View Poll Results: Who will win between Slovakia and the Czech Republic?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Slovakia (H4) will win

8 42.11%
  • CzechRepublic (S3) will win

11 57.89%

Thread: SF: Czech Republic (S3) vs Slovakia (H4) game thread

Mens IHWC SF: Czech Republic (S3) vs Slovakia (H4) game thread

Sat May 19th, 2011. 5:30pm CET @ Helsinki, Finland

Slovakia 5-0-0-2, 15pts
    vs
    Czech Republic 4-1-0-2, 14pts

Post your predictions, comments before after and during the games etc....
    There is no such thing as a "Bad Hockey Market"
    There are, however, several markets with "Bad Hockey"

International Hockey Forums on Social Media:
    https://twitter.com/ihf_forums
    https://www.facebook.com/ihf.forums

I said that Slovakia was out of their depth in the QFs, that is no less true now.
    Cum bibam cervisiam gaudeo.

IHF Member
    I prefer Slovakia. They looks more interesting

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennison View Post
    I said that Slovakia was out of their depth in the QFs, that is no less true now.
    For what it's worth, the last time Slovakia beat Canada was when they won the WHC....

Quote Originally Posted by Heatleysucks View Post
    For what it's worth, the last time Slovakia beat Canada was when they won the WHC....
    Nah, the Czechs already broke that plan by defeting the Swedes :D
    25th of June 2015 - Worst day in the history of modern hockey in Slovakia

See you in 2019...perhaps...

Hopefully justice will prevail and Czechs will play in the finals...

Quote Originally Posted by Dex View Post
    Hopefully justice will prevail and Czechs will play in the finals...
    You should totally continue to cheer against Slovakia, you´re our good luck charm.

Phew. I don´t know what to say. Back in the early 00s I was just a kid during the glory days of Slovak hockey and I remember that even when I didn´t watch the games when we played outside we always knew the score because people who were cheering screamed when a goal was scored. It was amazing to hear that roar of the nation once again today.

As for the boys, pure heart. Sometimes I had the feeling that they wanted to win it so much that the pucks just didn´t go into our net because they wished for it.

Also: Libor Hudáček! What a player! He´s no news to me as I have seen him play for Slovan, but despite that he never ceases to amaze me.

But, damn, another D now, only 5 left standing now. Gotta be really tough and I guess tomorrow Big Z will get his 30 minutes.

Why Czechs, why you let me down.....but huge congrats to Slovaks on great match today. See if they can pull of another upset on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by jaaa View Post
    You should totally continue to cheer against Slovakia, you´re our good luck charm.
    Hopefully Russians will not embarrase themselves like Czechs did and lose to Slovaks. If tomorrow Russians lose then I advice them to stop playing hockey. Hopefully they won't lost to team that needs 38000 years old player to score two goals for them.
    Last edited by Marc Brunengraber; 19-05-2012 at 22:51. Reason: We do not allow ethnic taunts at IHF

IHF Member

Phew. I don´t know what to say. Back in the early 00s I was just a kid during the glory days of Slovak hockey and I remember that even when I didn´t watch the games when we played outside we always knew the score because people who were cheering screamed when a goal was scored. It was amazing to hear that roar of the nation once again today.

As for the boys, pure heart. Sometimes I had the feeling that they wanted to win it so much that the pucks just didn´t go into our net because they wished for it.

Also: Libor Hudáček! What a player! He´s no news to me as I have seen him play for Slovan, but despite that he never ceases to amaze me.

But, damn, another D now, only 5 left standing now. Gotta be really tough and I guess tomorrow Big Z will get his 30 minutes.
    Why 30 minutes? I am sure he can do at least 45 with the heart and shape he is in.

Well, you are a nation of winners today and amazing results. Maybe you will be a little more positive before next WC :-) It was nice to see Vujtek cry, even though he is Czech :-)

Think all Europe except Croatia and Russia routes for you tomorrow !!!

What a comeback after last years disgraceful home result.

Quote Originally Posted by kaptajnen22 View Post
    Why 30 minutes? I am sure he can do at least 45 with the heart and shape he is in.

Well, you are a nation of winners today and amazing results. Maybe you will be a little more positive before next WC :-) It was nice to see Vujtek cry, even though he is Czech :-)

Think all Europe except Croatia and Russia routes for you tomorrow !!!

What a comeback after last years disgraceful home result.
    Haha, I guess he could, but as a good captain he´ll want to let the other four boys play too.

Nah, I probably won´t. We are a nation of underdogs first and foremost. The media and many casual fans thought that we are a nation of winners last year and had high expectations, which was a part of the reason for the disaster. This year nobody expected too much of them (QF at best) and it was a part of what made them a TEAM.

As for Vujtek, well his daughter is married to Róbert Petrovický, so we´re in the process of converting him. :D

I don´t know about all of Europe, but Finland is definitely ours. And their TV announcer who is a big fan of Slovak hockey and doesn´t make a secret of it during the games is slowly becoming a superstar of the Slovak webosphere, lol:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nffFVZRa22k

IHF Member
    Haha, I guess he could, but as a good captain he´ll want to let the other four boys play too.

Nah, I probably won´t. We are a nation of underdogs first and foremost. The media and many casual fans thought that we are a nation of winners last year and had high expectations, which was a part of the reason for the disaster. This year nobody expected too much of them (QF at best) and it was a part of what made them a TEAM.

As for Vujtek, well his daughter is married to Róbert Petrovický, so we´re in the process of converting him. :D

I don´t know about all of Europe, but Finland is definitely ours. And their TV announcer who is a big fan of Slovak hockey and doesn´t make a secret of it during the games is slowly becoming a superstar of the Slovak webosphere, lol:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nffFVZRa22k
    LOL - i have a feeling that he wasnt neutral :-)

The danish speakers were a littlle bit more neutral. They praised the atmosphere that were at the WC last year around the event and the arenas, and even though your team failed you supported the ole heroes.

All is shocked about the way this WC has been without atmosphere, in hockey happy nations like Sweden and Finland.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dex View Post
    Hopefully Russians will not embarrase themselves like Czechs did and lose to Slovaks. If tomorrow Russians lose then I advice them to stop playing hockey. Hopefully they won't lost to team that needs 38000 years old player to score two goals for them.
    Wow...that's mature!
    Table for one for...Mr. Bitter?
    Last edited by Marc Brunengraber; 19-05-2012 at 22:52. Reason: Took profanity out of quoted material

Quote Originally Posted by kaptajnen22 View Post
    LOL - i have a feeling that he wasnt neutral :-)

The danish speakers were a littlle bit more neutral. They praised the atmosphere that were at the WC last year around the event and the arenas, and even though your team failed you supported the ole heroes.

All is shocked about the way this WC has been without atmosphere, in hockey happy nations like Sweden and Finland.
    Well, Slovak daily SME actually interviewed the guy and he said that he was a fan of Slovak hockey since 1994 Lilehammer Olympics, so pretty much since the beginning. He even goes as far as make sure he pronounces the Slovak names right.

Yeah, that is disappointing, though there was a bit more atmosphere in Helsinki than in Stockholm. Though I was positively surprised at the number of Slovak fans at the game today and the atmosphere I created as I know tha it actually probably cost most of them a price that is two times higher than the average Slovak salary.

Heatleysucks, forget it, I´m sure the mods will deal with that.

Edit by moderator:

Dex....re-read the forum rules. We do not allow racist or sexist comments at ihf.

This is your official warning to stop that kind of posting if you wish to remain a forum member.
    Last edited by Marc Brunengraber; 19-05-2012 at 22:55.

IHF Member
    Heatleysucks, forget it, I´m sure the mods will deal with that.
    That's Ok...I'm just a hysterical woman and I should go make some salad
    Like the Brits say some mothers do 'ave em!

Quote Originally Posted by Heatleysucks View Post
    That's Ok...I'm just a hysterical woman and I should go make some salad
    Like the Brits say some mothers do 'ave em!
    I didn't refer to you, but to jaaaaaaaaaaaa...she is hyteric women. Hates Croatia for no real reason

Congrats to Slovakia on a giant win vs. their brothers/arch-rivals! Good luck in the gold medal game.

And congrats to the Czechs on a great tournament and a chance to play for a bronze medal.

Thread Information