24/4 Bulgaria Mexico 16.30Kocaeli B.B. Olimpik
    24/4 China Turkey 20.00Kocaeli B.B. Olimpik
    25/4 Israel Bulgaria 13.00Kocaeli B.B. Olimpik
    25/4 Mexico China 16.30Kocaeli B.B. Olimpik
    25/4 Turkey New Zealand 20.00Kocaeli B.B. Olimpik
    27/4 Mexico Israel 13.00Kocaeli B.B. Olimpik
    27/4 Bulgaria Turkey 16.30Kocaeli B.B. Olimpik
    27/4 New Zeland China 20.00Kocaeli B.B. Olimpik

As usual, Israel could have a very strong team, or a very weak team, depending on who shows up. Such is the price to pay when a nation has a very small talent pool without any real depth.

This year's squad would be very strong on offense if everyone who is rumored to come does in fact show up. Max Birbraer is healthy and will play if insurance issues can be worked out. Oren Eizenman is rumored to be rejoining the national program after several years away (he had disputes with the former federation regime). Eliezer Sherbatov should be there. There is even a rumor of Daniel Erlich playing this year. Add Daniel Mazour and Sergei Frenkel into the mix, and that is a VERY solid top two lines of offense at this level. Not sure if team captain Avishai Geller is making it this year......I've heard he may not, but I haven't spoken with him in a while.

Evgeni Gussin - now either 45 years old or very close to it - is still Israel's top option in goal, but he is hurt and needs knee surgery. He got hurt during the Israeli League season, which explains Bat Yam's precipitous decline this season. Goaltending will still be in good hands with Avihu Sorotzky, who is a big guy who covers a lot of net, and is a solid goalie. The backup may not be longtime national team member Boris Amromin (now in his late thirties). I am hearing that Alex Aharonov, the young (early twenties?) Maccabi Metulla goalie, may be the backup.

The biggest blow for Israel is that Daniel Spivak - by far the team's top defender - is hurt and will not be able to play. He got injured playing in his rookie professional season for the Fort Worth Brahmas of the Central Hockey League. The team should be able to have dual-nats such as Tal Avneri, Ron Soreanu, and Ran (Ron) Oz on the blueline.

Now the question is who actually shows up. If everyone does, I expect Israel to challenge for gold. If the pro guys and dual-nats can't make it, they'll fight to avoid relegation, but should still be able to get by Turkey.

IHF Member
    With the risk of getting myself laughed at (or even insulted), I would say that for me the Bulgarians are the favourites for promotion. Of course if they play with their best roster (with all 5 dual nat. players + the majority of the U20 national team which won a Silver medal this year). Bulgaria is clearly better than Mexico, Turkey and Israel (of course if their best players show up maybe they will fight for the gold as well, who knows), and on the top of all last year they defeated China (with all the Asia League players) with 3 goal-difference.
    I also need to add that I don't know anything about New Zealand (because in recent years they played in different divisions) but the match against them is on the first day. As you know well, New Zealand is very far away from Turkey and in my point of view they are going to have big problems with acclimatization, as well as clock difference. So as you see everything lies on the arms of the Lions.
    In recent years, Bulgarian junior hockey is making a big progress - there are some players in U20 and U18 Czech and Slovak Extraligues and 1.Ligues. Without doubt these young players will give an immensely boost to the national team of the country. They won 2 medals and three 4th places in the last 2 years (for U18 and U20), although being doormats in the previous 10 years.
    In the Bulgarian National League there are also only positive news in the last years. CSKA Sofia was bought by a rich bussinesman who bought the best players in Bulgaria and the club obtained professional status (it is known that soon players from abroad will be inveigled). The club is going to take part in the 2013/2014 Continental Cup, but I still don't know if they are going to join a foreign league (Serbia, Slovenia, Romania) or they will stay in the domestic one.
    The main players from Slavia Sofia also went to CSKA and at the moment only young players (between 16 and 30 years) play for the team - finally the biggest Bulgarian club depends on its own products. There are also some minor clubs that are also trying to achieve something with the youth, but the results will be visible in the next years and generations.
    The five best Bulgarian players (necessarily) are the duals - Alexei Yotov (who plays in Russia2 I guess), Stanislav Muhachev (CSKA Sofia), Roman Morgunov (Slavia Sofia), Georgi Iskrenov (Some team in NCAA or ACHA) and the new neutralized player from Slovakia Juraj Dusicka (plays for CSKA too). The young players from the U20 national team (who are ~7) can also achieve a lot. The everlasting Konstantin Mihaylov is now retired from the national team, and between the posts are the young 19-year-olds Nikola Nikolov and Radosvet Petrov. Let's not forget that with the help of some experienced players (having played in the last >10 WCs), the team can make it to the upper division.
    The only thing that worries me is that there are problems with some players (I don't know what kind of). But if everything is alright, it is a very realistic aim for the Bulgarians to promote. I wish them good luck for the Gold!

Interesting read, Kopitar11. Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. It is hard to get news on Bulgarian hockey, so your post is much appreciated.

The only player I can speak of here is Georgi Iskrenov. He's playing with the perennially strong Iowa State ACHA D1 team, and his numbers have been pretty solid.
    Twitter: @CSmeeth

IHF Member
    Hi Kopitar11, interesting read.

Im gutted Mihaylov has finally hung up his skates. Cheering his superhuman efforts in net each and every year, had become quite a tradition, as well as making him one of my favourite players in the international scene.
    Its nice to hear things are looking up for the Bulgarian Program, after the many years of them plugging away with limited resources and talent. It would be great to see the Bulgarians move upwards in the divisions. Nikolov played very well last year subbing for Mihaylov so the net looks to be in good hands.

I would love to see a full strength Israel, to see if they can be as good as always thought.
    What will China bring this year? Can New Zealand return to the form of two years ago. Have the Mexicans continued to Improve and have the Turks taken the step they need to survive at this level.

Definately and interesting group this year.

Banned
    @ Kopitar11

Great news for Bulgarian hockey.
    You have good hockey history and i hope that that "rich bussinesman" have good ideas for develompent ice hockey in your country.

IHF Member
    Good to hear about Bulgaria! I was starting to worry that they were heading down the path of little to no Ice Hockey at all.
    I bet they wish they still had Stoi(y?)an Batchvarov when he was in his prime.

By the way, does anyone know why its so hard to track down info on Alexei Yotov? I can never seem to find current information on him.

IHF Member
    Since there are all Preliminary Rosters uploaded, but the Bulgarian, I will give you a list that IS NOT OFFICIAL.

Goaltenders:

Teodor Asenov (Slavia)
    Nikola Nikolov (Slavia)
    Radosvet Petrov (Slavia)

Defenders:

Nikolay Bozhanov (CSKA)
    Viktor Chebishev (Slavia)
    Martin Giurov (Slavia)
    Samuel Gyurkov (NSA)
    Bogdan Ivanov (HC Benátky nad Jizerou-CZE)
    Stanislav Kanchev (NSA)
    Petar Mihov (CSKA)
    Martin Milanov (Slavia)
    Roman Morgunov (Slavia)
    Petar Nikolov (Slavia)
    Kristian Radovanov (Slavia)
    Yavor Slavchev (Slavia)
    Bogdan Stefanov (CSKA)
    Tsvetan Tsvetanov (Slavia)
    Aleksandar Vasilev (HC Junior Mělník-CZE)
    Vasiliy Vasilev (NSA)
    Dimo Yordanov (NSA)

Forwards:

Rosen Asenov (Slavia)
    Atanas Atanasov (CSKA)
    Martin Boyadjiev (CSKA)
    Zdravko Dimitrov (NSA)
    Juraj Dusicka (CSKA)
    Stefan Georgiev (Portsmouth University-GBR)
    Maksim Eftimov (BK Mladá Boleslav-CZE)
    Petar Hadjitonev (CSKA)
    Ivan Hodulov (ŠHK 37 Piešťany-SVK)
    Rosen Hristov (CSKA)
    Georgi Iskrenov (Iowa State University-ACHA)
    Teodor Kraynyanov (Slavia)
    Dimitar Miloshev (Slavia)
    Georgi Mladenov (CSKA)
    Stanislav Muhachev (CSKA)
    Martin Nikolov (HC Junior Mělník-CZE)
    Hari Papazov (Totonka-AUT)
    Nathan Saint-James (Nice-FRA)
    Simon Simeonov (Slavia)
    Ivan Slavov (NSA)
    Svetlin Stoev (NSA)
    Martin Talev (Slavia)
    Aleksandar Todorov (Slavia)
    Aleksandar Yanev (Slavia)
    Alexei Yotov (Titan Klin-RUS)

It would be a big surprise if there is a player in the final squad, who is not in these 50.
    Last edited by kopitar11; 12-04-2013 at 19:20. Reason: Mistake

IHF Prospect
    Konstantin Mihaylov will play this year too. Juraj Dusicka not yet ready passport and unfortunately will not participate this year!

Anyone know if there will be a live video ?

I'm going to go with my heart and vote Israel to promote in the poll, but the reality is I have no idea as to how to estimate their chances until I see the final roster. I think Turkey will continue to be a Div. 2B / Div. 3 elevator nation for now.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kopitar11 View Post
    With the risk of getting myself laughed at (or even insulted), I would say that for me the Bulgarians are the favourites for promotion. Of course if they play with their best roster (with all 5 dual nat. players + the majority of the U20 national team which won a Silver medal this year). Bulgaria is clearly better than Mexico, Turkey and Israel (of course if their best players show up maybe they will fight for the gold as well, who knows), and on the top of all last year they defeated China (with all the Asia League players) with 3 goal-difference.
    I also need to add that I don't know anything about New Zealand (because in recent years they played in different divisions) but the match against them is on the first day. As you know well, New Zealand is very far away from Turkey and in my point of view they are going to have big problems with acclimatization, as well as clock difference. So as you see everything lies on the arms of the Lions.
    In recent years, Bulgarian junior hockey is making a big progress - there are some players in U20 and U18 Czech and Slovak Extraligues and 1.Ligues. Without doubt these young players will give an immensely boost to the national team of the country. They won 2 medals and three 4th places in the last 2 years (for U18 and U20), although being doormats in the previous 10 years.
    In the Bulgarian National League there are also only positive news in the last years. CSKA Sofia was bought by a rich bussinesman who bought the best players in Bulgaria and the club obtained professional status (it is known that soon players from abroad will be inveigled). The club is going to take part in the 2013/2014 Continental Cup, but I still don't know if they are going to join a foreign league (Serbia, Slovenia, Romania) or they will stay in the domestic one.
    The main players from Slavia Sofia also went to CSKA and at the moment only young players (between 16 and 30 years) play for the team - finally the biggest Bulgarian club depends on its own products. There are also some minor clubs that are also trying to achieve something with the youth, but the results will be visible in the next years and generations.
    The five best Bulgarian players (necessarily) are the duals - Alexei Yotov (who plays in Russia2 I guess), Stanislav Muhachev (CSKA Sofia), Roman Morgunov (Slavia Sofia), Georgi Iskrenov (Some team in NCAA or ACHA) and the new neutralized player from Slovakia Juraj Dusicka (plays for CSKA too). The young players from the U20 national team (who are ~7) can also achieve a lot. The everlasting Konstantin Mihaylov is now retired from the national team, and between the posts are the young 19-year-olds Nikola Nikolov and Radosvet Petrov. Let's not forget that with the help of some experienced players (having played in the last >10 WCs), the team can make it to the upper division.
    The only thing that worries me is that there are problems with some players (I don't know what kind of). But if everything is alright, it is a very realistic aim for the Bulgarians to promote. I wish them good luck for the Gold!

All of this that you wrote is rubish and had nothing to do with real situation. A lot of wrong information. Please dont look any more with pink glasses...
    But if we know that you are not from Bulgaria, that you just pick up this from iihf site, then this is just normal.

Alexei Yotov playing in Russian2---this is the best part( he is guessing..). Maybe he is playing VHL on sony playstation
    Last edited by Marc Brunengraber; 16-04-2013 at 20:20. Reason: deleted portion that violates board rules

Balboa, if you think (or claim to know for a fact) that what Kopitar11 has posted is incorrected, then let's see your proof.

Banned
    Fasinating that he is one day from Sofia and second day from Belgrade.
    Bulgarian member correct him in a proper way. I really dont have a wish to proof something that is irrelevant. He had no idea what is going in Bulgarian ice hockey. But it is obvious that he is Serbian member who have also another nick on this forum.

Even I(I am from Serbia) knows that Alexei Yotov is not playing VHL league. Every Bulgarian ice hockey fun knows that, especially someone who is from Sofia( first time he declare that he is from Sofia, but now when it is obvious that he is not from Bulgaria, he is now from Belgrade)

I just dont know why he is always represent himself like someone else...He have no identity, it is very sad.
    Last edited by BALBOA; 16-04-2013 at 20:42.

Balboa made a mistake, Kopitar has declared itself that he is from Sofia. I do not understand what the problem is? :/
    Great news from Bulgaria :)

p.s.
    levsofia
    Konstantin Mihaylov will play this year too. Juraj Dusicka not yet ready passport and unfortunately will not participate this year!
    :/

Sorry Balboa, my mistake :/

p.s.
    Anyway, an interesting story from Bulgaria :)
    http://eurohockey.com/article/2479-c...a-is-back.html

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BALBOA View Post

All of this that you wrote is rubish and had nothing to do with real situation. A lot of wrong information. Please dont look any more with pink glasses...
    But if we know that you are not from Bulgaria, that you just pick up this from iihf site, then this is just normal.

Alexei Yotov playing in Russian2---this is the best part( he is guessing..). Maybe he is playing VHL on sony playstation
    The only thing that I am not sure is Yotov's situation! I really don't know if he's still playing serious hockey but he is still good. Please tell me what do I lie about? U20 Bulgaria = Silver medal, U20 U18 players = Slovakia and Czech, CSKA = professionals (they get paid and will participate somewhere next season), federation has some problems with players. Mihaylov said last year that he's going to retire, but he has changed his decision!

IHF Member
    I also want to say that this is my first registration in this forum! I haven't written any messages here EVER BEFORE! This guy thinks that I am someone else but I am not him! Please don't mistake me with someone else. And also I want to appologise for the mistake: Yotov doesn't play anywhere, currently he is without a club! Mihaylov was retired from the team (he said so last year) but he has changed his mind. Everything that you have read (except these 2 details) are true, believe me! Please BALBOA, stop insulting me I am not that guy, you think I am, I will prove you :)

We will not be seeing future posts from Balboa. He has, after multiple warnings, refused to abide by our rules to treat each other with respect, even if we disagree. We are allowed to debate and argue here, but it must be done in a civil fashion. He refused to follow that rule.

In any event, Kopitar11, I and others found your post to be both interesting and informative. Feel free to post as much as you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Brunengraber View Post
    We will not be seeing future posts from Balboa. He has, after multiple warnings, refused to abide by our rules to treat each other with respect, even if we disagree. We are allowed to debate and argue here, but it must be done in a civil fashion. He refused to follow that rule.

In any event, Kopitar11, I and others found your post to be both interesting and informative. Feel free to post as much as you wish.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by BALBOA View Post
    Fasinating that he is one day from Sofia and second day from Belgrade.
    Bulgarian member correct him in a proper way. I really dont have a wish to proof something that is irrelevant. He had no idea what is going in Bulgarian ice hockey. But it is obvious that he is Serbian member who have also another nick on this forum.

Even I(I am from Serbia) knows that Alexei Yotov is not playing VHL league. Every Bulgarian ice hockey fun knows that, especially someone who is from Sofia( first time he declare that he is from Sofia, but now when it is obvious that he is not from Bulgaria, he is now from Belgrade)

I just dont know why he is always represent himself like someone else...He have no identity, it is very sad.
    I can confirm, through my own means, that he is indeed from Bulgaria, and in fact, Sofia. Perhaps you should do a little more checking and a little less attacking.

That being said, it seems fairly clear that Yotov hasn't played in VHL or equivalent high-end league in nearly a decade. That the Bulgarian federation still has him listed with Vityaz Chekhov (a KHL team) shows how outdated their own information is, and this should be checked by the IIHF during registration IMO.

edit: Marc B fixed what I was about to. We're good.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steigs View Post
    I can confirm, through my own means, that he is indeed from Bulgaria, and in fact, Sofia. Perhaps you should do a little more checking and a little less attacking.

That being said, it seems fairly clear that Yotov hasn't played in VHL or equivalent high-end league in nearly a decade. That the Bulgarian federation still has him listed with Vityaz Chekhov (a KHL team) shows how outdated their own information is, and this should be checked by the IIHF during registration IMO.

edit: Marc B fixed what I was about to. We're good.
    I want to thank: Mark Brunengraber, nzice and Steigs! And I want to say sorry for the wrong information (about Alexei Yotov). I swear that everything else that I said is the truth.
    Yotov's situation is: he hasn't played serious hockey for a decade. He only comes to Bulgaria 1/2 weeks before the WC and after that plays for fun. He is still good though. In the past he used to play in VHL (Russia2) and Russia3 for Titan Klin and Vityaz Chekhov-2 (Farmteam).
    If somebody wants to ask me something more about BG ice hockey: just send me a personal message :) I have a lot of information.

No need to apologize, Kopitar11. We want everyone here - new members, old members, to feel comfortable posting, and we will not allow anyone to act the way that Balboa continually chose to act, despite multiple warnings and chances.

I do not know the final Israeli roster yet. However, I am told that the offense will be very strong. I am also told that most of the dual-nat defensemen cannot make it this year, so the defense will be hard pressed to compete at this level. The Israelis will need to play a 1980's run-and-gun, high-scoring style game, and hope that Avihu Sorotzky plays the tournament of his life, to have a chance of success.

IHF Prospect
    Second that. IMO Israel should focus on offence. Like Brasil in soccer - we score as much as we can, opposite side scores as much as we allow. Hope Perron is able to make it!

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IHfan View Post
    Second that. IMO Israel should focus on offence. Like Brasil in soccer - we score as much as we can, opposite side scores as much as we allow. Hope Perron is able to make it!
    Welcome!

Welcome, IHfan.

Israel will be missing 4 of its top 6 defensemen. Daniel Spivak, far and away Israel's best blueliner, is hurt and missed a large portion of his rookie pro season in the Central League as a result. Dual-nats Daniel Bochner & Ron Soreanu will not be there. Artiom Korotin will also not be in Turkey. Luckily for Israel, Tal Avneri and Ran (Ron) Oz will both play. I assume that they, along with Mikhael Horowitz, will see most of the ice time. Not sure who the other D-men will be.

Good news and bad news from the Israeli team......

Max Birbraer WILL play, as he managed to secure appropriate insurance to guard against potential injury.

Apparently, however, Eliezer Sherbatov - a regular fixture and extremely imporant player for Israel - will NOT be there.

IHF Member
    Aghh. Always seems to be a mixed bag for Israel. I'm ecstatic that Birbraer will be playing but bummed that Sherbatov won't be there.
    Marc, would you happen to know why he won't be available?

Yeah, it's frustrating. If Israel ever managed to get all of their best guys at once, they'd be a solid Div. 1B team instead of a marginal Div. 2B team. When they get a skeleton crew, they're a Div. 3 team.

I am not sure why Sherbatov isn't coming, but I hear that it may be an undisclosed injury that needs to heal.

I am basically hearing that the offense will still be strong by Israeli standards, but that the defense will be thin.

I'm really trying to get a final roster.......but I haven't been able to nail it down despite having about a dozen sources to draw from. I'll probably know the final roster when it gets published on the IIHF site like everybody else.

IHF Member
    http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/350/IHM3500BUL_32E_1_0.pdf - Official Bulgarian Entry List. However, there are numerous mistakes!

Martin Boyadjiev plays for CSKA Sofia. Georgi Iskrenov doesn't play for Washington Jr. Nationals in AtJHL anymore, he is in ACHA (D1) for Iowa State University. Stanislav Kanchev plays for the Bulgarian runners-up - NSA. Martin Milanov is the Captain of Slavia Sofia. Roman Morgunov doesn't have a club, in fact I don't know if he has trained seriously for the last several months. Both Martin Nikolov and Aleksandar Vasilev were transfered from HC Benatky nad Jizerou to HC Junior Melnik at the beginning of the season. Vasiliy Vasilev plays for NSA, and Alexei Yotov - no club. I don't know the situation with Hodulov, but I think he plays somewhere in Slovakia.

I don't know the situation with Hodulov, but I think he plays somewhere in Slovakia.
    He started the year with Piešťany but he either left or the club cut him because he is no longer on the roster and after awhile he stops showing up on the match roster.

IHF Member
    Mexico is flying at this moment from Frankfurt to Istanbul... a confident group I can say, four complete lines to play for first time in a long time... let's see how this will go for them.

IHF Member

Mexico Until final lists provided... Too many unanswered questions and guessing...

No final list provided and everyone will be guessing...

1) Will young players from Bulgaria give an opportunity to win promotion?... I don't think so, not enough muscle yet
    2) Will important players for Israel shows up and make them win this time?... Maybe.
    3) Will NZL capitalize their experience in the group 2A from last year?... Could be.
    4) Will the new U20 and U18 players from China help them to win?... Don't know.
    5) Will Mexico arrive with all their important players this time?... Should be.
    6) Will Turkey avoid relegation playing at home?... Improbable but not impossible.

This one should be an interesting championship, many teams with possibilities to make history, but as usual, every game played will let us know...

Quote Originally Posted by Robocop2008 View Post
    4) Will the new U20 and U18 players from China help them to win?... Don't know.
    Or are the juniors there because nobody else can fill the breach?
    Bringing ice hockey to Northwest China!

I'm the hole formerly known as KazakhEagles

Big news for Israel...........Dan Erlich will play for the nats for the first time since he was a U18 player!!!!!! Oren Eizenman has returned to the national team!!!!!!!! I am truly glad that both of these guys have chosen to reaffiliate with Israel Hockey.

The Israeli offense will include Eizenman, Birbraer, Erlich, Mazour, Frenkel & Avishai Geller.

Forum member Tal Avneri & Ron (Ran) Oz will be counted on to play 30+ minutes every game on defense.......good luck to them!

Our good friend here at the forums Hckeyguy25 (Josh Greenberg) has made the final cut on offense! Good job Josh!

Best of luck to the blue and white! I hope they play 1980's Edmonton Oilers, run and gun style offensive hockey and win the gold.

Big test against China in the first game.

http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/350/IHM3500BUL_32E_1_0.pdf - Official Bulgarian Entry List. However, there are numerous mistakes!

Martin Boyadjiev plays for CSKA Sofia. Georgi Iskrenov doesn't play for Washington Jr. Nationals in AtJHL anymore, he is in ACHA (D1) for Iowa State University. Stanislav Kanchev plays for the Bulgarian runners-up - NSA. Martin Milanov is the Captain of Slavia Sofia. Roman Morgunov doesn't have a club, in fact I don't know if he has trained seriously for the last several months. Both Martin Nikolov and Aleksandar Vasilev were transfered from HC Benatky nad Jizerou to HC Junior Melnik at the beginning of the season. Vasiliy Vasilev plays for NSA, and Alexei Yotov - no club. I don't know the situation with Hodulov, but I think he plays somewhere in Slovakia.
    Georgi had 14 points in 28 games with Iowa State, as a freshman (albeit an older one). He should be a solid offensive threat for Bulgaria, yeah. Right now, he's on his way over, as he had some connection issues flying over.
    Twitter: @CSmeeth

Bulgaria Bulgaria final roster

Goalkeepers
    Konstantin Mihaylov (CSKA Sofia)
    Nikola Nikolov (Slavia Sofia)

Defenders
    Kristian Radovanov (Slavia Sofia)
    Cvetan Cvetanov (Slavia Sofia)
    Bogdan Stefanov (Slavia Sofia)
    Martin Giurov (Slavia Sofia)
    Viktor Chebishev (Slavia Sofia)
    Nikolay Bozhanov (CSKA Sofia)
    Stanislav Kanchev (Slavia Sofia)

Forwards
    Yavor Slavchev (Slavia Sofia)
    Maksim Eftimov (BK Mlada Boleslav)
    Martin Milanov (Dinamo Sofia)
    Martin Talev (Slavia Sofia)
    Svetlin Stoev (NSA Sofia)
    Samuel Gyurkov (NSA Sofia)
    Vasil Piperevski (NSA Sofia)
    Martin Nikolov (HC Benatky)
    Martin Boyadjiev (Slavia Sofia)

China China final roster

Goalkeepers
    Shengrong Xia (Harbin)
    Zhiwei Liu (Harbin)

Defenders
    Longtan Liu (Qiqihar)
    Tengyi Fu (Harbin)
    Chao Wen (Harbin)
    Tianyu Hu (Qiqihar)
    Qing Liu (Qiqihar)
    Tianyi Guan (Harbin)
    Mingxi Yang (Qiqihar)
    Jiabing Liu (Jiamusi)

Forwards
    Jiachang Bao (Harbin)
    Nan Fu (Qiqihar)
    Tianxiang Xia (Harbin)
    Chongwei Wang (Qiqihar)
    Jin Chen (Changchun)
    Xinlei Li (Harbin)
    Hao Zhang (Harbin)
    Zhengyu Li (Qiqihar)
    Peng Ji (Harbin)
    Yin He (Harbin)
    Cheng Zhang (Qiqihar)
    Ling Chen (Qiqihar)

Israel Israel final roster

Goalkeepers
    Avihu Sorotzky (MAC Metulla)
    Alex Aharonov (Bat Yam Icebergs)

Defenders
    Ran Oz (MAC Metulla)
    Navot Kantor (Maalot)
    Evgeni Margoulis (Kfar Saba)
    Shai Maaravi (MAC Metulla)
    Mikhael Horowitz (MAC Metulla)
    Raanan Moscovich (MAC Metulla)

Forwards
    Daniel Golodnizky (Maalot)
    Evgeni Kniter (MAC Metulla)
    Daniel Mazour (Maalot)
    Daniel Erlich (University of Western Ontario)
    Tal Avneri (Rishon)
    Joshua Greenberg (Bat Yam Icebergs)
    Avishai Geller (Bat Yam Icebergs)
    Ron Vainshtein (MAC Metulla)
    Maxim Birbraer (Cardiff Devils)
    Oren Eizenmann (Nippon Paper Cranes)

Mexico Mexico final roster

Goalkeepers
    Andres de la Garma (Zapotec Totems)
    Alfonso de Alba (Aztec Eagles Warriors)

Defenders
    Miguel Colas (Aztec Eagles Warriors)
    Luis Alberto de la Vega (Mayan Astronomers)
    Fernando Ugarte (Teotihuacan Priests)
    Luis David Gonzalez (Teotihuacan Priests)
    Francisco Padilla (Zapotec Totems)
    Alejandro Rosette (Aztec Eagles Warriors)

Forwards
    Julian Ramirez (Zapotec Totems)
    Brian Arroyo (Puebla Talaveros)
    Ruben Cuevas (Mayan Astronomers)
    Alexis Cervantes (Mayan Astronomers)
    Alexander Gutierrez (Mayan Astronomers)
    Carlos Gomez (Aztec Eagle Warriors)
    Santiago Sierra (Aztec Eagle Warriors)
    Cristofer Kelo (Mayan Astronomers)
    Manuel Sierra (Mayan Astronomers)
    Diego Linares (Aztec Eagle Warriors)
    Christian Smithers (Mayan Astronomers)
    Adrian Cervantes (Mayan Astronomers)
    Roberto Chabat (Aztec Eagle Warriors)

New Zealand New Zealand final roster

Goalkeepers
    Richard Parry (Dunedin Thunder)
    Vincent Mitalas (Canterbury Red Devils)

Defenders
    Jamie Lawrence (Canterbury Red Devils)
    Stefan Spijkerman (Canterbury Red Devils)
    Cameron Frear (Dunedin Thunder)
    Richard Idoine (Botany Swarm)
    Berton Haines (Southern Stampede)
    Andrew Hay (Botany Swarm)
    Regan Wilson (Dunedin Thunder)
    Daniel Nicholls (West Auckland Admirals)

Forwards
    Charlie Huber (Adelaide Adrenaline)
    Brett Speirs (Southern Stampede)
    Keegan Harnett (Botany Swarm)
    Nicholas Henderson (West Auckland Admirals)
    Ian Wannamaker (Botany Swarm)
    Paris Heyd (Dunedin Thunder)
    Gareth McLeish (West Auckland Admirals)
    Jeremy Chai (West Auckland Admirals)
    Joshua Hay (Botany Swarm)
    Jordan Challis (Botany Swarm)
    Andrew Cox (Perth Thunder)

Turkey Turkey final roster

Goalkeepers
    Fikri Atali (Kocaeli Izmit)
    Erol Kahraman (Baskent Yildizlari Ankara)

Defenders
    Baris Coskun (Zeytinburnu Istanbul)
    Galip Hamarat (Baskent Yildizlari Ankara)
    Savas Akturk (Izmir BB)
    Gokhun Ozturk (Kocaeli Izmit)
    Kerem Islam (Koc University Istanbul)
    Gurkan Cetinkaya (Izmir BB)
    Emre Faner (Erzurum GSK)
    Gokturk Tasdemir (Baskent Yildizlari Ankara)

Forwards
    Eren Ergin (Vienna Flowers)
    Tugcan Ayyildiz (Kocaeli Izmit)
    Batin Kosemen (Kocaeli Izmit)
    Serkan Gumus (Izmir BB)
    Yavuz Karakovc (Kocaeli Izmit)
    Emrah Ozmen (Izmir BB)
    Emre Elevli (Baskent Yildizlari Ankara)
    Erdogan Coskun (Izmir BB)
    Gokalp Solak (Baskent Yildizlari Ankara)
    Yusuf Halil (Izmir BB)
    Alper Solak (Baskent Yildizlari Ankara)
    Serdar Semiz (Izmir BB)

IHF Member
    Trim rosters for Israel and Bulgaria... From my perspective, Bulgaria will need Hadulov and Iskrenov and Israel will miss a lot Shervatov and Frenkel. From Mexico I think his best defender #3 Escandon didn't have permission from his College to participate. The Chinese team is really young as we supposed to be.

Hope that 2 more players arrive for Bulgaria and Israel or they will be suffering a lot in their final games.

Amazing with the almost 50 year old Mihailov still going strong in net for Bulgaria. Not sure if it also a sign of a severe lack of quality alternatives however. Should be an interesting tournament looking at these rosters...very interesting Israel offensive at for one thing. Also looking forward to see what New Zealand can contribute with. And not least Turkey with their two new dual nats.
    Last edited by WHawks; 21-04-2013 at 02:13.

Sergei Frenkel is in Turkey and will play for Israel. Tal Avneri is listed as a forward but plays defense.

Anyone know if there will be a live video feed ? ?

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Starkovs View Post
    Goalkeepers
    Konstantin Mihaylov (CSKA Sofia)
    Nikola Nikolov (Slavia Sofia)

Defenders
    Kristian Radovanov (Slavia Sofia)
    Cvetan Cvetanov (Slavia Sofia)
    Bogdan Stefanov (Slavia Sofia)
    Martin Giurov (Slavia Sofia)
    Viktor Chebishev (Slavia Sofia)
    Nikolay Bozhanov (CSKA Sofia)