Thread: Board Downtime

Board Downtime

It would appear that there was a power outage on our server last night which is what caused today's downtime. However, the sudden power outage has resulted in our users table becoming corrupted. Since this table contains everyone's account, including all the admin guys, and was preventing anyone logging in, it has drastically reduced the number of tools we could use to bring the board back online.

As a result, I've had to restore the forum from a previous daily backup. Unhelpfully, it looks like the power outage happened less than an hour before the next backup. Therefore, I've had to restore to a backup taken at 0300 GMT on Saturday 8th December 2012. As a result, we have lost all posts that were made to the board since that time.

Graham.
    "It's very hard to talk quantum using a language originally designed to tell other monkeys where the ripe fruit is."
    ---
    "Night Watch", Terry Pratchett

We finally have some good news.

IHF will - at long last - move to a new host almost immediately after this year's U20 championships have been completed.

This should end the intermittent but unfortunately all too regular outages we have suffered through over the past several years.

We have (quite obviously) been VERY dissatisfied with our current host.

Our current host is based in Utah, which also makes it very difficult for Graham, the forums' tech guru, to deal with any issues that arise on a time-synched basis with our host's personnel.

Accordingly, we will have a UK based hosting company moving forward, which will make life a lot easier for Graham.

There will be downtime of several days, perhaps even a week or slightly more, when the migration is made to the new host. We will post an announcement here, and also on our Facebook page.

We are looking forward to finally ending all of the outage problems that we have had, and moving forward and growing the forums.

The LLC ownership group thanks all of you for participating here at IHF, and sticking with us over the past few years.

We hope that you continue to enjoy coming here and reading the threads, and hopefully posting as well.

IHF is here for the long term, with a committed ownership group dedicating to preserving this site and our small but vibrant community. We believe this site, and the information it contains, is a precious archive of international hockey information, stats, stories, pictures and video. We aim to make it even better in the coming months.

Thank you.

IHF Staff
    Let's move forward!! Juhuuuu!

IHF Member
    very good news!

Good news. Your forum is an invaluable source of information for all ice hockey players and enthusiasts alike. Myself and Mick have made reference to and linked this site on another Irish based general forum with an ice hockey sub forum to make people aware of it.

Hi Marc or Graham, when are you closing the site to change server? Around the 20th of January?

is NHL 2012/13 A CLOSED THREAD as it appears. Someone opening a new one?

IHF Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibizajp View Post
    is NHL 2012/13 A CLOSED THREAD as it appears. Someone opening a new one?
    Maybe one of the moderators has a some special plan at the beginning of the thread (post rosters) and has therefore closed it for now. I guess we'll see once our NA based guys get active again during their day.

Madeleine, I believe Graham's plan is to do it after all of the U20 tournaments have been completed.

As for the 2012-2013 NHL thread, I don't know why that happened. I've opened it back up. Thanks for alerting me to it.

Ok, thanks Marc !

Thread Information