Thread: The Golden Goal artwork

IHF Prospect

Canada The Golden Goal artwork

I thought I'd share my art with you. I am Canadian obviously =) These are original size Limited Edition prints (23.5" x 30") of my graphite pencil artwork entitled, "The Golden Goal". Each print is individually signed and numbered out of 2010 total prints (to commemorate the year of The Golden Goal) and will not be available once those 2010 are sold. They are available in many galleries and dealers and on my website at www.jeremybresciani.com. Feel free to contact me here or e-mail via jeremy@jeremybresciani.com or call me at 1-310-800-4122

About the artwork:

The win in overtime cemented this game in history as The Goal of a new generation. It had been 38 years since that magical moment when Paul Henderson scored in the Summit Series and many Canadians yearned for a goal of their own to celebrate. Canada longed to renew that feeling of jubilation that Henderson and Co. brought to this great country in ‘72. It was only fitting that Sidney Crosby, bearing the weight of a nation’s pressure on his shoulders, was able to slide the winner home and bring back that jubilation. It was also fitting that Jarome Iginla, the gritty forward and heart of Team Canada was able to grind it out in the corner and make the Golden Pass! Niedermayer, the most decorated Canadian player and team captain, was first in to celebrate with Crosby.

Although, all of the fans in the stands are real, I took liberty with their placement as no single photo from this historical moment was able to capture this scene in its entirety. I worked with over 200 different photos to construct a viewpoint that I feel most accurately captures the moment.

As an homage to Team Canada 1972, I placed Paul Henderson and Yvan Cournoyer in the stands at the top of the stairs, celebrating in classic '72 fashion. I believe this moment to be a passing of the torch from The Goal of my parents’ generation to The Goal of my generation.

I feel that Canadian fans were an enormous component of this Team Canada’s success. No other country is as passionate about hockey as Canada. As such, I felt it was necessary to break away from the norm in sports art, which all too often portrays the fans as faceless or blurry background noise. In stark contrast, I brought the fans to the forefront of this piece, clearly detailing all 276 of their unique facial expressions and body language as they react in ecstatic jubilation to The Golden Goal.

I spent over 300 hours detailing this piece in the hopes that it will find you studying it and discovering something new for years to come!

Wow, that's pretty awesome!
    Twitter: @CSmeeth

The detailed work you put in is truly impressive!!

IHF Prospect
    Thanks guys!

Thread Information