PDA

View Full Version : Nordic Trophy 2006

SharksAttack
13-12-2005, 09:48
Nordic Trophy 2006 will be played in August-Sebtember 2006.
Teams meets once in regular season and two best teams plays in final.

Teams in tournament:

Finland: HIFK, Kärpät, Tappara and TPS
Sweden: Djurgårdens IF, Frölunda HC, Färjestads BK, Linköpings HC

Davide
13-12-2005, 18:19
Is this a new competition? Why not Norway and Danmark teams? Who's the organizer?

Karsten
13-12-2005, 23:34
Is this a new competition? Why not Norway and Danmark teams? Who's the organizer?

Yes, it is a new pre-season tournament ( mid Aug- mid Sep). The initiative come from eight Swedish and Finnish clubs: Djurgården, Frölunda, Färjestads, IFK Helsingfors, Linköpings, Kärpät, Tappara samt TPS Turku, and I believe it will only be a tournament among these eight clubs. In other words, a team like HV71 which has been outstanding this season will not be invited.

Nordic Cup is just something they call it.

http://www.hockeyligan.se/nyheter.php?nid=7494

Shardik
26-05-2006, 23:14
Nordictrophy.com (http://www.nordictrophy.com/match.htm) is up and it has the schedule for the upcoming Nordic Trophy. The tourney will start on August 8th and the final is on September 9th. Every team will get 7 games + the final game for the top 2.

Only sad thing for me is that Kärpät only got 3 home games and they are all in the early tournament (8th, 10th and 15th of August). I'll definitely try to get to at least one of the games against Swedish teams (Färjestad and Frölunda).

This is a great tournament and a good way to bring these leagues closer. I hope that it will get a tradition going on and maybe in the future get an official status.

Now, let's just cross our fingers that one of the Finnish channels understands to start televizing this event! :006:

Tokyo Bucks
27-05-2006, 06:15
Wow, so the Nordic Trophy will take up a fair chunk of preseason preparation for those 8 teams eh. Well, I guess what matters is that they're playing preseason games against decent competition so it doesn't hurt in that regard, while the competition might drum up some interest in preseason hockey?

pihinalle
27-05-2006, 15:00
Now, let's just cross our fingers that one of the Finnish channels understands to start televizing this event! :006:

It's not impossible, but I doubt it. It's only pre-season hockey and the timing is pretty bad for a hockey tournament.

Public Announcer
11-08-2006, 23:27
Nordic Trophy 2006 will be played in August-Sebtember 2006.
Teams meets once in regular season and two best teams plays in final.

Teams in tournament:

Finland: HIFK, Kärpät, Tappara and TPS
Sweden: Djurgårdens IF, Frölunda HC, Färjestads BK, Linköpings HC
It started already. Games are running. A lot of fun with zero-tolerance

Steigs
11-08-2006, 23:45
It started already. Games are running.

yes, as per the other thread that goes over scores and such. :)