PDA

View Full Version : Help on hockey in Hungary

ukavsfan
02-07-2014, 10:32
Hi!

I'm going to be moving to live in Budapest soon, and as a hockey fan for 20 years I'd like to keep catching games when I'm there. I was wondering if anyone could help me, as most of the weblinks about the MOL Liga are only in Hungarian.

I've managed to see that there are two teams in Budapest, which is excellent, but have a few other questions:

- What days do teams play on, and roughly how many fixtures are there per week?
- Is there a limit on 'foreign' players?
- What is the standard like?
- What is the ticket price on average?
- Are the games well-attended by the public?

As background to myself, I've watched hockey in the lower leagues of the UK most of my life, but also lived in Austria for 6 months and spent the season following Graz in the EBEL in 09/10.

Anyway, I hope someone can answer and give me a bit of information on the league, and I look forward to watching games.

Thanks!

kerusz
02-07-2014, 11:21
Hi!

The schedule will be ready in the coming days.
Foreign players: 6 per team on gamesheet
Tickets: ~1000 HUF / game (~3...4 EUR)
Budapest matches are generally not very well attended, but we hope it will change soon :-)

Everything about the coming season will be published in the appropriate thread soon

See you on the MOL Liga matches :-)

ukavsfan
02-07-2014, 15:53
Hi!

The schedule will be ready in the coming days.
Foreign players: 6 per team on gamesheet
Tickets: ~1000 HUF / game (~3...4 EUR)
Budapest matches are generally not very well attended, but we hope it will change soon :-)

Everything about the coming season will be published in the appropriate thread soon

See you on the MOL Liga matches :-)

Awesome, thanks very much. BTW I think your website is excellent, just a shame I need Google to (badly) translate me the pages, but the information and stuff you've got on there is really good! Look forward to seeing some games.

Steigs
03-07-2014, 05:06
ukavsfan, welcome to the site! Keep checking back here, our Hungarian/MOL insiders are absolutely top-notch. You'll find out plenty more here (in the English language, at any rate) than you will anywhere else, I promise you.

The proper threads are in place already for the most part. The MOL Liga thread is here: http://www.internationalhockey.net/forums/showthread.php?13052-MOL-Liga-off-season-2014

jaaa
25-05-2015, 18:30
I didn't know where else to ask this, so I'll try this thread: In this article (http://hokej.pravda.sk/ostatne/clanok/356136-madari-podporuju-hokej-dockali-sa-zasluzenej-odmeny/) Tamas Sille says that hockey is together with football, water polo, handball and basketball one of the five collective sports sponsored by the government. Ladislav Sikorcin then says that "hockey is currently probably the third main team sport after football and water polo in Hungary". Is there actually an element of truth to this or is this just a hockey player looking at his sport through rose tinted glasses? I would just find it truly surprising if hockey was currently ahead of handball, a sport which I thought had a very strong tradition in Hungary unlike in hockey.