Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829
Results 1,401 to 1,435 of 1435

Thread: KHL Expansion?

I know HV71 is still trying to get in KHL, and at various times have heard Linkopings, Frolunda, Farjestads and Djurgrdens rumored as well. Would be great to see the KHL expand throughout Europe.

I haven't heard much about a team from Norway though, although that'd be great for growing the game there. Put Thoresen on them, and you'd have a great jump start to the franchise
    The best sim hockey in the world
    NHL Cash League - http://brhl.net/home.php
    KHL Sim League (free) - http://brhl.net/File/2017-KHLSeason1/KHL-index.html

Real players, Real Stat Based Ratings, Real GM's. The next best thing to actually being a GM!

HC Red Star Kunlun of Beijing, China is next on the list. If all goes well on their meeting this 30th April.
    Dinamo Riga, Manchester Storm

IHF Member
    It's still far from done with Red Star. They need to get all financials and players together.
    #28 Jani Rita

Quote Originally Posted by Mikke View Post
    It's still far from done with Red Star. They need to get all financials and players together.
    If the financing is in place I don't see them having any trouble attracting players. Especially if Kovalchuk does move there too.

Quote Originally Posted by brhlcommish View Post
    I know HV71 is still trying to get in KHL,
    That's a bold claim. Why do you think HV71 would be interested in playing in the KHL?

Quote Originally Posted by bordshockeypampen View Post
    That's a bold claim. Why do you think HV71 would be interested in playing in the KHL?
    No Swedish team will ever be allowed to join KHL unless they go rogue anyway

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Garethw87 View Post
    No Swedish team will ever be allowed to join KHL unless they go rogue anyway
    Same was said about Czech teams several years ago but Lev still joined afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by JankS View Post
    Same was said about Czech teams several years ago but Lev still joined afterwards.
    Unless they make a brand new team just for the KHL.. I clearly meant to add on :D

As Gareth said, Lev was a brand new team, if you overlook the fact that they took over from the Poprad team. I just don't see any of the Swedish teams moving over, especially as the Swedish federation has outright stated they won't give their permission.
    Twitter: @CSmeeth

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Conesy View Post
    As Gareth said, Lev was a brand new team, if you overlook the fact that they took over from the Poprad team. I just don't see any of the Swedish teams moving over, especially as the Swedish federation has outright stated they won't give their permission.
    Exactly. Case closed.
    #28 Jani Rita

IHF Member
    A number of meetings in Stockholm and Russia await the coming weeks to move the project forward.

- I would say that we have 70-75% done on the two potential bases we work with the team. The hope is certainly that we will play a number of matches in Malmo. We have set a budget for the project, but I will not mention any numbers in the current situation, says Svensson.

http://24malmo.se/2016/03/30/fortsat...skt-lag-i-khl/

They haven't given up on a swedish team in KHL for 2016/2017 season.
    It's going to be a new team that wille play around 15 games in Malmo, 4-5 in the new arena in Copenhagen, a few game in Oslo/Lillehammer and some games in Stockholm/Södertälje.

IHF Member
    As Jokerit, Slovan and Medvescak cases show traditional teams are much more succesful than newly created ones (Lev, Poprad).

As Jokerit, Slovan and Medvescak cases show traditional teams are much more succesful than newly created ones (Lev, Poprad).
    Yes, but you could attribute that to the fact that it's easier for sponsors to jump on established brands as opposed to potentially unstable ones

IHF Member
    Today is the day when the most titled hockey club ever (giant of the past) and KHL's east the one of the successful teams, Steelmen collide. Clubs met this season two times and on both occasions, the away team left the building as winners, with similar scoring: 1-3.

In the other news:

Jokerit will publish new contracts in a press conference at 13.00 (11.00 London). The date is 12.4.
    #28 Jani Rita

The plans for a Swedish KHL team that will be ready to ice this fall continues, according to this article in Aftonbladet.

There is no mention of the Swedish federation hard and definite "NO" that was published earlier this winter.
    Cum bibam cervisiam gaudeo.

Swedish KHL club, Crowns, will held a press conference on Friday (11 AM local time).
    http://webhokej24.sk/index.php twitter: @vorkywh24

IHF Member
    What kind of club are Crowns and what did they announced in press conference?

IHF Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by vorky View Post
    Swedish KHL club, Crowns, will held a press conference on Friday (11 AM local time).
    Their Twitter account is up: https://twitter.com/SwedenCrowns

I can maybe see the Chinese team being successful. Maybe.

I think the Swedish KHL team will quickly go the way of Lev. Just my opinion.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Brunengraber View Post
    I can maybe see the Chinese team being successful. Maybe.

I think the Swedish KHL team will quickly go the way of Lev. Just my opinion.
    I see these Crowns being more succesfull than this Chinese expansion crap. Altough yea they have money, but cannot really see any success.
    #28 Jani Rita

Kvällsposten reports that Anders Svensson, representative of Crowns, claims to have a document from the Swedish federation that gives them the go ahead to participate in KHL.

Anders Larsson, president of the federation, responds with "Det stämmer inte alls" (That is not correct at all)

It will be interesting to see what they will produce at the press conference on Friday.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennison View Post
    Kvällsposten reports that Anders Svensson, representative of Crowns, claims to have a document from the Swedish federation that gives them the go ahead to participate in KHL.

Anders Larsson, president of the federation, responds with "Det stämmer inte alls" (That is not correct at all)

It will be interesting to see what they will produce at the press conference on Friday.
    Very interesting development.

The latest news is that a Russian billionaire is funding the venture and that the player budget alone will be SEK100mio (€11mio.), or double that of the player budgets of top SHL teams like Luleå.

IHF Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennison View Post

I don't really understand why an approval of the Swedish hockey federation is necessary for this organization to set up a KHL team. I assume the Crowns would be a private entity with private funding that runs a hockey team out of Stockholm which would be playing in the KHL. Why would this be the business of SHF to approve or decline?

IHF Member
    Anyone can play hockey wherever they want. However, if you play outside a national federation, you play outside the IIHF, and therefore will be inhibited to play in any IIHF-affiliated organisation.
    Rumours are that only Swedes will play for Crowns. Who are they, where do they come from?

The press conference raised more questions than answers. They denied any connection to a Russian billionaire and said they have had contact with a head trainer and preliminary agreements with around 10 players.

They could not however present any answers on the relationship with the Swedish or Russian Hockey Federations or even a clear go-ahead from KHL. They did say that they would play the opening game on September 20 against CSKA Moscow. They didn't have a location ready.

In general the entire conference was incoherent, rambling and amateurish. It is difficult to see how a fullfledged KHL organisation shall be in place 5 months from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikke View Post
    I see these Crowns being more succesfull than this Chinese expansion crap. Altough yea they have money, but cannot really see any success.
    Remember Mikke, money talks! and China has a whole lot of money to do what it wants with.

Kunlun Red Star is the new team in KHL; http://en.khl.ru/news/2016/06/25/308626.html

New logo https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...C_Kunlun_Red_S

tar_logo.png

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Garethw87 View Post
    Remember Mikke, money talks! and China has a whole lot of money to do what it wants with.
    Atleast there is 7 Finns at the moment, so it's a interesting team, but we'll see how it goes. For the club and Chinese hockey.
    #28 Jani Rita

A german website is talking about a potential KHL team in Hamburg. Swedish investors should be interested... Is this somehow reliable news?

IHF Member
    Swedish investors for german club... seems strange.

Swedish investors for german club... seems strange.
    In a Russian league, no less

HC St. Pauli?

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilHell37 View Post
    A german website is talking about a potential KHL team in Hamburg. Swedish investors should be interested... Is this somehow reliable news?
    If you are talking about http://www.hockeyweb.de/internationa...-hamburg-85480, then this article is written in past tense. They wanted to create a KHL team in Hamburg, but the project failed and the German federation would not have given approval anyways.

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Thread Information