PDA

View Full Version : WC Warm-up games in Budapest?

ukavsfan
26-02-2015, 11:47
Many years ago (like 5...) I remember going to something called the 'Pannon Hockey Gala' in Budapest, which was used as a warm-up before the World Championships - seem to remember it was Hungary, Austria, and Norway who took part - with the games featuring Hungary played at the Papp Lazlo Arena.

I was chatting to someone yesterday who seemed to think there would be one this year with HUN, AUT, and Slovakia joining in.

Does this tournament still happen, and is there any information about it? Thanks :)

RexKramer
26-02-2015, 15:55
Many years ago (like 5...) I remember going to something called the 'Pannon Hockey Gala' in Budapest, which was used as a warm-up before the World Championships - seem to remember it was Hungary, Austria, and Norway who took part - with the games featuring Hungary played at the Papp Lazlo Arena.

I was chatting to someone yesterday who seemed to think there would be one this year with HUN, AUT, and Slovakia joining in.

Does this tournament still happen, and is there any information about it? Thanks :)

Austria has two games scheduled against Hungary prior to the worldchampionships. These will take place on April 8th (Vienna) and 10th (Budapest). Judging by the fact that no other games are mentioned on the AUT federation website for this weekend I don't think that there will be a tournament however. Our user @Kerusz certainly knows.

ukavsfan
26-02-2015, 18:39
Perhaps it's less of a tournament then, and Hungary are playing Austria & Slovakia - this guy I was chatting with is one of the coaches on the national team, so I don't think he'd lie about it! Either way, good to know there's at least one game in Budapest before the Worlds :)

veghist
11-04-2015, 22:47
Perhaps it's less of a tournament then, and Hungary are playing Austria & Slovakia - this guy I was chatting with is one of the coaches on the national team, so I don't think he'd lie about it! Either way, good to know there's at least one game in Budapest before the Worlds :)

Slovenia actually. Tomorrow at 17:00 CET.