Thread: CSKA Moscow vs. Tikhonov 1996-2002

Russia CSKA Moscow vs. Tikhonov 1996-2002

Between 1996 and 2002 there existed two CSKAs in Moscow,
    the orginal one run by the Red Army and another, founded in 1996 by V. Tikhonov after he was released as head coach.

Surprisingly the new club HK CSKA Moscow played in Super League 1996/97, but CSKA (REd Army) was relegated to Vysshaya League.

Can somebody speakingn rus give more details abou this case, here are some links

[http://www.hccska.narod.ru/

[http://www.sport-express.ru/newspaper/2001-05-08/8_1/

[http://www.sport-express.ru/newspaper/2002-08-02/6_1/

tHANX - sPASIBA!

C.
    Dresdner EislŲwen - Buffalo Sabres - HC Davos - Dynamo Moscow - EC VSV

IHF Member
    translated by Google:

http://www.sport-express.ru/newspaper/2001-05-08/8_1/

WAR WITHOUT WINNERS

CHRONOLOGY OF DESTRUCTION

"Imagine, eight years ..." - Viktor Tikhonov, with whom we met at his home in late April, said these words and was silent for a long time. I suddenly thought with horror, that eight years - a monstrously big time. During this time, Russia has managed to grow a generation of fans who are only vaguely imagine what hockey greatness is not so long ago, an acronym standing for CSKA. Are the norm there are two very mediocre teams with almost the same name. And absolutely no idea what passion shook both CSKA hockey.

Owners and tenants of the Army team sports palace Tikhonov and his closest associate Valery Gushin steel, in general, by accident. By the beginning of the 93rd became apparent that the Department of Defense to fund their own team is not able to. There was panic. This can be seen even on the resolution imposed by Defense Minister Pavel Grachev on one of the documents and addressed zamam: "You must clearly understand that CSKA - the pride of an army of sports on the world stage - because of our inaction and powerlessness apart. I let this happen I can not and dare not. Take all measures immediately. Pass for free use all of the requested objects. You will answer for my case to the hockey team CSKA! "

A little later, Tikhonov called the First Deputy General Grachev Kondratiev: "Take the Sports Palace in the lease and do whatever you think is right. I've heard about to conclude a treaty with the Americans?" If they are willing to give money - to conclude. There is no alternative! "

In June, the 93rd of Quebec signed an agreement on cooperation between CSKA Moscow and Pittsburgh. Feedback from people associated with hockey, to achieve this could only Tikhonov. His connections and the popularity of the NHL were fantastic. A global agreement between the Russian coach and owner of "Pittsburgh" was achieved during a "Match all the stars at the beginning of the 93rd thanks largely to the coincidence: Tikhonov was in a bed with an American co-owners of the club - Howard Baldwin and well-known actor Michael Jay. Fox.

CSKA and "Pittsburg" ravnopravnymi partnerami stopped, and the chest in armejskih hokkeistov po‚vilasʹ new emblem - Krasnaya Zvezda and penguin. V Plan clubs značilisʹ Sovmestnye trenirovki, sbory, Turn, obmen igrokami. Amerikancy not so predostavili CSKA credit (ego club pozz vyplatil Ĩośļocđŋũ), but the seba vzali organizations reklamy, pravovuŻ saturate hokkeistov. V results in advertising raskrutki CSKA po‚vilisʹ solidnye sponsory, the games went zriteli. Folder kuplena finska‚ hokkejna‚ korobka, constructed Gostevye box.

A little later replaced by the head of CSKA. They became a colonel Baranowski, whose fans still call a gravedigger. Because, having visited several times in the bed of a crowded palace, Colonel set a goal at any price to get the palace for personal use.

WAR

"Last Tuesday, Viktor Tikhonov and players hockey club CSKA were not allowed into the locker room of the Ice Palace CSKA before morning workout. Did it on orders from a superior CSKA Colonel Alexander Baranovsky order of fifteen soldiers and the officer on duty. The soldiers were not automatic, but with fixed bayonets at the waist. At the same time was instructed to turn off electricity and water in that part of the palace, where the office management team ... " ("Sport-Express", July 5, 1996).

Order of dismissal from the army, Tikhonov was signed during the World Cup, where the coach was with the Russian team. Back in Moscow, Tikhonov learned that the team has a different coach - Alexander Volchkov. At all entrances and exits sports palace which stood the soldiers, was ordered Baranovsky on any pretext not to let an outstanding coach for the rink.

- All my life I was held without a permit at any door - told Tikhonov. - Here was a situation where the boy-soldiers, apologizing, saying: "We were ordered not to let you." And asked for my autograph. What could I do? Climb into the fray and venturing scandal? We went to court.

Tikhonov had to register a new team - HC CSKA Moscow, which at the time of separation there were only eight players. After the court found the actions of illegal Baranowski, owners HC CSKA Moscow with the help of riot police gained access to the rink. But the train at the palace was virtually impossible. In the locker locks were cut off, cut electricity, water, telephones. Was blocked access to the training base in Arkhangelsk. In this case, none of the initiators of the siege did not occur to him that the torn ends up preparation of both teams, whose morale was already depressed. Due to a conflict in a club playing in the NHL left one of the most gifted hockey players 17-year-old Sergei Samsonov. Before leaving, he said Tikhonov: "I want to play hockey, not to fight with the army."

- I do not blame either the children or the coaches - said at the time Tikhonov. - Letter addressed to Grachev asking them not to allow my removal from the work signed by all, without exception, players of both teams. But then they apparently were told that Tikhonov and never will be, that the salary on the team in Volchkova will be much higher than mine, that the club is guaranteed six apartments for a year, while Tikhonov in the six years is not broke no one. Surely there were other arguments: the team at that time there were seven military personnel. To find them seven seats in the distant garrisons, you know, no problem. The remaining boys - military age. They devoured, broke down emotionally. Coaches same "order" CSKA could not afford to express their own opinions. Disobey the order - tomorrow you will not be in Moscow. I have lived in an army sport long enough to know what's what.

The fact that the two teams should merge as soon as possible, Tikhonov said in the early 97-th. Argued that the situation allows it. What a strong team better of two weak, understood by many. But during the following years the situation has only become worse. Order of the Palais des Sports Baranowski began an urgent overhaul. A few hours destroyed all the ceilings, overlogging cables - the debris and other stuff flew straight to the main arena. The best players in children's school desperate parents pomitingovav, were transferred to other clubs. Had started on the initiative Baranowski financial audit disclosed a monstrous amount of debt HC CSKA - 5 billion 600 million rubles. It took months of walking the chain of command, including the military prosecutor's office and another independent audit to determine: first check the facts do not correspond to the truth.

- Calculation Baranovsky was simple. Create an environment that our team finally broke down by itself - remember Tikhonov. - I am the way, not once spoken on many different levels: if my place was anyone, it would long ago have broken and destroyed.

That's one of the main reasons that Tikhonov all these years to attempt to achieve unification, rejecting any proposed his posts.

In 1998, the HC CSKA Moscow was eliminated in the big leagues. CSKA head coach of another, who became finance ONEXIM-bank (if inaccurately - CSKA-Holding ", created by the bank), was appointed as Boris Mikhailov.

Policy of rapprochement

Glimmer of hope to unite the two teams dawned in the 99-m. After inspection by the Department of Defense, Baranowski sacked head of the club. He was replaced by Olympic champion Michael Mamiashvili. The new head of CSKA thought that would be able to solve the problem fairly quickly. But by starting to examine the economic and legal papers that had accumulated on both sides, was horrified and said: I'm not a boy came up to me not to dig, the forces will not suffice.

- I once warned: the question of unification will be one of the most difficult - says Tikhonov. - Trying to destroy the HC CSKA, Baranovsky argued by the fact that our team - the commercial and the army has nothing to do. Now, essentially commercial status have both teams.

Mamiashvili nevertheless, is intensifying efforts to bring the parties to compromise. In April 2000, after it destroyed the palace was renovated and was even able to take the European championship in Greco-Roman wrestling, he talked with Tikhonov and, with the agreement of the coach, requested the Director General "CSKA-Holding Andrei Malyshev start the season in the army Ice Palace. Moreover, it offered to sign a formal agreement, which took on the additional responsibility: if I were not important on whose fault, any force majeure, to the extent that the palace was struck by lightning and will destroy the building to the ground, the head of CSKA person must ensure Holding an adequate substitute for the team.

- We hit on his hands, and I flew on a business trip - remember Mamiashvili. - departed with a clear conscience, because Malyshev said that there is no hurry, because the training season has not started yet. But assured that the treaty will be signed immediately after my return and the team really starts to work in the palace.

Back in Moscow, Mamiashvili was surprised to learn from Malysheva, that he already took a year Novogorsk base and signed a contract with the director of the Luzhniki Vladimir Aleshin.

Outwardly, however progress in relations between the two clubs was evident. When last winter before the team Mikhailov (he at the rally as the head coach was replaced by Vladimir Krutov) loomed the threat of relegation from Super League, Tikhonov and without hesitation agreed to pay to rent his first three and provide the Sports Palace.

- If CSKA lost his place in the Superleague, and then would have had to spend five times as much money and energy - and still not return to the previous level, - explained the decision of the coach.

The team stayed. Miracle.

Misfire

The need to urgently address the issue with the union of the two teams immediately after the end of the season admitted everything. Including Malyshev: as a businessman he understands that the commercial benefits from the merger of the club will only increase.

On the commercial interest not forget club Tikhonova, but especially the coach was concerned about the hockey side of things:

- Many players, whom we have scheduled for the union, including those who managed to get a solid match practice, tired of waiting and are ready to sign contracts with other clubs. Assemble two teams one good in this situation is not so simple. Especially set its goals for at least a year ahead. In addition, we have big problems with its own reserves - the lack of impact players who have gone from CSKA Moscow, while we were at war with Baranovsky. Need to raise everything from children's school.

In words, all the details were discussed and agreed by the parties in advance (in particular, is that Tikhonov became president and head coach of the joint team will personally create a sporty and administrative headquarters), but the draft agreement submitted by the coach the day before the planned signing, is not consistent with all the arrangements. And provided, according to Tikhonov, primarily the commercial interests of JSC "CSKA-Holding.

Therefore, signed in the period he was not. The next day, Malyshev flew from Moscow.

Who calls the tune

C Malyshev I managed to connect on the phone - the general director of the CSKA-Holding "was on vacation.

- Why did not the press conference?

- No press conference could not be because the paper had not yet been signed. Personally, we have no journalists were not invited.

- But the documents were ready to sign?

- On our side was prepared options for five. Our condition was one thing: the preservation of a majority stake, what we consider logical, because one hundred percent financing is part of the Holding Company. We have proposed to the treaty, which from our point of view, was to arrange all. But the next day Tikhonov, Gushin said that this option was unacceptable to them. For some reason, believe that we will trick them.

- What is not satisfied with HC CSKA?

- They are afraid that would lose the palace. This means that bad looking documents. When we talked, we have provided everything. Including the situation "divorce." If for some reason, we will part again after the merger, we will have more problems - in fact, have to re-search coach, to form a team. Will only contract for sublease Palace - ice, locker rooms.

- What is the term spread contract?

- In my opinion, there remained 40 years.

My question what is happening with the team, which (if the association does not happen) will play next season in Super League, and what is being done to strengthen, Malyshev said:

- What can we do something? We like to hang in the selection. Now such a situation, when time is running out, the players make out a few people from our team have already received an invitation ... But until May 20 to become clear - or set aside the question for another year, or merged. Further delay is impossible.

Who owns the trademark?

HC CSKA Moscow players are already trained. Problem out in the Super League next season with them has not been removed. The team Krutova - suspense. They say the players for two months did not receive money. Malyshev confirmed it ("I know that the delay is"), but said that at the beginning of June - the official end date of the contract - all the debt will be repaid. In the first place to those who remain in the team.

Under the old contract to be signed during the time Baranowski, trademark CSKA CSKA PCC will belong (ie the club holding) until the spring of 2002. "Then we will negotiate with the head of CSKA Moscow, whoever that was," - said Malyshev.

From the standpoint of Malyshev, the main advantage of CSKA-holding "that the team has stable funding and a place in Super League. "Even if we lose the right to sign and shall not be called CSKA, but as something else, this place belongs to us and will belong to us" - he said in a conversation with me.

CHIEF CSKA

When the signing of an agreement between the two hockey teams slipped, Mamiashvili, perhaps the first time did not hide his views at variance with the position of the owners of CSKA.

- Perhaps I could even turn a blind eye to the situation. Two commercial businesses - let them understand each other. But I am ashamed to look people in the eye. Too serious tradition and responsibility to the people who are sick for CSKA and love this team. And who can not understand what was happening. I think the courageous act of Irek Gimaev Krutova and Volodya, who took command in a disastrous situation when he left Mikhailov. Responsibility was appalling. But they have had enough and character, and will, and knowledge in order to adjust the players to fight. The team still left in the Super League. But with all this, I do not see no reason for euphoria. The result of something - shameful. The response from leaders of the Holding Company was such if he had won the world championship. Scary to think that the 16-th place - that planochka, which is fully satisfied with the current owners of the team.

- Do you think a business should be the same moral responsibility for the result as a coach?

- In this situation - by far. I can draw a parallel with football. People who came to the club at the forefront not only put money interests. If someone now asks what happens to the Army football, I'll take the man's hand and I will bring in the sand, where the team trains. Those who saw, on what fields, what balls and form in which the guys played two months ago, public locker rooms, undress, will not ask more questions. After a ridiculously income: over the last six years of rapid economic activity of FC CSKA was not purchased any of the ball. None ... A team will play. I'm sure of. Because I saw how to start those who are now headed by her. Shoveled all the problems of children's schools. Created the conditions for players and coaches. And really looked at that in these conditions can be demanded of them.

- Apparently, the position of Tikhonov's closer to you?

- It's not that. For Tikhonov, whatever else is said about him, hockey is the meaning of life. And how can a sane person knowingly to destroy my life? But at the same time think before you sit down and decide how to proceed, we must honestly admit: we all have destroyed the Army hockey. Alone - because of the ambition, the other - because of the inability, and others - because of the reluctance to intervene.

- Do you see ways to resolve the situation?

- Ways to eat. Therefore, you officially declare: the season is not lost. I will not allow it. Categorically do not accept the slogan: "Who pays the piper calls the tune." Hockey team can not be regarded as a toy. This - not a bike that people bought and brought to his home. Too great tradition and responsibility to the people who are sick, and love this team.

EPILOGUE

While I was gathering the necessary information, I saw a lot of documents. Including all the draft agreements. But I do not want to get into legal technicalities. As well as to evaluate - who is actually right. Probably, each in its own way. That's just in my opinion, guided by the interests of business in the current situation with CSKA is unacceptable. In view of the very moral responsibility - to all who somehow had and has to do with CSKA.

Throughout his sporting life I spent at this club. And still it feels like your club. Where the hockey team - my team. Dear and beloved. However it is played and who would have it no head.

Should it lead Tikhonov? 69 percent of the special Internet-based survey, "SE" answered "yes." Among those who are against it, a lot of great players in the past. Including - the second coach of CSKA. Understand they can: in the case of joint command, they remain out of work.

The main argument of opponents - age. Tikhonov - already over 70. Age is certainly serious. Although you can remember Raymond Gutalsa who at 72 won a football Olimpico Champions League. Have heard that Tikhonov had already fulfilled his own. And it is not able to reconstruct their understanding of the game in relation to hockey today. And who actually could? Tops? Zhluktov? Mikhailov? Cool?

The main drawback of Tikhonov in the other. They can not control, because by and large is not interested in money or fame. He had already won.

However, the speech of another. Perhaps on someone's opinion there is nothing wrong in that step towards unification was a step in anywhere. We really got used to the fact that any team is bought and sold, there may be or cease to exist. But CSKA - not just any team. It is above all - the history and honor of Russia. And there's that kind of money that can make people forget about it.

Elena VAYTSEHOVSKAYA
    Cheers, Franco

IHF Member
    translated by Google

http://www.sport-express.ru/newspaper/2002-08-02/6_1/

HOCKEY

CHAMPIONSHIP ROSSII-2002/03. Superleague

CSKA Moscow: Rethink tradition of trust TIKHONOVA

Elena VAYTSEHOVSKAYA

from Berlin

Two Army hockey team for so long went to his union that he did not believe it: it really happened? We ought to rejoice and exult, but does not work. Apparently, so long, at times seemed hopeless expectation of great moment were asleep and the nerves and emotions. On the other hand, argue for a cool head is always easier.

Let us not dissemble: a great and powerful team, CSKA was a dozen years ago, will not be long. Is too deliberately and thoroughly destroyed her. Just like in the landmark song: "Before the foundation, and then ..." But, believe me, there is no pessimism in this case I personally do not feel.

After hearing from colleagues here in Berlin, the merger team that very dear to me, remembered a recent conversation with one of the oldest American sports scientists, Peter Dalandom. As a guest, he came to Moscow in April the world championship in swimming. And I have met in Berlin, shared his impressions:

- At first I was horrified Moscow. I looked at the elderly - their peers - and saw their faces, that their life is over. If they were not just tired of fighting, but they believe it is absolutely meaningless. And then suddenly drew attention to the young and marveled at the contrast. I saw that they were not just ambitious, but they know how to love the work. And I realized: no matter how hard times or going through Russia, its future can be fantastic.

Unified army club to start all over again. CSKA rich tradition, but we must be aware that this is someone else's tradition. Other players made the history and sets the bar of achievement. But why not believe that those who will now hold in their hands the honor of a great club, would be able to get this high? Personally, I believe.

New owners ALREADY thinking about winning

Vladimir YURIN

from Moscow

Yesterday at CSKA Ice Palace on the Leningrad prospectus, a press conference with General Director of MMC Norilsk Nickel, Mikhail Prokhorov, the head of CSKA Nicholas Nino, President of PFC CSKA Evgeny Giner and HC CSKA head coach Viktor Tikhonov.

Nino: - In my opinion, there was a significant event - the decision of shareholders revived one hockey club CSKA. Ministry of Defence and the "big" CSKA Moscow supported the decision. We are heartened by the fact that the representatives of Russian businesses do not stand aside from such problems, support the sport in general and football in particular. I want to thank those present here the investors for their decision and said that CSKA will try to do everything possible to ensure that the Russian hockey, which has the richest tradition was revived.

Prokhorov: - MMC Norilsk Nickel has always supported and will support the Russian sport. We help develop the whole vertical of sport - from children to professional teams. Not accidentally mini-soccer team, Norilsk Nickel this year won the gold medal championship of Russia. For us to participate in the revival of the legendary hockey club CSKA Moscow - is a natural extension of the company's policy in terms of development of Russian sport. I am very pleased that the renaissance of the team along with us will decide Viktor Tikhonov - the coach, whose name is related to the recent successes of hockey CSKA. We hope that the glorious tradition that is rich in the army club, will continue. For CSKA hockey, there is only one place - the first one.

Giner: - I am very glad that there was revival of CSKA Moscow, who many remember from childhood, which was a brand of Russian hockey in the world. On behalf of investors united team of athletes to congratulate the fans with such a significant event. We will do everything to the army club regained its lost in the recent leadership. At first, we do not need victories in 32 tournaments - just a 5 - 7. And then take rest a little bit (laughs).

Tikhonov: - Many of you I know, very often you ask me one question: When will a team? " Now the problem is solved successfully, thanks to our investors. We just have to work. In recent years we have lost much, and therefore should be some time before CSKA regain a leading position not only in Russia but also in the international arena - in fact previously based team were the army team. Therefore, one of the challenges that will face us - to prepare players for the national team.

- On the union said a long time. Happened is it only now. Why have to wait so long?

Giner: - On this question I want to answer the familiar expression: "Up they could not lower strata do not like." I do not understand what was happening. Before asking, why do not unite now asking why the united. The impression is that all are upset: they say, now and nothing to talk about ... But seriously, the global reasons, preventing the association was not - there was only a small misunderstanding. Now all the issues resolved, we are fully satisfied with the negotiations and the issue resolved.

- What was the fate of the second team CSKA Moscow, which now stands at a tournament for prizes GAZ?

Prokhorov: - It will continue to play in Nizhny Novgorod. After the competition Tikhonov as head of the club will bring together the two teams and decide which of the players and coaches will stay in CSKA.

- How to Norilsk Nickel is the project - another advertising action?

Prokhorov: - Our country is quite vibrant economically, and soon the sport, like any other business will be profitable. So my attitude towards this project in two ways: on the one hand, in the near future, I think it would be pretty efficient business, and with another - has long been an army like sports in general and football in particular.

- Could you tell us about the financial side of the transaction?

Prokhorov: - Tools needed to achieve the goal, the investors have. While not see any reason to give exact amounts. That's when the hockey club will make money and become as lucrative as, say, the football of Manchester United, then we will be happy to publish our accounts and find something to boast.

- And at least the approximate size of the budget to call you?

Giner: - None. For the simple reason that is not yet defined the final composition of the team. Once contractual issues are resolved, the budget takes its shape.
    Cheers, Franco

IHF Member
    maybe there is not everything correct translated, but I'm sure, you can read "between the pipes".....

Hope this help you out.

But I've nothing "translated by Google" for this Link..... (http://www.hccska.narod.ru/)
    Cheers, Franco

Thanx Franco, I already tried Google translate.
    But I looked for a better, maybe precise translation & summary.

Maybe one of our 'Kyrillic' friends can help us out...

C.

Nobody remebering these days?

Quote Originally Posted by canyonero View Post
    Nobody remebering these days?
    Well, there were many weird, interesting and terrible things all around Russia those times.
    Two CSKAs is just one of them.
    Salavat - green rockets!

Which was the 'Russian Penguins'?

The classic team or the team Tikhonov created?

Was the real CSKA relegated?

I had heard it almost happened, but didn't.

Thread Information