PDA

View Full Version : MOL Interliga 2012/13

kerusz
10-06-2012, 13:57
The next edition of the competition with Hungarian and Romanian teams is getting shape now.

Ten teams applied to play in the next season.
Four from Hungary:
- Dab.Docler - Dunaújváros
- Ferencvárosi TC - Budapest
- Miskolci Jegesmedvék - Miskolc
- Újpesti TE - Budapest

Three from Romania:
- ASC Corona Brasov - Brasov / Brassó
- HSC Csíkszereda - Miercurea Ciuc / Csíkszereda
- Steaua Rangers - Bucharest

Two from Slovakia:
- HK 38 Dubnica - Dubnica nad Váhom / Máriatölgyes
- HC Nové Zámky Ice Tigers - Nové Zámky / Érsekújvár

And one from Serbia.
- HK Partizan Beograd - Belgrade

Sapa Fehérvár AV19 (Alba Volán) did not register for the league. The situation is interesting since the club does not have at the moment the exemption from the Hungarian Federation to do so (the general rule is that if a club plays in a foreign league they also have to compete in the home league in the same category).

This list is not final, the slovakian clubs still need the approval from the federation, while Partizan still needs to clarify issues about the arena with the City of Belgrade, the owner of the Ledena Dvorana Pionir.

The league will start early september and ends late march. It will be the Hungarian Championship at the same time. The Hungarian Champion will be the team from Hungary which finishes on the best place in the league. In the regular season teams will have around 50 matches, followed by quarterfinals (best of 5), semifinals (best of 5) and finals (best of 7).

I expect a really interesting season, since Dab.Docler is always good, Miskolc wants to improve (they also want to win a round in the Continental Cup), Ferencváros and Újpest can profit from the fact the the Alba Volán farmteam will not play. HSC Csíkszereda wants to make things right after the disappointing bronze in the past season, while Brasov is very active on the transfer market and aimed to win its first ever title in the next season. Partizan arrives as Slohokej champion, and the Slovakian hockey have a big talent pool which shall make the two teams competitive on that level.

Drax
10-06-2012, 17:04
Hungarian championship without Sapa is bad news, both for Hungarian hockey and the whole national championship concept as such. There has to be a common ground between legitimate authority of national federations to regulate hockey played on the territory under its jurisdiction and the wish of the professional clubs to sustain themselves. Without an agreement, European hockey is going into the state of chaos.

woppa
10-06-2012, 19:51
If things go as proposed then this would be quite interesting... quite a multi-national league! I just hope that there will be some way to follow results and stuff in english.

The arena being ready on time in Belgrade worries me. I don't think they'll be able to start on time, but hey, who knows, maybe... miracles occasionally happen. :)

Davide
11-06-2012, 16:35
I really hope Partizan can find an agreement with the City of Belgrade for the start of competition. Otherwise , why they don't play in Novi Sad or all the games away until the arrangement? Could be a solution?

It's a pity there won't be an Hungarian League this year, last season it was a good tournament (except the finals)

woppa
11-06-2012, 18:24
I really hope Partizan can find an agreement with the City of Belgrade for the start of competition. Otherwise , why they don't play in Novi Sad or all the games away until the arrangement? Could be a solution?

It's a pity there won't be an Hungarian League this year, last season it was a good tournament (except the finals)

The arena in Novi Sad can not be ready to open on time, I think.
Playing away games... the problem is where will they practice? For example, last season they had to go to Bulgaria to practice.

The other question becomes... what will happen to Partizan if they can not play in MOL due to arena issues? Where will they play? Where could they play?

Mol league is the future for this region. It is the only stable competition in last 5 or more years with good perspectives for the future.

I personally would prefer to see a sort of panonian league again.

Davide
11-06-2012, 19:01
Can't they use as practice rink the Novi Beograd rink? It's the same used by Vitez and Beostar?

The arena in Novi Sad can not be ready to open on time, I think.
Playing away games... the problem is where will they practice? For example, last season they had to go to Bulgaria to practice.

The other question becomes... what will happen to Partizan if they can not play in MOL due to arena issues? Where will they play? Where could they play?

I personally would prefer to see a sort of panonian league again.

woppa
11-06-2012, 19:21
Can't they use as practice rink the Novi Beograd rink? It's the same used by Vitez and Beostar?

I don't know. The question is how early can Beostar's Pingvin Arena get ice... for example, last season they had to play in the late evenings because during the day it was too warm. It depends on the climate too much, so I personally do not think that the Pingvin rink can be ready that early. :(

woppa
11-06-2012, 22:32
It is not the first time that Pionir would have ice in avgust.

Could you just tell me when was the last time that this happened?

kerusz
11-06-2012, 23:45
Davide, as far as I know the SPENS in Novi Sad will have ice somewhen at the end of october - beginning november. Not because they are not able to make ice earlier, but because the owners/operators are planning so.

Could you just tell me when was the last time that this happened?

Actually it does not matter. They are able to do it, the question is only whether they are willing to do it or not, and if they are, for how much money.

Marc Brunengraber
12-06-2012, 02:29
Kerusz, is Sapa/Alba Volan's EBEL squad now not going to be able to compete with the top Hungarian team from MOL/Interliga for the title of Hungarian champion?

If so, that will lead to the ridiculous situation we see in Kazakhstan, where neither Barys or Torpedo can vie to be Kazakh champion, despite the fact that either would almost certainly crush the Kazakh league champion.

Also, where is Sapa/Alba Volan's farm team going to play?

As for the Croatian and Serbian clubs left out in the cold, perhaps they can re-start the Panonian League.

woppa
12-06-2012, 03:28
Actually it does not matter. They are able to do it, the question is only whether they are willing to do it or not, and if they are, for how much money.

Well, it's interesting to me when it last happened. I hope someone knows.

kerusz
13-06-2012, 00:33
Kerusz, is Sapa/Alba Volan's EBEL squad now not going to be able to compete with the top Hungarian team from MOL/Interliga for the title of Hungarian champion?

If so, that will lead to the ridiculous situation we see in Kazakhstan, where neither Barys or Torpedo can vie to be Kazakh champion, despite the fact that either would almost certainly crush the Kazakh league champion.

Also, where is Sapa/Alba Volan's farm team going to play?

As for the Croatian and Serbian clubs left out in the cold, perhaps they can re-start the Panonian League.

Marc, it does not make any sense to wait for Sapa EBEL Squad to play a Hungarian Championships playoff. Firstly, to wait for them you should have a flexible schedule at the end of the season since nobody can predict when will Alba Volán finish in the EBEL. That means that we cannot tell when will be the playoff, the fans and the television with which we have a contract can not plan their programme in time. Secondly, Miskolc played the MOL Liga finals in front of a packed house, in the Hungarian Championship finals there were pretty much empty seats. People are not interested in such single sided matchups. We want to make the league attractive and if we manage to make it more balanced than it was in the past than it will attract more fans.

Alba Volán disbanded its farm team which was their own decision. The main reason was their obligation to play in the EBEL junior league (about which our federation dod not get any information from the austrian side), which left their rink fully booked even without the farmteam, and also increased the budget of the club. The federation or the league got informed about the decision from the local newspaper in Székesfehérvár. We even did not have the chance to convince the club to lease the farmteam to an other town which could in that case support the team (the towns of Zalaegerszeg and Kaposvár was opened to invest in the farmteam if they had moved there).

This is a worrying situation for us as well since we have only 4 teams now in our league, the smallest number in the past decade or so.

We have a saying - you cannot ride two horses at the same time with one ass. Alba Volán decided to play in the EBEL, we had no other possibility than to take notice of it.

BASSA
25-06-2012, 10:33
Németh Miklós beszámolt az elnökségnek
2012.06.21. 19:18
http://www.icehockey.hu/index.php?pg=news_13_3653

A MOL Liga 2012–2013-as szezonja kapcsán elhangzott, hogy a június 8-i nevezési határidőig 10 csapat nevezett. Magyarországról a Dab.Docler, a Ferencváros, a Miskolci Jegesmedvék, az Újpesti TE, Romániából az ASC Corona Brassó, a HSC Csíkszereda és Steaua Rangers Bukarest, Szlovákiából a HC Nové Zámky/Érsekújvár és a HK 38 Dubnica, míg Szerbiából a HK Partizan Belgrád. Ugyanakkor vannak függőben levő kérdések is. A szlovák szövetség június 27-én határoz csapatai elengedéséről. Úgy hírlik, a HC Nové Zámky/Érsekújvár esetében pozitív döntés várható, a HK 38 Dubnica esetében viszont nem. A Partizan Belgrádnak továbbra is a jégcsarnokával kapcsolatos kérdéseket kell rendeznie. A hírek szerint elvi megállapodás megszületett arról, hogy augusztus 15-től lesz jég Belgrádban. A Steaua jelezte, ragaszkodna a kétcsoportos, 12 csapatos liga koncepciójához. Mivel nem merült fel olyan körülmény, amely a Gyergyószentmiklós és a Galati felvétele mellett szólna, kérdés, mi lesz a bukarestiekkel. A nevezések lezárására június 22-én kerül sor. A liga a tervek szerint a szlovákiai döntés után, július 2-án, hétfőn ül össze, és a napirendjén a végleges program, valamint versenyszabályzat kialakítása is szerepel.

Davide
25-06-2012, 23:55
Will Federation apply any kind of punishment/fee for Sapa?

Marc, it does not make any sense to wait for Sapa EBEL Squad to play a Hungarian Championships playoff. Firstly, to wait for them you should have a flexible schedule at the end of the season since nobody can predict when will Alba Volán finish in the EBEL. That means that we cannot tell when will be the playoff, the fans and the television with which we have a contract can not plan their programme in time. Secondly, Miskolc played the MOL Liga finals in front of a packed house, in the Hungarian Championship finals there were pretty much empty seats. People are not interested in such single sided matchups. We want to make the league attractive and if we manage to make it more balanced than it was in the past than it will attract more fans.

Alba Volán disbanded its farm team which was their own decision. The main reason was their obligation to play in the EBEL junior league (about which our federation dod not get any information from the austrian side), which left their rink fully booked even without the farmteam, and also increased the budget of the club. The federation or the league got informed about the decision from the local newspaper in Székesfehérvár. We even did not have the chance to convince the club to lease the farmteam to an other town which could in that case support the team (the towns of Zalaegerszeg and Kaposvár was opened to invest in the farmteam if they had moved there).

This is a worrying situation for us as well since we have only 4 teams now in our league, the smallest number in the past decade or so.

We have a saying - you cannot ride two horses at the same time with one ass. Alba Volán decided to play in the EBEL, we had no other possibility than to take notice of it.

kerusz
26-06-2012, 01:21
Will Federation apply any kind of punishment/fee for Sapa?

I don't think so. I have my personal opinion about the story but I do not think this is the place where I have to explain it.

Eventually, what should have been done is an open roundtable discussion with EBEL the ÖEHV, and with all the other affected parties, namely Slovenian, Croatian and Hungarian Federations. And this should have been done before they decided about the Junior EBEL.

I think Hungarian Federation is the least affected side on the story. We will have our league with 8 to 10 teams, we will have a junior league with 6 teams after many years of absence (not because of the Junior EBEL, but despite of it). But look at the Nationalliga, the Slovenian league, look at Mladost Zagreb. They are all trying to survive somehow and do not really know what to do. Austria had an 11-team U20 league in the last season, 6 teams will be missing from it because of the Junior EBEL. What will the Austrians do with the 5 teams left out from Junior EBEL, is also unknown.

RexKramer
26-06-2012, 10:56
I don't think so. I have my personal opinion about the story but I do not think this is the place where I have to explain it.

Eventually, what should have been done is an open roundtable discussion with EBEL the ÖEHV, and with all the other affected parties, namely Slovenian, Croatian and Hungarian Federations. And this should have been done before they decided about the Junior EBEL.

I think Hungarian Federation is the least affected side on the story. We will have our league with 8 to 10 teams, we will have a junior league with 6 teams after many years of absence (not because of the Junior EBEL, but despite of it). But look at the Nationalliga, the Slovenian league, look at Mladost Zagreb. They are all trying to survive somehow and do not really know what to do. Austria had an 11-team U20 league in the last season, 6 teams will be missing from it because of the Junior EBEL. What will the Austrians do with the 5 teams left out from Junior EBEL, is also unknown..

Did you ever have a look at the results in the AUT U20 league from last season? The league was only nominally at 11 teams as the bottom 3 clubs were absolutely not on par with the rest. Games of Tarco against KAC for instance are a waste of time and money for everyone involved as no one can learn a thing from such a mismatch.
Simply counting the number of teams in a league as the criterion to judge whether it is good or bad makes little sense imho, it is the competitiveness that really matters. For a league competition to work it takes teams that are about on the same level with each other. VEU/Rankweil wasn't competitive and neither were the Junior Caps and Tarco was a disaster. Of the remaininf 8 teams the parent clubs of 6 are supposed to be in junior EBEL which leaves only Zell am See and the LA stars out of the middle (Junior Caps were so weak because of the Silver Caps playing in NL, this problem is obviously no more). LA Stars are a commercial hockey school (tuition fee about 15k Euro per season), they will find a solution for their team. So there's exactly on team for which concern is justified, Zell am See. Whether the founding of junior EBEL is a disaster for them I will comment on once it is known what the fate of the Zell U20 players is. Apart from that the problem you see junior EBEL bringing to the Austrian "system" doesn't exist. Au contraire, if EBEL II turns out to give the better Austrian U20 teams a stable and balanced competition with also non-Austrian teams it will be a huge improvement.

BASSA
26-06-2012, 18:36
:c098:

LA Stars are a commercial hockey school (tuition fee about 15k Euro per season), they will find a solution for their team.

You mean 15.000 euros per season to pay for someone to play in this team? Salary in Serbia is around 250 euros so I really surprised that someone can pay for that? Unbelievable?
Lower Austria Stars - Austria U20 (http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=10501&year0=2012)
Stefan Boskovic (D) 1996-11-10
Ugljesa Novakovic (D) 1995-03-17
Nikola Lazarevic (F) 1994-07-21

RexKramer
26-06-2012, 22:06
:c098:

You mean 15.000 euros per season to pay for someone to play in this team? Salary in Serbia is around 250 euros so I really surprised that someone can pay for that? Unbelievable?
Lower Austria Stars - Austria U20 (http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=10501&year0=2012)
Stefan Boskovic (D) 1996-11-10
Ugljesa Novakovic (D) 1995-03-17
Nikola Lazarevic (F) 1994-07-21

Although we're going off topic here 15.000 Euro fee was the sum that circulated when the LA Stars were started (it is part of the Okanagan Hockey School Organisation). As the organisation is supported by the provincial government of Lower Austria (hence the L.A. in the name) they have to offer a few places in their program for kids from Lower Austrian clubs at a reduced rate. But other than that for all I know its that the students resp. their parents have to pay. And 15k is not far fetched for me, the students go to the St. Pölten International School (guess the fees of the scholl are included in the 15k), they have room and board on the St. Pölten sports school campus, there's plenty of personell, multiple practices per day all year round (except holidays ;-) they play league and go to tournaments all over Europe....that certainly costs some money.

And 250.- Euro is probably the average salary in Serbia, that doesn't mean there's a few guys here and there that can afford to send their sons to such a program ;-)

woppa
27-06-2012, 02:43
And 250.- Euro is probably the average salary in Serbia, that doesn't mean there's a few guys here and there that can afford to send their sons to such a program ;-)

Especially if daddy or mommy own multimillion dollar businesses.

BASSA
27-06-2012, 22:40
Great article on English: http://www.hsccsikszereda.com/2012/06/press-conference-27062012.html

HSC's management held a press conference today at Vákár Lajos ice rink, coaches Timo Lahtinen and Nagy Béla, president Horváth László, Cseke Szilárd (sports coordinator) were all present at the conference. Also Lahtinen's agent Osmo Rantakari attended the meeting! If you want to find out a bunch of news, just go on and click on "Read more" to see the whole article!

First off, president Horváth László began by presenting Timo Lahtinen, HSC's Finnish coach. Horváth said that Lahtinen officially will take over the team from the 9th of July and that he is very happy to have a World renowned coach at HSC. (scroll down to read interviews with Lahtinen and Nagy Béla)

Then he started talking about the juniors and that there is a unseen amount of young talents who want to get in the seniors team, mainly from the U18 HSC team which had awesome results last year. He mentioned that Steaua will not participate in the MOL Liga this year, or who knows...(and if Dubnica will not be granted tomorrow by the Slovak federation, than the MOL Liga will have again only 8 teams, but who knows...), so the Romanian championship is also going to be tougher, the team needs more players. The president said that he wishes to have at least one good line of junior players starting next season. HSC now has 5 goalies, (besides Kozuch, Ruczuj and Fülöp) there is also Onodi and Töke from the U18 teams which are fighting for a spot at the seniors!

And speaking of players, two junior player have signed with HSC: Salló Alpár is returning from Germany, and Farkas Tamás who was born in Gheorgheni (thus he doesn't count as a foreigner) is coming from SAPA Fehérvár's II team, the one that played in the MOL Liga last year. Farkas gathered 23 points last season (7+16) in 35 games!

On the foreigner front, the president said that Lahtinen's agent Osmo Rantakari is willing to help the team in signing foreigners (he is also the agent of around 100 players)

Starting from the 9th of July, the team will restart the pre-season preparations which are going to be intense! Two pre-season tournaments are also scheduled, one in Brasov (Brasov Cup) between the 10th and the 12th of August, and the traditional Csiki Sör Kupa is going to be held in Csikszereda (24-26 August). The invited teams are not known yet, they want to invite one of the Slovak teams from the upcoming MOL Liga season (probably HK Nové Zámky) to the Csiki Sör Cup! Two days later (28-30 August) the 1st round of the Continental Cup is scheduled in Csikszereda!

Then Horváth went on speaking about the fact that the players are starting to show professional mentality towards their preparation, some of the players are preparing themselves with individual training programs. There are no major injuries in the roster, everybody is healthy!
Then Tranca Daniel was the topic, a very promising young player, who is apparently going to join a Canadian team from the beginning of August! "He is a good example for the kids here, that you can make it from Csikszereda in the big hockey" said Horváth. Also he mentioned that the club is having discussions with Adorján József (we knew that...) and Pál Zoltán from Corona Brasov!

Then Horváth went on and spoke about the main objective in the next season, which is getting more and more young talents into the senior team, and remain competitive in the meantime. He said that the time will come when they will have to sign a good foreigner, but until that they don't want to steal the opportunities from the youngsters!
The same junior teams were entered in the Hungarian and Romanian leagues (U12, U14, U16 and U18). Unfortunately they are still working on the ticket pricing and the seasonal tickets for the next season, they will announce those later the summer.

Here is the list of the current players who are preparing for the 2012-2013 season:
Goalies: Stanislav Kozuch, Fülöp Róbert, Ruczuj Gellért, Tőke Zoltán and Onodi Ottó.

Defenders: Kósa Endre, Adorján József, Nagy István, Góga Attila, Papp Szabolcs, Molnár Szabolcs, Flinta Botond, Pataki Nándor, Bors Huba, Tamás Nándor, Salló Alpár, Nagy Tamás, Gecse Hugó and Tódor Krisztián.

Forwards: Vaclav Novak, Moldován Ervin, Szőcs Szabolcs, Mihály Ede, Péter Levente, Molnár Zsolt, Biró Ottó, Bálint Attila, Becze Tihamér, Bíró Tamás, Trancă Dániel, Okos Csanád, Hildebrand Szabolcs, Molnár Zoltán, Silló Arnold, Egyed Róbert, Farkas Tamás and Pál Zoltán.

Coaches: Timo Lahtinen and Nagy Béla.

Timo Lahtinen:
"I am very happy that I returned to Csikszereda. Nagy Béla did a great job with the guys, it's a good feeling to see the players wanting to be better and better. The youngsters here are good, many of them can make it in the seniors roster."

"We can start the tactical training very soon because the town has a beautiful sports hall where we will practice the tactics while playing floorball and basketball! These two sports are very similar to hockey when it comes to tactics. I am very happy that we have outstanding facilities at our disposal, this makes our job easier and it helps a lot in the development!"
"I already know most of the players, some I already coached, others I saw playing a lot. We will make a bunch of tests during the pre-season so this way we can track each players development!" (source: sportclub.ro)

Nagy Béla:

"We started the preparations in Csikszereda, we prepared for two weeks and then we went to Harghita Bai for high altitude training. This week started with a test, and it will end with one. On the 9th of July we are going to start with another test; coach Lahtinen already made the preparation plans for the upcoming weeks!"
"From August, things will really start going: preparations on ice, preparation games etc. The team is not formed yet, but I am sure we will have a great season this year also. There will probably be 4 teams in the MOL Liga who will fight for the 1st place (DAB, Brasov, HSC and Miskolc). We have a great coach which gives us confidence and safety." (source: sportclub.ro)

MikeHSC
27-06-2012, 23:18
Thanks for the publicity Bassa :)

In the meantime, it's settled: Hk Nové Zámky can and HC 38 Dubnica can not play in the 2012-2013 MOL Liga
Dubnica did not receive the permission from the Slovak Ice Hockey Federation to play in the MOL Liga...
http://jegkorong.blog.hu/2012/06/27/az_ersekujvar_johet_a_dubnica_nem

Davide
28-06-2012, 02:40
Mike and what about news about Steaua withdraw from MOL Liga? very sad news if confirmed....

Thanks for the publicity Bassa :)

In the meantime, it's settled: Hk Nové Zámky can and HC 38 Dubnica can not play in the 2012-2013 MOL Liga
Dubnica did not receive the permission from the Slovak Ice Hockey Federation to play in the MOL Liga...

kerusz
28-06-2012, 03:02
Mike and what about news about Steaua withdraw from MOL Liga? very sad news if confirmed....

Mike should not know anything about it cause it is a strange situation. The Steaua story was mentioned on the press conference of HSC by the director of HSC. I however, received a letter from the director of Steaua on the same day (Wednesday) where Steaua director did not say yes, but also did not say no. I'd suggest to wait until he will be able to give a definitive answer (the latest time for that is on Monday on the league meeting), and let him speak for himself. It's never good when there are some voluntary speakers...

I know that everybody wants to be the first to tell the new stories about this or that, because it makes page impressions and money at the end, but please, wait until we will be able to give an official information about the league.

MikeHSC
28-06-2012, 12:46

As kerusz already pointed out, I do not have the appropriate knowledge regarding Steaua's participation in the MOL Liga at the moment, and Steaua has always been acting like a little bitch when it came to deciding stuff like this, it is to early to know what is on their mind.

Kerusz I knew that this wasn't an official statement (the one made by Horvath) regarding Steaua, this is why I added some of my thoughts after what I wrote. And don't get me wrong, I am not doing this for the page impressions and mostly not for the money, I just simply love hockey and want to share the news and thoughts. It's not my problem that some viewers do not know the meaning of a blog and sometimes mistake it with official statements.

veghist
28-06-2012, 13:24
Personally I'd prefer not to have Steaua in the League. Bucarest is very far, which makes it unpopular for western teams to consider joining the League, and they also have few spectators, and even attract less playing away, low commercial value and - sorry to say - crappy hockey.

kerusz
28-06-2012, 13:32
As kerusz already pointed out, I do not have the appropriate knowledge regarding Steaua's participation in the MOL Liga at the moment, and Steaua has always been acting like a little bitch when it came to deciding stuff like this, it is to early to know what is on their mind.

Kerusz I knew that this wasn't an official statement (the one made by Horvath) regarding Steaua, this is why I added some of my thoughts after what I wrote. And don't get me wrong, I am not doing this for the page impressions and mostly not for the money, I just simply love hockey and want to share the news and thoughts. It's not my problem that some viewers do not know the meaning of a blog and sometimes mistake it with official statements.

The PI was not addressed specifically to you. You just summarized in english what have happened on the HSC press conference and it is fully okay. But I really do not understand what why was it important for the HSC boss to speak about Steaua on the press conference of his own team... I wanted to point out this race in the news with my PI remark. Sorry that it was misunderstandable.

BASSA
28-06-2012, 13:51
I sincerely hope that Partizan is not gambling, and wait for development of the situation with Slohokej teams. At the beginning of June I was informed that they will play MOL League, and that Pionir will get the ice about 15 August.

Now I read that everything is still questionable - Kerusz, give me hope, give me a sign of encouragement. I do not want to be disappointed again like last season.

shefpie
28-06-2012, 14:14

Do we know why the federation gave permission to one team and not the other? I appreciate that Nové Zámky is closer to Hungary geographically and perhaps culturally but were there other factors?

MikeHSC
28-06-2012, 14:38
The PI was not addressed specifically to you. You just summarized in english what have happened on the HSC press conference and it is fully okay. But I really do not understand what why was it important for the HSC boss to speak about Steaua on the press conference of his own team... I wanted to point out this race in the news with my PI remark. Sorry that it was misunderstandable.

Ok then :) Yes, it's quite interesting how he (Horvath) usually speaks without any background...

kerusz
28-06-2012, 14:57
Do we know why the federation gave permission to one team and not the other? I appreciate that Nové Zámky is closer to Hungary geographically and perhaps culturally but were there other factors?

I think it has nothing to do with that.

As far as I know, SZLH set up some criteria which should be fulfilled if a club wants to play abroad. One could fulfill them, the other not.

woppa
28-06-2012, 20:35
I sincerely hope that Partizan is not gambling, and wait for development of the situation with Slohokej teams. At the beginning of June I was informed that they will play MOL League, and that Pionir will get the ice about 15 August.

Now I read that everything is still questionable - Kerusz, give me hope, give me a sign of encouragement. I do not want to be disappointed again like last season.

I will ask again, nicely, please let me know when was the last time that there was ice in Belgrade that early?
Also, who informed you? Was it anything official? If it was not official then it does not matter.

Until then, until I see that reality, :c261:

kerusz
28-06-2012, 21:15
I will ask again, nicely, please let me know when was the last time that there was ice in Belgrade that early?
Also, who informed you? Was it anything official? If it was not official then it does not matter.

Until then, until I see that reality, :c261:

Your agressive manner is really boring.

woppa
28-06-2012, 21:25
Your agressive manner is really boring.
Don't get me wrong, I would like to see Partizan in Mol. I am not sure how realistic that is though. Which... is why I want to know when was the last time (if ever) that Belgrade had ice that early in the season?? When serbian hockey was at its peak, around 2007, official games were played in early october. So I figure there was maybe ice in late september. I know that you do not think that history is important, but I simply want to know when was the last time that they had ice this early as is necessary. From the start I said "ha I don't believe that they will get ice for this"... and you looked at me like a fool. I am not a fool. It is a very realistic concern.

jaaa
28-06-2012, 21:53
I think it has nothing to do with that.

As far as I know, SZLH set up some criteria which should be fulfilled if a club wants to play abroad. One could fulfill them, the other not.

Yeah, definitely has nothing to do with politics. I suspect it might have to do with the fact that HK 38 Dubnica is basically a new club who were planning a cooperation with the old club in Dubnica MHK. AFAIK HK 38 would have the seniors and U20 teams and MHK the other youth teams. Not sure whether they really worked out an agreement in the end. However I have also seen the president of MHK Dubnica say that MHK´s senior team has applied to play in Slovak 2.liga too back in May.

kerusz
29-06-2012, 13:29
Don't get me wrong, I would like to see Partizan in Mol. I am not sure how realistic that is though. Which... is why I want to know when was the last time (if ever) that Belgrade had ice that early in the season?? When serbian hockey was at its peak, around 2007, official games were played in early october. So I figure there was maybe ice in late september.

Hey, ten years ago even in Hungary the season started in October. Now it starts in early september. Ten years ago it never happened that there was ice on an icerink in Hungary before september. Now it is obvious that the rinks start to operate in august at latest. This is how things are developing. This is why it does not important and does not have any relevance how was it before. The important is how that will be from now on.

BALBOA
02-07-2012, 18:31
Partizan will not play MOL league. This is the end of Serbian ice hockey.

:c165:

goodbay

Steigs
02-07-2012, 18:43
What happened with Partizan? Is it arena issues like last year, or something deeper in the organization? That's really too bad, I'm sad to see it happen.

kerusz
03-07-2012, 02:52
Hm, I went snooping on the serbian hockey forum. And here are the results...

1) towards the end of this article Partizan is mentioned. http://icehockey.hu/index.php?pg=news_3_3662 But I don't know hungarian other than that sz makes a s sound. :P

The article (dated from 28. June) says that Dubnica did not get the green light from the Slovakian Federation, while Nové Zámky got it. So there are 7 fix participants for the league and two teams, Steaua and Partizan still have to answer.

2) to translate what someone else wrote: I put my own comments in parenthesis btw...

[translation]
"Partizan received several conditions from the MOL Liga, of which some are very hard and perhaps impossible in the Pionir arena because they require big investments.

Actually, we inspect the following in the Arenas:

a) compliance with the provisions of rules 100-170 of the IIHF Rule Book;
b) technical conditions of operation of the ice-rink;
c) circumstances of medical attendance on the ice-rink;
d) security circumstances;
e) working circumstances of the media;
f) catering.

1. Two stoplights in the arena. (I don't understand this?)
2. Players have to enter on the ice and from the ice to exit separately via separate hallways.
3. Making a press center/media center.
4. Dressroom format.
5. Securing bus access to in front of the arena.
6. Securing bus and car parking access for referees.
7. Net behind the goals.

Some of the above mentioned points are correct, some are not or not completely.

8. TV broadcast and tv rights probably for ungre. (What is ungre???) ??? For Serbia the TV rights are free for the participating team.

9. Five foreigners is the limit, and the goalie counts as two places. This serious limits the strength of Partizan. Yes, a maximum of 5 foreign players are allowed on the gamesheet. But if there is a foreign goalie he still counts only one.

kerusz
04-07-2012, 00:08
The final line-up:

http://www.internationalhockey.net/flags/flags_ani/Romania.gif ASC Corona Brasov (Brasov / Brassó)
http://www.internationalhockey.net/flags/flags_ani/Hungary.gif Dab.Docler (Dunaújváros)
http://www.internationalhockey.net/flags/flags_ani/Hungary.gif Ferencváros-ESMTK (Budapest)
http://www.internationalhockey.net/flags/flags_ani/Romania.gif HSC Csíkszereda (Miercurea Ciuc / Csíkszereda)
http://www.internationalhockey.net/flags/flags_ani/Slovakia.gif Ice Tigers Nové Zámky (Nové Zámky / Érsekújvár)
http://www.internationalhockey.net/flags/flags_ani/Hungary.gif Miskolci Jegesmedvék (Miskolc)
http://www.internationalhockey.net/flags/flags_ani/Hungary.gif Újpesti TE (Budapest)

Sapa Fehérvár AV19 decided to disband its farmteam because of their obligation to junior EBEL. HK 38 Dubnica did not got the approval from the Slovakian Federation. Partizan could not solve some issues after the recent political changes to ensure a proper preparation for the season, Steaua Rangers informed us that that with the romanian political changes the status of the ice-hockey department of the club is uncertain and they can not guarantee with responsibility that they will be able to play the whole season.

Steigs
04-07-2012, 00:41
At least Steaua were honest, though it's disappointing that they weren't able to confirm participation. At least one Slovak club in the mix will at least keep things a bit interesting, though Partizan would (on ice at least) have been a good addition IMO. Too bad their own issues are keeping them out.

kerusz
04-07-2012, 01:07
At least Steaua were honest, though it's disappointing that they weren't able to confirm participation. At least one Slovak club in the mix will at least keep things a bit interesting, though Partizan would (on ice at least) have been a good addition IMO. Too bad their own issues are keeping them out.

I think it will be an interesting season. Considering that we will have one and a half team less in Hungary (Fehérvár farm and half of the double-sized Dab.Docler), whose players will go to the existing four clubs, I expect that the bottom will be much much closer to the top. There are some remarkable signings already, so this might be a tight race for the title at the end.

veghist
04-07-2012, 11:18
Personally I think that it is a crying shame that Partizan cannot participate, it would have been a huge win-win for all parties. However I'm quite happy that Steaua will not participate, the league is much easier to expand if participants don't have to travel to Bucarest. Besides they have a small fanbase, and not much quality hockey. Good riddance.

BASSA
05-07-2012, 10:13
Personally I think that it is a crying shame that Partizan cannot participate, it would have been a huge win-win for all parties. However I'm quite happy that Steaua will not participate, the league is much easier to expand if participants don't have to travel to Bucarest. Besides they have a small fanbase, and not much quality hockey. Good riddance.
I agree with you, last season was much harder and they wanted to bring the cooler in the hall "Pionr". Playing Slohokej league 3 years has thrown into the water, it is clear that the city is not behind the ice hockey - but it was known. I think that first of all is not fair to the Hungarians who were willing to help, support, and waiting to solve problems.

Other clubs in Serbia are on very low level and this is mainly a result of the departure of those who cared about them - Partizan has nothing to do with that.

Orvoar, for a long period, and all the best to the MOL!

Drax
05-07-2012, 10:46
One team, no matter how realistically good it an be, cannot carry the burden of the hockey development in the entire country, no matte how small. Medveščak's growing popularity put hockey on the television and the pages of the newspapers and internet portals, but did little to help Croatian hockey in general.

The only people who directly drew profit from the situation are the managers who found new customer for their players from North America. Sure, thousands of people got the opportunity to watch good hockey at acceptable prices for a while, but I don't think this business model is going to last while at the same time Medveščak did little to improve the foundations of hockey as sport.

One could say that development of hockey is a task of national hockey federation, but in a country with only four clubs, the voice and the will of the strongest one (Medveščak) are going to carry the day each and every time. Medveščak is interested only in itself and its management keeps lifting the bar of club's ambitions. One day it is charge to win EBEL, the other is the wish to join KHL and now we have 3,5 million euros worth project of playing two hockey games in the antic Arena in Pula as if the future of professional hockey in Zagreb depends on finding fifteen thousand people willing to watch a hockey game between Medveščak and Olimpija for five times more money than they usually can.

So, in retrospective, what could Partizan's participation in MOL could bring to Serbian hockey if the only purpose of such undertaking was to flee from the gloom of Serbian hockey for few years? Serbian national team played its best championship when Serbia had a five team championship.

jaaa
05-07-2012, 11:57
This is just pure speculation on my part, but if the reason why Dubnica wasn´t given a green light by SZĽH was indeed, because the "merger" between HK 38 and MHK didn´t happen in time or something of that sorts, would the Hungarian federation be willing to accept them for 13/14 if they fulfilled SZĽH´s conditions by then? (assuming that they would still be interested in playing in MOL).

kerusz
05-07-2012, 13:38
This is just pure speculation on my part, but if the reason why Dubnica wasn´t given a green light by SZĽH was indeed, because the "merger" between HK 38 and MHK didn´t happen in time or something of that sorts, would the Hungarian federation be willing to accept them for 13/14 if they fulfilled SZĽH´s conditions by then? (assuming that they would still be interested in playing in MOL).

I think so, yes. Assuming that the concept will be the same as they presented.

kerusz
06-07-2012, 12:36
Here (http://forums.internationalhockey.net/showthread.php?11724-MOL-Interliga-2012-13-Transfers-rosters-results&p=229937&viewfull=1#post229937) I summarized the transfers in the MOL Liga up to today. Brasov and Miskolc were unusually active on the transfer market.

Brasov tried to pick up some of the best from its rivals. So they signed the head-coach and one of the most valuable players of Miskolc, one of the best defenders of the league (Hietamaki) from Ferencváros and they also made offers for the best players of local rival HSC Csíkszereda, but until now only two, Petres and Virág (both had a mediocre season) accepted the invitation. With Rawlyk they signed an experienced defender, but on the other hand, they have lost two good players from the defense. Filip and Varga added a lot to the Brasov matches in the past season, while Bartzen assisted plenty of goals.

Dab.Docler have to re-oganise the team after they were kicked out from Nationalliga. They do not need 35 players anymore but they want to put together the best of them. However, they already have two remarkable losses. With Hegyi and Pozsgai they lost two defenders who also played in Team Hungary in the Div 1A world championships. I think they will have no problems in the attack but they will need to sign defenders to get the necessary stability in front of their own net.

Ferencváros woke up a little bit later than the others, they only have two signings so far. Goalie Szőke returns from Újpest and Pilcsik joins the team. He was one of the best players on the in-line world champs and coach Dobos (who is the coach of the in-line NT) decided to give him an offer. However, the club have two remarkable losses. Hietamaki went to Brasov, while Jánosi, who earlier was a solid NT player, retires and continues as an U10 coach at Vasas.

HSC Csíkszereda starts the season with a new coach. The MOL Interliga is not unknown for the finn Timo Lahtinen, he coached HC Csíkszereda in the first edition of the competition and won gold with his team. What the roster is concerned, the club lost two impact foreign players and two experienced home players. Hurtaj and Hruby brought plenty of points, and both Petres and Virág could also decide matches. The newcomers are defender Varga from Brasov, a very goal-sensitive defender who sometimes seems to forget about his defensive tasks in favor of scoring goals, and two young talents, Farkas Tamás who arrived from Székesfehérvár (as a double citizen he will count as a home player) and Salló, who spent the past season in the DNL, with Krefeld.

Ice Tigers Nové Zámky is a new project of HC Nové Zámky and HC Nitra. They will play with a completely new roster, based on the players of the Extraliga and Junior Extraliga teams in Nitra. If the plans will become true, they will be a hard nut for every opponents. The head-coach is Robert Spisák, who spent many years in Hungary, neither the league, nor the opponents will be unknown for him.

Miskolc had the best season ever in the club history, and they obviously want to improve further. They lost coach Lindqvist and Bonar, released the very mediocre Lindgren, and obviously also Jarabek and Chmelo. Former Hungarian NT player Svasznek retired. A canadian coaqch arrived, and they signed most of the best available home defenders. Three NT players chose to play in Miskolc, namely Hegyi, Szirányi and Láda, who become an universal player in Székesfehérvár in the EBEL. Three Canadian players joined the club, with Farmanara seems to be the best signing. Czuba and Atkinson are a bit of dark horse for me, but knowing the depth of the Canadian hockey it might be that they will be able to push the team forward. The first sharp test is not far away, the club will play in a very hard Continental Cup group in Vaasa, Finland in october.

After two years of almost nihil fresh winds are blowing in Újpest. Fekti Bálint, the highest educated hungarian coach arrived and he immediately got rid of local icon Tolnai, who could not help anymore for the team in the past seasons. They are trying to call back home players who started to play ice-hockey in Újpest but for different reasons they left the club. No question that the team will be stronger than in the last two seasons, but still it is unpredictable how far they might go. I expect that they will finish at the lower half of the ranking, but they will be much closer to the others.

shefpie
06-07-2012, 13:28
I think its shaping up to be a very interesting season. Do we know when the schedule will be announced?

kerusz
06-07-2012, 13:46
I think its shaping up to be a very interesting season. Do we know when the schedule will be announced?

Within some days.

BASSA
01-08-2012, 18:29
The final line-up:

http://www.internationalhockey.net/flags/flags_ani/Romania.gif ASC Corona Brasov (Brasov / Brassó)
http://www.internationalhockey.net/flags/flags_ani/Hungary.gif Dab.Docler (Dunaújváros)
http://www.internationalhockey.net/flags/flags_ani/Hungary.gif Ferencváros-ESMTK (Budapest)
http://www.internationalhockey.net/flags/flags_ani/Romania.gif HSC Csíkszereda (Miercurea Ciuc / Csíkszereda)
http://www.internationalhockey.net/flags/flags_ani/Slovakia.gif Ice Tigers Nové Zámky (Nové Zámky / Érsekújvár)
http://www.internationalhockey.net/flags/flags_ani/Hungary.gif Miskolci Jegesmedvék (Miskolc)
http://www.internationalhockey.net/flags/flags_ani/Hungary.gif Újpesti TE (Budapest)

This season will be much more interesting than it was in the past. What i can see only UTE will stay out of import players, and all others are ready for an interesting competetion. FTC signed Garip Saliji so i hope that there will be some more good imports in Budapest team. Dunaujvaros with no imports still now but i expect very soon some good names there. Csikszereda step by step and they fill roster with new import from Svk-Extraliga. So, 6 teams on the fire...

BASSA
06-08-2012, 15:47
This is much more interesting - some MOL clubs started with ice (Csikszereda, Miskolc, Nove Zamky...).

http://www.boon.hu/kemeny-ritmusban-a-macik/2047617
http://sportclub.blog.hu/2012/08/01/az_elso_jeges_edzes_kepekben_588
http://www.hcnovezamky.sk/clanok/184

szabi
06-03-2013, 16:25
Here is an update on the MOL League playoffs http://rallycapsportsblog.blogspot.hu/2013/03/excitement-grows-in-mol-league-playoff.html

Vicente
27-03-2013, 11:23
Is there no Hungarian championship this season?

Davide
28-03-2013, 01:59
Is there no Hungarian championship this season?

no HUn league this year, as reported in the first post by kerusz

It will be the Hungarian Championship at the same time. The Hungarian Champion will be the team from Hungary which finishes on the best place in the league.

next weekend Hungarian Cup will be played

Davide
29-03-2013, 03:22
SAPA Fehervar won Hungarian Cup beating 4-0 Miskolc in the final

Tyreone Shoelaces
03-04-2013, 13:49
Is it true that Mladost wants to join MOL league next fall?

What about Partizan?

kerusz
06-04-2013, 13:51
Is it true that Mladost wants to join MOL league next fall?

What about Partizan?

I think it depends mostly on the financial issues (Mladost). I don't now how is the situation with Partizan, I'm afraid that they are recently farther from the admission to MOL Liga than they were in the last summer. Last summer it was the uncertainties with the Pionir Icerink which gave them the red light.

And of course, one thing is the wish to play in MOL Liga and an other is that the applicants shall be approved by the league members.