Thread: Oliver Lauridsen's NHL career

IHF Member

Philadelphia Oliver Lauridsen's NHL career

Like the rest of our NHL'ers, Lauridsen now has his own thread.

IHF Member
    A 2 minute minor penalty 56 seconds into his NHL debut. Haha. Nice shot block he did on his last shift, though. He looked a bit shaken up. Hope he will be okay!

IHF Member
    And a pretty good scoring opportunity also. I hope he gets a couple of games to prove his worth before Flyers injured D-men are back. Also in the perspective that they are with 99 % certainty not going to make the playoffs they can focus on next season and try some of the prospects out.

A penalty 56 seconds into his NHL debut with the Flyers? Clearly following coaches' orders from the goon squad.
    Bringing ice hockey to Northwest China!

I'm the hole formerly known as KazakhEagles

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trim View Post
    A penalty 56 seconds into his NHL debut with the Flyers? Clearly following coaches' orders from the goon squad.
    I know. It is the first time ever I will be cheering for Flyers...

IHF Member
    A short article on Lauridsen's first game for the Flyers.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/i...ive-debut.html

IHF Member
    “If you look at the matchups, I thought it would be best to split up our game, put him (Lauridsen) and Luke out there against that big line of big bodies,” Laviolette. “I wanted to put big bodies on big bodies as much as possible.” (http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/i...ive-debut.html)

That is a really great coaching move! First of all, Laviolette avoids putting his smaller D-men (Timonen, Gustafsson, Gervais) out against Boston's big bodied forwards (Lucic, Horton) many times during the game, he also makes sure that he puts a rookie defenseman on the ice against players he is well-suited to play against.

IHF Member
    Still undefeated after two games, however the second one was a bit tight and Flyers scored to make it 4-4 9,5 secs before the end. Not the most impressive game by Lauridsen, he managed to get two minor penalties and was not used pretty much the whole third period due to a lot of penalties. Still recorded 11 minutes and a 1 in +/-.

Since Flyers have traded another defenseman in Detroit I doubt we will see much more of Lauridsen at this point, but you never know. Maybe they have the same saying in US of A; never change a winning team.

IHF Member
    The first penalty to Lauridsen was IMO bullshit (Sorry for my language). I doubt the referee had made the call, had it been Chris Pronger, Shea Weber, Zdeno Chara or any other star D. I did not see the second penalty but from what I saw, he did a good job out there. He seemed a little shaken up when he got on the ice after his first penalty; he iced the puck and had to play a very very long shift under tough Washington pressure but it was actually Lauridsen who won the puck so that the Flyers could skate the puck out of their own zone and make a line change.

IHF Member
    High-sticking gets called right away these days, no exceptions. It doesnt matter whether you are Malkin, Crosby or Lauridsen, you will get a penalty if your stick is up in your opponents face.

The second penalty was holding. Some Caps player (sorry, cant remember who) was outskating him and he was holding him so he couldnt get a chance to shoot.

I agree that he was doing a fine job out there, but now Flyers are two points away from the playoffs with 13 games to go and a bunch of teams in front of them that are struggling. But what do I know....

IHF Member
    Lauridsen got his first assist tonight and havent got a penalty yet in the game :)

Edit: His positioning and puckhandling was a lot better in this game and even though he is not yet used very much in the crucial parts of the game, there is definately a good and solid improvement in his overall game.
    Last edited by Bagge; 04-04-2013 at 11:53.

IHF Member
    Even though his first goal not really was his, the one he scored against Islanders was a bomb. Go watch it on NHL.com, its a nice one.

IHF Member

Philadelphia Lauridsen re-signed by Philadelphia

Oliver Lauridsen has agreed to a new two-year contract with the Flyers.

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/201...ontract-flyers

IHF Member
    Bill Meltzer has a good read on Lauridsen re-signing with the Flyers.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?p...5#.Ud6ZkW3XAaY

Thread Information