View Poll Results: Who will win between USA and Czech Republic?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • USA (F4)

5 13.16%
  • Czech Republic (E1)

33 86.84%

Thread: QF: Czech Republic (E1) vs USA (F4) game thread

Mens IHWC QF: Czech Republic (E1) vs USA (F4) game thread

Wed May 11th, 2011 @ 16:15 CET

United States
    vs
    Czech Republic

Post your predictions, comments before after and during the games etc....
    Last edited by Jazz; 10-05-2011 at 02:22.

I hope the Czechs won´t choose this game to "finally" lose...this tournament needs to have a home team until it´s last two days.....:D

IHF Member
    Maybe add a poll? We should win this one, 3-1 for Cze

USA has mixed good games with bad, but I can't see them winning over Czech R.
    Cum bibam cervisiam gaudeo.

I cant see the Czechs losing their first match to the Americans, should be a pretty comfy win for them, 4:1

Quote Originally Posted by Pejcha View Post
    Maybe add a poll? We should win this one, 3-1 for Cze
    Patience my friend....
    There is no such thing as a "Bad Hockey Market"
    There are, however, several markets with "Bad Hockey"

International Hockey Forums on Social Media:
    https://twitter.com/ihf_forums
    https://www.facebook.com/ihf.forums

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    Patience my friend....
    You know, wanted to finish voting before the start of third period

I'm waiting for information about injury of Havlat...
    Bo gdyby, ach gdyby wszystko na tym świecie dało się rostrzygać na lodowiskach, w trzech tercjach, kijem i krążkiem, to nie tylko wszak kanadyjskim zawodowcom z NHL, nie tylko wiarołomnym antysocjalistycznym Czechom, ale całemu światu, ba, nawet duszmanom z Pandższiru, Heratu i Kandaharu spuściłaby tęgi a druzgocący wpierdol hokejowa reprezentacja ZSRR, a w jej składzie Ragulin, Fetisow, Kasatonow oraz, bladź, Kapustin, Golikow i Malcew.

Andrzej Sapkowski, "Żmija"

Young American squad played very good tournament so far, but I can't see Czech, especially with such roster, to lose against USA.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Piotrek View Post
    I'm waiting for information about injury of Havlat...
    Bruised shoulder, he's going to hospital for further examination

http://hokej.idnes.cz/start-havlata-...hokej-2011_cig
    Last edited by Pejcha; 10-05-2011 at 00:04.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    Wed May 11th, 2011

United States
    vs
    Czech Republic

Post your predictions, comments before after and during the games etc....
    Love those 'wind blown' flag icons...have to go with the Czechs.
    If Conklin (assuming he starts...can't believe he won't) plays like did against Canada,
    the Americans may have a shot.
    But in terms of experience and overall depth, the Czechs have it all over the US.

I voted with my heart instead of my head.....hoping for another Miracle on Ice, albeit of a lesser scale.

Realistically, though, it would be a huge, huge upset.

The Czechs, along with Canada and Finland, have been the best teams here.

IHF Member
    I just don't think this US group plays a strong enough team game to win this. There's an outside chance if the goaltending is strong but it seems hard to believe that'll be the case.

Czechs have been the most consistent team so far, winning all their games in regulation time. I do not see a QF game against the USA changing that pattern. Czechs win.

It will be Czechs against Conklin. Czechs have demonstrated their central defense so tight that American's won't get a chance when 5-5. Americans will become frustrated, and get some penalties. Czechs' PP, there we go.

IHF Prospect
    Im sorry USA but I think Czech will take this one rather easy

QF 2004 again. USA in semis.
    Have you tried turning it off and on again?
    Better now?

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaaa View Post
    I hope the Czechs won´t choose this game to "finally" lose...this tournament needs to have a home team until it´s last two days.....:D

Of course, Czechs. Only one single "if", or two);

1st: Americans might be too fast for Czech Republic,
    2nd: Conklin.

Yes again 2004, but this time USA had little weaker roster, and moreover Czech won't play at home ice:-). I hope Czechs will win this game.
    Bo gdyby, ach gdyby wszystko na tym świecie dało się rostrzygać na lodowiskach, w trzech tercjach, kijem i krążkiem, to nie tylko wszak kanadyjskim zawodowcom z NHL, nie tylko wiarołomnym antysocjalistycznym Czechom, ale całemu światu, ba, nawet duszmanom z Pandższiru, Heratu i Kandaharu spuściłaby tęgi a druzgocący wpierdol hokejowa reprezentacja ZSRR, a w jej składzie Ragulin, Fetisow, Kasatonow oraz, bladź, Kapustin, Golikow i Malcew.

Yes again 2004, but this time USA had little weaker roster, and moreover Czech won't play at home ice:-). I hope Czechs will win this game.
    Are you sure about that?

Are you sure about that?
    Definitelly. Slovakia is independent country since 1993 if I remember good

So is the Czech republic and still there were Slovak fans chanting "My sme tu doma" (We´re at home here) in Prague during April 2008 football WC qualification. Or for that matter you can say that the Slovak team was at home in Ostrava at the 2004 IHWC.

The Czechs will feel exactly like at home at the stadium and this will be probably even more so noticeable with the home team no longer competing and many fans cheering the Czechs from now on.

IHF Member
    Well, 205 km to Prague, 170km to Ostrava and 130 km to Bratislava for me They may be independant, but they are still close

Quote Originally Posted by Pejcha View Post
    Well, 205 km to Prague, 170km to Ostrava and 130 km to Bratislava for me They may be independant, but they are still close
    Even if there might be some doubt on whether the Czechs as a whole are at home here, there is no doubt that the Moravians are....:

If I understood good Prucha and Michalek will play against USA. Czech doctors also give Martin Havlat 80% chances for playing tomorrow. Can anybody confirm my understanding of this article?

And about case if Czechs playing at home ice: during Football World Cup in 2006 in Germany Polish fans also singing that Poland play at home, there was many of them, but I definitelly didn't say Poland play at home. And looking from this point, Czechs are playing not at home ice

If I understood good Prucha and Michalek will play against USA. Czech doctors also give Martin Havlat 80% chances for playing tomorrow. Can anybody confirm my understanding of this article?

And about case if Czechs playing at home ice: during Football World Cup in 2006 in Germany Polish fans also singing that Poland play at home, there was many of them, but I definitelly didn't say Poland play at home. And looking from this point, Czechs are playing not at home ice
    Yes, Prucha and Michálek will play, they will know more about Hávlat tomorrow morning, but the doctor is pretty optimistic about him playing. (Didn´t see any 80% there though)

Well, we can continue to argue about this just for fun I think you have to agree that the history and mutual love between Slovakia and CZE is a totally different story than Polish-German history/relationships. (Btw were they singing during Germany´s games? Podoloski, Klose....:D)

Yes, Prucha and Michálek will play, they will know more about Hávlat tomorrow morning, but the doctor is pretty optimistic about him playing. (Didn´t see any 80% there though)

Well, we can continue to argue about this just for fun I think you have to agree that the history and mutual love between Slovakia and CZE is a totally different story than Polish-German history/relationships. (Btw were they singing during Germany´s games? Podoloski, Klose....:D)
    In this sentence I found it:
    "Má protiotokovu a protizánětlivou léčbu. Cítí se lépe, dá se říci, že s ramenním klubem hýbal a bolesti se mu výrazně zmírnily. Jeho start tak není vyloučený. Můj odhad? Hodnotil bych to tak osmdesát ku dvaceti," připomněl.
    And about the second things I wrote my example not due our "Polish-German love"() but due to many Polish fans, which cheering for Poland the same as many Czech fans cheering for Czech in country, which is very nearly:D

In this sentence I found it:

And about the second things I wrote my example not due our "Polish-German love"() but due to many Polish fans, which cheering for Poland the same as many Czech fans cheering for Czech in country, which is very nearly:D
    Must have missed that part, didn´t read it thoroughly....

Well and my point was that it goes much deeper than just being in a country that is nearby with the Czechs in Slovakia....;)

Must have missed that part, didn´t read it thoroughly....

Well and my point was that it goes much deeper than just being in a country that is nearby with the Czechs in Slovakia....;)
    Ok, understood. All in all, Slovakia is different country since 18 years, and was united with Czechs from many years earlier.

IHF Member
    Havlát wouldn't play today

Ok, understood. All in all, Slovakia is different country since 18 years, and was united with Czechs from many years earlier.
    Okay, it seems that the IIHF has decided to step into out discussion and appearantly the Czechs are playing on "home" ice.

Czechs registred Petr Vampola.

2-0 Czechs midway through the game.

Old man Jagr (LOL....he's my age) can still play the game, eh? I'd welcome him back to the Rangers for a season or two, but I think he's bound for either the Penguins or the Canadiens.

Sadly for me, he's killing the USA team today (has both Czech goals so far).

The sad part for me is that the USA looks really good. At worst, they go 3-3-1 in the tournament and finish in the Top 8....and with the roster they sent, that's excellent. Still plenty of hockey left today, though.
    Last edited by Marc Brunengraber; 11-05-2011 at 19:25.

Jagr with a hat trick and the Czechs lead 4-0 late in the game.........good luck to them the rest of the way!

How are 5th through 8th place determined?

According to Puck Worlds (excellent site by the way) on Twitter, the US has finished in 8th. Shame to end it like that for us, but it's definitely an improvement from last year's debacle.
    Twitter: @CSmeeth

The Americans started out really well in the first period, control the play for the most part but never the best thing to give up a late goal. After that, the Czechs started to carry the play, 5 on 3 goal and it seemed all but over for the Americans.

Credit to them for getting this far, never would of thought they would make it out of Qualifying round.

I think the 5 on 3 powerplay turned the tide towards the Czechs, and from there on it went in their favor
    Twitter: @CSmeeth

I'm glad I was wrong... And my sincere compliments to US team. Until the second goal it was by far their best performance in the tournament.
    Have you tried turning it off and on again?
    Better now?

Congrats to Czech on their win and also kudos to USA for very good tournament :)

Jagr

Quote Originally Posted by DHKStarkovs View Post
    Credit to them for getting this far, never would of thought they would make it out of Qualifying round.
    Really? I wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Brunengraber View Post
    How are 5th through 8th place determined?
    Based on placement in the Qualifying Round as far as I know.
    Cum bibam cervisiam gaudeo.

Ok. Got home, watched the game, and it was entertaining.
    Close game early but the Czechs definitely took it over as the game went on, and the win was well deserved.

interesting game, USA on the same level with CZE but didn't know how to score a goal ... CZE showed high quality and the biggest difficulty was that the USA played with them.

congrat's to CZE, they have realy impressive team!

Serbian hockey
    Senior 2A - U20 2B - U18 2B

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Brunengraber View Post
    2-0 Czechs midway through the game.

Old man Jagr (LOL....he's my age) can still play the game, eh? I'd welcome him back to the Rangers for a season or two, but I think he's bound for either the Penguins or the Canadiens.

Sadly for me, he's killing the USA team today (has both Czech goals so far).

The sad part for me is that the USA looks really good. At worst, they go 3-3-1 in the tournament and finish in the Top 8....and with the roster they sent, that's excellent. Still plenty of hockey left today, though.
    I don't think Jágr will go to the NHL. He's fully satisfied with Russia and local people. The only man he didn't like in Omsk was "crazy" coach Summanen - and he left the club.

Kudos USA for a good tournament and especially this last game against Czechs! It was their game until mid 2nd period when Czechs took over.

Thread Information