Thread: marketing of women in the KHL

Banned

marketing of women in the KHL

I think it's fair to say that the KHL markets their cheerleadrs/dance quads too much.

What are your opinions on this?

Normally I wouldn't open this topic... but I ran into this and I can only say that it's going far too war.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...rn=nhl-wp11867

And if some people enjoy it then perhaps this topic could be a sort of repository for such material...

IHF Member
    Oh, another "not worth its own thread" thread.
    Is that even a problem? And in that video you can clearly see that they got their clothes on. Why so serious? It's hilarious video, props to them.

Edit: And I guess you also meant that playboy and khl competition. Well, the girl who won that now works on khl-tv, and I think she's doing pretty good. Good diction and she seems to be pretty well-educated as well. Link. So is there any negatives and why it's a bad thing?
    Last edited by ult; 06-09-2011 at 08:00.

Banned
    Ah I guess you're the type that's offended in another way - by the black boxes mmm? lol XD

While I think that cheerleaders in hockey games is an unnecessary extra and personally I couldn't care less if they actually are there or not, I think that article and the points made there are bullshit.

"This is the difference between the NHL and the KHL. The NHL is coy in its marketing of ice girls; the KHL not only releases a video of them semi-nude — you can clearly see the girls are covered up under the black bars, however — but doesn't even hide from selling sex."
    WTF!?
    You could argue that it maybe was a bit tasteless or maybe a bad joke but that's it. And where are they selling sex or have a sexual content in this video? When German 2nd league winners got to shower with a naked girl and it was all filmed and nothing was censored it was alright. But if KHL team has an interview with their cheerleaders with giant black boxes where their breasts are, then suddenly it's too much.
    Taro Tsujimoto, the greatest NHL player ever!

What I learn from this video? Ice hockey is attracting very hot Russian girls.

Its the KHL way of making funny videos. I don't really see a problem with that. I think its worse that the NHL makes advertisement for the US Army. ;)

Very nice!! I don't see any problems with this unless you guys are jealous ;)

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.692050,-73.978103

IHF Member
    Yeah, I think the thread should be renamed to "Not enough marketing of women in the KHL!"

Quote Originally Posted by ult View Post
    Yeah, I think the thread should be renamed to "Not enough marketing of women in the KHL!"
    Exactly !!!

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.691891,-73.978557

no i agree, although i liked it lol, but its true how they are using it to sell sex, and it seems to work from the excitement from comments above lol, but i think the main worry is younger children being able to watch this but than again that would be their parents problem

IHF Member
    Is it a Canadian thing or something? Being offended by the censored pictures of women in bikini? Shame on you. Though it doesn't surprise me. It reminds me of that story when one certain game was criticized for foul language, although the goal of that game is to kill people and tear them apart with tanks.
    Nudity? There is none. Younger children being able to watch this? On the internet? I'm afraid until they get to that video they'll see something much worse.

IHF Member
    I think society today seem to overvalue censorship as a way to protect children form important life skills like sex education.

I don't see anything wrong with that video at all

IHF Member
    I don't really see it as any different from the NHL - maybe just a bit more obvious. The NHL still has "ice girls" that are just as pointless and only meant to attract the simple minds.

It's something I wish would be taken out of the entire sport, not just the KHL. If I went to a women's hockey game I wouldn't want half naked men running and dancing around me so I'm sure women aren't a big fan of ice girls.

But of course men dominate society so it will never go away.

IHF Member Alessandro Seren Rosso's Avatar
    LOL what a bunch of hypocriticals. I am not a fan of "women marketing", and I don't really care about cheerleaders, I dont care, when I go to hockey, I go to hockey, the rest is not interesting to me. But the true hypocritical thing is that as someone pointed out, US Army ads are good, but women are not. LOL!
    My articles at The Hockey Writers

Quote Originally Posted by -Helix- View Post
    I don't really see it as any different from the NHL - maybe just a bit more obvious. The NHL still has "ice girls" that are just as pointless and only meant to attract the simple minds.

It's something I wish would be taken out of the entire sport, not just the KHL. If I went to a women's hockey game I wouldn't want half naked men running and dancing around me so I'm sure women aren't a big fan of ice girls.

100% agreed. I also find rather stupid having half-naked women going around, but I don't truly get all this OMG A WOMAN when we all know what today's tv is...

Quote Originally Posted by -Helix- View Post

ya i agree aswell, if you really wanna see half naked women so bad go to a beach, its useless for game just to get a couple guys over excited to see girls half naked

Quote Originally Posted by ult View Post
    Is it a Canadian thing or something? Being offended by the censored pictures of women in bikini?
    no of course im not offended its just pointless as said before

I agree it's pointless lol, I agree. I agree, if one is so hungry of half-naked women can go to a strip club. But still I don't get why OMG A WOMAN and then all the war, violence, etc, we get from television is "good".

Thread Information