Thread: Estonia League 2013-2014

Estonia Estonia League 2013-2014

Hi everybody
    The presidency of the federation is resigned, but according of my informations, league will start at the fifth of october, with SIX teams.

Teams are:
    Kalev-Valk
    HC Panther
    Viiking Sport
    Viru Sputnik
    Narva PSK
    Everest
    , wich is a new team from Kohtla-Järve

IHF Member
    Offical start will be on 20 october, but Viiking Sport needs some games before Continental Cup matches. So hopefully they will get some practice with league games.

im amazed at how unprofessionnal this league is... They have everything to be a nice league and instead, there's nothing...
    I know there isn't much money at all, but ther'es a minimum they could do for free : a nice web portal for the whole world to access... More infos on teams etc...

Sad...

I'll try to gather some infos here and then this season...
    http://www.thepetrochemist.info == Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk english blog. Fun times !

Well, sadly, it's not a surprise that they will start with delay... But I hope that none of the teams will withdrawn at the middle of the season, so there will be 20 game/team (for Viiking 26), wich is the biggest number in the last seasons( for a decade?).

IHF Member
    They are renovating Kohtla-Järve ice arena. That´s why the season starts with delay.
    But it´s sad that they don´t have proper webpage and info about teams are very hard to find. 6 teams are good news, hopefully all teams are competitive. Lot of games indeed if we compare to recent years. Maybe there is Estonian Cup games in spring also, but this is just an idea.

I just noticed the season has started...
    my contact I used to have who provided really good info has left the Federation to follow his son who's now playing in Finland.
    Anybody has info on that new Everest team?

Season started with a convincing 7-2 victory of Viiking over PSK Narva. Viiking roster seems really much better then others and im my opinion current champion is the main favourite.
    Everest Kohtla Jarve is a new team made by juniors that last season competed in U18 league where they finished last so I think story won't be so different in senior league
    Last edited by Davide; 06-10-2013 at 19:59.

IHF Member
    Any reason why Everest is with in? In that roster they will lose all games badly, mostly twenty goals. Only hope that they will strenghten their roster later.

http://www.virusputnik.ee/viewpage.php?page_id=253

IHF Member
    Nice statistic for first league game can be found here: http://www.icehockey.ee/tulemused/pa...ame&game_id=74
    Lets hope they will continue this.
    But no idea why Everest plays. Can´t wait for the Panter roster. Hopefully they will come out with a decent team.

Here you can find results and sometimes live streams: http://virusputnik.ee/news.php
    Panther still did not played a game because their equipment was destroyed by fire. They are waiting for donations/money, and want to participiate.

RkClubGPWOTWOTLLGS:GAPTS
    1 HK Kalev-Välk Tartu 8 6 0 1 1 56:26 19
    2 Tallinn Viiking Sport 6 5 1 0 0 62:12 17
    3 Narva PSK 8 5 0 0 3 58:29 15
    4 HC Panter/Purikad 3 2 0 0 1 19:11 6
    5 HK Viru Sputnik Kohtla-Järve 8 2 0 0 6 44:56 6
    6 Everest Kohtla-Järve 9 0 0 0 9 19:127 0

Panther started the league only at december because a in a fire of the ice hall their equipment was lost. Some 10 more game was scheduled but not played, I don't know, when this games will be played.
    As you can see, the league is very off-balanced. Everest is dead last without a point, Viru-Sputnik could winn only aggainst Everest, Panther scored the winns aggainst the last two teams. Kalev-Välk, Viiking and PSK are far avay from this three teams, and mostly they are playig close games aggainst each other. If not one of the top 3 teams playing aggainst an another, the result is mostly a 5-10 goal difference for the winner.
    Attendance was low, 100-200 spectator mostly.
    Last edited by Starkovs; 27-12-2013 at 23:01.

Oh God.... :( And I can't delette/edit it....

Quote Originally Posted by MDani View Post
    Oh God.... :( And I can't delette/edit it....
    There you go, all fixed. :) If you ever need anything else, always feel free to ask.

Thanks a lot. (I made this table with "WYSIWYG" on, and seemed good...just scrambled somehow when posted it...)

Anyone is attending games this season around here ? I'm curious to know how it's going and I won't go to Estonia this season, unfortunately...
    http://www.thepetrochemist.info == Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk english blog. Fun times !

Quote Originally Posted by P&H View Post
    Anyone is attending games this season around here ? I'm curious to know how it's going and I won't go to Estonia this season, unfortunately...
    Current standing: http://www.internationalhockey.net/f...l=1#post252312
    Now it's winter break, next games will be at the weekend.
    Do you need any more info?

Thanks.. I was more asking about locals who visit this forum... I miss Lounakeskus ice rink in the middle of the shopping center, with no penalty box and stuff

fun times...

Well, I was not in Estonia either (the only estonian players I saw were their U20 team in Miskolc at the Div.II/A WC.)
    But as I know, Lounakeskus is still the "home" ice of Kalev-Välk :)

IHF Member
    I told before a season:

Quote Originally Posted by Susi View Post
    Any reason why Everest is with in? In that roster they will lose all games badly, mostly twenty goals. Only hope that they will strenghten their roster later.
    Why they can't have second league for Everest and kind of teams? Nonsense.

Are there enough teams to have a second league?

What I do not understand about Everest is that why they want to participiate in a senior league without senior players? Well, they want to build up a team, and wanted to send their boys to a stronger league but why dont they bought 4-5 good player from other teams? Now they have a U20 (U18?) roster, and only 2 and a half line (they played all game with 13-15 players). Why they did not stayed in the U20 league is a big question. In a league, where their team in each game executed with 10-15 goal they will not improve many. (Yesterday, Panther crushed them to 17:1)

Second league is no exist in Estonia, but there is some - maybe three or four - amateur league, so there are more than enough teams for a second semi-professional league. But this amateur leagues are organized in a county or town to minimalize travel and other fees, so I do not think that a second league will be in Estonia in the close future.

MDani, far as I know (I stand to be corrected here), but the top Estonian league is amateur, not professional nor semi-pro.

Indeed it's semi-pro (or in some way, amateur), but somehowe have to call this leagues, which have not - or just very few - ties to the federation. (and they call themselves, as I know, amateurs)
    We also can call them county- or town leagues, it should be also correct.

Regular season ended, final standing is here.

RkClubGPWOTWOTLLGS:GAPTS
    1 Tallin Viiking Sport 19 17 2 0 0 211:3655
    2 Tartu Kalev-Välk 19 14 0 2 3 158:46 44
    3 Narva PSK 20 130 0 7146:7039
    4 HC Panter/Purikad 20 7 0 0 13 94:105 21
    5 HK Viru Sputnik Kohtla-Järve 2060 0 14 90:17218
    6 Everest Kohtla-Järve 20 0 0 0 20 39:309 0

In the second half of the season, Viiking Sport was superior, not even lost a single point. They have excelent players, not just form Estonia, but belarussians with Extraliga-routine and russians from MHL. Tartu also have som foreigner player, russians and belarussians too (9 former Extraliga-player spend the season in Estonia, 6 in Viiking and 3 in Tartu), Panther had some low-levell finnish player, while Narva and the two teams from Kohtla-Järve use only estonians. Narve has the best players from the U20 national team, includin goalie Daniil Seppanen, who is 17 year old, but one of the best goalie of the league. Also some of Narva top scorers are quite young.

Despite Viiking's superiority, league become a bit balanced. Everest managed to get more players, but it is just tightened some loses, not earned points. Panter managed to play close games and had some victory aggainst Kalev-Välk, while Viru-sputnik beaten Panther at least twice.

And, wich is a good sign for the future, that despite many problems (Icehal-fire in Tallin in november, monetary problems) none of the teams leaved the league and all games were played (except the last Kalev-Viiking, because it does not make a difference, and don't wanted to push the play-offs to a later date). Some good foreigner come, so the level also incrased - even with the huge difference between the first and the last team. The middle is quiet together, respectably Panter and Viru Sputnik, and Kalev-Välk and Narva is on the same level, they always played close games.

Playoffs semifinals were played with an odd formula: series consisted of two games, if the the series was tied after the second game, the winner was decided through an overtime after the 2nd game without shootout. That happened in game two between PSK Narva and Kalev Valk. Regular time finished 3-1 Narva, but a Titarenko goal at 66 min gave Kalev-Valk the qualification for the final, despite the official score of the game was a 3-2 victory for PSK.
    In the other pair Viiking smashed Purikad/Panter 10-1 and 13-2

I really hate it when leagues use that format, I dont mind when leagues have only two matches, but play off aggregate.

IHF Member
    Bronze medal games were played at the weekend.
    22.03.2014 Narva
    PSK - HC Panter 5:2(2:0,2:0,1:2)

23.03.2014 Tallinn
    HC Panter - PSK 3:4(0:0,3:1,0:2,0:1)

And two Gold medal games are also played at this weekend.
    22.03.2014 Tallinn
    Viiking Sport - Kalev Välk 4:3(1:2,2:1,1:0)

23.03.2014 Tartu
    Kalev Välk - Viiking Sport 0:7(0:2,0:1,0:4)

IHF Member
    Third Final Game
    29.03.2014 Tallinn
    Viiking Sport 4 : 3 Kalev Välk (0:0, 1:3, 2:0, 1:0)

0-1 20:27 Evgeni Dubkov
    0-2 25:24 Vassili Titarenko
    0-3 33:12 Maksim Semjonov
    1-3 36:40 Sergei Sokolov
    2-3 50:37 Maksim Ivanov
    3-3 57:17 Valeri Bobkov
    4-3 62:50 Maksim Ivanov
    SOG 46-32

Tallinn Viiking Sport is the Champion 2014.

They won all their games in championships. It was a thrilling last game. Viiking Sport went down by 3 goals, but they come back thanks to the very strong third period.

Viking Sport team roster for the final game was:
    11 Aleksandr Mishin
    30 Anatoli Sizov
    14 Anton Levkovitš
    67 Danil Galimullin
    25 Filip Švarõgin
    16 Ilja Urušev
    10 Maksim Ivanov
    91 Maksim Dubov
    32 Maksim Kreidikov
    24 Pavel Tolstik
    71 Pavel Karpukhin