Thread: Prague

Prague

Hi guys, I'll be in Prague from July 13-25, and I was wondering if there's anywhere I can pick up Slavia Prague, Sparta Prague, or Lev Praha merchandise and the like. If it helps, I'll be staying in a hotel located directly on the Vltava waterfront. Thanks.
    Twitter: @CSmeeth

IHF Member
    Sparta and Lev have a joint club shop at the Tipsport Arena which is open Monday-Friday 13.00-18.00.
    The address is Za elektrárnou 419, 170 00 Praha 7. Its near the Holesovice metro and train stations or you could walk-its not that far from the river depending on exactly where you are staying.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ta...2C%20Praha%207

Slavia play at the o2 Arena which is out of town-dont think there's anything at the arena except on match days but I think they have a club shop still at their old stadium which is Zimní stadion EDEN, Vladivostocká 1460/10 Praha 10 - Vršovice but I dont know about opening hours-especially off season. Their football team are based nearby so there's definitely a club shop for them there.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ta...2C%20Praha%207

I'm sure there will be other hockey stores in Praha where could pick up merchandise but I cant remember anywhere that I saw when I was last there.

Cool, thank you!

Also, I was wondering if anybody had an idea of how expensive these club memorabilia things would be, as I'm trying to budget myself when I'm there

Quote Originally Posted by Conesy View Post
    Also, I was wondering if anybody had an idea of how expensive these club memorabilia things would be, as I'm trying to budget myself when I'm there
    Prices in the EU seem to be the same anywhere for merch. I'd say around €50/60 euros for the most current jerseys, €15-25 for a t-shirt or hoodie
    Dinamo Riga, Manchester Storm

Ok on their webstore for Lev Prague it converts at $60 for their jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Garethw87 View Post
    Ok on their webstore for Lev Prague it converts at $60 for their jersey
    Geez, if only prices here in the States were that awesome. I may have to get me one of them then!

Geez, if only prices here in the States were that awesome. I may have to get me one of them then!
    To be fair, the US dollar is stronger then the Czech crown so that helps you out a lot, a simple jersey will run you 1200kr or 4200kr. I know you dont really seem to have a preference between the clubs but I might suggest checking out Sparta Praha, they always have some really nice stuff.

Hope you enjoy your trip, have always enjoyed my time in Prague. :)

Yeah, I realize the dollar is stronger than the koruna, so that's definitely nice. I realize Sparta Praha has some nice stuff, but I've been a huge fan of Lev Praha and their gear-they have awesome jerseys. And thanks Starkovs, I will!

Quote Originally Posted by Starkovs View Post
    To be fair, the US dollar is stronger then the Czech crown so that helps you out a lot, a simple jersey will run you 1200kr or 4200kr. I know you dont really seem to have a preference between the clubs but I might suggest checking out Sparta Praha, they always have some really nice stuff.

Hope you enjoy your trip, have always enjoyed my time in Prague. :)
    Hahah! Sparta Praha image and jerseys look great! I'm off to Prague later this year and will probably end up buying both :D (and watching both hopefully!)

Hahah! Sparta Praha image and jerseys look great! I'm off to Prague later this year and will probably end up buying both :D (and watching both hopefully!)
    Either way, you can't go wrong with them. See, I'm a college student, so I've gotta make due with the funds I have haha.

Ohh of course, always have to check the store for new shirts, sweatshirts and scarfs, loving picking up things from there, some very nice things. I love their jerseys, especially the white version and I usually hate white versions of jerseys.

Either way, you can't go wrong with them. See, I'm a college student, so I've gotta make due with the funds I have haha.
    First time going to Czech Republic, have some plans to see interesting things or just "go with the flow?"

Quote Originally Posted by Starkovs View Post
    Ohh of course, always have to check the store for new shirts, sweatshirts and scarfs, loving picking up things from there, some very nice things. I love their jerseys, especially the white version and I usually hate white versions of jerseys.

First time going to Czech Republic, have some plans to see interesting things or just "go with the flow?"
    Yeah, I've always wanted to collect souvenirs from European sports teams, if not from Europe themselves. And no, I've actually been to Prague before; I'm just going to be on my own this time, as well as participating in a summer school program at Charles University.

Also, to revive this thread, does anybody know where I could pick up some national team souvenirs, Reebok or Nike jerseys? Thanks

Also, to revive this thread, does anybody know where I could pick up some national team souvenirs, Reebok or Nike jerseys? Thanks
    http://fanshop.hokej.cz/

You could order some?

http://fanshop.hokej.cz/

You could order some?
    Cool, thanks. Though if I can, I'd rather be able to pick them up in person, you know? Save on that shipping.

Cool, thanks. Though if I can, I'd rather be able to pick them up in person, you know? Save on that shipping.
    Ofcourse! Seen how easy it is to order online (a rarity in Europe for hockey it seems!) I'm sure you'll find plenty of sports stores selling jerseys ? I hope so as I'll be in Prague in November too! Maybe some Czech member could help us out?

Ofcourse! Seen how easy it is to order online (a rarity in Europe for hockey it seems!) I'm sure you'll find plenty of sports stores selling jerseys ? I hope so as I'll be in Prague in November too! Maybe some Czech member could help us out?
    When I get back, I'll let you know how my shopping spree went. I'm planning on going to Plzen and Brno (and Olomouc) as well, so I'll try to get HC Plzen and Kometa Brno gear as well.

When I get back, I'll let you know how my shopping spree went. I'm planning on going to Plzen and Brno (and Olomouc) as well, so I'll try to get HC Plzen and Kometa Brno gear as well.
    Sounds like a nice hockey trip! Yeah be sure to let us all know :)

IHF Member
    HC Plzen definitely have a shop outside their arena that's open all year round. I'm not sure about Kometa. They do sell some stuff on matchdays at their arena but I dont think there's anything permanent their. But I think there must be a shop in the city centre somewhere as pretty much all the fans were wearing club hats/scarves/clothing when I last went to see them play.

I'm sure you'll have an amazing time. 3 very nice cities to visit. Prague is great (of course) but I think you get a better idea about the country as a whole by visiting other places. Olomouc isnt really much of a hockey town but still a really cool city to visit. And if beer is your thing then you cant really go too far wrong in any of those cities. Some cracking breweries/microbreweries to enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by shefpie View Post
    HC Plzen definitely have a shop outside their arena that's open all year round. I'm not sure about Kometa. They do sell some stuff on matchdays at their arena but I dont think there's anything permanent their. But I think there must be a shop in the city centre somewhere as pretty much all the fans were wearing club hats/scarves/clothing when I last went to see them play.

I'm sure you'll have an amazing time. 3 very nice cities to visit. Prague is great (of course) but I think you get a better idea about the country as a whole by visiting other places. Olomouc isnt really much of a hockey town but still a really cool city to visit. And if beer is your thing then you cant really go too far wrong in any of those cities. Some cracking breweries/microbreweries to enjoy.
    Cool, thanks. Yeah, my hostel in Brno is right smack in downtown, so hopefully I won't have to go far to find some of their merchandise. Same goes with Plzen, so hopefully it makes the trips to the breweries short and efficient .

Thread Information