Thread: R.I.P. Pavol Demitra

R.I.P. Pavol Demitra

I feel like we need a thread to remember Paľo.

Video from Trenčín stadium yesterday, the Tv commentator, a native of Trenčín was a friend of Demitra´s and had trouble fighting the tears

R.I.P. :(

As I already wrote in the Slovak league thread, the leadership has decided that all games next week will start with a minute of silence, all players and staff will wear black patches with #38 and game between Banská Bystrica and Dukla has been moved to Trenčín.

Additionally the Slvoak federation of ice-hockey has decided that all game in all of its leagues between from 8th to 14th September will start with a minute of silence for Demitra and all the other victims. They also demand that no reproducted music is played during intermissions and stopages of all these games. They also recommended to all the clubs to have a black flag on their winter stadium.

The najor of town Trenčín has announced that the winter stadium in Trenčín will be named after Pavol Demitra. Primary school in Dubnica nad Váhom also has plans for their school to be named after Demitra, who spend 8 years in the school while growing up.

IHF Prospect
    He surely was a huge hockey star we will cherish and remember due to his epic skills and critical thinking throughout the game. I almost cried myself out when watching some of the goals on world championship back in time, making the crowd cheer and shout loud his name when attacking the other goalmans territory . Thats why on my blog (www.hokejovavystroj.eu) I am ready to dedicate a section to his masterpiece hockey game plus post some new slovak legends players there and give them some respect and honor them.

Thread Information