Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Prague

  1. #1
    IHF Member Conesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Currently Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    2,329

    Prague

    Hi guys, I'll be in Prague from July 13-25, and I was wondering if there's anywhere I can pick up Slavia Prague, Sparta Prague, or Lev Praha merchandise and the like. If it helps, I'll be staying in a hotel located directly on the Vltava waterfront. Thanks.
    Twitter: @CSmeeth

  2. #2
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    268
    Sparta and Lev have a joint club shop at the Tipsport Arena which is open Monday-Friday 13.00-18.00.
    The address is Za elektrárnou 419, 170 00 Praha 7. Its near the Holesovice metro and train stations or you could walk-its not that far from the river depending on exactly where you are staying.

    http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ta...2C%20Praha%207

    Slavia play at the o2 Arena which is out of town-dont think there's anything at the arena except on match days but I think they have a club shop still at their old stadium which is Zimní stadion EDEN, Vladivostocká 1460/10 Praha 10 - Vršovice but I dont know about opening hours-especially off season. Their football team are based nearby so there's definitely a club shop for them there.

    http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ta...2C%20Praha%207

    I'm sure there will be other hockey stores in Praha where could pick up merchandise but I cant remember anywhere that I saw when I was last there.

  3. #3
    IHF Member Conesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Currently Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    2,329
    Cool, thank you!
    Twitter: @CSmeeth

  4. #4
    IHF Member Conesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Currently Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    2,329
    Also, I was wondering if anybody had an idea of how expensive these club memorabilia things would be, as I'm trying to budget myself when I'm there
    Twitter: @CSmeeth

  5. #5
    IHF Member Garethw87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    1,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Conesy View Post
    Also, I was wondering if anybody had an idea of how expensive these club memorabilia things would be, as I'm trying to budget myself when I'm there
    Prices in the EU seem to be the same anywhere for merch. I'd say around €50/60 euros for the most current jerseys, €15-25 for a t-shirt or hoodie
    Dinamo Riga, Manchester Storm

  6. #6
    IHF Member Garethw87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    1,130
    Ok on their webstore for Lev Prague it converts at $60 for their jersey
    Dinamo Riga, Manchester Storm

  7. #7
    IHF Member Conesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Currently Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    2,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Garethw87 View Post
    Ok on their webstore for Lev Prague it converts at $60 for their jersey
    Geez, if only prices here in the States were that awesome. I may have to get me one of them then!
    Twitter: @CSmeeth

  8. #8
    IHF Staff Starkovs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Jūrmala, Latvia
    Posts
    21,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Conesy View Post
    Geez, if only prices here in the States were that awesome. I may have to get me one of them then!
    To be fair, the US dollar is stronger then the Czech crown so that helps you out a lot, a simple jersey will run you 1200kr or 4200kr. I know you dont really seem to have a preference between the clubs but I might suggest checking out Sparta Praha, they always have some really nice stuff.

    Hope you enjoy your trip, have always enjoyed my time in Prague. :)

  9. #9
    IHF Member Conesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Currently Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    2,329
    Yeah, I realize the dollar is stronger than the koruna, so that's definitely nice. I realize Sparta Praha has some nice stuff, but I've been a huge fan of Lev Praha and their gear-they have awesome jerseys. And thanks Starkovs, I will!
    Twitter: @CSmeeth

  10. #10
    IHF Member Garethw87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    1,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Starkovs View Post
    To be fair, the US dollar is stronger then the Czech crown so that helps you out a lot, a simple jersey will run you 1200kr or 4200kr. I know you dont really seem to have a preference between the clubs but I might suggest checking out Sparta Praha, they always have some really nice stuff.

    Hope you enjoy your trip, have always enjoyed my time in Prague. :)
    Hahah! Sparta Praha image and jerseys look great! I'm off to Prague later this year and will probably end up buying both :D (and watching both hopefully!)
    Dinamo Riga, Manchester Storm

  11. #11
    IHF Member Conesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Currently Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    2,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Garethw87 View Post
    Hahah! Sparta Praha image and jerseys look great! I'm off to Prague later this year and will probably end up buying both :D (and watching both hopefully!)
    Either way, you can't go wrong with them. See, I'm a college student, so I've gotta make due with the funds I have haha.
    Twitter: @CSmeeth

  12. #12
    IHF Staff Starkovs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Jūrmala, Latvia
    Posts
    21,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Garethw87 View Post
    Hahah! Sparta Praha image and jerseys look great! I'm off to Prague later this year and will probably end up buying both :D (and watching both hopefully!)
    Ohh of course, always have to check the store for new shirts, sweatshirts and scarfs, loving picking up things from there, some very nice things. I love their jerseys, especially the white version and I usually hate white versions of jerseys.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conesy View Post
    Either way, you can't go wrong with them. See, I'm a college student, so I've gotta make due with the funds I have haha.
    First time going to Czech Republic, have some plans to see interesting things or just "go with the flow?"

  13. #13
    IHF Member Conesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Currently Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    2,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Starkovs View Post
    Ohh of course, always have to check the store for new shirts, sweatshirts and scarfs, loving picking up things from there, some very nice things. I love their jerseys, especially the white version and I usually hate white versions of jerseys.



    First time going to Czech Republic, have some plans to see interesting things or just "go with the flow?"
    Yeah, I've always wanted to collect souvenirs from European sports teams, if not from Europe themselves. And no, I've actually been to Prague before; I'm just going to be on my own this time, as well as participating in a summer school program at Charles University.
    Twitter: @CSmeeth

  14. #14
    IHF Member Conesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Currently Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    2,329
    Also, to revive this thread, does anybody know where I could pick up some national team souvenirs, Reebok or Nike jerseys? Thanks
    Twitter: @CSmeeth

  15. #15
    IHF Member Garethw87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    1,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Conesy View Post
    Also, to revive this thread, does anybody know where I could pick up some national team souvenirs, Reebok or Nike jerseys? Thanks
    http://fanshop.hokej.cz/

    You could order some?
    Dinamo Riga, Manchester Storm

  16. #16
    IHF Member Conesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Currently Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    2,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Garethw87 View Post
    http://fanshop.hokej.cz/

    You could order some?
    Cool, thanks. Though if I can, I'd rather be able to pick them up in person, you know? Save on that shipping.
    Twitter: @CSmeeth

  17. #17
    IHF Member Garethw87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    1,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Conesy View Post
    Cool, thanks. Though if I can, I'd rather be able to pick them up in person, you know? Save on that shipping.
    Ofcourse! Seen how easy it is to order online (a rarity in Europe for hockey it seems!) I'm sure you'll find plenty of sports stores selling jerseys ? I hope so as I'll be in Prague in November too! Maybe some Czech member could help us out?
    Dinamo Riga, Manchester Storm

  18. #18
    IHF Member Conesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Currently Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    2,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Garethw87 View Post
    Ofcourse! Seen how easy it is to order online (a rarity in Europe for hockey it seems!) I'm sure you'll find plenty of sports stores selling jerseys ? I hope so as I'll be in Prague in November too! Maybe some Czech member could help us out?
    When I get back, I'll let you know how my shopping spree went. I'm planning on going to Plzen and Brno (and Olomouc) as well, so I'll try to get HC Plzen and Kometa Brno gear as well.
    Twitter: @CSmeeth

  19. #19
    IHF Member Garethw87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    1,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Conesy View Post
    When I get back, I'll let you know how my shopping spree went. I'm planning on going to Plzen and Brno (and Olomouc) as well, so I'll try to get HC Plzen and Kometa Brno gear as well.
    Sounds like a nice hockey trip! Yeah be sure to let us all know :)
    Dinamo Riga, Manchester Storm

  20. #20
    IHF Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    268
    HC Plzen definitely have a shop outside their arena that's open all year round. I'm not sure about Kometa. They do sell some stuff on matchdays at their arena but I dont think there's anything permanent their. But I think there must be a shop in the city centre somewhere as pretty much all the fans were wearing club hats/scarves/clothing when I last went to see them play.

    I'm sure you'll have an amazing time. 3 very nice cities to visit. Prague is great (of course) but I think you get a better idea about the country as a whole by visiting other places. Olomouc isnt really much of a hockey town but still a really cool city to visit. And if beer is your thing then you cant really go too far wrong in any of those cities. Some cracking breweries/microbreweries to enjoy.

  21. #21
    IHF Member Conesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Currently Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    2,329
    Quote Originally Posted by shefpie View Post
    HC Plzen definitely have a shop outside their arena that's open all year round. I'm not sure about Kometa. They do sell some stuff on matchdays at their arena but I dont think there's anything permanent their. But I think there must be a shop in the city centre somewhere as pretty much all the fans were wearing club hats/scarves/clothing when I last went to see them play.

    I'm sure you'll have an amazing time. 3 very nice cities to visit. Prague is great (of course) but I think you get a better idea about the country as a whole by visiting other places. Olomouc isnt really much of a hockey town but still a really cool city to visit. And if beer is your thing then you cant really go too far wrong in any of those cities. Some cracking breweries/microbreweries to enjoy.
    Cool, thanks. Yeah, my hostel in Brno is right smack in downtown, so hopefully I won't have to go far to find some of their merchandise. Same goes with Plzen, so hopefully it makes the trips to the breweries short and efficient .
    Twitter: @CSmeeth

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •