Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ticket Pricing Issues

Perhaps those numbers are outright lies, perhaps they really did sell that many seats to corporations, etc.

They cite over 6,600 per game for the USA.

I've watched every USA game, and there have been anywhere from a few hundred to - maybe, being very charitable - 1,500 or so people actually at the games. It's really sad.

I've seen highlights of many of the other games, in both venues, and it doesn't seem to be much better.

The Swedish Federation now has an article on their website where any hockey club that wants to go to a championship game can write to the federation and state how many tickets they want and they will be given free of charge.

Sweden's games and the RUS-CZE game are not included in the offer.
    Cum bibam cervisiam gaudeo.

Quote Originally Posted by itry View Post
    Hmm... while I could understand Swedish and Finnish numbers I am baffled by the French number. Really? More than 8k per game? Something smells fishy about that.
    No, that's the garlic ;-)
    You can be sincere and still be stupid - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Quote Originally Posted by Bennison View Post
    The Swedish Federation now has an article on their website where any hockey club that wants to go to a championship game can write to the federation and state how many tickets they want and they will be given free of charge.

Sweden's games and the RUS-CZE game are not included in the offer.
    Nice gesture, expose more kids to the elite product.
    There is no such thing as a "Bad Hockey Market"
    There are, however, several markets with "Bad Hockey"

International Hockey Forums on Social Media:
    https://twitter.com/ihf_forums
    https://www.facebook.com/ihf.forums

Quote Originally Posted by itry View Post
    Hmm... while I could understand Swedish and Finnish numbers I am baffled by the French number. Really? More than 8k per game? Something smells fishy about that.
    It's simply down to ticket pricing.

The top-three (FIN-CAN-USA) ticket price average: 155€
    The middle pool (SVK-SUI-BLR) ticket price average: 70€
    The small countries (FRA, KAZ) ticket price average: 35€

People attend France's games because they can afford them somewhat comfortably. Having some players familiar to the audience (Auvitu, Bertrand) makes it the budget choice over Kazakhstan.

Still, those Helsinki attendance numbers are definitely the seats they have reserved, not the amount of tickets actually shown at the door.
    UPGRADE NOW: Laho 2.0: An all-new interface, improved outlook, refitted AI, better stick handling and a whole new load of lousy jokes. 100% HPK compatible.

At least the web's memespace rejoices...

http://yle.fi/extrem/blog/kale_k
    UPGRADE NOW: Laho 2.0: An all-new interface, improved outlook, refitted AI, better stick handling and a whole new load of lousy jokes. 100% HPK compatible.

Whoa, did Kummola just admit they made a mistake..shocking.
    “We made some mistakes in the ticket pricing in the beginning, but I’m quite satisfied with the organization. There haven’t been any complaints from the teams,” Kummola said.

“I can guarantee that we will have more price categories next year and try to fill the arena also during the daytime.”
    http://www.iihf.com/competition/272/news/news-singleview-2012/recap/6987.html?tx_ttnews[backPid]=6249&cHash=2f2bd1ad9f

Better have reasonable prices next year Kummola, be nice to treat my mother to some of the French matches, especially when they face Latvia.

Quote Originally Posted by DHKStarkovs View Post
    Whoa, did Kummola just admit they made a mistake..shocking.
    He did say the same in Finnish about a week ago already. To us Finns, it was pretty much business as usual, since when you put it in porportion, Kummola admitting "some mistakes" translates to "we completely freaked this up", in any sensible person's vocabulary.

FIHA just announced its budget for the Helsinki venue of 2013 IHWC. 11,6 million euros. According to the Organizing Committee Chairman Matti Nurminen, FIHA is optimally looking for 1-2 million euros worth of net income from the games, with the minimum being the costs covered.

However, FIHA reported about a month earlier, that its net income from the 2012 games was 8,2 million euros.

Hmm. I'm not an economist, but something in this math smells pretty funny to me.

Sources in Finnish only, sorry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information