• BEL to relegate

1 2.86%
  • SRB to relegate

20 57.14%
  • ISL to relegate

7 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2013 IIHF World Div.IIA Championship - Zagreb, Croatia; 14th-20th.Apr.

Women's side: China qualified for the 2010 Olympics in 2009, then got relegated from the women's top side. Women's Worlds were not played in 2010, but the very next tournament, 2011, they only managed to squeak out one win and lost on tiebreak, getting relegated to Division II.
    Considering that the women's game has much less depth than the men's tournaments, this is an even more "impressive" relegation record than Australia's would be if they actually do get relegated (which I doubt).

However, let's not forget that AUS is also missing some of their best players of recent years: GK Matt Ezzy (who had a 95.08% SVS% in the 2011 promotion run), F Greg Oddy and Nathan Walker, D Mark Rummukainen and Josh Harding... that's quite a lot of talent missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Steigs View Post
    Women's side: China qualified for the 2010 Olympics in 2009, then got relegated from the women's top side. Women's Worlds were not played in 2010, but the very next tournament, 2011, they only managed to squeak out one win and lost on tiebreak, getting relegated to Division II.
    And in rapid succession, the Kazakhs followed them (and subsequently was almost relegated to Division II-A this year).
    Bringing ice hockey to Northwest China!

I'm the hole formerly known as KazakhEagles

Second period
    31:18 2 min ESP 8. MARTINEZ Zigor Holding an opponent
    29:57 2 min ISL 13. ALENGAARD Emil Roughing
    29:57 25 min ESP 21. BORONAT Oriol Interference With Spectators
    28:43 2 min ISL 7. MAGNUSSON Jonas Boarding
    23:59 2 - 1 EQ ISL 15. BERGMANN Brynjar

First period
    18:42 2 min ISL 16. ANDRESSON Ulfar Roughing
    18:42 2 min ISL 7. MAGNUSSON Jonas Hooking
    17:39 1 - 1 PP1 ISL 21. SIGURDARSON Bjorn
    (14. MAACK Petur)
    (13. ALENGAARD Emil)
    16:12 2 min ESP 16. SOSA Adrian Hooking
    15:43 0 - 1 EQ ESP 8. MARTINEZ Zigor
    (14. VEA Alejandro)
    (6. BARNOLA Salvador)
    06:27 2 min ISL 5. BLONDAL Orri Tripping
    01:11 2 min ISL 9. HEDSTROM Robin Slashing
    00:00 GK in ESP 1. GONZALEZ Bruno
    00:00 GK in ISL 1. HEDSTROM Dennis

First time I see penalty like this

Quote Originally Posted by Dex View Post
    Second period
    31:18 2 min ESP 8. MARTINEZ Zigor Holding an opponent
    29:57 2 min ISL 13. ALENGAARD Emil Roughing
    29:57 25 min ESP 21. BORONAT Oriol Interference With Spectators
    28:43 2 min ISL 7. MAGNUSSON Jonas Boarding
    23:59 2 - 1 EQ ISL 15. BERGMANN Brynjar

First period
    18:42 2 min ISL 16. ANDRESSON Ulfar Roughing
    18:42 2 min ISL 7. MAGNUSSON Jonas Hooking
    17:39 1 - 1 PP1 ISL 21. SIGURDARSON Bjorn
    (14. MAACK Petur)
    (13. ALENGAARD Emil)
    16:12 2 min ESP 16. SOSA Adrian Hooking
    15:43 0 - 1 EQ ESP 8. MARTINEZ Zigor
    (14. VEA Alejandro)
    (6. BARNOLA Salvador)
    06:27 2 min ISL 5. BLONDAL Orri Tripping
    01:11 2 min ISL 9. HEDSTROM Robin Slashing
    00:00 GK in ESP 1. GONZALEZ Bruno
    00:00 GK in ISL 1. HEDSTROM Dennis

Very intresting. Some wild Icelandic hooligans provoking??

6:3 to Iceland. It seems to be "bye-bye div IIA" for Spain this year. Disapointing.

Day 4; Game 10

Iceland - Spain 6:3 (1:1, 1:1, 4:1)
    0:1 - 15.43 Zigor Martinez (A.Vea, Barnola)
    1:1 - 17.39 Bjorn Sigurdarson (Alengaard, Blondal) PP1
    2:1 - 23.59 Brynjar Bergmann
    2:2 - 36.26 Pol Gonzalez (J.Munoz, Puyuelo)
    3:2 - 44.14 Olafur Bjornsson (Alengaard, Leifsson) PP1
    4:2 - 45.55 Olafur Bjornsson(2) (R.Hedstrom, Gislason)
    4:3 - 49.18 Pablo Puyuelo (J.Munoz, Gonzalez)
    5:3 - 57.55 Robin Hedstrom (Bjornsson)
    6:3 - 59.26 Orri Blondal EN
    PIM: 8x2 - 4x2 SOG: 22-34 Att: 80
    Goalkeepers: Dennis Hedstrom 31/34 - Bruno Gonzalez 16/21
    Ref: Daniel Gamper (ITA) Linesmen: Jian Cao (CHN), Mihai-Ariel Trandafir (ROU)
    ISL: Hedstrom Dennis; Blondal Orri, Hedstrom Robin, Bjornsson Olafur, Andresson Ulfar, Gislason Jon +A, Palsson Robert, Jonsson Ingvar +C, Alengaard Emil +A, Maack Petur, Sigurdarson Bjorn, Arnason Sigurdur, Jakobsson Bjorn, Magnusson Jonas, Mikaelsson Andri, Leifsson Johann, Arnason Ingthor, Omarsson Tomas, Hrafnsson Stefan, Bergmann Brynjar
    ESP: Gonzalez Bruno; Brabo Juan, Betran Guillermo +A, Garcia-Arias Javier, Boronat Oriol, Munoz Pablo +A, Paz Eduardo, Gonzalez Pol, Vea Alejandro, Puyuelo Pablo, Munoz Juan, Vea Jorge, Ubieto Adrian, Barnola Salvador +C, Martinez Zigor, Gavilanes Jose, Betran Adrian, Vazquez Oscar, Pedraz Alejandro, Sosa Adrian, Carbonell Alejandro

Game against Serbia will be 100th Croatian game at WC's.

Banned
    Does anyone have any video link of this??

Australia beat Belgium 3:1, that means Spain is going down to D2B. Very very bad performances by Spain...

Day 4; Game 11

Belgium - Australia 1:3 (0:1, 1:0, 0:2)
    0:1 - 18.19 Todd Stephenson (C.Todd, S.Stephenson)
    1:1 - 23.50 Joep Vercammen (Raekelboom, B.Vercammen)
    1:2 - 45.51 Darren Corstens (C.Todd)
    1:3 - 50.05 Darren Corstens(2) (Cliff)
    PIM: 3x2 - 3x2 SOG: 42-25 Att: 169
    Goalkeepers: Bjorn Steijlen 17/18 (Mike Jansen 5/7) - Anthony Kimlin 41/42
    Ref: Alexandre Bourreau (FRA) Linesmen: Trpimir Piragic (CRO), Marko Sakovic (CRO)
    BEL: Steijlen Bjorn (19.51 Jansen Mike); Engelen Jens, de Herdt Niki, Morgan Vincent +C, Morgan Mitch, Geerts Don, Maas Lorenzo, Gyesbreghs Vadim +A, Vercammen Joep, Vercammen Ben, Raekelboom Jan +A, Vroemans Nils, Paulus Jordan, Leirs Dries, Kolodziejczyk Bryan, Steijnen Dries, Wouters Pieter-Jan, Frannssen Yente, Dewin Timo, Thurura Dean, Torremans Ben
    AUS: Kimlin Anthony; Graham Todd, Darcy Kevin, Darge Wehebe, Powell Thomas, Webster Lliam +C, Kudla David, Greer Sean, Cliff William, Schlamp Michael +A, Corstens Darren, Manco Tomas, Huxley David, Todd Cameron, Stephenson Todd, Stephenson Scott +A, Jones Sean, Funes Brian, Bale Jonathan, Wilson Samuel, Kyros Jordan

Banned
    Croatia's shot differential was around 11-1 to start the game against serbia. It was probably a sign of bad things to come to serbia. But... it seems that both goalies are not doing too good.

I am a bit shocked at how fast it went from 4-0 to 4-3.

IHF Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by woppa View Post
    Croatia's shot differential was around 11-1 to start the game against serbia. It was probably a sign of bad things to come to serbia. But... it seems that both goalies are not doing too good.

It seemed like the whole croatian team stopped playing at 4-0, including Tomljenovic. Lukovic hasn't really played that well either. Luckily the croatians got the 5th goal near the end of 2nd period.

Serbia looked really down from the beginning of the first period. They are by far slower than the Croatians and the defense is quite messy.
    And then we have MrLukovic at goal.
    Man, I don´t really understand the guy. He made some things that if I wouldn´t already been grey-haired I propably turned now. Messing with the puck behind the goal several times. And the out of nowhere he shows really classy skills. Unbeliveble.

After the fourth goal Serbs attacked more and the Croatian defense opened up. Serbia played a bit faster and for a second Croatians turned from cool to confused.
    The Serbian defense is as I said messy. A bit confused maybe. Thats Serbias weakest part for the moment.

All in all: there is no doubt that Croatia is the better team than Serbia. Hecimovic, Mac and Prpic plays really good and makes a good difference.

Yet I´m surprised that Serbia despite of their lack of season still keeps quiet even steps with the hosts.

End of story. The better team won even if Serbia tried to challenge. They had a couple of chances in the first five or six minutes that at least could have put some nerve into the game.

Congrats to Croatia. It felt like they had some more potentials to show. Yet I think they must step a little bit more to have the chance to remain in div IB. At times I saw some worrying things in the defense that could be costly in a higher division. Prpic was the man of the game in my eyes.

Congrats of course to Serbia too. Hell of heart and guts in the team - no doubt. I excpected a little from Nemanja Vucurevic and Dimitrije Filipovic but I was perhaps unrealistic. Milovanovic, Nemanja Jankovic and especially Sretovic played really good. A better domestic league, at least one team competeting in a regional league and some serious practicing with the defense could give some results...

Day 4; Game 12

Serbia - Croatia 4:6 (0:2, 3:3, 1:1)
    0:1 - 09.35 Joel Prpic (Lovrencic, Rendulic) PP2
    0:2 - 15.31 Borna Rendulic (Lovrencic, Tomljenovic) SH1
    0:3 - 22.02 Kenny MacAulay (Rendulic)
    0:4 - 29.43 Joel Prpic(2) (Miric, Lovrencic) PP1
    1:4 - 32.02 Marko Sretovic (Jankovic) PP1
    2:4 - 32.53 Nenad Rakovic
    3:4 - 34.16 Marko Sretovic(2) (Sabados, Jankovic)
    3:5 - 36.26 John Hecimovic (Lovrencic, Markovic)
    3:6 - 52.48 Tadija Miric (Sertich) PP1
    4:6 - 56.05 Dimitrije Filipovic (Vucurevic)
    PIM: 4x2 - 3x2 SOG: 34-46 Att: 3217
    Goalkeepers: Milan Lukovic 40/46 - Mate Tomljenovic 30/34
    Ref: Marc Wiegand (SUI) Linesmen: Andrei Haurylenka (BLR), James Kavanagh (GBR)
    SRB: Lukovic Milan; Brkusanin Marko, Sabados Robert, Jankovic Nemanja +A, Sretovic Marko +C, Milovanovic Marko, Komazec Dragan, Ilic Stefan, Ristic Srdjan +A, Babic Milos, Rakovic Nenad, Korac Mihajlo, Lukovic Aleksa, Vucurevic Aleksa, Filipovic Dimitrije, Trimcevic Filip, Plavsic Dominik, Cengeri Viktor
    CRO: Tomljenovic Mate; Sijan Ivan, MacAulay Kenny, Blagus Mislav, Kanaet Dominik, Rendulic Borna +A, Markovic Luka, Sertich Andy, Hecimovic John, Lovrencic Marko +A, Prpic Joel +C, Tadic Marko, Senzel Nikola, Cunko Tomislav, Brencun Ivan, Mikulic Luka, Jacmenjak Igor, Sakic Marko, Miric Tadija

Quote Originally Posted by sloklo View Post
    Congrats to Croatia. It felt like they had some more potentials to show. Yet I think they must step a little bit more to have the chance to remain in div IB. At times I saw some worrying things in the defense that could be costly in a higher division.
    Have to get there before you can even start talking about remaining there. ;)

Goalie Mr Lukovic was amazing advantage for Croats and it was obvious from the beginning that he is not for this level (his category is under 16). Croats better, it was visibly that they are better. Serbian team very confused in PP and PK situations but they deserved this result, realy very proudly fight from all of them. Bravo!

p.s.
    Lukovic is ready for domestic league now :/

IHF Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by fikret View Post
    Goalie Mr Lukovic was amazing advantage for Croats and it was obvious from the beginning that he is not for this level (his category is under 16). Croats better, it was visibly that they are better. Serbian team very confused in PP and PK situations but they deserved this result, realy very proudly fight from all of them. Bravo!

p.s.
    Lukovic is ready for domestic league now :/
    Even though admittedly Lukovic wasn't up to the challenge, Serbia didn't lose the game due to the goalie. Croatia was simply miles ahead of the game, even though it looked like they really didn't even have to try. Actually, Croatia didn't play that good a game at all, but just their basic game was enough. I'd say Lukovic is a good enough goalie for this level, Croatia is just too good to play 2nd div. Just my 5 cents though.

Quote Originally Posted by Starkovs View Post
    Have to get there before you can even start talking about remaining there. ;)
    Yeah, well...

I´m pretty sure...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sloklo View Post
    Yeah, well...

I´m pretty sure...
    Belgium has some chance to advance instead perhaps? Considering that they shut out serbia 4-0, and that serbia managed to actually score four goals on croatia... I think that the final result is not a done deal?

Does anyone have highlights for Serbia vs. Croatia?

Belgium has some chance to advance instead perhaps? Considering that they shut out serbia 4-0, and that serbia managed to actually score four goals on croatia... I think that the final result is not a done deal?
    I think that Belgium is at Serbias level and thats a step behind Croatia for the moment.
    Serbia tried and the effort they made last night was really good but that was there maximum and Croatias performance was not. Croatia is the best team here no doubt. And don´t forget that Belgium lost to Australia.

Nevertheless if there is a possibility for Belgium it is that they are possibly better trained than Serbia due to a better domestic season. I assume that they will play with a lot of discipline and patiently and not rush into anything and just wait for a chance. With better physics they can maybe, maybe worry the Croatians a bit.

The quality still is certainly on the hosts side but I think that they can´t go to this game half-hearted.

Result is much better than the situation on the ice. Cro team very powerful in the first period, and during the half of second. Then we have very quick 3 goals that has made advantage in favor of Serbian team, but advantage is not possible if you have on the net useless goalie :/
    Tisza Volán-Szegedi Vízmű SC

Serbian player in Hungary: "In Serbia the league is weak and some teams can't even get ice time. Here in Budapest hockey is much more serious. We have intense on- and off-ice practices each day and we play up to three games every week".

I was little suprised why Rankovic wasn't starter. Lukovic is making tons of rebounds and our 6th goal was on him.

Croatia is better team, but we simply stopped after 4:0. And kudos to Serbians for not giving up, they showed good team spirit.

Don't know what to expect against Belgium. They seemed as our main rival, but then they lose to Australia...

I was little suprised why Rankovic wasn't starter. Lukovic is making tons of rebounds and our 6th goal was on him.

Croatia is better team, but we simply stopped after 4:0. And kudos to Serbians for not giving up, they showed good team spirit.

Don't know what to expect against Belgium. They seemed as our main rival, but then they lose to Australia...
    I think that Lukovic is meant to be the 1st goalie and that Bera wanted to rest him before the clash with Croatia. As for Rankovic it is hard to see if is would be more focused than Lukovic after only one match.
    I think that the teamstaff propably wanted to put the more experienced goalie against Croatia with possible pressure from the stands and so on that usually follows the clashes between Croatia and Serbia.

I want to defend Lukovic a bit. Yes, he made some big mistakes but he also made a couple of great savings. And even though I think that Serbias defense at times played better than excpected (tons of players in front of Lukovic sometimes...) they also made few horrible mistakes. The last Croatian PP-goal was a good example when the defense seemed to think about planting springflowers rather than to defend their goal.

Good luck against Belgium tonight Croatia!

IHF Member
    Im shocked Spain are on their way down, didnt see that coming. They werent just Ander Alcaine's team last year, even without him they shouldnt have been relegated.

Day 5; Game 13

Australia - Spain 4:1 (2:0, 1:0, 1:1)
    1:0 - 02.16 Wehebe Darge (Cliff)
    2:0 - 18.58 William Cliff (Darcy, Corstens)
    3:0 - 31.09 Todd Graham (Webster)
    4:0 - 45.14 Cameron Todd (Schlamp, Corstens)
    4:1 - 47.44 Pablo Puyuelo (J.Munoz, Ubieto) PP2
    PIM: 6x2 - 4x2 SOG: 39-31 Att: 63
    Goalkeepers: Anthony Kimlin 30/31 - Luis Sokolov 16/19 (Bruno Gonzalez 19/20
    Ref: Marc Wiegand (SUI) Linesmen: Trpimir Piragic (CRO), Marko Sakovic (CRO)
    AUS: Kimlim Anthony; Graham Todd, Darcy Kevin, Stephenson Todd, Powell Thomas, Webster Lliam +C, Kudla David, Greer Sean, Schlamp Michael +A, Todd Cameron, Corstens Darren, Manco Tomas, Huxley David, Darge Wehebe, Cliff William, Stephenson Scott +A, Jones Sean, Funes Brian, Bale Jonathan, Wilson Samuel, Kyros Jordan
    ESP: Sokolov Luis (28.11 Gonzalez Bruno); Vea Alejandro, Betran Guillermo +A, Puyuelo Pablo, Munoz Juan, Gonzalez Pol, Paz Eduardo, Pedraz Alejandro, Garcia-Arias Javier, Carbonell Alejandro, Munoz Pablo +A, Vea Jorge, Ubieto Adrian, Betran Adrian, Vazquez Oscar, Sosa Adrian, Barnola Salvador +C, Martinez Zigor, Gavilanes Jose

Quote Originally Posted by Deanwick View Post
    Croatia is just too good to play 2nd div. Just my 5 cents though.
    Hopefully you are right, but we are going to find out if it's true today around 22:30.

Looking back I am glad that we didn't earn promotion last year, because we would have no chance, or very slim one, to stay in D1B this year. Except Rendulić, Marković and Cronucks majority of our team played nothing but domestic league or EBEL U20.

If nothing changes on better next season (croatian club in MOL, for example), at least we will have four more Cronucks at disposal (especially Ouzas) and that should boost are chances to survive in D1B.

Day 5; Game 14

Iceland - Serbia 5:1 (1:0, 2:1, 2:0)
    1:0 - 14.23 Bjorn Sigurdarson (Maack, Alengaard)
    1:1 - 22.47 Marko Milovanovic (Jankovic)
    2:1 - 28.27 Robin Hedstrom (Bjornsson, Gislason)
    3:1 - 29.27 Andri Mikaelsson (Hrafnsson)
    4:1 - 47.14 Olafur Bjornsson (Palsson, R.Hedstrom) PP1
    5:1 - 58.31 Jon Gislason (Palsson, Leifsson)
    PIM: 7x2 - 6x2 SOG: 32-30 Att: 143
    Goalkeepers: Dennis Hedstrom 29/30 - Arsenije Rankovic 12/15 (Milan Lukovic 15/17)
    Ref: Gergely Kincses (HUN) Linesmen: Andrei Haurylenka (BLR), Mihai-Ariel Trandafir (ROU)
    ISL: Hedstrom Dennis; Arnason Sigurdur, Jakobsson Bjorn, Thormodsson Egill, Hrafnsson Stefan, Bergmann Brynjar, Blondal Orri, Alengaard Emil +A, Maack Petur, Andresson Ulfar, Sigurdarson Bjorn, Palsson Robert, Jonsson Ingvar +C, Magnusson Jonas, Mikaelsson Andri, Leifsson Johann, Arnason Ingthor, Omarsson Tomas, Hedstrom Robin, Bjornsson Olafur, Gislason Jon +A
    SRB: Rankovic Arsenije (28.15 Lukovic Milan); Brkusanin Marko, Sabados Robert, Jankovic Nemanja +A, Sretovic Marko +C, Milovanovic Marko, Komazec Dragan, Ilic Stefan, Ristic Srdjan +A, Babic Milos, Rakovic Nenad, Korac Mihajlo, Lukovic Aleksa, Vucurevic Nemanja, Despotovic Aleksa, Filipovic Dimitrije, Trimcevic Filip, Plavsic Dominik, Cengeri Viktor

Icelands is turning into a nightmare-oponent för Serbia...

IHF Member
    I make that Iceland's highest ever finish in the IHWC, 31st. Well done.

Geoff

Serbia

I was little suprised why Rankovic wasn't starter.
    I think you got the answer to your question today. Rankovic allowed 3 goals on 15 shots against Iceland. He played excellent against Australia but that was just one game, and Lukovic is still (unfortunately) Serbia's best goaltender.

Croatia is promoted, they defeated Belgium 6-0. After two unsuccesful tournaments we finally managed to win a tournamentt.
    Hokej u Hrvatskoj ima svijetlu budućnost SAMO AKO mjerodavni ljudi rade svoj posao kako treba - Pršljen
    Hockey in Croatia has a bright future ONLY IF relevant people do their job right - Pršljen

A job well done for Belgium I would say. Avoided relegation, got some nice wins, kept the door for promotion open and picked up a silver medal. Hopefully the RBIHF keeps working hard on improving the Elite League and the grass roots level and the results will keep coming.

Day 5; Game 15

Croatia - Belgium 6:0 (2:0, 0:0, 4:0)
    1:0 - 01.20 Mislav Blagus (Kanaet, Rendulic)
    2:0 - 02.14 Marko Lovrencic (Hecimovic, Prpic)
    3:0 - 44.41 John Hecimovic (Kanaet, Sijan)
    4:0 - 45.51 Marko Lovrencic(2) (Hecimovic, Prpic)
    5:0 - 54.16 Borna Rendulic (Sakic)
    6:0 - 57.30 Borna Rendulic(2) (Kanaet, Blagus) PP1
    PIM: 6x2 - 10x2 SOG: 58-23 Att: 3700
    Goalkeepers: Mate Tomljenovic 23/23 - Bjorn Steijlen 52/58
    Ref: Daniel Gamper (ITA) Linesmen: Florian Hofer (AUT), James Kavanagh (GBR)
    CRO: Tomljenovic Mate; Markovic Luka, Sertich Andy, Blagus Mislav, Kanaet Dominik, Rendulic Borna +A, Tadic Marko, MacAulay Kenny, Hecimovic John, Lovrencic Marko +A, Prpic Joel +C, Senzel Nikola, Sijan Ivan, Cunko Tomislav, Miric Tadija, Mikulic Luka, Jacmenjak Igor, Brencun Ivan, Sakic Marko
    BEL: Steijlen Bjorn; Maas Lorenzo, Engelen Jens, de Herdt Niki, Morgan Vincent +C, Morgan Mitch, Gyesbreghs Vadim +A, Paulus Jordan, Vercammen Joep, Vercammen Ben, Raekelboom Jan +A, Vroemans Nils, Leirs Dries, Kolodziejczyk Bryan, Geerts Don, Steijnen Dries, Wouters Pieter-Jan, Franssen Yente, Dewin Timo, Thurura Dean, Torremans Ben

Table and rankings

RkCountryGPWOTWOTLLGF:GATP
    1 Croatia 5 5 0 0 0 27:8 15
    2 Belgium 5 3 0 0 2 15:13 9
    3 Iceland 5 2 1 0 2 16:16 8
    4 Australia 5 2 0 1 2 13:13 7
    5 Serbia 5 2 0 0 3 14:21 6
    6 Spain 5 0 0 0 5 12:26 0

RK Country
    1 Croatia
    2 Belgium
    3 Iceland
    4 Australia
    5 Serbia
    6 Spain
    *Croatia is promoted to Division I Group B
    *Spain is relegated to Division II Group B

Stats and Awards

PlayerGPGAPTS
    1John Hecimovic56612
    T2Joel Prpic55611
    -Marko Lovrencic53811
    4Vincent Morgan53710
    T5Born Rendulic5448
    -Emil Alengaard5358
    -Mitch Morgan5358
    T8Marko Sretovic5437
    -Darren Corstens5347
    -Nemanja Jankovic5167

PlayerGPGAASV%SO
    1Bjorn Steijlen52,3693,41
    2Mate Tomljenovic51,6093,21
    3Anthony Kimlin52,5692,50
    4Dennis Hedstrom53,0391,80
    5Milan Lukovic44,3288,20

Best players selected by Directorate
    GK: Bjorn Steijlen (BEL)
    DF: Andy Sertich (CRO)
    FW: Joel Prpic (CRO)

IHF Prospect
    Congrats to Croatia! A bright good tournament and finally the long-wanted promotion! The way I see it, things are looking up for croatian hockey right now :)

Given that KHL Medvescak attracts around 8,000 fans per game, and this over a few dozen home games, I'm wondering how come Croatia wasn't able to gather more than 3,700 as a tournament high during this short but important competition.

IHF Member
    Medveščak is popular not only among the hockey fans who visit national team games as well, but also among those who watch whatever is the main attraction in the town. Yesterday it was handball, today it is hockey, tommorow it will be something else.

Interesting choice, Serbian goalie Lukovic as the best in the team? Someone joking or what? Milan Lukovic 88,2 ! I'm sure that Croatia wouldn't be on the first place with him, even with stronger team :/
    http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/342/IHM342000_85J_1_0.pdf

Never mind, good result by Croats, all the best in Division 1B next year :/

Croatia was best in Zagreb and absolutely deserved Div1B ! Hope next year there will be more naturalized names because higher level need some stronger goalie, and minimum 2-3 players like Prpic and Sertich. I wish you all the best :P
    Last edited by BASSA; 23-04-2013 at 12:12.
    Tisza Volán-Szegedi Vízmű SC

Serbian player in Hungary: "In Serbia the league is weak and some teams can't even get ice time. Here in Budapest hockey is much more serious. We have intense on- and off-ice practices each day and we play up to three games every week".

Michael Ouzas, Dario Kostovic, Adam Naglich and Sasa Martinovic - all of them could play for Croatia next year. It should be an interesting tournament.

Can someone tell me what happened to Fred Perowne, Marc-André Fournier and Daniel Jacob (along with Pavel Popravka). Why are they they not called up to the national team? I know they're not in the domestic league anymore, but it doesn't change that they still have citizenship.

Congrats to Croatia on a well deserved promotion.

See? I told you guys Belgium would take silver!

What a disappointing performance by Spain..........incredible considering how good they were in 2011, playing against near-elite teams. Granted, they didn't have star goaltender Anders Alcaine (any idea as to why not?), but they still should have medaled considering their roster.

Meanwhile, considering the collapse of their national league, the collapse of Partizan as a professional team, and the absence of Marko Kovacevic, Serbia did very, very well. I really thought they would relegate.......instead, they picked up 2 wins and fought Croatia tooth and nail.

Quote Originally Posted by boris4c View Post
    Pavel Popravka. Why are they they not called up to the national team?
    Playing with club in Bronze series.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Brunengraber View Post
    Granted, they didn't have star goaltender Anders Alcaine (any idea as to why not?), but they still should have medaled considering their roster.
    Got injured during Liga Nacional play-offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Starkovs View Post
    Playing with club in Bronze series.
    What about the other Canadians though?

Quote Originally Posted by boris4c View Post
    Michael Ouzas, Dario Kostovic, Adam Naglich and Sasa Martinovic - all of them could play for Croatia next year. It should be an interesting tournament.
    With all those players + this year Cronucks (minus Hecimovic) we should stay in D1B. As I wrote earlier it is important that depth players like Cunko, Tadic, Miric plays in some competition like MOL league, as Slohokej doesn't exist anymore. With them playing serious league + cronucks and players from abroad (Markovic - Dukla, Rendulic - HPK ?, I heard rumor that Silovic will sign contract with Zvolen's A team) we could compete maybe for medal.

However, there is a lot of work to do in operation called "WC D1B 2014.".

Congrats to our players and staff on well deserved promotion.

p.s. first time in history that serbian athlete got cheer from croatian crowd (Milan Lukovic when he recieved his best player of Serbian team award). :)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information