19 76.00%
  • SUI vs BLR, Belarus will win

7 28.00%
  • GER vs LAT, Germany will win

14 56.00%
  • GER vs LAT, Latvia will win

11 44.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Day 3 (FRA vs KAZ, DEN vs ITA, FIN vs SVK, RUS vs NOR, SUI vs BLR, GER vs LAT)

Mens IHWC Day 3 (FRA vs KAZ, DEN vs ITA, FIN vs SVK, RUS vs NOR, SUI vs BLR, GER vs LAT)

Vote for each of the 6 results above

Note: First time CET (Stockholm time), second EET (Helsinki time)
    06.05.2012, 11:15/12:15, France - Kazakhstan (Helsinki)
    06.05.2012, 12:15/13:15, Denmark - Italy (Stockholm)
    06.05.2012, 15:15/16:15, Finland - Slovakia (Helsinki)
    06.05.2012, 16:15/17:15, Russia - Norway (Stockholm)
    06.05.2012, 19:15/20:15, Switzerland - Belarus (Helsinki)
    06.05.2012, 20:15/21:15, Germany - Latvia (Stockholm)

Use this thread for the games of Day 3
    There is no such thing as a "Bad Hockey Market"
    There are, however, several markets with "Bad Hockey"

International Hockey Forums on Social Media:
    https://twitter.com/ihf_forums
    https://www.facebook.com/ihf.forums

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    Vote for each of the 6 results above

Note: First time CET (Stockholm time), second EET (Helsinki time)
    06.05.2012, 11:15/12:15, France - Kazakhstan (Helsinki)
    06.05.2012, 12:15/13:15, Denmark - Italy (Stockholm)
    06.05.2012, 15:15/16:15, Finland - Slovakia (Helsinki)
    06.05.2012, 16:15/17:15, Russia - Norway (Stockholm)
    06.05.2012, 19:15/20:15, Switzerland - Belarus (Helsinki)
    06.05.2012, 20:15/21:15, Germany - Latvia (Stockholm)

Use this thread for the games of Day 3
    Am i the only one that have a feeling that Slovakia will make an upset against Finland?

Maybe.

I am picking the favorites to win each game here.

(few) stranger things have happened in hockey, kaptjanen, so why not :)

If Slovakia has a goalie as good as Vitali Koval was yesterday, that'd certainly improve their odds. Without him, the game last night could have easily been three or four nothing for Finland. Finland is a team that usually start their tournaments a bit slow and start improving gradually... this time however, other than their finishing, they did look surprisingly ready out there.

But I expect Slovakia to have more scoring touch than Belarus had, so anything can happen. I'm definitely not writing them off as an easy opponent.
    UPGRADE NOW: Laho 2.0: An all-new interface, improved outlook, refitted AI, better stick handling and a whole new load of lousy jokes. 100% HPK compatible.

Poll added :-)
    There is no such thing as a "Bad Hockey Market"
    There are, however, several markets with "Bad Hockey"

International Hockey Forums on Social Media:
    https://twitter.com/ihf_forums
    https://www.facebook.com/ihf.forums

A win for France puts them in a great position to stay up, anything less and I dont really see them having lot more trouble staying up here but they most certainly have all the tools to do so...well, Huet can be a problem. Denmark looked really good in their first match so I expect them to win though Italians can cause problems. Swiss v. Belarus should be an interest match and Latvia over Germany.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DHKStarkovs View Post
    Latvia over Germany.
    You wish ;) I really think it will be close but i have faith in my team that they will win that one.

I think Belarus will make surprise today over Switzerland ...
    JE !! SE !! NI !! CE

IHF Member
    Typical Denmark. When we are supposed to win the game, we fuck up big time. 2-0 to Italy after 16 minutes. If we play like this we can forget about getting to the QF and instead just dont get relegated.

IHF Member
    Business as usual and simply not good enough. At least there's still plenty of time left.

IHF Member
    Good thing I wasn't in the danish locker room after first period. Bäckman must have yelled at his kids in a way he never have yelled before :)

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagge View Post
    Good thing I wasn't in the danish locker room after first period. Bäckman must have yelled at his kids in a way he never have yelled before :)
    They are taking it to easy in the defence today - i hope Bäckmann can wake them up before 3rd period!

Big win for France, looked much better out there today, Kazakhstan pretty much confirms they will be going back to Division 1, didnt really look good at all throughout the entire match. A better third period for them but it was all France, all match. The hit on Treille was really bad though, I have never seen Treille hit somebody like that, would of been a great hit it Treille wasnt so much tallen then Starchenko because unfortunately for him, he got nothing but Starchenko head and will almost certainly be done for a either the entire tournament or a nice chunk.

Treille hit on Starchenko...

IHF Member
    LOL, danish fiasco

IHF Member
    LOL, danish fiasco
    Well assuming we dosen't find a way to get at least two points in the remaining 5 games, Denmark might get the chance to host a WC earlier than planned.....

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marras View Post
    Well assuming we dosen't find a way to get at least two points in the remaining 5 games, Denmark might get the chance to host a WC earlier than planned.....
    Sick setup today, but i`m sure Denmark will learn from it. Seemed to me that they underestimated Italy big time and didn`t play full-force. That`s always a road to ruin.

IHF Member
    Even then we are assuming that Italy dont get anymore points. If they do, we need more unless either Lavia or Norway also fucks up. I find that hard to believe though

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    Sick setup today, but i`m sure Denmark will learn from it. Seemed to me that they underestimated Italy big time and didn`t play full-force. That`s always a road to ruin.
    I think you misunderstood Marras. If Italy dont get anymore points and Denmark gets another two points, then Denmark will have 3 points and Italy two.

IHF Member
    Even then we are assuming that Italy dont get anymore points. If they do, we need more unless either Lavia or Norway also fucks up. I find that hard to believe though
    There is a lot of "if's" and with that the kind of play we displayed today, it's going to be a long tournament.

IHF Member
    Yes, i edited my post right after posting it because i noticed the mistake. Sorry, not a math genius here :D

@Marras I think theres no way Denmark will relegate. They are very capable if they give everything, they showed it against CZE. I don`t see Italy scoring any more points in that group and Denmark has the potential to win against Norway, Latvia and even Germany. I don`t think it makes much sense to talk yourself into Div 1 after just one bad game.

IHF Member
    The Treille hit brings back memories of Weber`s assault on Seidenberg 2007

IHF Member
    Yes, i edited my post right after posting it because i noticed the mistake. Sorry, not a math genius here :D

@Marras I think theres no way Denmark will relegate. They are very capable if they give everything, they showed it against CZE. I don`t see Italy scoring any more points in that group and Denmark has the potential to win against Norway, Latvia and even Germany. I don`t think it makes much sense to talk yourself into Div 1 after just one bad game.
    We are generally experts when it comes to being pessimistic, so the starting point will always be worst case scenario.

IHF Member
    We are generally experts when it comes to being pessimistic, so the starting point will always be worst case scenario.
    I see ourselfs be more optimistic and talking ourselfs into believing we are more than can be justified and then play very badly against nations we have to defeat.

IHF Member
    I see ourselfs be more optimistic and talking ourselfs into believing we are more than can be justified and then play very badly against nations we have to defeat.
    You`re the Russians of Scandinavia then

Hi guys,
    are any livestreams available today?
    Because on german tv, they only show latvia vs. germany today.

Edit: Italy has beaten Denkmark??

Quote Originally Posted by Cabal View Post
    Hi guys,
    are any livestreams available today?
    Because on german tv, they only show latvia vs. germany today.
    http://onhockey.ru/
    http://livetv.ru/allupcomingsports/2/
    http://www.sportlemon.tv/c-3.html

IHF Member
    Always thought Janteloven would make sure that things like that didn’t happen.

But hindsight, the hype going into tournament has been overblown and as soon people started talked about making the quaterfinals, instead of the traditional “we got to secure another year in the A pool and take it from there” approach, you almost knew how things eventually would turn out.

IHF Member
    All games live here:

http://www.youtube.com/icehockey

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Doesn`t work for Germany. You will have to buy the Sport1 HD Stream in www.sport1.de or watch on livetv.ru in inferior quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Not if you live in Belarus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Sweden, Ukraine and the USA. (Apparently Germany as well)

Cant even watch the match after its over...thanks IIHF.

Side note: For those who can watch the IIHF free streams, is the commentary really as bad as people making it out to be?

Side note: For those who can watch the IIHF free streams, is the commentary really as bad as people making it out to be?
    Yes they are. They speak English so bad that it looks like it's not their mother tongue at all. And most of the IHF members probably know more about hockey than they do. As bad as they can be.

I watch it only because the stream quality is very good; much better than any other.
    Hokej u Hrvatskoj ima svijetlu budućnost SAMO AKO mjerodavni ljudi rade svoj posao kako treba - Pršljen
    Hockey in Croatia has a bright future ONLY IF relevant people do their job right - Pršljen

Quote Originally Posted by Pršljen View Post
    Yes they are. They speak English so bad that it looks like it's not their mother tongue at all. And most of the IHF members probably know more about hockey than they do. As bad as they can be.

I watch it only because the stream quality is very good; much better than any other.
    What about trying to combine the video from the IIHF stream with audio from some other stream?
    25th of June 2015 - Worst day in the history of modern hockey in Slovakia

See you in 2019...perhaps...

Not if you live in Belarus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Sweden, Ukraine and the USA. (Apparently Germany as well)
    This is easily circumvented. Download the youtube unblocker plug-in. Works at least on Firefox and Chrome and probably can find one for Explorer too. The only thing is that (at least for me) the featured 1stvenue and 2ndvenue streams can't be unblocked for who knows what reason. Instead go and find the specific game from the "Feed" tab and click that. Has worked for me every time.
    "Lord Baelish, what you suggest is treason."
    "Only if we lose."

A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin

Quote Originally Posted by jaaa View Post
    What about trying to combine the video from the IIHF stream with audio from some other stream?
    Haven't tried it but it still wouldn't help since there's no stream in English, all are on Russian, Swedish etc. And probably not synchronized. Still, one TV in Croatia transmits some game so that's the best I can afford.
    Hokej u Hrvatskoj ima svijetlu budućnost SAMO AKO mjerodavni ljudi rade svoj posao kako treba - Pršljen
    Hockey in Croatia has a bright future ONLY IF relevant people do their job right - Pršljen

Quote Originally Posted by Shardik View Post
    This is easily circumvented. Download the youtube unblocker plug-in. Works at least on Firefox and Chrome and probably can find one for Explorer too. The only thing is that (at least for me) the featured 1stvenue and 2ndvenue streams can't be unblocked for who knows what reason. Instead go and find the specific game from the "Feed" tab and click that. Has worked for me every time.
    Another means is using FoxyProxy. Set the proxy to 41.137.219.46 and port to 3128 and the block is circumvented. Though just using the YT blocker plugin is probably simpler.
    UPGRADE NOW: Laho 2.0: An all-new interface, improved outlook, refitted AI, better stick handling and a whole new load of lousy jokes. 100% HPK compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by Shardik View Post
    Thanks so much, can now go back and watch the matches I missed!

IHF Member
    Thanks Shardik, works fine, even on a Mac using Firefox!

You wish ;) I really think it will be close but i have faith in my team that they will win that one.
    Looks like my wishes come true.. ;)

In order to circumvent youtube geoblock I'm using Mozilla add-on Stealthy. Works like charm.

In other news, finally we've beaten Germany. Feel like drinking, but tomorrow is Monday...

Quote Originally Posted by Oz View Post
    In order to circumvent youtube geoblock I'm using Mozilla add-on Stealthy. Works like charm.

In other news, finally we've beaten Germany. Feel like drinking, but tomorrow is Monday...
    First win in an official game (WC or Olympics) over Germans in 14 years, I believe...
    At the moment it all looks bright for us, if we win Italy on 8th (as we should) we can already +/- forget about relegation and concentrate on quest for 1/4 final... Though I expect it will be hard to beat Italians, as always...

Quote Originally Posted by rusher View Post
    First win in an official game (WC or Olympics) over Germans in 14 years, I believe...
    At the moment it all looks bright for us, if we win Italy on 8th (as we should) we can already +/- forget about relegation and concentrate on quest for 1/4 final... Though I expect it will be hard to beat Italians, as always...
    I agree, Italians are a hard nut to crack. They are by far the the weakest team in the group, but when Italians sense that they can get the points they become really resilient. I wish we had Kazakhs as the 8th seed.

IHF Member
    Looks like my wishes come true.. ;)
    Indeed :( Latvia played really well, Germany somehow didn`t find into the game for the first 30 minutes but then almost turned it over. That last penalty for delaying was a bummer, i guess that game could have really ended either way. But i won`t complain, Latvia deserved it.

Quarterfinals seem out of reach for Germany now, Russia and Sweden are too strong and Latvia has the tiebreaker now :( Maybe they can beat CZE in an upset but i won`t count on it.

Indeed :( Latvia played really well, Germany somehow didn`t find into the game for the first 30 minutes but then almost turned it over. That last penalty for delaying was a bummer, i guess that game could have really ended either way. But i won`t complain, Latvia deserved it.

Quarterfinals seem out of reach for Germany now, Russia and Sweden are too strong and Latvia has the tiebreaker now :( Maybe they can beat CZE in an upset but i won`t count on it.
    You win Norway, Denmark and we lose to both these teams and you're in the 1/4 final... Can happen, still 5!! games ahead.... These are all pretty equal teams and it can go any way in these games.

Thread Information