April 12, 2011, Hungary - Ukraine
April 13, 2011. Hungary - Ukraine

World Championship Division 1A Schedule:
April 17, 2011, Hungary - Netherlands
April 18, 2011, Hungary - South Korea
April 20, 2011, Hungary - Japan
April 22, 2011, Hungary - Spain
April 23, 2011, Hungary - Italy

Ladislav Sikorcin has obtained Hungarian citizenship and may be eligible to play in the tournament in April. The 25 year old has been near the top of the scoring list in the MOL Liga over the past three years. Sikorcin has played one exhibition game as a member of the Hungarian National team back in 2009...

...a 6 to 1 victory over Italy.

Kiraly
04-03-2011, 23:57
Another Slovak player, Vladimir Dubek, has obtained Hungarian citizenship. Dubek, who turned 30 today, currently plays for Miskolc. He finished the regular season 4th overall in scoring (by way of comparison, Ladislav Sikorcin finished 9th). Dubek has suited up for the Hungarian national team 3 times and may be considered for this year's W.C.

Steigs
05-03-2011, 01:06
Good group for Hungary this year, I'll be watching very closely hoping for them to take the Italians and get themselves back to the top level.

RiaRiaHungaria
05-03-2011, 03:03
Looking forward to these games... my username says it all!

Kiraly
24-03-2011, 23:39
Goaltenders:
Bence Balizs (Fehervar)
Zoltan Hetenyi (Fehervar)
Miklos Rajna (Vasas)
Levente Szuper (Arizona)

Defensemen:
Adam Hegyi (1986) (Dunaujvaros)
Andras Horvath (Fehervar)
David Jobb (Fehervar)
Daniel Kiss (Dunaujvaros)
Balazs Lada (Miskolc)
Attila Orban (Fehervar)
Tamas Pozsgai (Dunaujvaros)
Tamas Sille (Vasas)
Bence Svasznek (Vasas)
Viktor Szelig (Briancon)
Bence Sziranyi (Vasas)
Viktor Tokaji (Fehervar)

Forwards:
Zsolt Azari (Dunaujvaros)
Istvan Bartalis (Troja Ljungby)
Andras Benk (Fehervar)
Daniel Fekete (Fehervar)
Nikandrosz Galanisz (Dunaujvaros)
Roger Holeczy (Fehervar)
Csaba Janosi (Ferencvaros)
Akos Kiss (Dunaujvaros)
Daniel Koger (Laredo)
Csaba Kovacs (Fehervar)
Balazs Ladanyi (Fehervar)
Balint Magosi (Dunaujvaros)
Krisztian Palkovics (Fehervar)
Ladislav Sikorcin (Csikszereda)
Istvan Sofron (Fehervar)
Balazs Somogyi (Vasas)
Adrian Toth (Fehervar)
Janos Vas (Tingsryds)
Marton Vas (Fehervar)
Artyom Vaszjunyin (Fehervar)

Reserve:
Akos Berta (Vasas)
Adrian Huffner (Vasas)
Gergo Nagy (Fehervar)

Steigs
24-03-2011, 23:46
Kiraly, I remember hearing somewhere at one point that Arpad Mihaly has dual Romanian-Hungarian citizenship and was playing with AV19 with the goal of qualifying for the Hungarian national team.
I'm not sure how true that is, but if it is, when did he join Fehervar (in other words, would the full two years pass in time for this year's World Championship, or would he have to wait until next year?)

Spitfire
25-03-2011, 00:15
Kiraly, I remember hearing somewhere at one point that Arpad Mihaly has dual Romanian-Hungarian citizenship and was playing with AV19 with the goal of qualifying for the Hungarian national team.
I'm not sure how true that is, but if it is, when did he join Fehervar (in other words, would the full two years pass in time for this year's World Championship, or would he have to wait until next year?)

It must be two full years since he became Sapa player, so he could play for Hungary next season. Same with Cronucks from Medvescak. They all were signed by Bears before 09/10 just as Mihaly were by Sapa. :)

Example: If he signed with Sapa in June 2009. that means two years will pass this June(and WC is in April), so he can play in 2012. :)

Steigs
25-03-2011, 00:18
Yes, I'm aware of the requirements, which is why I was asking about the date when he was signed (and for confirmation on the dual-citizenship question).

Tyreone Shoelaces
25-03-2011, 09:57
Kerusz can you post a link for stream on monday? I'd be grateful forever! :)

aimbo
25-03-2011, 10:14
Think Mihaly has now Romanian-American citizenship. When he'll be able to play for the Hungarian NT he'll drop the Romanian once. Those were the rumours some year ago.

kerusz
25-03-2011, 15:19
l4gDtqDv7nk

RexKramer
25-03-2011, 15:46
Good effort! The Japanese can need some support for sure. Still I could easily imagine that they cancel their participation.

Kiraly
25-03-2011, 15:50
Regarding Arpad, I"ve read that he will be eligible to represent Hungary in the 2012 World Championships and that he wishes to do so. I believe he still has dual Romanian-American citizenship, although I don't think dropping the Romanian and acquiring Hungarian citizenship will be difficult.

Kiraly
25-03-2011, 15:55
Great gesture by the Hungarian National Team.

kerusz
26-03-2011, 11:17
These are the ticket prices for the preparation matches of Team Hungary:

HUN-CRO in Zalaegerszeg: 1200 HUF
HUN-SLO, HUN-UKR in Budapest, Jégpalota: 1000, 2000, 3000 HUF (depends on the sectors)
HUN-UKR in Dunaújváros: 800 HUF (students), 1200 HUF (standing), 2000 HUF (seated)
HUN-SLO in Székesfehérvár: 750 HUF (students), 1200 HUF (standing), 2200 HUF (seated)

kerusz
19-05-2011, 02:04
In about a week it shall be decided whether New York Rangers will play against Team Hungary during its European pre-season tour. The planned date of the match is 3rd October, the venue is the Papp László Budapest Sportaréna. Ken Yaffe NHL International Executive was on a visit in Budapest in the past days and told that the negotiations about the match are going well.

kerusz
22-04-2013, 23:17
Two legendary players announced their retirement from the national team after the Div I A IHWC in Budapest. #5 SZÉLIG Viktor (http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=24708), the Captain of the team participated on 21 senior world championships and have 232 caps, #4 HORVÁTH András (http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=18989) participated on 19 senior world championships and have 225 caps. Szélig will continue in Briancon, Horváth plans to leave Sapa Fehérvár AV19 and play some more years in a Budapest team. Both players started their national team carreer in the pool C and played in the former pool B and in the DIvision 1 after that, both of them were members of the team which promoted to the elite after 70 years and played in the elite in 2009 as well.

Thank you guys for your efforts to raise Hungarian hockey. :c239::c239::c239:

http://www.jegkorongblog.hu/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Szelig-HUNJPN.jpg

http://www.jegkorongblog.hu/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Horvath-HUNKAZ.jpg