Thread: Nhl 13

Nhl 13

True Performance Skating: A game-changing innovation for the franchise that adds physics-driven skating and over 1000 new animations. True Performance Skating authentically replicates the explosiveness, momentum and top end speed displayed by today’s NHL players. True Performance Skating combined with the Skill Stick, finally gives gamers access to the entire toolset of an NHL player, delivering unprecedented control and unlocking a level of creativity never before possible in a hockey videogame
    GM Connected: The ultimate fantasy league with friends. GM Connected takes the franchise’s most popular offline mode, Be a GM, and allows you to play with and against your friends in your own 30-team NHL. Whether you are a hardcore sports gamer or a hockey fan that moonlights as an armchair general manager, the mode offers unrivaled accessibility and depth by allowing players to manage, play or coach on the road to building your team’s legacy. GM’s can also take their experience with them with a mobile companion app, ensuring that they never miss a single moment.*

NHL Moments Live – Rewrite or relive history as you replay some of the most thrilling moments from today’s NHL. NHL 13 evolves the concept introduced by other sports games, introducing each scenario with real-world NHL footage to bring players closer to the intensity of the moment. Moments from the 2011-12 NHL season will ship on disc and new moments from the 2012-13 NHL season will be added as and when available throughout the season.
    Teaser trailer 1
    Teaser trailer 2
    Announcement trailer

EA SPORTS Hockey I.Q.: An innovative new A.I. system that governs the behaviors of players, goalies and team systems. In previous NHL games, players were only aware of skaters in their immediate proximity and goalies could only react to the player in control of the puck. With EA SPORTS Hockey I.Q., all players are now fully aware of every other player on the ice, resulting in quicker, smarter and more true-to-life decision-making. EA SPORTS Hockey IQ also delivers the deepest and most customizable set of real-world hockey systems and strategies ever for the franchise.
    From the trailers, the skating looks better but so far Im a little unsure about this suppose better AI, the leafs defenceman steps up at the worst possible time and never pivets to catch the Flyer, then, what in the world is the goalkeeper doing? I hope this on-line GM mode means they are making improvements to the off-line version as well. Hope for KHL, really hope for new announcers and Im not impressed with your relive moments thing EA, FIFA does it and they include all leagues, why cant you?

Article 1
    Article 2

Vote for the NHL 13 cover: http://www.easports.com/nhl/news/art...-quarterfinals

Release Date
    North America: 11.September
    Europe: 14.September

Gameinformer got a chance to play the game and gives 22 things we know so far...

2. Going fast has its limitations. Players will get fatigued faster, and only elite players like Sidney Crosby are able to stickhandle and take accurate shots while skating at top speed. If you are flying down the wing as fast as your player can skate and you try to make an aggressive turn toward the net, your player may lose his footing and wipe out. The controller will give players feedback by rumbling when they are pressing too hard.
    7. EA has tweaked goaltender performance to open up the five hole for more scoring opportunities.
    12. EA is also working on making sure teammate AI knows what to do when you have an odd-man rush on offense. If you cross over into their lane, they will know that they should criss cross and position themselves for a scoring opportunity.

18. Each team has its own custom AI template to start. You can create a new system or adopt any of the 30 templates for your own team.
    21. The developers upgraded the rendering for skates, socks, pants, jerseys, gloves, helmets, etc. so they are much more detailed. You can see the stitching in breezers, and gloves will have scuff marks. Visors also properly reflect light.
    Commentary remains the same....great....guess all these things sound great however I will wait till they start releasing raw gameplay and for the demo because I got bored of NHL 12 real fast and stuck with FIFA pretty much all winter.

Read the full article here

Every stride matters trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqXCtub-nbo

Im liking what I see but then again, I will wait for them to lease from raw gameplay before I get too excited. The move Karlsson makes at the end made me smile, the spin move in their games has always sucked, slowed you down, lost all momentum, CPU could recover so quickly, hopefully that is fixed.

From a Q&A, somebody asked if they would change create a team to the one used in NCAA Football, we dont get that in Europe so if somebody who plays that can comment on how good it really is? I youtubed it, looks cool, better then the current create a team feature.

EA will release the next feature as followed...
    -Hockey IQ
    -Goalkeepers
    -GM Connected
    -Be a Pro/EASHL
    -Team first presentation
    -NHL Moments live
    -Hockey Ultimate Team

Quote Originally Posted by DHKStarkovs View Post
    Every stride matters trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqXCtub-nbo

Im liking what I see but then again, I will wait for them to lease from raw gameplay before I get too excited. The move Karlsson makes at the end made me smile, the spin move in their games has always sucked, slowed you down, lost all momentum, CPU could recover so quickly, hopefully that is fixed.

From a Q&A, somebody asked if they would change create a team to the one used in NCAA Football, we dont get that in Europe so if somebody who plays that can comment on how good it really is? I youtubed it, looks cool, better then the current create a team feature.

EA will release the next feature as followed...
    -Hockey IQ
    -Goalkeepers
    -GM Connected
    -Be a Pro/EASHL
    -Team first presentation
    -NHL Moments live
    -Hockey Ultimate Team
    It lets you create the jerseys, create/import a logo for the team, build the stadium, manually name the roster for created players, and name the stadium. And this can be done online to import to your console.
    Twitter: @CSmeeth

Quote Originally Posted by Conesy View Post
    It lets you create the jerseys, create/import a logo for the team, build the stadium, manually name the roster for created players, and name the stadium. And this can be done online to import to your console.
    Thanks very much, that sounds great, if EA will not give me KHL, I will just do it myself. Have a big feeling though this will never happen and create a team will stay as bad as it is.
    Last edited by Starkovs; 31-05-2012 at 02:06.

Gameinformer releases everything they know about GM Connected and the new GM Brain which will hopefully fix all the problems with CPU GM's, from evaluating their clubs, trades, what they are trying to do (go for the Cup, rebuild, etc..)

7. Free agency includes both unrestricted and restricted free agents, and it's handled via seven bidding periods. The highest bidders win the services of the player, and if you strike out you have several more rounds to find an adequate replacement.
    19. The GM Brain now catalogs players based on where they fit into the entire NHL, not just how they fit on their team. This means that while the Wild may play Devin Setoguchi on the first line because the offensively challenged team is short on scoring talent, the GM recognizes that in reality he's more of a second line player. This places all the players
    21. When deciding what moves his team should make for the upcoming season, first the GM Brain determines if his team is a championship-level team, a contender, a hopeful, or in rebuilding mode. This evaluation helps set the types of trades a team is willing to engage. If a team is on the cusp of a championship, it may trade off some prospects to get a veteran who fills a weakness. If a team is in full rebuilding mode, it will be much more likely to trade off players at the tail end of their prime in exchange for prospects or draft picks.
    Red the rest of the points here: http://www.gameinformer.com/games/nh...cted-mode.aspx

Gamplay Producer on Explosiveness trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve_tVw1nvhc
    Gamplay Producer on Speed v Control trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK6ACPEYi1o

Thread Information