6 40.00%
  • SVK vs RUS, Russia will win

9 60.00%
  • NOR vs SUI, Norway will win

3 20.00%
  • NOR vs SUI, Switzerland will win

12 80.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: IHWC Discussion - Day 10 (USA vs GER, CAN vs CZE, SVK vs RUS, NOR vs SUI)

Mens IHWC IHWC Discussion - Day 10 (USA vs GER, CAN vs CZE, SVK vs RUS, NOR vs SUI)

Vote for each of the four results:

15:15 H Helsinki United States vs. Germany
    16:15 S Stockholm Canada vs. Czech Republic
    19:15 H Helsinki Slovakia vs. Russia
    20:15 S Stockholm Norway vs. Switzerland

Time zone - CET

Use this thread for the games of Day 10

Post your predictions, comments, post-game reactions etc...
    Cum bibam cervisiam gaudeo.

The worst place in history of IHWC for Czechs? No, thanks. Three points against Canada and start of the gold road like in 2010.

Plekanec and perhaps even Židlický or (Polák?)on the way. OMG. I hope not for only one exhibition against Norway. No way.

Swiss, Slovak, Germany and Czech - Heard it here first! (If I get this one too im defiantly playing the lottery!) :D
    Dinamo Riga, Manchester Storm

IHF Member
    CZE and NOR with a lot of pressure on their shoulders.
    On the other hand CAN and SUI don't want to waste a good ranking...

A possibility for swiss to repay Norway for the nice defeats ;-) last years.
    There is a lot of 'danger' in it for Switzerland though. On one hand the quaterfinals are secured.
    On the other hand it's not more than that.

But that is the way it goes at WC...
    If not this year... some day they will take a medal.

IHF Member
    USA - Germany 3-1, Under 5,5 goals
    Canada - Czech Republic 4-1, Canada-1,5
    Slovakia - Russia 1-3, Under 5,5 goals
    Norway - Switzerland 2-2, Under 5,5 goals

Banned
    @Hamass

Do you have today any predictions?
    I always follow your predictions...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by badoo lover View Post
    @Hamass

Do you have today any predictions?
    I always follow your predictions...
    Thanks a lot Hamass

I will play all of that

Usa - ger 0
    can - cze 2
    rus - svk 2
    sui - nor 2
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

IHF Member
    My name is Famass, lol. If u play, DO NOT TOUCH NORWAYS GAME! Three other 1s looks much better. :p

The US, led by goalie John Gibson, blanked Germany 3-0
    Twitter: @CSmeeth

Canada leading 2-1 halfway through the third.
    It's been a great game to watch, chances on both sides and each team dominating the game at times, but Canada has owned longer stretches for sure.
    If this stands and Canada takes all 3 points, Norway could clinch their QF spot with a regulation win against Switzerland. Anything other than that set of results would mean the final-day game between CZE and NOR would decide the QF participant.
    Edit: score is final, 2-1 for Canada. Czechs took a sketchy penalty with about 3 minutes left, hooking that shouldn't have been when Smid tapped O'Reilley on the gloves and O'Reilley just lost an edge. However, with the net empty, puck behind the Czech goal and Matt Read skating towards the loose puck, he got bodychecked and knocked down while still being about 10 feet away from the puck and there was no interference call on the play. Which I'm fine with in that case. Overall though, Canada deserved the win IMO.

Very exciting day when all games are this important.

A Slovak win against Russia would eliminate Germany from QFs, however Germany's last game is against France while Slovakia plays USA last. Both Slovakia and Germany have 7 points, so Slovaks in the QFs is not certain by any means right now...
    Last edited by Steigs; 12-05-2013 at 19:28.

IHF Member
    Is Luke Schenn facing any further discipline for his penalty?
    Didn't see much of the game so I don't know how bad it was.

Hop Suisse!!! Otherwise Hadamczik, the dead man!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Heatleysucks View Post
    Is Luke Schenn facing any further discipline for his penalty?
    Didn't see much of the game so I don't know how bad it was.
    He probably will... shove from behind, put the Czech player's face right into the dasher.

With Russia's win against Slovakia today, the Slovaks are in really tough to make the QFs.
    Granted, they hold the tie-breaker, but Germany's final game is against a team they are expected to beat (France), which if they do, would force Slovakia to win against the USA. That's not a very favourable position for the Slovaks to be in.

The Czechs need to win against Norway in their final game to advance to the QFs, though the Norwegians appear to be losing steam a bit, the shotcount after 2 periods is currently 30-11 in favour of Switzerland, and the 3-0 score leans in the same direction.

Norway has been far from the strength they showed last year. Just the fact that three of their big stars Thoresen, Holøs and Skrøder doesn't seem to be able to make it work and their powerplay which I believe is the worst of any team in the tournament, 0 for 22 or something shows they got some problems that might cost them the QF spot. Also Tollefsen has been punished for his little dirty tricks this WC, which has left Norway without one of their two most reliable D-men for 2 games.
    I can't see the Czechs get into trouble especially with the showing they had today against the Canadians at least for parts of the game. With that sort of game they will win for sure. But the norwegians play hard and physical maybe not what the czechs like the most. Maybe the Norwegians can get them off their game.

As for the other group, I've not watched many games from that, but I can say I believe Germany has got a shot, and if they can't beat France they don't deserve a quarterfinal. Because they might get help from USA who I was pretty impressed with in the two games I've watched with them. I think the US will beat Slovakia.
    Last edited by WHawks; 12-05-2013 at 23:32.

Quote Originally Posted by WHawks View Post
    As for the other group, I've not watched many games from that, but I can say I believe Germany has got a shot, and if they can't beat France they don't deserve a quarterfinal. Because they might get help from USA who I was pretty impressed with in the two games I've watched with them. I think the US will beat Slovakia.
    I hope France takes that spot....just not by taking us down, as much as I love France can never cheer for their success over us. Even though Germany has the advantage of waiting for France, if they get their points off us, I have them as 95% through to the Quarters, I just dont see this team or Henderson allowing them to falter in that situation. I really look forward to that match, should be really intense. I agree though that the Americans will help out either country, its just up to them to get that job done, does seem fitting though its the late match so they will know what they have to do.

John Gibson is the real deal at 19 years of age....World Junior gold earlier this year, and dominant against both the Finnish and German mens' nats. Kid is going to be a superstar in the NHL if he keeps up his development trajectory. Too bad it will be for Anaheim.

The USA looked really good today. Germany may have a poor record, but they are a talented, tough, hard working team. And the USA was clearly the better team, though the Germans had their moments.

Really want to see the USA beat Slovakia, secure first place in the group (can't believe I am even talking about that as a real possibility!!!!), and avoid playing Russia in the quarterfinals.

Just really want the USA to make the semis and be assured of competing for a medal.

No matter what happens, this group has pleasantly surprised, and has done USA hockey fans proud!

Thread Information