View Poll Results: Who will be the 2011 IIHF Bronze Medalist?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Russia (E4) will win

5 20.83%
  • Czech Republic (E1) will win

19 79.17%

Thread: BRONZE MEDAL GAME, Russia vs Czech Republic

Mens IHWC BRONZE MEDAL GAME, Russia vs Czech Republic

Sunday May 15th, 2011. 16:15pm CET

Russia
    vs
    Czech Republic

Post your predictions, comments before after and during the games etc....

IHF Prospect
    you got the tittle wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by NMF78 View Post
    you got the tittle wrong...
    Fixed... trying to do this @ work...lol.

Well, I wanted to see the re-match, however its for the wrong colour medal. Czechs are the stronger team however I dont know what Russian team is going to show up for this match. I would like to believe they want a little revenge for losing gold last year and deny the Czechs a medal, or they might just not play with any emotion.

Going with Russia, Barulin plays great
    Last edited by Starkovs; 14-05-2011 at 13:46.

No, I don't see Russia coming together as a team. I'm really surprised they won over Canada. The Czechs will walk all over them.

4-1 CZE.
    Cum bibam cervisiam gaudeo.

Russia will win it, I think that Czechs are much more hurt with semifinal loss. I expect open game with lots of goals and Russian individual quality that will decide the winner.
    Hokej u Hrvatskoj ima svijetlu budućnost SAMO AKO mjerodavni ljudi rade svoj posao kako treba - Pršljen
    Hockey in Croatia has a bright future ONLY IF relevant people do their job right - Pršljen

Other than the win over Canada, the Russians have really disappointed this tournament.

The Czechs, on the other hand, have played very well, and they always get pumped up to play against Russia.

I think the Czechs win it with another - and perhaps final - vintage Jagr performance.

IHF Prospect
    going with russia this time, i think it will be anopen game rather then a turtle up match. And the pucks will finaly start going in rather then hiting the poles.

Given the lousy teamplay and discipline for the defense by the Russians throughtout the tournament (except time to time in the game against Canada), I would expect Czechs to take bronze. I sure hope so..

Edit: Congratulations Czech Republic for bronze medals 2011!!
    Last edited by amoracing; 15-05-2011 at 18:31.

The match could go both ways but the Czechs won in the end.

I'm really upset that I couldn't watch the game......seems like the goals came in bunches.

Congrats to the Czech Republic on a great tournament and on their bronze medal win!

IHF Member
    „HOCKEY IS WHERE WE LIVE

Life is just a place where we spend time between games”

Thanks, Krisz.

Revenge on Artyukhin:
    Bo gdyby, ach gdyby wszystko na tym świecie dało się rostrzygać na lodowiskach, w trzech tercjach, kijem i krążkiem, to nie tylko wszak kanadyjskim zawodowcom z NHL, nie tylko wiarołomnym antysocjalistycznym Czechom, ale całemu światu, ba, nawet duszmanom z Pandższiru, Heratu i Kandaharu spuściłaby tęgi a druzgocący wpierdol hokejowa reprezentacja ZSRR, a w jej składzie Ragulin, Fetisow, Kasatonow oraz, bladź, Kapustin, Golikow i Malcew.

Andrzej Sapkowski, "Żmija"

IHF Member
    I'm glad the Czechs won bronze because over the course of the tournament they
    were much better than Russia, who were underwhelming even when beating Canada.
    Jagr was simply amazing...it was as if the clock was turned back to 1992.
    I'm happy the game was a wide open affair with lots of goals.
    Ovechkin must be incredibly frustrated by now.
    Try as he might, he had virtually no impact for Russia since he arrived.

Congrats to the Czech team on winning the Bronze!

I heard it was a weird game, from all the goals to the officiating.

TSN had a 2 minute interview with Patrik Eliáš after the game in which part of it he rants on the state of European officiating, saying they have much to learn and suggested that the IIHF should bring over a couple of NHL officials who are no longer taking part in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Here is the direct video link:http://watch.tsn.ca/featured/clip467256#clip467256
    Not sure if there are any regional restrictions, so I'll post the game page as well: http://www.tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/story/?id=365803 where you can click on: "Video: Patrik Elias 1-on-1"

Can anyone detail what he was referring to during the game, as I missed it? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    Can anyone detail what he was referring to during the game, as I missed it?
    Well, this game was almost ok, Eliash probably meant the tournament in whole.

And my congrats to the Czech team with bronze! They obviously were better than our guys, could stand in the first and played their classic Czech style the second and the third periods.

I have many ideas on "who is guilty and what to do" regarding team Russia, but my English is not so strong to write it here :)
    Salavat - green rockets!

Russia

Quote Originally Posted by kedr View Post
    ....I have many ideas on "who is guilty and what to do" regarding team Russia, but my English is not so strong to write it here :)
    I wish you would, I'm curious as I am far away so I can't comment, but the hockey world needs Russia to do well.

Someone please start a thread in the Russian forum.

Cheers.

What forum do you mean?
    English only appreciated on this forum.
    Salavat - green rockets!

What forum do you mean?
    I'm taking a guess that he means the section that concentrates on Russian hockey right here in the IHF.

http://forums.internationalhockey.ne...splay.php?f=30
    UPGRADE NOW: Laho 2.0: An all-new interface, improved outlook, refitted AI, better stick handling and a whole new load of lousy jokes. 100% HPK compatible.

IHF Prospect

Mens IHWC BRONZE MEDAL GAME, Russia vs Czech Republic

I don't really see any problem in Russian hockey, yes they had a bad tourney. If that means a catastrophe its sort flattering, but it is not really realistic to finish first or even in the medals every time, nor would it be good for the sport. Overall Russia had a decent year 1st place in u20, 3rd place in U18, 4th place here and maintained the top team ranking overall in IIHF.

Since the subject of officiating was brought I think the way it has been done is absolutely horrid. I mean seriously this game has a rulebook, why the rules are sometimes applied and sometimes are not applied. Sometimes invented altogether.
    I mean in Russia Finland there were penalties given out for skating near the goal keeper as the replay clearly showed he was not even touched, and in Russia Czeque game no whistle was blown for either team doing much worse until late in the second period where they said oh hey there are rules here. The horrid decisions for Russia Canada game were already discussed in that thread. (I only had time to watch the Russian games, so don't know what went on in the other ones). But what gets me most is that even commentators are like "Yeah the refs decided to make this a strict game" or "The refs have decided to just let the teams play today". WTF is that, there is either a rule in the game and then it should be applied every game or there isn't and then it should never be applied. Why do the refs get to decide what kind of game is going to be played, do they come out with a menu before the game? Like today's special we going to give penalty for this thing every-time so watch out, but on the other hand you can do this other thing that's against the rules and we won’t give shit about it today.
    This is a great approach in D&D where most dungeon masters have their own set of rules and little deviations from the official rule book, but in an international competition? I don’t know if NHL refs are any better, wasn’t the 2008 WC officiated by them? What is seriously needed is reviews of games that lead to disqualification of refs. It’s a job and like any job if you fuck up bad enough, or just consistently you should get fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Laho View Post
    I wish you would, I'm curious as I am far away so I can't comment, but the hockey world needs Russia to do well.

Cheers.
    What forum do you mean?
    English only appreciated on this forum.
    I'm taking a guess that he means the section that concentrates on Russian hockey right here in the IHF.

http://forums.internationalhockey.ne...splay.php?f=30

Yes, specifically here: http://forums.internationalhockey.ne...ad.php?t=10707

IHF Prospect
    You took my post which was 80% comments about poor officiating in this tourney and made it the a starter for problems with Russian hockey thread? wow

Thread Information