Thread: Paid Subscriptions? Suggestion

Paid Subscriptions? Suggestion

Hi,
    I've been a member of IHF for over 5 years now and I cant remember coming across any paid subscription feature...

Could IHF staff not introduce a paid subscription system where once subscribed users unlock additional forum functionality? Even if its only £10 per year I would certainly do it, and I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one.

It would at least help out with server costs and other costs for running a website of this size. Has this been considered or is is something IHF would prefer to avoid?

Cheers

As a major source of information, I believe the site owners want to maintain the forums in their current format so anybody can access, and discuss, any piece of ice hockey information that comes up here.
    Bringing ice hockey to Northwest China!

I'm the hole formerly known as KazakhEagles

Quote Originally Posted by Trim View Post
    As a major source of information, I believe the site owners want to maintain the forums in their current format so anybody can access, and discuss, any piece of ice hockey information that comes up here.

Of course...
    You can still do it without effecting any current user privileges, even if it increased the user PM storage limit, or gave the option to edit your own posts. The main thing I was thinking of when I posted this was so users had the option to donate to IHF, but some people prefer things in return for doing so, therefore giving them these additional or upgraded functionality will help.

International Hockey Online LLC has not had any discussions involving creating paid subscriptions, and the reasoning is exactly as Trim indicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Brunengraber View Post
    International Hockey Online LLC has not had any discussions involving creating paid subscriptions, and the reasoning is exactly as Trim indicated.
    As I said, it wouldn't mean changing any current settings or privileges for anyone. It would simply give users additional features.

There's features which arent available for general users, which some may be interested in. This system would allow them to unlock those features for a little fee which also helps the owners keep the forum running.

I dont have anything negative to say about IHF, everything works perfectly as it is. I'm simply trying to think of a way users can help with says "donations" to help you guys keep the site running.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Viperdan View Post
    As I said, it wouldn't mean changing any current settings or privileges for anyone. It would simply give users additional features.

There's features which arent available for general users, which some may be interested in. This system would allow them to unlock those features for a little fee which also helps the owners keep the forum running.

I dont have anything negative to say about IHF, everything works perfectly as it is. I'm simply trying to think of a way users can help with says "donations" to help you guys keep the site running.

Cheers
    I mean, what else could or would the forums offer?
    Twitter: @CSmeeth

I wasnt thinking so we can get something in return, I was thinking more along the lines to put something towards IHF, to help with running costs. I cant imagine it being very cheap, I have a few forums/websites , and it costs me about £200 per year and they are nothing like this. I have a nice hockey forum domain however ;)

The only reason I mentioned "upgraded or additional functionality" was due to people liking things in return. Meaning more people would subscribe/donate.

There's little things like I mentioned above, such as increased PM capacity, or access to a new board similar to the members area, may never be used but its something there as an excuse really.

Do you understand what im trying to say however?

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Brunengraber View Post
    This is a good thing. But Marc, could you not have a donations page setup? I'd happily donate I spend so much time on this site and it's educated me about hockey more so then anything else I think!
    Dinamo Riga, Manchester Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Garethw87 View Post
    This is a good thing. But Marc, could you not have a donations page setup? I'd happily donate I spend so much time on this site and it's educated me about hockey more so then anything else I think!
    This is what I am trying to say... Why didn't I just say that haha

Quote Originally Posted by viperdan View Post
    this is what i am trying to say... Why didn't i just say that haha
    :d
    Dinamo Riga, Manchester Storm

I cant see any advertisements anywhere neither, meaning no income from advertising or sponsors. The forum managers must be happy with everything how it is at the minute

Thread Information