View Poll Results: Predict the Relegation Round Results & who will AVOID relegation

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • SLO vs LAT, Slovenia will win

16 27.12%
  • SLO vs LAT, Latvia will win

28 47.46%
  • BLR vs AUT, Belarus will win

40 67.80%
  • BLR vs AUT, Austria will win

3 5.08%
  • AUT vs SLO, Austria will win

9 15.25%
  • AUT vs SLO, Slovenia will win

37 62.71%
  • BLR vs LAT, Belarus will win

12 20.34%
  • BLR vs LAT, Latvia will win

34 57.63%
  • SLO vs BLR, Slovenia will win

22 37.29%
  • SLO vs BLR, Belarus will win

25 42.37%
  • LAT vs AUT, Latvia will win

40 67.80%
  • LAT vs AUT, Austria will win

5 8.47%
  • Pick 2: AUSTRIA will AVOID Relegation

4 6.78%
  • Pick 2: BELARUS will AVOID Relegation

37 62.71%
  • Pick 2: LATVIA will AVOID Relegation

43 72.88%
  • Pick 2: SLOVENIA will AVOID Relegation

26 44.07%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2011 Relegation Round

well once again we have 900 PLayers overall with junior and female selections and i dont doubt we would have same number of players like Latvia if that was sport number 1 in Slovenia, but its far from that unfortunatly! 155 is the real number and i know most of them lol! Slohokej league is league made of 6 Slovenian teams and 1 from austria, 1 from croatia and 1 from serbia, 2 of that 6 teams are youngsters of 2 clubs that play in EBEL and 2 clubs of HKK BLED (older) + HK MK BLED (youngsters again ) ,so basicly there are 5 teams from slovenia in Slohokej league ,more or less only youngsters playing that league! once again GL to all 4 teams that will play in few min im hoping we will see good hockey

I think the point you make with football players is kind of interesting considering that FIFA (unlike the IIHF) counts two types of players in their "Big Count" registered and unregistered.

BTW. Rok Tičar, who played only couple of shifts against Austria, is out due to injury and wont be able to play against Belarus. Big blow to the Slovenian team.

Quote Originally Posted by jaaa View Post
    I think the point you make with football players is kind of interesting considering that FIFA (unlike the IIHF) counts two types of players in their "Big Count" registered and unregistered.
    I know it's a bit off-topic here but it's surprising to see numbers of soccer players in many particular countries. Czech republic has more registered soccer players than Spain and Latvia with only 8000 registered players qualified for EURO 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by BlameThaGame View Post
    well once again we have 900 PLayers overall with junior and female selections and i dont doubt we would have same number of players like Latvia if that was sport number 1 in Slovenia, but its far from that unfortunatly! 155 is the real number and i know most of them lol! Slohokej league is league made of 6 Slovenian teams and 1 from austria, 1 from croatia and 1 from serbia, 2 of that 6 teams are youngsters of 2 clubs that play in EBEL and 2 clubs of HKK BLED (older) + HK MK BLED (youngsters again ) ,so basicly there are 5 teams from slovenia in Slohokej league ,more or less only youngsters playing that league! once again GL to all 4 teams that will play in few min im hoping we will see good hockey
    I guess no one is arguing about the count of registered players. It's just that you can't really look at a country like Latvia (it doesn't have to be necessarily Latvia and I am not implying that anyone is saying that) and say that we have 2900 players while Slovenia has 155 as they do not fall into the same category. It's the "apples and oranges" thing. The way the number is determined is different so these numbers are not comparable. I was just curios why is there such a large difference in them and now I have my answer.
    Taro Tsujimoto, the greatest NHL player ever!

Quote Originally Posted by VSman View Post
    I know it's a bit off-topic here but it's surprising to see numbers of soccer players in many particular countries. Czech republic has more registered soccer players than Spain and Latvia with only 8000 registered players qualified for EURO 2004.
    IŽd say that the terms for registering and coun ting the players in all of the countries are very different just as in hockey. IMO they had to count players from like the 6th mountain league to get such numbers as Slovakia has in that count.

Quote Originally Posted by jaaa View Post
    IŽd say that the terms for registering and coun ting the players in all of the countries are very different just as in hockey. IMO they had to count players from like the 6th mountain league to get such numbers as Slovakia has in that count.
    Yeah, in case of Spain it could be number of senior players (36 players on average per club), while in case of Czech republic number of all senior, junior and women (167 on average).

Congrats to Belarus and Latvia ^^ ! Belarus realy played good Hockey today, and dominated

A tournament to forget.

Meh... At least the younger guys got some action. The only real mistake is the loss against Slovenia. That should have never happened. The games against Denmark and Finland could have gone both ways so I'll let it slide. Also at least this year we actually had a good preparation with a lot of players involved.

Anyways, thats DHKStarkov for not watching todays game
    Taro Tsujimoto, the greatest NHL player ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Oz View Post
    A tournament to forget.
    Maybe not a tournament, vs Czech rep., Finland, Belarus we played with heart and these were good games. Vs. Denmark and Austria we played good some parts of the game... What I want to forget though is the game vs Slovenia... after that I didn't see us in the Elite anymore but thankfully the team redeemed itself at least partially. And the spectacular win against our rivals Belarus certainly helped a bit too :)) I'm always 2X more happy about the win vs Belarus. Though we haven't lost them in a while now, both in U18 U20 and NT level.

Oh, well, at least next year we will appreciate our 11th place a hell lot of more than usually. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Oz View Post
    Oh, well, at least next year we will appreciate our 11th place a hell lot of more than usually. :D
    I hear that a lot of things will change next year (though it's not official yet, I guess). Then we'll see what it will do to the tournament, will it be the right decision or not.

ye Elit group will be played in 2 teams by 8 and last from each group will be relegated to lower division

Quote Originally Posted by zamo86 View Post
    BTW. Rok Tičar, who played only couple of shifts against Austria, is out due to injury and wont be able to play against Belarus. Big blow to the Slovenian team.
    never mind, slo-hockey is getting stronger and stronger...

IHF Staff
    Well, #4 downbound ride boarded. The last three times we were relegated I always felt that it was tough and that it could have gone another way with just a little bit of luck. This time we were just pathetically underachieving. One semi ok game and the rest a big nothing. Against Latvia tonight the effort was there, the players tried hard I'd say. But with these defensive lapses the Latvians didn't even have to work for their goals but just wait for the mistakes. And with the inefficiency AUT displayed on offense the deal was sealed.
    The only consolation is that if the new division/group system is adopted next year's div I A is going to be really interesting with all three major EBEL countries involved.

Quote Originally Posted by itry View Post
    Anyways, thats DHKStarkov for not watching todays game
    Yes, yes I did skip the match but it was killing me, I wanted to know so bad what was going on but oh well, atleast we won, stay up in Elite and from all accounts we played good today.

The roller coaster tournament is finally over, was happy with our showings against Czechs and Finns, not so much against Danish and Slovenians (especially the showing against Slovenia), then playing well again against Belarus and Austria. Hopefully next year we have a better showing and this time we dont have to deal with all the missing players.

Quote Originally Posted by RexKramer View Post
    Against Latvia tonight the effort was there, the players tried hard I'd say. But with these defensive lapses the Latvians didn't even have to work for their goals but just wait for the mistakes. And with the inefficiency AUT displayed on offense the deal was sealed.
    Yeah, our captain after the game said this about the whole tournament for us... That we weren't able to make opponents play our hockey... we didn't really have an idea how to play as a favourite. Therefore, all our best games that we won, we were letting the opponent attack more and concentrated on counter attacks. Even today we weren't really going forward, we let Austrians come and play in our zone more and tried to get counter attack chances or some lucky breaks because of defense mistakes... The game wasn't that good but then again I think a lot of emotions were left in the Belarus game too.

I think it's partially because of our young players who haven't really been in the position when they have to try to dominate a team and create chances. Dinamo Riga plays this counter attack style, not letting the opponent score and using defensive mistakes and counter attacks but when we go out and play against the teams we are supposed to play as favourites, there is not much experience for our young players of how to do that...

regardless of all, great congratulations to the team SLO, showed a good games during the tournament, few who hopes to be equal with everyone - in the end did not have the strength to survive...

I have a feeling that kopitar and mursak played with team they could survive in the Elite division, but without them SLO were excellent too.

p.s.
    difficult is to do comparisons of registered players, because in Slovenia there are 40 players who play Ebel, a few of them are outside and that's it... in other countries it is otherwise divided (how many AUT play Ebel?, or LAT, BLR play high level leagues?).
    Serbian hockey
    Senior 2A - U20 2B - U18 2B

Quote Originally Posted by Lovo View Post
    never mind, slo-hockey is getting stronger and stronger...
    No doubt. With the recent amount of home grown talents being produced its not a matter if Slovenia will ever return to the elite division, but when. Just for the next season the country will get one NHL regular, two in Elitserien and probably another two in DEL. All in their early twenties and with at least a decade of NT hockey ahead of them. Not to mention the new young guys Jesenice will produce to replace the JTS line.

No doubt. With the recent amount of home grown talents being produced its not a matter if Slovenia will ever return to the elite division, but when. Just for the next season the country will get one NHL regular, two in Elitserien and probably another two in DEL. All in their early twenties and with at least a decade of NT hockey ahead of them. Not to mention the new young guys Jesenice will produce to replace the JTS line.
    Yes, probably in future you'll get closer to italian hockey.

No thanks. We are satisfied with our own home grown players and don't need foreign mercenaries to feel important (like you, who waited patiently for almost two weeks now). Slovenia will be back next year, stronger then ever while Italy will go down and sooner or later "crash" in a wall called Hungary, GB or Poland and stayed there for a while. At least until they will realize that bringing in washed out Canadiens that couldn't cut it in the ECHL or even lower isn't enought to play elite international hockey, with all the development that is going on in some countries. And a good day that will be.

No thanks. We are satisfied with our own home grown players and don't need foreign mercenaries to feel important (like you, who waited patiently for almost two weeks now). Slovenia will be back next year, stronger then ever while Italy will go down and sooner or later "crash" in a wall called Hungary, GB or Poland and stayed there for a while. At least until they will realize that bringing in washed out Canadiens that couldn't cut it in the ECHL or even lower isn't enought to play elite international hockey, with all the development that is going on in some countries. And a good day that will be.
    If you're so interested in spaghetti-hockey, just give a look to our U18 team.

Somehow this year's Italian U18 team had no problem in beating U18 of Hungary and it was the toughest opponent Latvia had to face. I dunno much about hockey in your region but I doubt in U18 level Italians give passports to Canadians too.

So it's not like Italy has that bad results in growing its own players, I think. Though Hungary's improvement is evident. There was a time we beat them 15-2 in U20 level, and that was the time we used to lose Slovenia at that level

I'm worried about Austria from your region though... It might happen one day that, like NHL (American league mostly, Canadian talent), EBEL is an Austrian league filled mostly with Hungarian and Slovenian talent... Their U18 ended up in Division II now they are back, though I don't know if it's a trend or just a bad year.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovo View Post
    If you're so interested in spaghetti-hockey, just give a look to our U18 team.
    So what, they finished second with three wins and one loss in a weak group and despite the number of points were realisticly never close to promotion. Slovenia U18 on the other hand was 5 min away from promotion to the elite (4:40 to be exact) and eventually finished second with the same amount of points as Denmark who finished first and well ahead of Belarus who played in the elites one year earlier. The same happened with the U20 team who finished second with the same amount as the first Denmark and ahead of Austria who played in the elites one year earlier (congrats to the Italian U20 team though, who somehow managed to win two games and finished fourth). And let's not start comparing the senior national teams where the only reason Italy isn't strugling to survive in Div I is their roster composed of (usually) at least 10 imports from North America (CAN/USA). So please, before you start blabering on how Slovenia might get closer to Italian hockey in the future, think twice and you will see that it's the other way around. Over&Out.

Quote Originally Posted by rusher View Post
    I'm worried about Austria from your region though... It might happen one day that, like NHL (American league mostly, Canadian talent), EBEL is an Austrian league filled mostly with Hungarian and Slovenian talent... Their U18 ended up in Division II now they are back, though I don't know if it's a trend or just a bad year.
    I can't understand Austrians. They have so much more players then Denmark for example, yet they were "run over" by them at developing hockey in recent years. Not to mention that Austrian league is much stronger then Danish. I guess there are too many foreigners in their top squads that are carrying the teams forward in the league. The money Austria invests in hockey, number of players and infrastructure they should be somewhere on the level of Denmark, Latvia, Norway IMO.

I can't understand Austrians. They have so much more players then Denmark for example, yet they were "run over" by them at developing hockey in recent years. Not to mention that Austrian league is much stronger then Danish. I guess there are too many foreigners in their top squads that are carrying the teams forward in the league. The money Austria invests in hockey, number of players and infrastructure they should be somewhere on the level of Denmark, Latvia, Norway IMO.
    Maybe they have not so great coaches... It's hard to say. Germany with all its money and resources shoud have been an elite nation many years ago but they are always at this level, sometimes going higher, other times lower...
    There are just some countries that can't and others that succeed. A typical example I think is in basketball when you or, especially, Lithuanians probably can't invest as many resources and money as Italy or Spain, Russia but can outplay them on the field and produce talents.

So what, they finished second with three wins and one loss in a weak group and despite the number of points were realisticly never close to promotion. Slovenia U18 on the other hand was 5 min away from promotion to the elite (4:40 to be exact) and eventually finished second with the same amount of points as Denmark who finished first and well ahead of Belarus who played in the elites one year earlier. The same happened with the U20 team who finished second with the same amount as the first Denmark and ahead of Austria who played in the elites one year earlier (congrats to the Italian U20 team though, who somehow managed to win two games and finished fourth). And let's not start comparing the senior national teams where the only reason Italy isn't strugling to survive in Div I is their roster composed of (usually) at least 10 imports from North America (CAN/USA). So please, before you start blabering on how Slovenia might get closer to Italian hockey in the future, think twice and you will see that it's the other way around. Over&Out.
    Great. So give a look also to our under 15 selection!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information