Thread: S korea jersey question:can someone translate the name on the front, arm and back ?

IHF Member

S korea jersey question:can someone translate the name on the front, arm and back ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120786102949

I am interested in this jersey here, but I dont exactly know what it says on the front, arm or back. I am guessing it says South Korea but have no clue. and the name on the back is probably the name of a player, which also makes me wonder if this is a national team jersey, what year is it from? It has to be early to mid 80s. I dont see any Tackla logos etc.. any help is MUCH appreciated

With the non-Latin lettering on the back, I'm thinking it wouldn't have been worn in an IIHF-sanctioned tournament. Maybe the Asian Winter Games somewhere along the line? Didn't Japan host a NT tournament for a few years as well?

My Korean isn't the best but it says something like Goang-Un in the front and Min Yong-Gi in the back which really should be players name. On the arm it says Goang-Un on top and IMO Jong on the bottom part which google translates to "zone". I am not really sure but my bet would go that it's some kind of a jersey representing some place Goangun in Korea. If it were natonal team jersey I suppose it should say something like Hangug.

Probably Crossmir can help you better.
    Taro Tsujimoto, the greatest NHL player ever!

I'd agree with itry with what it says on front and back, had a search but couldn't find anything about what it could be from
    Dinamo Riga | Manchester Phoenix | Boston Bruins | Lokomotiv 7th September 2011

Thread Information