Thread: Epl

Epl

No EPL thread this year?

I've been straying away from my home town team Manchester Phoenix over the past few seasons. I'm not happy with their decision to leave the Elite league (this stems from the fact I want the Manchester Storm days back like we all do!) but also because we will have one of the bigger budgets and I'd rather not just be winning winning and winning... This season I've been watching the new player arrivals and I'm pretty impressed

Robert Schnabel http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=1934 - This guy looks really impressive! 279 AHL games, even 22 NHL games.. now he's accepted to play in the EPL?

Joachim Flaten http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=16323 - Frisk Asker all his career, seems pretty soild player

Timo Kuuluvainen http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=7506 - 67 SM-LIIGA games again seems pretty soild.

Why the hell would these guys, especially players like Schnabel consider coming to a league so obsure and low-ranked. The Elite league would be better suited and they'd get paid better! I'm not complaining too much because I'm going to go see them obviously!
    Dinamo Riga | Manchester Phoenix | Boston Bruins | Lokomotiv 7th September 2011

The only other player I can see of 'comparable' experience would be... Dmitri Rodin http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=34680 - 168 Czech League games and some IHL experience back in the day.

Most other players in the league are what I'd class as 'normal' alot of Poland, Hungary, level 2&3 of their respected countries leauge's, France, Latvia.. Obviously them leagues are still better then our EPL but then you have the Phoenix getting people like Robert Schnabel in.. If they going to sign these guys it must still be costing a fair bit!

Gazz, if you have the time, it would be great if you could post results and/or standings for this season's EPL.

We depend on locals in each part of the world to take control of the respective threads.

If you can provide the scores, and occasional standings and commentary, that would be much appreciated.

Current Table
    Bison P6 Pts 9
    Flames 5 8
    Bees 6 8
    Man 6 8
    Slo 4 6
    MKL 4 4
    She 5 4
    Swi 6 4
    Pet 4 3
    Tel 4 0
    I used to howl at the moon but i am alright NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Cats 3 Manc 4
    Flam 8 Telf 2
    Bison 4 Bees 1
    Slo 5 Shef 2

Manc 1 Bison 2
    Shef 5 Swin 4
    Bees 3 Flam 6

Cats 3 Jets 7

Bison 4 Petbro 0
    Slo 5 Telford 3
    MKL 8 Manc 2
    Shef 2 Bees 4

Manc 3 Telf 1
    Pet 2 Swin 1
    Bees 3 Bison 2
    Flames 5 MKL 2

Shef 2 Manc 4

Swi 3 Telf 2
    Bees 4 Pet 3
    Bison 5 MKL 0
    Slo 0 Flam 5

Manc 5 Swin 4
    MKL 2 Bison 1
    Pet Shef 5
    Flam 5 Bees 6
    I used to howl at the moon but i am alright NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Brunengraber View Post
    Gazz, if you have the time, it would be great if you could post results and/or standings for this season's EPL.

We depend on locals in each part of the world to take control of the respective threads.

If you can provide the scores, and occasional standings and commentary, that would be much appreciated.
    Hey Marc. Yeah I can do that. I'll sort it out over today

OK started the EPL thread,. I'll finish it off later as I have to go to work now!

Thread Information