Thread: Estonian Prospects

IHF Member

Estonia Estonian Prospects

I saw that there was no current thread that discussed the future of Estonian Ice Hockey so I figured I'd start one myself. I have to say that I'm fairly ignorant about the state of the juniors aside from Robert Rooba. I'd love to hear from someone familiar with Estonian hockey or following Robert in Finland. What is his potential in the SM-Liiga? Does he have KHL skill? I watched him some during the WC D2A tournament and thought he looked good. He has good size and seems to put points up but I'd love to know where people think his ceiling lies or how he'll do with more time with Espoo's top team this year.

Robert Rooba attended Detroits Dev. Camp..looked pretty good from what ive read.

I've read that his agent is Larionov, that should help him getting some attention from Russian clubs.

If he attended Detroit's camp, then that'll bode well for him. If anything, Detroit is solid at finding diamonds in the rough.
    Twitter: @CSmeeth

IHF Member
    Looks like he replaced Vladislav Shalimov. Good opportunity for Robert to show what he's made of!

Would love to see our northern neighbors producing more guys like Rooba,that could really improve their situation

There is this kid too: Riho Embrich. http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=43297
    He is playing for Blues U20 along with Rooba. Not a bad player at all.

I also noticed the stats of Artjom Gornostajev. http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=101504
    This kid has been burning the Finland-4 League!!!
    I don't know what exactly is the caliber of this league (I'm guessing close to the Eesti Meistriliiga since the Panter played there before), but last year that kid went 19-31-50 in 26 games and this year he already is 17-9-26 in only 9 games!!!
    He also posted good numbers at international U18 and U20 levels. He posted similar numbers as Rooba there!

Thread Information