Thread: Serbian players playing abroad

Banned

Serbian players playing abroad

This is a topic for Serbs and players of Serbian descent who are playing abroad.

I saw one topic starting to go offtrack, so I figured to limit that.

I will edit this first post to add anyone who someone mentions. For now...

Nemanja Vucurevic - playing in Sweden, in their second league
    Branko Mamic - playing in Sweden, in their second league
    Alen Bibic - playing in Sweden, in their second league
    Milan Gajic - playing in the ECHL

Quote Originally Posted by woppa View Post
    Nemanja Vucurevic - playing in Sweden, in their second league
    Branko Mamic - playing in Sweden, in their second league
    Serbian players aren't so good to play in Swedish second league Allsvenskan. They are playing in Division 2 which is fourth overall league in Sweden. And Vučurević isn't yet confirmed as a signing for his club.
    Hokej u Hrvatskoj ima svijetlu budućnost SAMO AKO mjerodavni ljudi rade svoj posao kako treba - Pršljen
    Hockey in Croatia has a bright future ONLY IF relevant people do their job right - Pršljen

IHF Prospect
    I'm proud of them!

Banned
    http://www.jamestownironmenhockey.com/
    quote-The Jamestown Ironmen have a new teammate for the season! Aleksa Lucovic, #10, is a new defenseman for the team. The native from Belgrade, Serbia is hoping to throw around his 6”4’, 205 lbs self to give the Ironmen the upper hand for the start of their home season.-quote

Quote Originally Posted by Pršljen View Post
    Serbian players aren't so good to play in Swedish second league Allsvenskan. They are playing in Division 2 which is fourth overall league in Sweden. And Vučurević isn't yet confirmed as a signing for his club.
    I guess I made a mistake.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ime i prezime: Aleksa Luković
    Datum i mesto rođenja:06.02.1992, Beograd
    Position: defender
    2008-2010 HK Crvena Zvezda,
    and 2011. HK Partizan.

Serbian hockey
    Senior 2A - U20 2B - U18 2B

Quote Originally Posted by BASSA View Post

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ime i prezime: Aleksa Luković
    Datum i mesto rođenja:06.02.1992, Beograd
    Position: defender
    2008-2010 HK Crvena Zvezda,
    and 2011. HK Partizan.

http://nahljamestown.stats.pointstre...gameid=1646679

That's the gamesheet from Jamestown's last game against Kalamazoo Wings (September 24th). Lukovic, #10, had one shot and 2 PIMs...

In two games so far, Lukovic has 1 shot, 4PIMs and is a -1.

Banned
    Bassa, perhaps the picture is a bit too big? At any rate, it's silly to emphasize HK Partizan because he did not play even one regular season game with them. He's always known as a Zvezda player, and naturally like most youth players in Serbia who are any good, he's not playing for Partizan but has gone abroad. :)

Steigs, is it possible to find his ice-time?

The league seems to use Pointstreak as their online stats forum, and while I'm pretty sure that TOI is available to use, it's not shown. Probably the league doesn't keep track.

The picture is fine, but as you say, I can't find any record of Lukovic playing any official games for Partizan (though he might have played some friendlies before moving to North America?)

Banned

Banned
    So there is some interesting news.

More good young players in Serbia have decided to go abroad to play. Clearly Partizan is not a good solution for them... it is not an alternative, and this club has treated these players badly because it is interested in its own interests rather than the interests of hockey in general. Talking to a contact, the guy said that Brkusanin will not play in Partizan because there was some argument among them.

Well anyways, here's some info: two youngsters signed to play for a Spanish team

http://www.bizkaialde.net/metropolit...ea-08-09-11/es

Marko Brkusanin, Serbian striker 22 years old
    Arsenije Rankovic, Serbian goalkeeper 19 years old

I am especially sorry for Rankovic, as Partizan kept him on the bench the entire past season. It's really a miserable way to treat any human being on a hockey team. But, the result is that he goes off to a better option, while Partizan pays the price by paying for an expensive imported goalie from abroad.

Banned
    It appears that Vucurevic joined Mamic's team.

They are in the top row, center.

Banned
    Marko Sretovic is going crazy in Swedish 2 division

5 goals in last game...

http://www.vanersborgshockey.se/vara..._1/nyheter/811

Banned
    Vucurevic leads HK Maribor, with ten points after nine game. http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.p...8&status=stats

Well, Marko Sretovic had a pleasant night toninght. His Vänersborg won against last-placed Skara with 11-2 and Marko had 5+4 this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by 211701
    So there is some interesting news.

More good young players in Serbia have decided to go abroad to play. Clearly Partizan is not a good solution for them... it is not an alternative, and this club has treated these players badly because it is interested in its own interests rather than the interests of hockey in general. Talking to a contact, the guy said that Brkusanin will not play in Partizan because there was some argument among them.

Well anyways, here's some info: two youngsters signed to play for a Spanish team

http://www.bizkaialde.net/metropolit...ea-08-09-11/es

Marko Brkusanin, Serbian striker 22 years old
    Arsenije Rankovic, Serbian goalkeeper 19 years old
    I'm glad that I read this comment, and I can see how the situation is in fact not so bad when some people are talking about hockey club Partizan. In Partizan we have young players who are playing second season in a row, and also many former players have returned to the club as far as I can see. Without young player there is no future, only what they need is to afford them conditions for competition, normal league, good coach, conditions for trainings,.. league who has rules, schedule, and teams that will respect the rules of competition.

Pavel Popravko play in Rus3, Marko Sretovic Swe4, Stefan Ilic Ita3 and Ita1, Robert Sabados Hun1, Nemanja Vucurevic Aut2,.. it's not so bad I think?
    Last edited by BASSA; 21-11-2013 at 11:04.
    Serbian hockey

Several players from Subotica, Belgrade and Novi Sad are playing for teams from Hungary (Mac, Ujpest) past few seasons .. Of course, in the younger categories (Jovan Feher, Ivan Anic, Pavle Podunavac, Uros Bjelogrlic, Sinisa Pajic, Miklos Gyurgyev (ex Nikola Djurdjev), Dominik Plavsic, Relja Radosavljevic, Andrej Zwick).
    Serbian hockey

Marko Sretovic extended the contract
    http://www.vanersborgshockey.se/vara..._1/nyheter/957

Vänersborgs HC kan idag meddela att man förlängt kontraktet med vår poängkung från serbien, Marko Sretovic. Marko som övertygat stort under säsongen kommer att spela i VHC - tröjan ytterligare 3 säsonger, något som glädjer oss väldigt mycket med tanke på att han varit ett hett villebråd bland våra konkurenter. Marko har tillsammans med Svante Flood var lagets bästa spelare under säsongen vilket inte minst visats sig i div 2 b:s totala poängliga. Marko blev till slut 3:a med 57 p och Svante 4:a med 52 p.

I och med Sretovic´s signatur sänder vi rätt signaler både internt och externt. Redan nu har arbetet påbörjats med nästa års representationslag.

Skrivet 2014-02-18 11:20:43 av Patrik Duretic, klubbchef.
    A-light-in-the-dark: Sofia Bulgaria, Skopje Macedonia, Sarajevo & Pristina :)

Interesting story about Serbian players in Hungary (help with google translate):
    http://sportgeza.hu/jegkorong/2014/0...sz_lenduletet/
    Serbian hockey

IHF Prospect
    Nemanja Vucurevic is now playing for Hammer Eisbären (Lippe Hockey Hamm) in the german third league (Oberliga West).

Ivan Glavonjic has moved to HASC. Going to look forward to seeing him live and how he does.

It is in lartvia?

Quote Originally Posted by partizanhk View Post
    It is in lartvia?
    Yeah Tukums HASC, rather new team as I understand it.

It is in lartvia?
    He had an assist in the first game. It seems like the weakest side in the league. However a great experience for a serbian player.
    You can follow the latvian league results on the latvian topic.

Jurmala by the way is great place by the sea! :)

Marko Sretovics in Vänersborg (SWE) season is slowly getting on the way. Two test-games so far and two victorys. Marko scored foor goals so far in ordinary time and a penalty in the shoot-out in the second game. But where is Milos Babic??

Quote Originally Posted by sloklo View Post
    He had an assist in the first game. It seems like the weakest side in the league. However a great experience for a serbian player.
    You can follow the latvian league results on the latvian topic.
    Yeah, they will once again this season be one of the weakest clubs in the league, they lack the talent and in some matches, just the knowledge to compete with the other, more experienced clubs. There were a few matches last season where they played a wonderful match and ending up following apart late. Will be the same this season, HS Rīga players are around the same age as HASC so they wont be as overclassed in those matches.
    Liepāja has had HASC number going back to last season for some reason, see how they bounce back against the defending Champions in their first home match of the season.

As well, Arsenije Rankovic is in the club.

Jurmala by the way is great place by the sea! :)
    Yup! Everybody listen to sloklo, he knows! :D

Nemanja Vucurevic in DEL2
    http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=34673

He is really hard working man with huge desire to become a good hockey player.
    Congratulations

Nemanja Vucurevic in DEL2
    http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=34673

He is really hard working man with huge desire to become a good hockey player.
    Congratulations
    Biggest transfer in Serbian hockey since Prokic from Zvezda to CSKA Moscow

Yes, I agree

Prokic was much talented and better player...but very bad injury cost him a career in profesional ice hockey.
    But that is history...

Vucurevic is really player who whanted something more...As you can see his CV..he really trying to succes in his career and i wish him all the best. He will do everything to succes in his career like ice hockey player...

Unfortunatly, Latvian club Tacums is bankrot. Glavonjic went to second Latvian league and Rankovic is now without a club

Prokic was much talented and better player...but very bad injury cost him a career in profesional ice hockey.
    But that is history...

Vucurevic is really player who whanted something more...As you can see his CV..he really trying to succes in his career and i wish him all the best. He will do everything to succes in his career like ice hockey player...
    Legendary( for Serbian fans) Ivan Prokic( interview of his life in America and his ice hockey career). Only on Serbian language.

First Vucurevic goal in DEL2

A-light-in-the-dark: Sofia Bulgaria, Skopje Macedonia, Sarajevo & Pristina :)

Thread Information