Bulgaria National Championship 2010-2011

Schedule can be found here:

http://www.bghockey.com/

This year with only three teams.
    Cheers, Franco

Bulgaria

Yes, there will be: Slavia, CSKA and Levski
    the first game is tonight - CSKA - Slavia

Bobo I read on BG federation site a news about the creation of a new entity SEEIHU, between Balkan countries to promote icehockey, can you tell us more about this interesting news?

i think this is for the children, U12-U18, may they will play some tournaments in each balkan country.
    Tomorrow may be i have more info

boxscore from 1st game?

Quote Originally Posted by Davide View Post
    Bobo I read on BG federation site a news about the creation of a new entity SEEIHU, between Balkan countries to promote icehockey, can you tell us more about this interesting news?
    I already post about that here.

Bosnian federation said that first meeting will be held in Sarajevo in first week of November but that meeting never really happened.
    Hokej u Hrvatskoj ima svijetlu budućnost SAMO AKO mjerodavni ljudi rade svoj posao kako treba - Pršljen
    Hockey in Croatia has a bright future ONLY IF relevant people do their job right - Pršljen

IHF Member
    boxscore from 1st game?
    Slavia - CSKA 10:2 (3:0, 2:0, 5:2)
    1st period goals were scored by Slavchev, Muhachev and Milanov. 200 spectators. Article about game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pršljen View Post
    I already post about that here.

Bosnian federation said that first meeting will be held in Sarajevo in first week of November but that meeting never really happened.
    sorry, not read....but if meeting wasn't realized, it means project was only on paper?

sorry, not read....but if meeting wasn't realized, it means project was only on paper?
    Actually, meeting was realized in Sarajevo on 6th November but BIH federation official site didn't have article about it, believe it or not.
    On Bulgarian site it says that meeting was realized and that it's for kids born between 1995. and 1997.Every country who was on the meeting (BIH, Croatia, Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria and Turkey) must organize one tournament.First will be held in March 2011 in Turkey.Next meeting will be held in Belgrade on 4th December.
    So, it's tournament only for kids, not for seniors as I thought first.
    Hokej u Hrvatskoj ima svijetlu budućnost SAMO AKO mjerodavni ljudi rade svoj posao kako treba - Pršljen
    Hockey in Croatia has a bright future ONLY IF relevant people do their job right - Pršljen

The tournament will be at febuary 2011 at Erzum, Turkey.
    There will be 6 teams participed.
    The idea of those tournaments is to develop ice hockey at Balkan region. And may be one league of Balkan for the juniors
    Each country must organize such tournament.

IHF Member

Bulgaria 2nd game between Levski and CSKA

.... forfeit win for CSKA with 0:5....

If I read this, I can only say, oh my god.... this was, or, better - should be - the SECOND game of the season....

found on www.armeici1948.com (translation by google):

November 19, 2010
    Levski-CSKA 0:5 (Service)

Hockey derby Levski-CSKA did not take place. Hosted by Levski have serious organizational problems and can not assemble a team and have it filed. However, not willing to pay the fees of the organization of home matches, as applied in the Rules of the Federation. From Levski showed extremely disrespectful to the opponent, the public, journalists and sport in general after he informed the federation in the normal life that there will be no match. From HC CSKA team and the crowd was laid several years of work to reach such an interest in a hockey match yesterday was as a person. About 300 students dynamo in town and Ariana, to last out the hope that game will have. For the first time to fight in this sport there was such a media interest. Nevertheless, the next time there is a derby we will be more and more powerful.
    Cheers, Franco

I wonder what this will mean for the rest of the season. Will Levski now be removed from the championship? If so, it will be shades of East Germany.
    Maybe it's time to bring the two leagues together into a single one (the BAHL and national championship), at least then there are enough teams for a "real" league.

I agree, Steigs.

Bobo, has there been any discussion towards that?

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Brunengraber View Post
    I agree, Steigs.

Bobo, has there been any discussion towards that?
    Bulgarian ice hockey federation gives ultimatum to Levski until 23rd November. If they will be unable to fulfil conditions, there is idea to create national junior team as replacement.
    Article about this.

Yestarday Levski plays against Slavia. Slavia win (i don't know yet the score)

The Level of the two leauges is big. no-one of BAHL team may beat SLavia or CSKA, and with many fortune may have some poitns from Levski.

The other problem is thah most ot team, players of BAHL, didn't want to participete in national championship. because the game are more expensive.

Ice Devil have an idea to participate to the Cup of Bulgaria. But we cannot find a sponsor for those games, and we quit.

May be after few years Bahl team will joint the national championship.

IHF Member
    Slavia - Levski 18:2 (5:1, 4:0, 9:1)
    Martin Milanov 6, Ivan Slavov 4 and Rosen Asenov 3 goals for Slavia, Tsanko Todorov 2 for Levski.

Seems to me though that if there were more teams in the championship, some of the lower players on the "big" teams might move to other teams, just to be able to play more. It would make the BAHL teams better, CSKA and Slavia weaker, but make things a bit more competitive.
    Definitely more interesting than a two-and-a-half-team league.

IHF Member
    Game 4, 25.november 2010

Slavia - CSKA 15:0 (2:0, 8:0, 5:0)
    Slavia acquired new player - Juraj Dusicka (also scored in the 1st period). Interview with him here.

Game 5, 30.november 2010
    CSKA - Levski 12:8 unofficial

Game 6, 2.december 2010

Slavia - Levski 12:2 (5:0, 1:1, 6:1)
    Martin Milanov 4 goals

Standings:
    1. Slavia 12p
    2. CSKA 6p
    3. Levski 0p

IHF Member
    any new scores available?
    Cheers, Franco

pfu
    Levski - CSKA - 0:8
    Slavia - Levski - 17:2 (not sure)
    SLavia -CSKA - 5:0

Slavia is a new champion of Bulgaria with hola active of points, second is CSKA, and the 3rd place is for Levski

no way to have rosters and stats?

bihf@mail.com is the e-mail to Bulgarian Ice Hockey Federation.
    I have no time to collect this info :(

IHF Member
    Bobo,

any chance to find all the scores? It seem's you're the only source actual......
    Cheers, Franco

I'll try :(

IHF Member
    I have found this:

1st round

Game 1, 16.november 2010
    Slavia - CSKA 10:2 (3:0, 2:0, 5:2)
    1st period goals were scored by Slavchev, Muhachev and Milanov. Att: 200

Game 2, 18.november 2010
    Levski-CSKA 0:5 forfeit

Game 3, 23.november 2010
    Slavia - Levski 18:2 (5:1, 4:0, 9:1)
    Martin Milanov 6, Ivan Slavov 4 and Rosen Asenov 3 goals for Slavia, Tsanko Todorov 2 for Levski.

2nd round

Game 4, 25.november 2010
    Slavia - CSKA 15:0 (2:0, 8:0, 5:0)

Game 5, 30.november 2010
    CSKA - Levski 12:8

Game 6, 2.december 2010
    Slavia - Levski 12:2 (5:0, 1:1, 6:1)
    Martin Milanov 4 goals

3rd round

Game 7, 7.december 2010
    Slavia - CSKA 15:3 (4:2, 5:0, 6:1)

Game 8, 9.december 2010
    CSKA - Levski 12:1 (5:0, 4:1, 3:0)
    Krasimir Monov (CSKA) 4 goals

Game 9, 14.december 2010
    Slavia - Levski ?

4th round

Game 10, 16.december 2010
    Slavia - CSKA ?
    Slavia probably won 5:0 (forfeit)

Game 11, 1.february 2011
    CSKA - Levski 7:0 (2:0, 1:0, 4:0)
    Goals: Krasimir Monov 2, Daniel Tashkov, Kiril Stoinov, Nikolai Bozhanov, Svetoslav Angelov, Kiril Hodulov

Game 12, 3.february 2011
    Slavia - Levski 18:5 (6:2, 5:2, 7:1)
    Martin Milanov (Slavia) 4+4

Last two rounds were cancelled

IHF Member
    thanks Dottore,

any source?
    do you know, why the last two round were not played?
    Cheers, Franco

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Pablo Ramirez View Post
    I have found this:
    3rd round

Game 7, 7.december 2010
    Slavia - CSKA 15:3 (4:2, 5:0, 6:1)

Game 8, 9.december 2010
    CSKA - Levski 12:1 (5:0, 4:1, 3:0)
    Krasimir Monov (CSKA) 4 goals

Game 9, 14.december 2010
    Slavia - Levski 17:2
    Found this score (17:2). But can't remember from where...
    Cheers, Franco

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    thanks Dottore,

any source?
    do you know, why the last two round were not played?
    Various sources, mainly http://www.sportal.bg
    Info about last two rounds here.
    I found only this about game on 14.december:

December 15, 2010
    Postponed meeting Slavia-CSKA
    The visit of the Slavia CSKA hockey on Thursday was postponed. 7-8 players from both teams leave the national team for two test matches against Serbia on Thursday and Friday. The next meeting will be on 1 February against Levski in the Winter Palace.
    source

Franco, do you have info about these two games between Bulgaria and Serbia?

Game 10, 16.december 2010
    Slavia - CSKA - 5:0 forfeit

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Pablo Ramirez View Post
    Various sources, mainly http://www.sportal.bg
    Info about last two rounds here.
    I found only this about game on 14.december:

December 15, 2010
    Postponed meeting Slavia-CSKA
    The visit of the Slavia CSKA hockey on Thursday was postponed. 7-8 players from both teams leave the national team for two test matches against Serbia on Thursday and Friday. The next meeting will be on 1 February against Levski in the Winter Palace.
    source

Franco, do you have info about these two games between Bulgaria and Serbia?
    just found that:

Youth National Team
    15 January 2011
    From 15 to December 17, 2010 Youth National Team Ice Hockey played two friendly games in the city of Belgrade, Serbia with the youth national team of Serbia as part of preparation for participation in the World Cup U-20 Mexico.

Last Updated (15 January 2011)

Source: http://www.bghockey.com/

So, it was the U20 Juniors.

But I've absolutely no idea, if they've played.....
    Cheers, Franco

they were played ;) but the score ...

And last two round were cancled, because they are not sense at all :(

The scores are so lop-sided this season, the federation probably just figured they knew who'd win anyway and let it go at that...
    Very unfortunate to see the league still shrinking, and worse than that, having no competitive balance.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steigs View Post
    The scores are so lop-sided this season, the federation probably just figured they knew who'd win anyway and let it go at that...
    Very unfortunate to see the league still shrinking, and worse than that, having no competitive balance.
    for me it is suprising, that Bulgaria has still a National Championship (sorry Bobo - no offence!!). And I remember me, that 40 years ago BUL, ROM and YUG were on the same Level as SWI with the Senior Nationalteam. Of course, it was another "ice hockey" 40 years ago.

But for me the main problem is probably that by some Federation's are people working, which have no clue about the sport (EST, LIT, SER, BUL, ROM, CRO, GRE, TUR, POL). And it cannot work, if you do not know the sport.

Other example are BLR, UKR, LAT, SLO, KAZ, HUN which have - more or less - a good working National League.

How a League can be good, when the Federation is bad??

Bosnia is doing more, than much other Federation..... a shame for those Federations - and a plaudit for Bosnia....
    Cheers, Franco

The main problem are the money :( , now we have a good youth teams under 13 of age.
    And there is a bog hole form 10-15 years, that the ice hockey was deadlock :(
    Now the thing have better every year

p.p I'm not offence ;)

for me it is suprising, that Bulgaria has still a National Championship (sorry Bobo - no offence!!). And I remember me, that 40 years ago BUL, ROM and YUG were on the same Level as SWI with the Senior Nationalteam. Of course, it was another "ice hockey" 40 years ago.

But for me the main problem is probably that by some Federation's are people working, which have no clue about the sport (EST, LIT, SER, BUL, ROM, CRO, GRE, TUR, POL). And it cannot work, if you do not know the sport.

Other example are BLR, UKR, LAT, SLO, KAZ, HUN which have - more or less - a good working National League.

Bosnia is doing more, than much other Federation..... a shame for those Federations - and a plaudit for Bosnia....
    This is very interesting subject and a bit off topic but I must say that Bosnian federation did a great job in last two years in the meaning of making their hockey better. I must also say that Croatian federation did a great job this season when they organized great national championship (by great I mean played during six months and more or less regularly). But of course, there are many things that aren't still right in Croatian hockey but federation finally started to fix them (what wasn't case for the last couple of seasons). Serbian national hockey is in enormous mess, their championships are everything but normal and regular. They need new people to change something there, because on this way they'll sink in few years.

It's an interesting point... Of course we know that financial issues nearly sank Bulgarian hockey for a decade and a half, the fact that it's survived is surprising, and no doubt due to many of those veteran players who took the reins. That being said, a three-team league is not enough IMO, when there's a separate league playing below it... why the league couldn't go to four teams at least, and spread the talent around a bit... well, that's just me, anyway.

It will be interesting to see in the next five years how this new generation of Bulgarian youngsters can step up, and it will start to show in a few years in the U18 if bobo's predictions on the new youth players are correct or not.

I'm sure that now we have good youth player, the problem is how to keep them playing after few years

Thread Information