Thread: Asian Hockey League - 4 Nation league (JPN, CHN, KOR, & RUS) & 2004/05 season results

Icon107 Asian Hockey League - 4 Nation league (JPN, CHN, KOR, & RUS) & 2004/05 season results

Quote Originally Posted by icing101
    Asian Hockey League set to start and will include four nations:

A new multi-national ice hockey league in Asia is ready to begin its inaugural season. The groundbreaking Asian Hockey League, which was unveiled at a press conference in Beijing, China, on Tuesday, will include teams from Japan, Korea, China and Russia.

Overall there will be eight teams in the new league, which will play 42 games each. The teams will play a round robin schedule, facing each other six times throughout the season, three times at home and three on the road. At the end of the regular season, the top four teams will qualify for the playoffs.

Already, the league is attracting media attention and big names. Five-time Stanley Cup winner Esa Tikanen has signed on to play for the Korean team Halla Winia.

The seeds for the league were planted last year on a smaller scale, as teams from Japan and Korea were the forerunners forming a five-team league. Korean champion Halla Winia joined the Asian League together with Japanese teams Nikko Ice Bucks, Nippon Paper Cranes, Oji Paper and the Japanese champion Kokudo Tokyo.

"In the beginning, the Korean teams had problems competing with the teams from Japan," said Shoichi Tomita, the IIHF Vice President from Japan and the main force behind the Asian League. "But by the end of last season, they had at least one win against each team. Their improvement was a great thing to see."

This season, the league will be made up of four teams from Japan (Nikko Ice Bucks, Nippon Paper Cranes, Oji Paper and Japanese champion Kokudo Tokyo), two teams from China (Harbin and Qiqihar) and one each from Korea (Halla Winia) and Russia. The Russian team will be Amur, from Khabarovsk, which is in the same time zone as Tokyo. Their developmental team will represent Amur, which plays in the Russian Professional Hockey League.

The primary goal of the new Asian League is make the Asian teams more competitive on the international stage.

"The success of this league would mean a great deal to the development of ice hockey in far-east Asia," said Tomita. "We would like to see all of these nations play at least the Division I level at the IIHF World Championships."

Tomita says that the 2004-05 Asian League has plans to expand in the future to include more than eight teams and hopes to find a major sponsor to help alleviate some of the costs of travel.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jazz; 03-03-2005 at 07:08.

That is good news!

Let's hope the league remains viable and can sucessfully expand and increase the profile of hockey in the Far East!

Here is an Q&A with Asian hockey proponent and IIHF Vice-President Shoichi Tomita, on IIHF's web-site. Here is an example

Q: So what is the ultimate goal of the Asia League?

Tomita: The only way for players to improve is to play in more competitve games. We think this league will give Asian players that opportunity. Then ideally, the players will bring the skills that they've acquired from the league games to the IIHF World Championship making the Asian teams better on the international scene.
    You can read more about it here.

Additionally, here is the official site for the Asian League of Hockey

it's a league that i'm trying to follow , i am the first french fan of the chinese teams :yelclap:

Just for FYI here are the standings of the Asian Hockey league as of December 6th:

G/W/OTW/T/OTL/L/PTS
    1 KOKUDO ICE HOCKEY TEAM 24 19 0 3 1 1 61
    2 NIPPON PAPER CRANES 23 17 0 3 0 3 54
    3 OJI ICE HOCKEY TEAM 23 14 0 2 0 7 44
    4 GOLDEN AMUR 22 13 1 1 0 7 42
    5 ANYANG HALLA WINIA 22 12 0 3 1 6 40
    6 HC NIKKO ICEBUCKS 24 4 1 1 0 18 15
    7 HARBIN ICE HOCKEY TEAM 22 2 0 1 0 7
    8 QIQIHAR ICE HOCKEY TEAM 20 0 0 0 0 20 0

@diabolik -- I have to pull for the lone Korean Team since I lived there for almost two years! :yelclap:

IHF Prospect
    Japanese clubs r gonna dominating this league for sure since they
    r developing game of hockey a little more than other Asian countries (In Far East, the most popular sports r actually soccer, baseball, and basketball).

But for women's hockey, China is definitely the "Queen of Asia".

Interesting yet critical editorial about the Japanese Ice Hockey situation (this is from before the start of the newly formed Asian league) and the lack of marketing of the sport up to that point.

It’s a shame baseball’s Pacific League hasn’t taken a page out of ice hockey’s book. While the mandarins in charge of baseball look increasingly inward (or increasingly stupid), the chaps running ice hockey here have decided to look outward and beyond Japan’s shores in an effort to revive the sport. Or, to put it more bluntly, to ensure its survival. On September 25, Asian League Ice Hockey will kick off with eight teams, including Japan’s four surviving professional teams, two from China, one from South Korea and one from Russia. It must be said, however, that ice hockey’s own rulers have done a fairly lousy job at keeping their sport’s momentum going. Even people within the game are critical of its governing officials and organization. Ice hockey in Japan is an eminently marketable product—and should have been more so after the Nagano Olympics—but it barely gets mentioned in the media.

The new Asian League might just change that. Soccer has pointed the way with the A3 Club Championship and the East Asia Championship. While pan-Asian tournaments don’t always fare so well, more regional events have far greater viability. The reason for this is obvious: Local rivalries generate greater interest in the media and among fans. Japan vs. Saudi Arabia in soccer might have a certain amount of interest for the aficionado, but Japan vs. South Korea is a “war” and generates column inches beyond the sports pages. Another advantage of cross-border action is that it broadens the horizons and skills of the players.

In a trial run last year, the Japan Hockey League admitted Korean champion Anyang Halla Winia for several games. The Koreans struggled at first, but started to find their feet as they got used to the standard of play, which is surprisingly high. Earlier this year, International Ice Hockey Federation President Rene Fasel visited China to investigate ways of boosting the game there. Fasel is hoping to bring NHL games to China in the hope that it will stimulate interest (a ploy that didn’t work here). Fasel told Xinhua news agency that the Asian League was just the kind of thing the sport needed. “AHL is a good idea to promote Asia’s overall ice-hockey sports,” he said. “The IIHF is proud to participate in it and be of some help.”

One of the players hoping to shine in the new league is the much-traveled Shin Yahata-Larson, who played for Japan in the Nagano Olympics and returned to these shores last season after stints in France and England (he’s also played in the Elite League in his native Sweden and in Canada). Yahata-Larson now plays for the Oji Eagles in Hokkaido. “I think the Asian League could be a good solution depending on how things are run and how fans respond,” the hockey heartthrob (he’s still single, girls) told Metropolis. “I hope hockey will take off more and one day become one of the bigger sports in Japan. It’s definitely exciting, and people that watch it usually come back.”

And that’s the trick: To get the fans in and to keep them. “Japanese hockey has been up and down over the last ten years,” Yahata-Larson says. “I think it’s a matter of grabbing the opportunities to promote the game when the time is right. The Nagano Olympics was a great chance, but the opportunity kind of slipped away from becoming a bigger sport. There are talented players that are born in Japan, and I think it’s good anytime they take a chance to play against foreign opposition.”
    Former Hartford Whaler Chris Bright believes the prospects for the sport here should be good. "There is some great talent here. All of the players are excellent skaters and are very coachable. I hope more players continue to go overseas to gain international experience.ÊThe game has a huge upside in Japan, and I wish the current ownership of the teams would market the sport better to show the many Japanese fans who have not yet seen our product the great excitement that goes with the game of hockey."
    Last edited by Jazz; 20-01-2005 at 04:35.

Standings as of Jan 16th, 2005

Rank Team (COUNTRY)...................G...W OTW T OTL...L.....GF:GA....P
    1 - Kukudo Lions (JAPAN)...............38 . 29 . 0 . 3 . 1 . 05 . 196:079 . 91
    2 - Nippon Paper Cranes (JAPAN).....37 . 26 . 0 . 5 . 0 . 06 . 160:092 . 83
    3 - Golden Amur (RUSSIA)..............35 . 22 . 1 . 2 . 1 . 09 . 173:082 . 71
    4 - Oji Seishi Eagles (JAPAN)...........36 . 19 . 2 . 2 . 1 . 12 . 141:109 . 64
    5 - Anyang Halla Winnia (KOREA).....35 . 16 . 1 . 4 . 1 . 13 . 139:108 . 55
    6 - HC Nikko IceBucks (JAPAN)........37 . 11 . 1 . 1 . 2 . 22 . 095:108 . 38
    7 - Harbin (CHINA)........................34 . 02 . 2 . 1 . 0 . 29 . 061:195 . 11
    8 - Qiqihar (CHINA).......................32 . 01 . 0 . 0 . 1 . 30 . 038:246 . 04

GP = games played,
    W = wins in 60 min.
    OTW = overtime wins,
    OTL = overtime loss,
    REG L = loss in 60 min.
    GF-GA = goals for-goals against,
    P = points,
    3 points for REG W, 2 for OTW, 1 for TIE or OTL, 0 for REG L

Note: Top 4 make the playoffs. Season is 42 games long.

The Chinese teams seem hopelessly outclassed here....

..I've never seen him shut up. He can't speak Finnish, Swedish or English, but where-ever he goes he makes himself clear and is popular everywhere. Esa is king, everywhere." - Jere Lehtinen, Dallas Stars

:045: ahh.. esa still my favorite agitator :devileek: well the first of my favorite agitators :005:
    It seemed like a good idea at the time officer

Standings as of March 1st, 2005

1 - Kukudo Lions (JAPAN)...............40 . 30 . 0 . 3 . 1 . 06 . 201:085 . 94
    2 - Nippon Paper Cranes (JAPAN).....40 . 29 . 0 . 5 . 0 . 06 . 193:083 . 92
    3 - Golden Amur (RUSSIA)..............40 . 26 . 1 . 2 . 1 . 10 . 199:083 . 83
    4 - Oji Seishi Eagles (JAPAN)...........40 . 22 . 2 . 2 . 1 . 13 . 162:122 . 73
    5 - Anyang Halla Winnia (KOREA).....40 . 17 . 1 . 5 . 1 . 16 . 150:131 . 59
    6 - HC Nikko IceBucks (JAPAN)........40 . 11 . 1 . 1 . 2 . 24 . 101:123 . 39
    7 - Harbin (CHINA)........................40 . 07 . 2 . 1 . 0 . 30 . 089:212 . 26
    8 - Qiqihar (CHINA).......................40 . 01 . 0 . 0 . 1 . 38 . 051:307 . 04

GP = games played,
    W = wins in 60 min.
    OTW = overtime wins,
    OTL = overtime loss,
    REG L = loss in 60 min.
    P = points,

Note: Top 4 make the playoffs. Season is 42 games long.
    Last edited by Jazz; 03-03-2005 at 07:27.

very poor results of the chinese teams :mad:

it's a shame :010:

Quote Originally Posted by diabolik
    very poor results of the chinese teams :mad:

it's a shame :010:
    I wonder how long some of the Chinese teams have been together? I realize it could simply be a talent issue, but some of the Japanese teams have been together for quite some time. I don't know anything about the Russian entry.

I was hoping for better results from the Korean entry, but they ended up respectable record.

Yeah, I'd have to look at the results, but I'd gather that virtually all of the wins the 2 Chinese teams have had have been against eachother.

These 2 were outclassed from the get-go, but the thinking over there is that this will will help force the level of Chinese hockey to get better. I'm not sure if this will actually happen, but we'll see.

I don't know about this season, but historically these two Chinese teams have been very stable with players. The Chinese national is generally hugely dominated by these two clubs with only one or two players from other teams making the squad.

And I think that's the clue. This is a team filled with players who bounce between Division 1 and Division 2 in the World Championships. And while thay may also be true of the South Korean team, they do have Esa Tikkanen and Marco Poulsen. Harbin only have a couple of imports and Qiqihar don't have any. There is no way that these guys can compete with Japanese and Russian players.

Graham.
    "It's very hard to talk quantum using a language originally designed to tell other monkeys where the ripe fruit is."
    ---
    "Night Watch", Terry Pratchett

Final Standings

1 - Nippon Paper Cranes (JAPAN).....42 . 31 . 0 . 5 . 0 . 06 . 206:085 . 98
    2 - Kukudo Lions (JAPAN)...............42 . 31 . 0 . 4 . 1 . 06 . 208:090 . 98
    3 - Golden Amur (RUSSIA)..............42 . 26 . 1 . 3 . 1 . 11 . 204:090 . 84
    4 - Oji Seishi Eagles (JAPAN)...........42 . 24 . 2 . 2 . 1 . 13 . 181:124 . 79
    5 - Anyang Halla Winnia (KOREA).....42 . 17 . 1 . 5 . 1 . 18 . 152:140 . 59
    6 - HC Nikko IceBucks (JAPAN)........42 . 13 . 1 . 2 . 2 . 24 . 110:125 . 45
    7 - Harbin (CHINA)........................42 . 07 . 2 . 1 . 0 . 32 . 091:213 . 26
    8 - Qiqihar (CHINA).......................42 . 01 . 0 . 0 . 1 . 40 . 053:321 . 04

GP = games played,
    W = wins in 60 min.
    OTW = overtime wins,
    OTL = overtime loss,
    REG L = loss in 60 min.
    P = points,

Note: Top 4 make the playoffs.

Playoff Schedule (Best of 5 Semi-Finals):
    • Game 1 - Saturday March 12th.
      Oji Seishi Eagles @ Nippon Paper Cranes
      Golden Amur @ Kukudo Lions

• Game 2 - Sunday March 13th

• Game 3 - Wednesday March 16th
      Nippon Paper Cranes @ Oji Seishi Eagles
      Kukudo Lions @ Golden Amur

• Game 4 - Thursday March 17th (if necessary)
      Nippon Paper Cranes @ Oji Seishi Eagles
      Kukudo Lions @ Golden Amur

• Game 5 - Saturday March 19th (if necessary)

It's incredible that a sport power like China has a so poor hockey moviment....:shakehead

Anyone knows more about chinese hockey and can tell us something?

i try to find chinese hockey fans on the net , but for the moment , i don't find a fan :shakehead

my girlfriend ,who is chinese , will help me when she will have time :653:

Looks like the Cranes might be getting more than they anticpated. Both series resumed today.

I hope Jazz doesn't mind that I posted the boxes.

Game 3 March 16th
    Oji Seishi Eagles - Nippon Paper Cranes 1-2 (1-1, 0-1, 0-0) Attendance: 2690. Cranes lead series 2-1

Golden Amur - Kukudo Lions 1-2 AOT (0-0, 0-1, 1-0, 0-1) Attendance: 455. Lions win series 3-0.

Not at all Brims! :023:

Anyways, this is a couple of days old, but it is a game story of the AL playoffs nonetheless.

http://www.asahi.com/english/Herald-...503150139.html

Championship Final:
    #1 seed Nippon Paper Cranes (JAPAN) vs #2 seed Kukudo Lions (JAPAN)

Should be a competitive series -- #1 v #2.

Championship Final (Best of 5 Semi-Finals):

Championship Final (Best of 5 Semi-Finals):

Inagural Champions of the Asian League:
    Kokudo Ice Hockey Team

IHF Member

Collected Scores

Here my collected scores, regular season

25.09.04 Higashifushimi Kokudo Keikaku Golden Amur Khabarovsk 5:4
    25.09.04 Higashifushimi HC Nikko Icebucks Anyang Halla Winia 2:1 OT
    25.09.04 Harbin Harbin Ice Hockey Oji Seishi Tomakomai 2:8
    25.09.04 Qiqihar Qiqihar Nippon Paper Cranes 0:9
    26.09.04 Higashifushimi Kokudo Keikaku Anyang Halla Winia 3:2
    26.09.04 Higashifushimi HC Nikko Icebucks Golden Amur Khabarovsk 1:3
    26.09.04 Harbin Harbin Ice Hockey Nippon Paper Cranes 1:2
    26.09.04 Qiqihar Qiqihar Oji Seishi Tomakomai 3:10
    30.09.04 Anyang Anyang Halla Winia Harbin Ice Hockey 3:3 OT
    02.10.04 Kushiro Nippon Paper Cranes Kokudo Keikaku 5:4
    02.10.04 Nikko HC Nikko Icebucks Qiqihar 4:2
    02.10.04 Anyang Anyang Halla Winia Harbin Ice Hockey 8:2
    02.10.04 Khabarovsk Golden Amur Khabarovsk Oji Seishi Tomakomai 4:3
    03.10.04 Kushiro Nippon Paper Cranes Kokudo Keikaku 3:8
    03.10.04 Nikko HC Nikko Icebucks Qiqihar 6:0
    03.10.04 Anyang Anyang Halla Winia Harbin Ice Hockey 4:0
    03.10.04 Khabarovsk Golden Amur Khabarovsk Oji Seishi Tomakomai 4:4 OT
    05.10.04 Nikko HC Nikko Icebucks Qiqihar 7:1
    07.10.04 Higashifushimi Kokudo Keikaku Qiqihar 12:1
    07.10.04 Harbin Harbin Ice Hockey Golden Amur Khabarovsk 4:5
    08.10.04 Higashifushimi Kokudo Keikaku Qiqihar 12:1
    09.10.04 Hokkaido Oji Seishi Tomakomai Anyang Halla Winia 5:7
    09.10.04 Kushiro Nippon Paper Cranes HC Nikko Icebucks 5:2
    09.10.04 Harbin Harbin Ice Hockey Golden Amur Khabarovsk 1:4
    10.10.04 Shinyokohama Kokudo Keikaku Qiqihar 11:0
    10.10.04 Hokkaido Oji Seishi Tomakomai Anyang Halla Winia 3:3 OT
    10.10.04 Kushiro Nippon Paper Cranes HC Nikko Icebucks 8:0
    10.10.04 Harbin Harbin Ice Hockey Golden Amur Khabarovsk 0:4
    12.10.04 Hokkaido Oji Seishi Tomakomai HC Nikko Icebucks 3:1
    13.10.04 Hokkaido Oji Seishi Tomakomai HC Nikko Icebucks 4:1
    16.10.04 Shinyokohama Kokudo Keikaku Harbin Ice Hockey 9:2
    16.10.04 Qiqihar Qiqihar Anyang Halla Winia 0:4
    16.10.04 Khabarovsk Golden Amur Khabarovsk Nippon Paper Cranes 3:6
    17.10.04 Higashifushimi Kokudo Keikaku Harbin Ice Hockey 5:0
    17.10.04 Qiqihar Qiqihar Anyang Halla Winia 0:7
    17.10.04 Khabarovsk Golden Amur Khabarovsk Nippon Paper Cranes 3:1
    19.10.04 Higashifushimi Kokudo Keikaku Harbin Ice Hockey 12:3
    19.10.04 Qiqihar Qiqihar Anyang Halla Winia 0:3
    21.10.04 Nikko HC Nikko Icebucks Harbin Ice Hockey 1:3
    23.10.04 Hokkaido Oji Seishi Tomakomai Kokudo Keikaku 1:2
    23.10.04 Nikko HC Nikko Icebucks Harbin Ice Hockey 4:2
    23.10.04 Anyang Anyang Halla Winia Nippon Paper Cranes 1:2
    23.10.04 Khabarovsk Golden Amur Khabarovsk Qiqihar 18:1
    24.10.04 Hokkaido Oji Seishi Tomakomai Kokudo Keikaku 3:7
    24.10.04 Nikko HC Nikko Icebucks Harbin Ice Hockey 2:3
    24.10.04 Anyang Anyang Halla Winia Nippon Paper Cranes 1:4
    24.10.04 Khabarovsk Golden Amur Khabarovsk Qiqihar 9:1
    26.10.04 Khabarovsk Golden Amur Khabarovsk Qiqihar 11:1
    30.10.04 Kushiro Nippon Paper Cranes Oji Seishi Tomakomai 2:1
    30.10.04 Anyang Anyang Halla Winia HC Nikko Icebucks 5:2
    30.10.04 Khabarovsk Golden Amur Khabarovsk Kokudo Keikaku 4:3 OT
    31.10.04 Kushiro Nippon Paper Cranes Oji Seishi Tomakomai 10:1
    31.10.04 Anyang Anyang Halla Winia HC Nikko Icebucks 4:2
    31.10.04 Khabarovsk Golden Amur Khabarovsk Kokudo Keikaku 0:1
    05.11.04 Higashifushimi Kokudo Keikaku Nippon Paper Cranes 4:4 OT
    06.11.04 Higashifushimi Kokudo Keikaku Nippon Paper Cranes 1:1 OT
    06.11.04 Nikko HC Nikko Icebucks Golden Amur Khabarovsk 2:3
    06.11.04 Anyang Anyang Halla Winia Oji Seishi Tomakomai 5:9
    07.11.04 Nikko HC Nikko Icebucks Golden Amur Khabarovsk 2:4
    07.11.04 Anyang Anyang Halla Winia Oji Seishi Tomakomai 1:2
    12.11.04 Anyang Anyang Halla Winia Golden Amur Khabarovsk 2:1
    13.11.04 Hokkaido Oji Seishi Tomakomai Nippon Paper Cranes 2:5
    13.11.04 Nikko HC Nikko Icebucks Kokudo Keikaku 0:5
    13.11.04 Anyang Anyang Halla Winia Golden Amur Khabarovsk 4:1
    14.11.04 Hokkaido Oji Seishi Tomakomai Nippon Paper Cranes 4:3
    14.11.04 Nikko HC Nikko Icebucks Kokudo Keikaku 1:3
    18.11.04 Obihiro-no-mori Nippon Paper Cranes Harbin Ice Hockey 8:4
    19.11.04 Qiqihar Qiqihar Oji Seishi Tomakomai 2:9
    20.11.04 Kushiro Nippon Paper Cranes Harbin Ice Hockey 9:1
    20.11.04 Anyang Anyang Halla Winia Kokudo Keikaku 5:5 OT
    20.11.04 Qiqihar Qiqihar Oji Seishi Tomakomai 1:5
    20.11.04 Khabarovsk Golden Amur Khabarovsk HC Nikko Icebucks 4:2
    21.11.04 Kushiro Nippon Paper Cranes Harbin Ice Hockey 6:3
    21.11.04 Anyang Anyang Halla Winia Kokudo Keikaku 2:5
    21.11.04 Khabarovsk Golden Amur Khabarovsk HC Nikko Icebucks 2:0
    24.11.04 Hokkaido Oji Seishi Tomakomai Harbin Ice Hockey 8:1
    26.11.04 Misawa Kokudo Keikaku HC Nikko Icebucks 5:2
    26.11.04 Hokkaido Oji Seishi Tomakomai Harbin Ice Hockey 6:1
    26.11.04 Qiqihar Qiqihar Nippon Paper Cranes 0:3
    27.11.04 Sapporo Oji Seishi Tomakomai Harbin Ice Hockey 4:2
    27.11.04 Qiqihar Qiqihar Nippon Paper Cranes 3:8
    28.11.04 Morioka HC Nikko Icebucks Kokudo Keikaku 2:3
    04.12.04 Hokkaido Oji Seishi Tomakomai Golden Amur Khabarovsk 5:3
    04.12.04 Nikko HC Nikko Icebucks Nippon Paper Cranes 2:2 OT
    04.12.04 Anyang Anyang Halla Winia Qiqihar 7:1
    04.12.04 Harbin Harbin Ice Hockey Kokudo Keikaku 1:8
    05.12.04 Hokkaido Oji Seishi Tomakomai Golden Amur Khabarovsk 4:2
    05.12.04 Nikko HC Nikko Icebucks Nippon Paper Cranes 1:4
    05.12.04 Anyang Anyang Halla Winia Qiqihar 9:2
    05.12.04 Harbin Harbin Ice Hockey Kokudo Keikaku 0:7
    07.12.04 Anyang Anyang Halla Winia Qiqihar 8:1
    07.12.04 Harbin Harbin Ice Hockey Kokudo Keikaku 2:6
    08.12.04 Nagoya Oji Seishi Tomakomai Nippon Paper Cranes 1:4
    11.12.04 Shinyokohama Kokudo Keikaku Oji Seishi Tomakomai 1:4
    11.12.04 Kushiro Nippon Paper Cranes Anyang Halla Winia 5:1
    11.12.04 Qiqihar Qiqihar HC Nikko Icebucks 1:8
    11.12.04 Khabarovsk Golden Amur Khabarovsk Harbin Ice Hockey 9:0
    12.12.04 Shinyokohama Kokudo Keikaku Oji Seishi Tomakomai 3:4
    12.12.04 Kushiro Nippon Paper Cranes Anyang Halla Winia 3:1
    12.12.04 Qiqihar Qiqihar HC Nikko Icebucks 0:5
    12.12.04 Khabarovsk Golden Amur Khabarovsk Harbin Ice Hockey 14:0
    14.12.04 Qiqihar Qiqihar HC Nikko Icebucks 2:8
    14.12.04 Khabarovsk Golden Amur Khabarovsk Harbin Ice Hockey 8:1
    18.12.04 Nagano Kokudo Keikaku Anyang Halla Winia 5:4
    18.12.04 Kushiro Nippon Paper Cranes Golden Amur Khabarovsk 4:1
    18.12.04 Nikko HC Nikko Icebucks Oji Seishi Tomakomai 3:5
    19.12.04 Nagano Kokudo Keikaku Anyang Halla Winia 7:3
    19.12.04 Kushiro Nippon Paper Cranes Golden Amur Khabarovsk 3:3 OT
    19.12.04 Nikko HC Nikko Icebucks Oji Seishi Tomakomai 1:2 OT
    22.12.04 Kobe Nippon Paper Cranes Oji Seishi Tomakomai 3:2
    23.12.04 Qiqihar Qiqihar Golden Amur Khabarovsk 0:7
    25.12.04 Sapporo Nippon Paper Cranes HC Nikko Icebucks 5:2
    25.12.04 Sapporo Oji Seishi Tomakomai Kokudo Keikaku 0:1
    25.12.04 Harbin Harbin Ice Hockey Anyang Halla Winia 2:6
    25.12.04 Qiqihar Qiqihar Golden Amur Khabarovsk 2:12
    26.12.04 Sapporo Oji Seishi Tomakomai HC Nikko Icebucks 1:5
    26.12.04 Sapporo Nippon Paper Cranes Kokudo Keikaku 1:2
    26.12.04 Harbin Harbin Ice Hockey Anyang Halla Winia 4:5
    26.12.04 Qiqihar Qiqihar Golden Amur Khabarovsk 1:5
    28.12.04 Harbin Harbin Ice Hockey Anyang Halla Winia 2:4
    06.01.05 Higashifushimi Kokudo Keikaku Nippon Paper Cranes 2:4
    06.01.05 Harbin Harbin Ice Hockey HC Nikko Icebucks 3:5
    08.01.05 Harbin Qiqihar Kokudo Keikaku 1:7
    08.01.05 Harbin Harbin Ice Hockey HC Nikko Icebucks 3:2 OT
    08.01.05 Khabarovsk Anyang Halla Winia Oji Seishi Tomakomai 5:4 OT
    08.01.05 Khabarovsk Golden Amur Khabarovsk Nippon Paper Cranes 5:1
    09.01.05 Harbin Qiqihar Kokudo Keikaku 3:9
    09.01.05 Harbin Harbin Ice Hockey HC Nikko Icebucks 0:4
    09.01.05 Khabarovsk Anyang Halla Winia Nippon Paper Cranes 3:5
    09.01.05 Khabarovsk Golden Amur Khabarovsk Oji Seishi Tomakomai 3:4 OT
    11.01.05 Qiqihar Qiqihar Kokudo Keikaku 2:8
    11.01.05 Khabarovsk Golden Amur Khabarovsk Anyang Halla Winia 5:2
    12.01.05 Nikko HC Nikko Icebucks Nippon Paper Cranes 0:5
    13.01.05 Higashifushimi Kokudo Keikaku Oji Seishi Tomakomai 3:1
    15.01.05 Tokyo Nippon Paper Cranes Golden Amur Khabarovsk 1:3
    15.01.05 Tokyo Oji Seishi Tomakomai Anyang Halla Winia 5:3
    15.01.05 Tokyo Kokudo Keikaku HC Nikko Icebucks 1:3
    15.01.05 Qiqihar Qiqihar Harbin Ice Hockey 3:2
    16.01.05 Tokyo Oji Seishi Tomakomai Golden Amur Khabarovsk 4:2
    16.01.05 Tokyo Nippon Paper Cranes Anyang Halla Winia 6:6 OT
    16.01.05 Tokyo Kokudo Keikaku HC Nikko Icebucks 1:0
    16.01.05 Qiqihar Qiqihar Harbin Ice Hockey 2:3 OT
    18.01.05 Qiqihar Qiqihar Harbin Ice Hockey 0:4 (*)
    18.01.05 Nikko HC Nikko Icebucks Oji Seishi Tomakomai 2:5
    27.01.05 Harbin Harbin Ice Hockey Qiqihar 7:5
    29.01.05 Harbin Harbin Ice Hockey Qiqihar 6:3
    30.01.05 Harbin Harbin Ice Hockey Qiqihar 3:1
    18.02.05 Khabarovsk Golden Amur Khabarovsk Anyang Halla Winia 5:0
    19.02.85 Khabarovsk Golden Amur Khabarovsk Anyang Halla Winia 9:2
    24.02.05 Obihiro-no-mori Nippon Paper Cranes Qiqihar 11:0
    24.02.05 Anyang Anyang Halla Winia Golden Amur Khabarovsk 3:2
    25.02.05 Harbin Harbin Ice Hockey Oji Seishi Tomakomai 4:5
    26.02.05 Kushiro Nippon Paper Cranes Qiqihar 11:0
    26.02.05 Anyang Anyang Halla Winia HC Nikko Icebucks 4:4 OT
    26.02.05 Anyang Golden Amur Khabarovsk Kokudo Keikaku 4:2
    26.02.05 Harbin Harbin Ice Hockey Oji Seishi Tomakomai 4:3
    27.02.05 Kushiro Nippon Paper Cranes Qiqihar 11:1
    27.02.05 Harbin Golden Amur Khabarovsk HC Nikko Icebucks 6:0
    27.02.05 Anyang Anyang Halla Winia Kokudo Keikaku 2:3
    02.03.05 Asahikawa Oji Seishi Tomakomai Qiqihar 8:3
    04.03.05 Hokkaido Oji Seishi Tomakomai Qiqihar 12:1
    04.03.05 Harbin Harbin Ice Hockey Nippon Paper Cranes 1:7
    04.02.05 Higashifushimi Kokudo Keikaku Golden Amur Khabarovsk 2:2 OT
    05.03.05 Hokkaido Oji Seishi Tomakomai Qiqihar 7:1
    05.03.05 Nikko HC Nikko Icebucks Anyang Halla Winia 4:1
    05.03.06 Harbin Harbin Ice Hockey Nippon Paper Cranes 1:6
    06.03.05 Higashifushimi Kokudo Keikaku Golden Amur Khabarovsk 5:3
    06.03.05 Nikko HC Nikko Icebucks Anyang Halla Winia 5:1

(*) = game was stopped after 25.51, because Qiqihar was not willing to play again……

Finaltable and playoff scores are known - not added here.

:smart: :smart: :smart:
    Cheers, Franco

would there ever be a UAE team in this or is the standard too poor? i see they have an ice hockey association

Quote Originally Posted by Algerian_hockey_playa
    would there ever be a UAE team in this or is the standard too poor? i see they have an ice hockey association
    no, UAE has essentially amateurs teams, formed by so called "expats" and play hockey purely for fun.
    Asian League is a professional organization and Japan, Korea and China are the only countries with professionals teams.

Good question. I suspect that they will try to limit this league to teams that are relatively close geographically. It's fairly easy to travel within the China, Japan, South Korea sphere -- I caught several easy (and cheap) flights to Japan when I lived in South Korea. I'm not sure that this league -- right now -- can afford to have heavy costs associated with longer travel. They don't draw enough to justify the added expense right now. Only if a billionaire was really willing to bankroll such a team (and possibly subsidize the league) could I see it happening. Of course -- strictly my opinion.

I don't know how strong the UAE teams are. Anyone?

Welcome to the site Algerian_hockey_playa!! Glad you're aboard!

IHF Member
    I doubt it ... Hockey in most of these countries is only kept alive because of the large numbers of Europeans and North Americans there.

And our esteemed Québecois has answered my question on UAE teams. Thanks Q!!

Thanx Brimsek39,

does anyone think there could ever be professional hockey in UAE, as there is the money around for it in that region, and there is a large north american population there.

Japan and Australia advanced in the sport pretty quickly.

Kangwon Land team withdrew their application to join to the season of 2005-2006.
    The number limit of registration for import players to be revised.Pre-season games will be held in Harbin(China)

http://www.alhockey.com/

IHF Prospect
    I just picked this up through the grapevines... It was posted on the IIHF website, so I think it can be considered as true I guess...

'July 1 – STOCKHOLM -- A Swedish business group is planning to expand the newly introduced Asian Hockey League with a team be named as the Nordic Vikings. The team, which would mainly be made up of Swedish prospects, would be based in Beijing, China, reports the respected Swedish business daily Dagens Industri. The eight-team Asian Hockey League played its inaugural season in 2004-2005. Four teams were from Japan, two from China, one from Korea and one from Russia. The Swedish venture is to be managed by former player Shin Yahata-Larsson, who has played internationally for Japan, but who learned his hockey in Leksand, Sweden.'
    'Shoot Pucks, Not People'

Two Finnish players Riku Varjamo and Tommi Kela signed contract with Nordic Vikings.

Goalie Tommi Kela played last season with FPS in Mestis

Thread Information