Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2012 IIHF U18 Div.IIA Championship - Heerenveen, Netherlands; 31st-6th.Mar/Apr.

Day 3-Game 8

Romania - Great Britain 3:2 (1:0, 2:1, 0:1)
    1:0 - 07.45 Szabolcs Hildebrand (M.Biro) PP2
    1:1 - 23.50 Ross Venus (Rose)
    2:1 - 27.10 Szabolcs Hildebrand(2) (Okos) PP1
    3:1 - 28.39 Csanad Okos (Tranca)
    3:2 - 48.42 Jordan Cownie (Clements, Godfrey) PP1
    PIM: 6x2 - 6x2 SOG: 50-40 Att: 123
    Goalkeepers: Zoltan Toke 38/40 - Patrick Russell 47/50
    Ref: Alexander Sergeev (RUS) Linesmen: Louis Beelen (NED), Ramon Sterkens (NED)
    ROU: Toke Zoltan; Hodos Detre, Bors Huba, Tranca Daniel +C, Okos Csanad, Hildebrand Szabolcs, Tamas Nandor, Biro Gergo +A, Biro Matyas, Sallo Alpar, Peter Balazs, Oprea Daniel, Egyed Robert, Dumitru Dennis +A, Gecse Hugo, Molnar Zoltan, Bocu Florian, Nagy Tamas, Popa Anton
    GBR: Russell Patrick; Godfrey Samuel +A, Clements David +C, Venus Ross, Chamberlain Bobby, Cownie Jordan, Sullivan Zach, Russell Benjamin, Rose Daniel, Taylor Floyd +A, Harley Harry, Wallace James, Balmer Declan, Hook Lewis, Knell Elliot, Webb Ryan, Garrity Thomas, Dacres Myles, Pitchley Jake

Great, great win by Croatia. It was pleasure to watch how they are playing, how smartly control the game. Croatia was simply better team tonight, they hold lesson on the ice. Players from Croatia are bigger, and technically better, and they realy deserved to stay in Division 2a. We have question now, what will they do with some little better conditions in Croatia - not need conditions like in Netherlands. My hat down for play, clear 10+.

On the other side Netherlands looks like out of head, they don't found answer how to play against stronger opponent. All over the game that was just put the puck in Croatian area and struggle for position, it was not enough for something better.

p.s.
    If there is opportunity I am also interested for Croatian passeport.
    Last edited by BASSA; 04-04-2012 at 00:07.
    Serbian hockey
    Senior 2A - U20 2B - U18 2B

Day 3-Game 9

Netherlands - Croatia 2:3 (1:2, 0:1, 1:0)
    0:1 - 03.50 Ivan Jankovic (Jarcov) PP1
    1:1 - 09.57 Reno de Hondt (Knoren, Snijder) PP1
    1:2 - 10.48 Jan Novotny
    1:3 - 34.11 Filip Jarcov (Jankovic)
    2:3 - 57.49 Tony Ras (Marx, Verreijen)
    PIM: 6x2 - 6x2 SOG: 27-27 Att: 411
    Goalkeepers: Jan-Willem Groenheijde 24/27 - Ivan Stimac Rojtinic 25/27
    Ref: Zhanyong Wang (CHN) Linesmen: Simon Wust (SUI), Maarten van den Acker (BEL)
    NED: Groenheijde Jan-Williem; Hoekstra Mark, Zwartbol Luke, Marx Tom +A, Staps Cas, Stempher Danny, Bakker Koen, van Haren Rick +A, van Hoorn Rocco, Verreijen Joey, van der Schuit Raymond, Gloudemans Willem, van Gestel Boet, Knoren Jordy, Menting Davey, Borgman Thomas, Voorn Thijs, Ras Tony +C, de Hondt Reno, Snijder Sebastiaan, Henriks Jesse
    CRO: Stimac Rojtinic Ivan; Kegalj Bruno, Boric Toni, Jarcov Filip, Simunovic Ivan, Jankovic Ivan, Kapetanic Domagoj, Jazbec Josip, Milicic Matija, Szabo David, Cerinski Viktor, Kovacek Tin, Ruzic Luka, Martinic Mislav, Novotny Jan, Boric Luka, Raknic Tommy, Cerovecki Robert, Sakic Marko +C, Vukoja Luka +A

Quote Originally Posted by Oz View Post
    If Lithuania will win, then I say yes, it is, but if Romania will take it, I believe it's still wide open, because I don't think Romania will finish this tournament without slipping up at least once. They're not that good.
    I love when I'm so right. Korea just beat Romania.

Day 4-Game 10

Korea - Romania 4:3 (1:0, 2:1, 1:2)
    1:0 - 19.00 Geonwoo Kim (D.G.Lee, Y.Kim)
    2:0 - 23.23 Geonwoo KIm(2) S.H.Lee, D.G.Kim) PP1
    2:1 - 25.32 Zoltan Molnar (Hodos, Egyed) SH1
    3:1 - 26.03 Dong Gun Lee (Y.Kim, Hong) PP1
    4:1 - 44.07 Chongjae Lee (Jeon)
    4:2 - 44.58 Csanad Okos (Tranca, Hildebrand)
    4:3 - 46.04 Csanad Okos(2) (Hildebrand, Tranca) PP1
    PIM: 18x2 - 12x2 SOG: 30-47 Att: 191
    Goalkeepers: Yeonseung Lee 44/47 - Otto Onodi 26/30
    Ref: Peter Haxell (NZL) Linesmen: Louis Beelen (NED), Andreas Kowert (GER)
    KOR: Lee Yeonseung; Hong Seongyoung, Kim Geonwoo, Lee Dong Gun +C, Kim Younghoon, Lee Seung Hyuk, Kim Youngjun, Chun Sukyoung +A, Yoon Jaehyun +A, Jeon Jung Woo, Lee Chongjae, Oh Min Suk, Oh Gi Ryun, Kim Hyungkyeum, Jing Min Kyu, Kim Tae Ho, Jeong Hyeon Bin, Kim Young Wook, Kim Yujin, Bang Jun Young
    ROU: Onodi Otto; Hodos Detre, Bors Huba, Tranca Daniel +C, Okos Csanad, Hildebrand Szabolcs, Tamas Nandor, Biro Gergo +A, Biro Matyas, Sallo Alpar, Peter Balazs, Nagy Tamas, Egyed Robert, Gecse Hugo, Popa Anton, Molnar Zoltan, Bocu Florian, Oprea Daniel, Dumitru Dennis +A

South Korea now controls their own destiny. They will promote with a regulation time win over Great Britain on Friday.
    Last edited by Kiraly; 04-04-2012 at 18:18. Reason: Replaced "tomorrow" with "on Friday"

Korea has been strong this tournament. They've beaten the teams you'd consider strongest (LTU, ROM, CRO) and with one game left they are currently at the top of the standings.
    With the improvements of their senior team, and 2018 coming on fast, I suspect we'll see Korea make bigger strides in their junior program over the next few years to try and show well there.

Quote Originally Posted by Steigs View Post
    Korea has been strong this tournament. They've beaten the teams you'd consider strongest (LTU, ROM, CRO) and with one game left they are currently at the top of the standings.
    With the improvements of their senior team, and 2018 coming on fast, I suspect we'll see Korea make bigger strides in their junior program over the next few years to try and show well there.
    I generally agree with you, though I don't think that Korea is that good actually, I'd partially attribute their success to the fact that their roster is the oldest in the division by a fair margin. I'm not taking anything away from Koreans, but 4 out 5 oldest players in tournament are theirs, and their team on average is more than year older than currently second placed Lithuanian roster. It could mean nothing in long term, but it's reasonable to think that other teams like Lithuania has more potential in future.

I generally agree with you, though I don't think that Korea is that good actually, I'd partially attribute their success to the fact that their roster is the oldest in the division by a fair margin. I'm not taking anything away from Koreans, but 4 out 5 oldest players in tournament are theirs, and their team on average is more than year older than currently second placed Lithuanian roster. It could mean nothing in long term, but it's reasonable to think that other teams like Lithuania has more potential in future.
    You can explain it in two ways. One could also conclude that Lithuania lacks depth in their youth development program, as they have to resort to 14-, 15- and 16-year-olds to fill their U18 roster, whereas Korea can suffice with only 17- and 18-year-olds.
    You can be sincere and still be stupid - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Quote Originally Posted by Ro Herregraven View Post
    You can explain it in two ways. One could also conclude that Lithuania lacks depth in their youth development program, as they have to resort to 14-, 15- and 16-year-olds to fill their U18 roster, whereas Korea can suffice with only 17- and 18-year-olds.
    I see what you mean, but, when these two teams met head to head, Lithuania still won (though in SO) without that depth and with quite a younger team. To me it's an indication that there might be more talant on Lithuanian roster than Korean. Korea's depth, experience, age will help win tournaments now, but when it's all said and done, there will be more future pro's on Lithuanian roster than Korean.

Day 4-Game 11

Great Britain - Croatia 6:0 (2:0, 2:0, 2:0)
    1:0 - 04.33 Harry Harley (Taylor, Rose)
    2:0 - 16.57 Ross Venus (Cownie, Chamberlain)
    3:0 - 27.53 Floyd Taylor (Cownie, Harley)
    4:0 - 31.44 Bobby Chamberlain (Balmer, Venus)
    5:0 - 49.07 Jordan Cownie PP1
    6:0 - 57.04 Bobby Chamberlain(2) (Sullivan, Cownie)
    PIM: 3x2 - 3x2 SOG: 26-24 Att: 101
    Goalkeepers: Daniel Lane 24/24 - Ivan Stimac Rojtinic 15/19 (Marko Perojevic 5/7)
    Ref: Alexander Sergeev (RUS) Linesmen: Ramon Sterkens (NED), Simon Wust (SUI)
    GBR: Lane Daniel; Godfrey Samuel +A, Clements David +C, Venus Ross, Chamberlain Bobby, Cownie Jordan, Sullivan Zach, Russell Benjamin, Rose Daniel, Taylor Floyd +A, Harley Harry, Garrity Thomas, Wallace James, Balmer Declan, Hook Lewis, Knell Elliot, Dacres Myles, Pitchley Jake, Webb Ryan
    CRO: Stimac Rojtinic Ivan (25.51 Perojevic Marko); Boric Luka, Skrapec Roman +A, Ruzic Luka, Jarcov Filip, Jazbec Josip, Cerinski Viktor, Kapetanic Domagoj, Kovacek Tin, Milicic Matija, Sakic Marko +C, Kegalj Bruno, Raknic Tommy, Simunovic Ivan, Martinic Mislav, Vukoja Luka +A, Boric Toni, Cerovecki Robert, Szabo David, Novotny Jan, Jankovic Ivan

I see what you mean, but, when these two teams met head to head, Lithuania still won (though in SO) without that depth and with quite a younger team. To me it's an indication that there might be more talant on Lithuanian roster than Korean. Korea's depth, experience, age will help win tournaments now, but when it's all said and done, there will be more future pro's on Lithuanian roster than Korean.
    Also not necessraily true.
    Korea does have two professional teams, and I've heard a rumour at one point that a third might come into being before 2018. Lithuania currently has one team that might be considered semi-pro at best (Energija). Koreans would thus have a lot more opportunities to play professional hockey in their two-three home clubs than Lithuanians, who would more likely have to find spots as imports elsewhere.
    That being said, yes Lithuania does have a few bright youngsters, but who knows how LTU would fare in a game next year where they lose a few older players, where they might not have a bright young player to fill that spot, and where Korea once again ice a roster of older players. This should be evident in that two of the three big scorers for LTU are '94s, so next year the team will likely have one big scorer but be weaker overall. Korea has one of their few '95s as a top scorer, as well as both goalies, but when they are strengthened by other 95s next year and maybe a strong 96 or two, I expect them to be at similar strength.

The biggest problem with lack of depth is that if you're relying on four class years' to fill one roster, you might have two strong class years but after that two weak ones, and you're stuck playing with one or two lines. If you have players to fill a roster with a single class year, every year, you then have the ability to either go with that class year, or to sprinkle in the best younger players and strengthen that roster even more. Greater depth will give you a great advantage as you have the ability to ice three or four competitive lines whereas a thinner team might only have two lines, or a line and a half, through four class years. That'll wear you down during a short intense tournament, as we saw in the Romania game.

The Netherlands will be relegated to Division IIB next year, but I think they will be back up after next year. Lithuania keeps its slim hopes alive. Regardless of who wins promotion, I don't see them sticking in Division IB, which oddly enough seems to be as competitive as Division IA, with the exception of Slovakia.

Day 4-Game 12

Lithuania - Netherlands 5:3 (1:0, 1:3, 3:0)
    1:0 - 04.49 Dominykas Deksnys (Bogdziul, I.Cetvertak) PP1
    1:1 - 21.58 Luke Zwartbol (Knoren, Hendriks)
    1:2 - 22.43 Reno de Hondt (Ras, Gloudemans)
    2:2 - 35.24 Ugnius Cizas (Rastenis, Bogdziul)
    2:3 - 36.56 Jesse Henriks (Knoren)
    3:3 - 49.03 Danielius Nomanovas (Gintautas)
    4:3 - 50.13 Daniel Bogdziul (Mikalauskas)
    5:3 - 59.29 Paulius Gintautas EN
    PIM: 5x2 - 3x2+2x5x20 SOG: 24-20 Att: 341
    Goalkeepers: Donatas Zukovas 17/20 - Jan-Willem Groenheijde 19/23
    Ref: Tommy Soestumoen (NOR) Linesmen: Lei Feng (CHN), Maarten van den Acker (BEL)
    LTU: Zukovas Donatas; Rastenis Vaidotas, Cypas Domantas, Gorelis Simonas, Bazys Rokas, Boroska Edvinas, Mikalauskas Dalius, Kirilovas Kostas, Cizas Ugnius, Gintautas Paulius, Nomanovas Danielius, Bacevicius Rokas +A, Protcenko Edgar, Deksnys Dominykas +A, Cetvertak Ilja, Bogdziul Daniel +C, Bazevicius Ervinas, Bisturys Dominykas, Marcinkevicius Mantas, Cetvertak Deivid
    NED: Groenheijde Jan-Willem; Bakker Koen, Ras Tony +C, Zwartbol Luke, de Hondt Reno, Snijder Sebastiaan, Hoekstra Mark, van Haren Rick +A, Marx Tom +A, van der Scuit Raymond, Stempher Danny, van Gestel Boet, Voorn Thijs, Knoren Jordy, Menting Davey, Hendriks Jesse, Gloudemans Willem, van Hoorn Rocco, Staps Cas, Verreijen Joey, Borgman Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Steigs View Post
    Also not necessraily true.
    Korea does have two professional teams, and I've heard a rumour at one point that a third might come into being before 2018. Lithuania currently has one team that might be considered semi-pro at best (Energija). Koreans would thus have a lot more opportunities to play professional hockey in their two-three home clubs than Lithuanians, who would more likely have to find spots as imports elsewhere.
    That being said, yes Lithuania does have a few bright youngsters, but who knows how LTU would fare in a game next year where they lose a few older players, where they might not have a bright young player to fill that spot, and where Korea once again ice a roster of older players. This should be evident in that two of the three big scorers for LTU are '94s, so next year the team will likely have one big scorer but be weaker overall. Korea has one of their few '95s as a top scorer, as well as both goalies, but when they are strengthened by other 95s next year and maybe a strong 96 or two, I expect them to be at similar strength.

The biggest problem with lack of depth is that if you're relying on four class years' to fill one roster, you might have two strong class years but after that two weak ones, and you're stuck playing with one or two lines. If you have players to fill a roster with a single class year, every year, you then have the ability to either go with that class year, or to sprinkle in the best younger players and strengthen that roster even more. Greater depth will give you a great advantage as you have the ability to ice three or four competitive lines whereas a thinner team might only have two lines, or a line and a half, through four class years. That'll wear you down during a short intense tournament, as we saw in the Romania game.
    I do think that every next Lithuanian birthyear will be better than pre-93/94 birthyear just like in Latvia, because Lithuania will feed of the Latvian arena boom ten years ago. Just look at Bogdziul , representing the arena of Liepaja or Deksnys representing Daugavpils.

The host is relegated with 3 points behind Croatia and loss against them. They can now only make things harder for Romania and it's plans for promotion.
    Hokej u Hrvatskoj ima svijetlu budućnost SAMO AKO mjerodavni ljudi rade svoj posao kako treba - Pršljen
    Hockey in Croatia has a bright future ONLY IF relevant people do their job right - Pršljen

Day 5-Game 13

Croatia - Lithuania 0:6 (0:3, 0:1, 0:2)
    0:1 - 01.50 Ilja Cetvertak (Bogdziul) PP1
    0:2 - 05.19 Daniel Bogdziul (Kirilovas)
    0:3 - 06.20 Dominykas Bisturys (Marcinkevicius)
    0:4 - 32.08 Daniel Bogdziul(2) (I.Cetvertak, Deksnys)
    0:5 - 44.08 Paulius Gintautas (Nomanovas, Cizas) PP1
    0:6 - 59.26 Danielius Nomanovas (Cizas)
    PIM: 5x2 - 2x2 SOG: 29-34 Att: 86
    Goalkeepers: Marko Perojevic 2/5 (Ivan Stimac Rojtinic 26/29) - Simas Baltrunas 29/29
    Ref: Peter Haxell (NZL) Linesmen: Louis Beelen (NED), Lei Feng (CHN)
    CRO: Perojevic Marko (53.40 Stimac Rojtinic Ivan); Kegalj Bruno, Boric Toni, Cerovecki Robert, Sakic Marko +C, Vukoja Luka +A, Skrapec Roman +A, Kapetanic Domagoj, Kovacek Tin, Ruzic Luka, Novotny Jan, Boric Luka, Raknic Tommy, Jarcov Filip, Simunovic Ivan, Jankovic Ivan, Cerinski Viktor, Jazbec Josip, Milicic Matija, Martinic Mislav, Szabo David
    LTU: Baltrunas Simas; Rastenis Vaidotas, Cypas Domantas, Gorelis Simonas, Boroska Edvinas, Baltrukonis Mauras, Mikalauskas Dalius, Kirilovas Kostas, Cizas Ugnius, Gintautas Paulius, Nomanovas Danielius, Bacevicius Rokas +A, Protcenko Edgar, Deksnys Dominykas +A, Cetvertak Ilja, Bogziul Daniel +C, Bazevicius Ervinas, Bisturys Dominykas, Marcinkevicius Mantas, Cetvertak Deivid

Well, Lithuania did their part, now they have to root for GB.

Day 5-Game 14

Great Britain - Korea 3:4 (0:3, 1:1, 2:0)
    0:1 - 02.07 Hyungkyeum Kim (Jeon)
    0:2 - 05.09 Youngjun Kim (Yoon, Jeon)
    0:3 - 19.43 Seung Hyuk Lee (D.G.Lee, Y.Kim)
    1:3 - 30.33 Ryan Webb (Sullivan, Russell)
    1:4 - 39.20 Dong Gun Lee (Hong) PP1
    2:4 - 45.44 Benjamin Russell (Cownie, Rose) PP2
    3:4 - 48.28 Benjamin Russell(2) (Clements, Cownie) PP1
    PIM: 5x2+1x10+2x5x20 - 12x2+2x10 SOG: 52-36 Att: 228
    Goalkeepers: Daniel Lane 31/35 (Patrick Russell 1/1) - Kweonyoung Kim 49/52
    Ref: Zhanyong Wang (CHN) Linesmen: Iikka Kiilunen (FIN), Maarten van den Acker (BEL)
    GBR: Lane Daniel (00.40 Russell Patrick); Godfrey Samuel +A, Clements David +C, Venus Ross, Chamberlain Bobby, Cownie Jordan, Sullivan Zach, Russell Benjamin, Rose Daniel, Taylor Floyd +A, Harley Harry, Garrity Thomas, Wallace James, Balmer Declan, Hook Lewis, Webb Ryan, Dacres Myles, Pitchley Jake
    KOR: Kim Kweonyoung; Hong Seongyong, Kim Geonwoo, Lee Dong Gun +C, Kim Younghoon, Lee Seung Hyuk, Kim Youngjun, Chun Sukyoung +A, Yoon Jaehyun +A, Jeon Jung Woo, Lee Chongjae, Oh Min Suk, Oh Gi Ryun, Kim Kyungkyeum, Jung Min Kyu, Kim Tae Ho, Jeong Hyeon Bin, Kim Young Wook, Kim Yujin, Bang Jun Young

Congrats to Korea, really wanted the Lithuanians to win but hey, this young roster did a great job this year and should be able to come back next year and do even better.

Day 5-Game 15

Romania - Netherlands 10:5 (3:0, 3:2, 4:3)
    1:0 - 10.14 Daniel Tranca (Hodos) PP1
    2:0 - 11.23 Robert Egyed (Nagy, Peter)
    3:0 - 14.43 Szabolcs Hildebrand (Okos)
    3:1 - 23.30 Tom Marx SH1
    4:1 - 27.09 Csanad Okos (Hodos, Popa) PP1
    5:1 - 28.38 Szabolcs Hildebrand(2) (Tranca) PP1
    6:1 - 29.40 Gergo Biro (Tamas) PP1
    6:2 - 33.13 Tom Marx(2) SH2
    7:2 - 40.18 Daniel Tranca(2) (Okos)
    8:2 - 42.01 Matyas Biro
    8:3 - 47.23 Jordy Knoren (van Haren) PP1
    9:3 - 47.40 Nandor Tamas (Molnar)
    9:4 - 50.00 Joey Verreijen (van der Schuit) PP1
    9:5 - 55.27 Sebastiaan Snijder (Verreijen)
    10:5 - 55.42 Csanad Okos(2)
    PIM: 12x2 - 14x2+2x10+1x5x20 SOG: 41-30 Att: 688
    Goalkeepers: Zoltan Toke 25/30 - Jan-Willem Groenheijde 18/26 (Daniel Oordt 13/15)
    Ref: Alexander Sergeev (RUS) Linesmen: Andreas Kowert (GER), Simon Wust (SUI)
    ROU: Toke Zoltan; Hodos Detre, Bors Huba, Tranca Daniel +C, Okos Csanad, Hildebrand Szabolcs, Tamas Nandor, Biro Gergo +A, Biro Matyas, Sallo Alpar, Molnar Zoltan, Bocu Florian, Nagy Tamas, Egyed Robert, Gecse Hugo, Peter Balazs, Oprea Daniel, Dumitru Dennis +A, Popa Anton
    NED: Groenheijde Jan-Willem (17.59 Oordt Daniel); Bakker Koen, Ras Tony +C, Zwartbol Luke, de Hondt Reno, Snijder Sebastiaan, van Haren Rick +A, Voorn Thijs, Knoren Jordy, Menting Davey, Hendriks Jesse, Gloudemans Willem, van Gestel Boet, Marx Tom +A, van der Schuit Raymond, Stempher Danny, Hoekstra Mark, Staps Cas, Verreijen Joey, Borgman Thomas

Table and rankings

RkCountryGPWOTWOTLLGF:GATP
    1 Korea 5 3 1 1 0 17:14 12
    2 Romania 5 4 0 0 1 25:15 12
    3 Lithuania 5 3 1 0 1 22:11 11
    4 Great Britain 5 1 1 0 3 18:17 5
    5 Croatia 5 1 0 1 3 8:23 4
    6 Netherlands 5 0 0 1 4 16:26 1

RK Country
    1 Korea
    2 Romania
    3 Lithuania
    4 Great Britain
    5 Croatia
    6 Netherlands
    *Korea is promoted to Division I Group B
    *Netherlands is relegated to Division II Group B

Stats and Awards

PlayerGPGAPTS
    1Daniel Bogdziul55914
    2Csanad Okos57613
    3Daniel Tranca55712
    T4Szabolcs Hildebrand56410
    -Jordan Cownie54610
    6Dong Gun Lee5549
    T7Ilja Cetvertak5538
    -Bobby Chamberlain5448
    -Ross Venus5448
    10Dominykas Deksnys5426

PlayerGPGAASV%SO
    1Yeonseung Lee22,4093,90
    2Kweonyoung Kim32,9292,50
    3Daniel Lane32,3092,11
    4Donatas Zukovas42,6991,20
    5Zoltan Toke33,3390,10

Best players selected by Directorate
    GK: Zoltan Toke (ROU)
    DF: Geonwoo Kim (KOR)
    FW: Daniel Bogdziul (LTU)

IHF Prospect
    Hey,pictures from these tournament can you find on this page : www.zahlen-hai.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information