Thread: Pavel Bure Playing for Spartak Moscow, Need some expert help please!

IHF Prospect

Pavel Bure Playing for Spartak Moscow, Need some expert help please!

Hello Everyone!

Long time member of a few other hockey forums, but recently discovered this awesome International Forum and was hoping I could get some expert help from some of the members here!

Below is an Article published on November 25th 1994:

Russian hockey stars Pavel Bure, Alexander Mogilny and Vyacheslav Fetisov teamed up for one last time in their native country, leading Spartak Moscow to a 4-2 win over Torpedo Jaroslavl in a Russian Interstate Hockey League charity game. The trio, who led an all-star team of Russians from North America's National Hockey League on a five-game tour here earlier this month, signed one-year contracts with Spartak allowing them to play in the game Wednesday and then to bow out at any time. Bure and Mogilny were due to fly back Thursday to the United States, while Fetisov was staying in Russia but was not sure whether he would continue to play for Spartak, Itar-Tass reported Thursday. Bure scored twice, once on an assist from Mogilny, to pace Spartak's victory, and Fetisov assisted on another goal. Spartak president Gelani Tovbulatov said the NHL players' participation was a gesture of good will. They had already planned to fly back to America but we asked them to stay especially for this match and they agreed," Tovbulatov said in a telephone interview Thursday. Proceeds from the match go to the veterans of the war in Afghanistan, he added. But don't look for Mogilny ,the Buffalo Sabres' star forward, and Bure, the Vancouver Canucks' marquee scorer, to continue playing in the Russian league. "This game will be the only one," Vladimir Igoshin, chairman of the organizing committee for the NHL players' tour, said.

So, Fetisov, Bure and Mogilny came and played 1 game only for Spartak Moscow and from what I understand apparently Pavel was asked to change his jersey after the 1st period from the #010 to another jersey #32. I would really like to know if this was true or not and am trying to find an article or even better a photo to prove he wore this #010 jersey.

I am hoping someone here either has old photo's/video/articles that reference this.
    The game itself was played November 23rd 1994.

Thanks everyone for any help you can give me!
    Last edited by chow_hound; 05-03-2012 at 19:54.

IHF Prospect
    Some new information added above. Please anyone who has photo/video or article information about Pavel Bure and the jersey change from this game, I am very interested!

IHF Prospect
    Anybody???

IHF Prospect
    Any updates???

Thread Information