View Poll Results: Which team will be promoted, which will be relegated (choose one each)?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • POL to promote

    31 86.11%
  • ROM to promote

    0 0%
  • NED to promote

    0 0%
  • LIT to promote

    2 5.56%
  • KOR to promote

    4 11.11%
  • AUS to promote

    0 0%
  • POL to be relegated

    0 0%
  • ROM to be relegated

    10 27.78%
  • NED to be relegated

    2 5.56%
  • LIT to be relegated

    5 13.89%
  • KOR to be relegated

    2 5.56%
  • AUS to be relegated

    16 44.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 151 to 170 of 170

Thread: 2012 IIHF World Championship, D.I, Group B, Krynica, POLAND, 15-21 April 2012

  1. #151
    IHF Member Oleg A's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    89
    And what about Lithuania, Holland, Poland and Romania? Any news from domestic federations? will they apply for host 1 B 2013 or only Ukraine applying?
    Last edited by Oleg A; 23-04-2012 at 14:48.

  2. #152
    IHF Member Karvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Krakow, Poland
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by Murach86 View Post
    That`s not possible. The gap between Poland and teams like Romania, Lithuania or Estonia is hugh. Sure Polish hockey is in a bad situation but the results of the u18, 20 teams aren`t so bad that you could compare Poland with these teams...
    Let me get it straight - you are talking about our U20 team taking 4th place in div Ib (III level) and U18 that was extremely lucky not to be relegated from Ib this year? Yeah their results are simply brilliant...
    The bottom line is our national team rests on shoulders of players in their 30ties, the younger don' take responsibility from them, and Laszkiewicz, Sarnik, Slabon, Borzecki, Csorich, Zapala are not getting younger. Sanok players had a good league season and very bad championship, it turned out that it was foreigners that carried them. Well looking at the final of our league it was Vozdecki, Mojzis, Vitek, Kostuch that made the difference. Looking at playoff stats in our league out of top ten scorers 7 of them were foreigners. Our team played only one good period in a game that meant something (Korea). That's why I see the future of the sport in Poland in very dark colors...
    1937, 1946, 1947, 1948, 1949, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013 magical championship years for Cracovia

  3. #153
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Nuremberg
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by Karvin View Post
    Let me get it straight - you are talking about our U20 team taking 4th place in div Ib (III level) and U18 that was extremely lucky not to be relegated from Ib this year? Yeah their results are simply brilliant...
    The bottom line is our national team rests on shoulders of players in their 30ties, the younger don' take responsibility from them, and Laszkiewicz, Sarnik, Slabon, Borzecki, Csorich, Zapala are not getting younger. Sanok players had a good league season and very bad championship, it turned out that it was foreigners that carried them. Well looking at the final of our league it was Vozdecki, Mojzis, Vitek, Kostuch that made the difference. Looking at playoff stats in our league out of top ten scorers 7 of them were foreigners. Our team played only one good period in a game that meant something (Korea). That's why I see the future of the sport in Poland in very dark colors...
    You can`t compare the youth divisons with the senior level. In U18,20 tournaments there are only 10 teams in the top divison what means that 6 teams are distributed to the lower divisions....but you are right the leaders are in their 30ties and thats a bad sign.
    I didn`t say the youth teams did great results in the last years but the skill level is clearly to high to fight against relegation with teams like Romania, Lithuania, Australia and Estonia next year.

  4. #154
    IHF Member LegiaNR1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagratid View Post
    I think you might also be slightly biased on this matter.
    I stated in my above posts Poland played horrible in their last two games and didn't deserve promotion based on their performance. However they were robbed of that goal. Trust me I'm very aware of the situation in Polish hockey, I'm not some blind biased supporter.

  5. #155
    IHF Prospect
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by LegiaNR1 View Post
    I stated in my above posts Poland played horrible in their last two games and didn't deserve promotion based on their performance. However they were robbed of that goal. Trust me I'm very aware of the situation in Polish hockey, I'm not some blind biased supporter.
    Sorry dude, but there is no way that that puck was over the line. And I like Poland very much.

  6. #156
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Britain
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by LegiaNR1 View Post
    I stated in my above posts Poland played horrible in their last two games and didn't deserve promotion based on their performance. However they were robbed of that goal. Trust me I'm very aware of the situation in Polish hockey, I'm not some blind biased supporter.
    Coming from a completely neutral point of view, there is no way that puck fully crossed the line

  7. #157
    IHF Member LegiaNR1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by britlight View Post
    Coming from a completely neutral point of view, there is no way that puck fully crossed the line
    I'm convinced, so are you. Guess we'll agree to disagree on this one.
    Like was stated above the worrying thing is this Polish team was completely dependent on guys already well passed their prime, one of our best young players Damian Kapica didn't play much, when he did he seemed a bit lost on the ice and had trouble keeping up w/ the pace, which let's face it wasn't that fast.
    Many of our "upper tier" players in the league get compensated very well, in fact some on par w/ top players in the Czech and Slovak leagues, where-as the level isn't even close. This is one aspect that makes some of the young players settle for playing in Poland rather than developing their talents in other leagues. They can be top players and earn just as much in Poland as elsewhere, but w/ out the higher level of competition. I just wish more sports publications and newspapers in Poland were paying attention to this failure, to maybe in some way light a fire and make people realize hockey is dying in Poland.

  8. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by LegiaNR1 View Post
    Many of our "upper tier" players in the league get compensated very well, in fact some on par w/ top players in the Czech and Slovak leagues, where-as the level isn't even close. This is one aspect that makes some of the young players settle for playing in Poland rather than developing their talents in other leagues. They can be top players and earn just as much in Poland as elsewhere, but w/ out the higher level of competition.
    Some guys just like to be a big fish in a small pond instead of being a smaller fish in a bigger pond. This not only happens in Poland. I would love to see some guys from The Netherlands move to bigger, better leagues, but some don't want to leave their comfort zone.
    You can be sincere and still be stupid - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

  9. #159
    IHF Member LegiaNR1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    75
    This is what the Polish coach Wiktor Pysz had to say after the huge failure at the WC

    http://sport.onet.pl/zimowe/hokej/ho...wiadomosc.html

    For those who don't speak Polish, he's saying none of this is his fault. He said he was encouraged by the teams play and feels like he can do a lot w/ this team. He is also saying he has no plan on stepping down, and feels he is still needed as coach.

    These are the kind of people who don't care about developing and growing the sport in Poland, they just want to keep their position no matter what. Typical communist style mentality, results don't matter only seniority. No words can describe my frustration.

  10. #160
    IHF Staff Graham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    4,245
    Quote Originally Posted by LegiaNR1 View Post
    He said he was encouraged by the teams play and feels like he can do a lot w/ this team.
    That's what you say when you have a young, inexperienced squad. It's not what you should be saying about a team where only 7 players were under 25.

    Graham.
    "It's very hard to talk quantum using a language originally designed to tell other monkeys where the ripe fruit is."
    ---
    "Night Watch", Terry Pratchett

  11. #161
    IHF Member spartapraga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Aquileia UD
    Posts
    276
    http://www.eurohockey.com/article/15...lithuania.html

    ...After the disappointing campaign at World Championship in Poland [...] Lithuanian players, included Federation President defender Petras Nauseda, now face serious accusations from the Russian coach Sergei Borisov: "Strip bars, discos. It was a total chaos - said Borisov at 15.lt portal - Players had fun at night and passed the day sleeping. They just came to Poland to relax and have fun instead of playing hockey. I don't know how much they drink - a glass of beer, two or more. But I know that they went back to sleep at 03 or 05 o'clock in the morning, even I bind all of to be in bed at 23.00. Players should be proud to defend the Lithuanian honor"...

  12. #162
    IHF Member Pršljen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dubrovnik, Croatia
    Posts
    2,244
    Suddenly we know reason why Lithuania was undeperforming at the tournament. And Australians must be even more disappointed witht heir failure in match against them.
    Hokej u Hrvatskoj ima svijetlu budućnost SAMO AKO mjerodavni ljudi rade svoj posao kako treba - Pršljen
    Hockey in Croatia has a bright future ONLY IF relevant people do their job right - Pršljen

  13. #163
    IHF Staff Marc Brunengraber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Islip, New York
    Posts
    9,944
    Hey, at least it sounds like Poland has some good nightlife...... :-)

    As for the Poland-Korea goal dispute, it sure looked like it was completely over the line at the 1:16 mark in the video......to me, Poland got robbed of a goal.

  14. #164
    IHF Member Bennison's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Hagestad, Sweden
    Posts
    3,184
    Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet has an article on how the Romanian coach Tom Skinner gives the players an earful after their 10-0 loss to Poland. Complete with a one minute film clip of him shouting and banging a club against things.
    Cum bibam cervisiam gaudeo.

  15. #165
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    355
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennison View Post
    Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet has an article on how the Romanian coach Tom Skinner gives the players an earful after their 10-0 loss to Poland. Complete with a one minute film clip of him shouting and banging a club against things.
    A stick or a club? I hope it was a club. Not enough people use clubs for motivation these days.
    Melbourne Ice - Chicago Blackhawks - HK Gladiators Trnava - Dukla Trencin - Újpesti TE - Ak Bars Kazan

  16. #166
    IHF Staff Graham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    4,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Brunengraber View Post
    Hey, at least it sounds like Poland has some good nightlife...... :-)
    Having spent a week in Krynica for the u18s a couple of years ago, I'm struggling to work out where they were partying. Admittedly, the town was in mourning while I was there. But, even so...

    Graham.
    "It's very hard to talk quantum using a language originally designed to tell other monkeys where the ripe fruit is."
    ---
    "Night Watch", Terry Pratchett

  17. #167
    IHF Member Bennison's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Hagestad, Sweden
    Posts
    3,184
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagratid View Post
    A stick or a club? I hope it was a club. Not enough people use clubs for motivation these days.
    A stick... The Swedish word is "(hockey-)klubba" which lead to a slip of the fingers... *smile*
    Cum bibam cervisiam gaudeo.

  18. #168
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Brunengraber View Post
    Hey, at least it sounds like Poland has some good nightlife...... :-)
    I was in Krynica in this tournament, and really the nightlife during the week was at a high level : )

  19. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagratid View Post
    A stick or a club? I hope it was a club. Not enough people use clubs for motivation these days.
    Nothing beats the ol' Cricket Bat...

    You can be sincere and still be stupid - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

  20. #170
    IHF Staff Steigs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    8,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Brunengraber View Post
    Hey, at least it sounds like Poland has some good nightlife...... :-)

    As for the Poland-Korea goal dispute, it sure looked like it was completely over the line at the 1:16 mark in the video......to me, Poland got robbed of a goal.
    Remember it was a few inches off the ice. Hard to tell at that point, considering the video angles available.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •