Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Macedonia Hockey Thread

IIHF Macedonia Hockey Thread

Hey there guys and hockeymaniacs!

Macedonia is back on the hockey scene.

Feel free to contact me if u have any questions about hockey in Macedonia! Especially when u have macedonian pedigree, i am a part of the Macedonian Hockey Federation as chairman of the commission for Inline Hockey in Macedonia.

MACEDONIAN ICE HOCKEY FEDERATION

Hello and welcome on the forum!
    I'm very glad that there is finally member from Macedonia.
    I believe that I'm not the only one here who wants to know more about ice hockey situation in Macedonia. Could you tell us what's the current situation in Macedonia? I have read somewhere that there is plan for building ice rink in Skopje and to start ice hockey program there. How does federation plan for future looks like?
    Hokej u Hrvatskoj ima svijetlu budućnost SAMO AKO mjerodavni ljudi rade svoj posao kako treba - Pršljen
    Hockey in Croatia has a bright future ONLY IF relevant people do their job right - Pršljen

Quote Originally Posted by Pršljen View Post
    Hello and welcome on the forum!
    I'm very glad that there is finally member from Macedonia.
    I believe that I'm not the only one here who wants to know more about ice hockey situation in Macedonia. Could you tell us what's the current situation in Macedonia? I have read somewhere that there is plan for building ice rink in Skopje and to start ice hockey program there. How does federation plan for future looks like?
    Hey there "neighbour".

Yes, the information is true. Behind the sportshall Boris Trajkovski there will be a new ice rink. It will be a rink with synthetic ice.

here a actual picture, of the construction process.

Also there is a construction of a closed ice rink planned this year. It will be located in Skopje-Aerodrom, there is actually a sport center in construction.

A hockey program is started, this means:
    The federation actually has begun to work in 2011, but is since 2001 a IIHF member.
    We made a hockey school, we organized gear and equipment.
    Actually there are about 60 active players.
    We are looking forward to have these year the first championsship, also the establishment of a Inline Hockey league and a Inline Nationalteam which will may participate this in year in Sofia on the qualification tournament for the Inline WC 2012.

Please excuse my bad english. I speak/write german and macedonian much better :)
    Last edited by Zoki Lou; 19-02-2011 at 22:22.

Welcome to the board, it is wonderful to have you here!
    By all means, please let us know of any news and how the construction progresses. I'm sure we're all looking forward to seeing Macedonian hockey develop.

Also, your English is fine.

Great to hear that something is happening in Macedonian hockey. Every start is difficult especially when you are going from the bottom. Inline hockey is great thing for places which don't have ice rink all season, to practice hockey during off season.
    I wish everyone involved in Macedonian hockey all the best in future and hope that your growth will continue in the future.
    Please keep us informed about Macedonian hockey, there are many of us interested in it. And don't worry about your English, this is international hockey forum so there are many people which mother language isn't English.
    Hokej u Hrvatskoj ima svijetlu budućnost SAMO AKO mjerodavni ljudi rade svoj posao kako treba - Pršljen
    Hockey in Croatia has a bright future ONLY IF relevant people do their job right - Pršljen

Thank u very much guys.

Yes indeed, it is a lot of work to do. But there r guys like me, who grow up outside of Macedonia and we will help with our experience and contacts. I lived in Germany and there r still Macedonians involved in german hockey, and there r a lot of players, managers, persons involved in hockey with macedonian background all around the world. Now we r working on it to inform all, that hockey is back in Macedonia, and that their help and experience is needed.

I will also update some topics which i have seen in this board.

Greetings

Like what the others have said, welcome aboard and it is very nice to have somebody in Macedonia to join in the fun we're having here and teach the world about the sport in your country.
    Bringing ice hockey to Northwest China!

I'm the hole formerly known as KazakhEagles

Thx Trim!

Here a update pic of the construction, the pics r made today...and as u can see even on sunday there r guys working on our new home :)))))

btw, here a proposal for the new Federation logo, what do u think about?

cheers from Macedonia

It's very nice. I love those bright national colours. But if it would be up to me I'd sharpen out those rays. I understand that it is meant to give impression of motion, but it kinda looks bit too blurry to me.

Here I made quick MS paint version. (Don't be too harsh on me )
    http://i56.tinypic.com/25i8bx5.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Oz View Post
    It's very nice. I love those bright national colours. But if it would be up to me I'd sharpen out those rays. I understand that it is meant to give impression of motion, but it kinda looks bit too blurry to me.

Here I made quick MS paint version. (Don't be too harsh on me )
    http://i56.tinypic.com/25i8bx5.jpg
    Thx for ur replay, yes there is also a version like urs, because that would be much closer to our national flag.

If I understood well but this rink on picture is gonna be outdoor. Is indoor one in process of building or it's only on paper for now?

Quote Originally Posted by Pršljen View Post
    If I understood well but this rink on picture is gonna be outdoor. Is indoor one in process of building or it's only on paper for now?
    Yes actually it will be outdoor, but there are heavy speculations that the government has agreed to close the rink (with a hall or a roof construction), 2 weeks ago here arrived three russian coaches, 2 for hockey and one for figure skating (i think this guy is actually from Ukraine), they had a meeting with the macedonian PM and were big "lobbiests" for a indoor rink. But its not official till yet.

We really hope so :)

Banned
    Do you have a logo of the old hockey club HK Vardar?

Quote Originally Posted by woppa View Post
    Do you have a logo of the old hockey club HK Vardar?
    Not really, but i will find one.

Here some old pics of the club

(with Team HK Bosna somwhere in the 80s)

Last edited by Zoki Lou; 10-03-2011 at 11:42.

IHF Member
    Hey, welcome in our Forum!

It's great, to have Macedonia backin the ice hockey world! When I've updated my former Yugoslavia File, I can good remember me, when HK Vardar Skopje played some season's.

So, now we all awaiting a National Championship in Macedonia!

But, of course, as you wrote, there is still a lot to do. But with actual 60 players, you're definitelly on a good way!
    Cheers, Franco

THX Franco,
    btw i found a presentation of the planned hockey hall in Skopje Aerodrom

IHF Member
    wow, looks absolutelly "gigantic"!

When should be the Hall finished? Or, is this still in "planing"?
    Cheers, Franco

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post

What is also the design capacity for spectators? The seating areas don't appear to very impressive in size but the exterior design certainly looks modern and that could help draw people in to watch matches.
    Bringing ice hockey to Northwest China!

I'm the hole formerly known as KazakhEagles

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post

It was said till end of 2012, but i do believe that it will be 2013-14, or to say that would be realistic.

But it is a finished plan of the municipality of Aerodrom, here the official HP according to that area were the sports center is planned, in english, with clip presentation
    http://aerodrom.gov.mk/investors-guide.html

Quote Originally Posted by Trim View Post
    What is also the design capacity for spectators? The seating areas don't appear to very impressive in size but the exterior design certainly looks modern and that could help draw people in to watch matches.
    I couldnt find any informations about that. I hope i could find an answer these days.

Hi Zoki Lou!
    it's absolutely great to have you here and to hear Macedonian hockey should re-birth!
    Currently how is realistic to arrange a domestic league in next years, maybe starting with juniors as Bosnia did?
    I think you should submit requests to IIHF because Federation has various plans to help hockey desenvolvement...
    And should be great if Ed Jovanovski could attend the inauguration of new palace!
    Correct me if I'm wrong but Macedonian Federation should had received invite to partecipate at U18 tournament scheduled in Turkey, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Davide View Post
    Hi Zoki Lou!
    it's absolutely great to have you here and to hear Macedonian hockey should re-birth!
    Currently how is realistic to arrange a domestic league in next years, maybe starting with juniors as Bosnia did?
    I think you should submit requests to IIHF because Federation has various plans to help hockey desenvolvement...
    And should be great if Ed Jovanovski could attend the inauguration of new palace!
    Correct me if I'm wrong but Macedonian Federation should had received invite to partecipate at U18 tournament scheduled in Turkey, isn't it?

Hey Davide,
    thx.

It is more than realistic, a league will be started very soon, with 4 Teams. The first game of the championship will be played during the opening of the new rink. But not as a junior league, because we have a lack of juniors. In this manner we will make further actions, like info-flyers, hockey schools, presentations in schools etc, so that we can start maybe in the end of the year with a junior league.

To ur last question, as i know we could not get a invitation, as long we do not have played a domestic championship. That is the reason why we want to start the league soon as possible.

About Ed, i would be very pleased for such an move, because we need "idols" for the upcoming generations. And he is definately one of them :)

Nice too see that there is some program and plan for developing ice hockey in Macedonia. Maybe our federation could learn something from yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoki Lou View Post

cheers from Macedonia

The decision is made, this will be the new logo of the Macedonian Hockey Federation!

Quote Originally Posted by filip cro View Post
    Nice too see that there is some program and plan for developing ice hockey in Macedonia. Maybe our federation could learn something from yours.
    Hej Filip,

actually the "hardware" (like the rink) is more a governmental issue, they r the builders and owners, the Federation is taking care of the players and the teams and will provide championships.

Honestly i think, we can learn much more from the Croatian federation which is working for years

Pozdrav :)

"Promotion" of the Macedonian Jersey, the second jersey is yellow

the guy on the left, is me :)

News soon, very soon

shirts look great, congratulations!!! now definitely just miss a debut! How about a friendly match with Bosnia?

Quote Originally Posted by Davide View Post
    shirts look great, congratulations!!! now definitely just miss a debut! How about a friendly match with Bosnia?
    That would be a great thing. I'm sure that people from Bosnian federation would be interested in cooperation with Macedonian federation.

IHF Member
    Now we need somebody to get a hockey programme going in Montenegro !!!

Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffH View Post
    Now we need somebody to get a hockey programme going in Montenegro !!!

Geoff
    The only existing ex-Yugoslavia country without hockey activity is Montenegro. It's hard to talk about hockey in country that has population around 600 thousand people and which never had any hockey activity like Macedonia and B&H did in 80's. I believe that capital Podgorica doesn't even has an ice rink during the winter, maybe small one for skating. In Macedonia case things are getting started with support of Macedonian diaspora and Montenegrin diaspora almost doesn't exist. Most of them even identify themselves as Serbs but that's more political and ethnic question.
    Anyway, don't expect hockey in Montenegro anytime soon.

Very nice jersey!

Will any be produced for sale? I think it could be a decent bit of income, selling them to fans and to crazy hockey-nut collectors! :)

Hey guys, thx for ur comments.

The opening of the new arena will happen soon, a friendly match versus Bulgaria will be played on this occasion! Here a LINK from a macedonian news page.

Also we have good relationsship with the Turkish Hockey Federation, there r also matches planned.

And yes, with Bosnia there will be also a cooperation!

@RiaRia
    Merchandising will be presented soon, on the upcoming webpage of the federation :)))

Hey guys, thx for ur comments.

The opening of the new arena will happen soon, a friendly match versus Bulgaria will be played on this occasion! Here a LINK from a macedonian news page.

Also we have good relationsship with the Turkish Hockey Federation, there r also matches planned.

And yes, with Bosnia there will be also a cooperation!

@RiaRia
    Merchandising will be presented soon, on the upcoming webpage of the federation :)))
    This is why I wrote few posts above that our federation could learn much from yours. :) Smth like that is science project for our federation.

Quote Originally Posted by filip cro View Post
    This is why I wrote few posts above that our federation could learn much from yours. :) Smth like that is science project for our federation.
    Here, because some of u asked per private message, the second jersey, i am sorry i have no better pic at the moment

good work, looks like macedonian hockey is making good progress while other nations are taking a step back.

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey_Algeria View Post
    good work, looks like macedonian hockey is making good progress while other nations are taking a step back.
    Thx u!
    Ive added u today on facebook, i have played with an (german-) algerian guy in Germany Inline hockey, he is a good friend. So maybe we can make someday a cooperation :))))

cheers from Macedonia

Zoki Lou: Would it be possible to get a list of current Macedonian players?

Quote Originally Posted by Aren View Post
    Zoki Lou: Would it be possible to get a list of current Macedonian players?

Not at the moment, i am sorry. But very soon.

Btw. Here one more pic of the construction progress of the Arena, pic is from today :))

Thx u!
    Ive added u today on facebook, i have played with an (german-) algerian guy in Germany Inline hockey, he is a good friend. So maybe we can make someday a cooperation :))))

cheers from Macedonia
    Yea definitely, contact us and we'll form a friendship between the organisations and hopefully arrange a game in future.

Banned
    Not really, but i will find one.

Here some old pics of the club
    Any luck at finding it?

Quote Originally Posted by woppa View Post
    Any luck at finding it?

It is not easy to find something, but thx u for the reminder, we have a meeting today, so i will ask once again :)

Top news:
    Friday 25. March 10.00 CET first press conference of the Macedonian Hockey Federation
    Saturday 26. March 13.30 CET opening of the new hockey Arena "Boris Trajkovski"

history will be made! :))))))))))

Awesome news!

I look forward to seeing some photos of the opening.

Will there be a transcript of the press conference online somewhere, or a video?

Quote Originally Posted by RiaRiaHungaria View Post
    Awesome news!

I look forward to seeing some photos of the opening.

Will there be a transcript of the press conference online somewhere, or a video?
    yes, later today.
    Here are some PICTURES of the press conference

f.l.t.r.: Headcoach mr. Tomislav Atanasovski, Bojan Vasilevski, Zoranco Griovski, director of the Agency for youth and sport of the Republic of Macedonia mr. Dime Spasov, president of the Macedonian Hockey Federation mr. Nikola Tasev, Stefan Dechkovski, Gjorgi Mehandziev, trainer mr. Vladimir Leov
    Last edited by Zoki Lou; 25-03-2011 at 15:04.

Im really looking forward to seeing how the game goes on the synthetic ice, its being used in algeria but no hockey has been played on it yet and ive never tried it before.

IHF Member
    Top news:
    Friday 25. March 10.00 CET first press conference of the Macedonian Hockey Federation
    Saturday 26. March 13.30 CET opening of the new hockey Arena "Boris Trajkovski"

history will be made! :))))))))))
    sounds very promising!!
    Cheers, Franco

IHF Member

press conference

What was say at the press conference?

Greetings,
    Rowan

Presentation of future plans and activities of the Macedonian national hockey team
    25.03.2011 - 13:28 | Sports Plus
    Director of Youth and Sports (AYS) Spasov Dime, Nikola Tasev President of the Macedonian Hockey Federation today presented the jersey of the Macedonian hockey team and explained the future activities for the development of sport in this country.

Director Spasov said the state began a project to develop hockey and creating quality team that will participate in major international competitions.

Added that he would follow the example of other countries that formed a strong club-national team (it means: a team that will contain all national players, which will participate in a league from the neighbourhood), that team currently has 35 players.

President of the Hockey Federation Tasev presented activities for the next period, including filing an application for participation in the next World Cup in 2012, registering a club in neighboring states Inline League (Bulgaria) and participation in the qualifying for the Inline World Cup 2012. (which will be played this year in Sofija/BG)

Here the original source, via google translate

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information