Thread: Invitation to move to IHI beyond the censorious hand of Willy Fay

Ireland Invitation to move to IHI beyond the censorious hand of Willy Fay

Ladies and Gents. it appears that once again Willy Fay has reached out his long arm and gagged anyone who speaks ill of him. It seems that all posts relating to the case of Gerry Duffy and Paul Maher have been deleted back to Sept. 29 and prior to any comments about Willy Fay's short comings. This is the third occasion on which our right to freedom of speech has been removed, A Hockey Forum called Faceoff, the IIHA website and now Facebook yet in the past the Faylure has been allowed to get away with intercepting the emails of Clubs, individuals and Executive Committee colleagues.
    May I invite those who value freedom of speech to join me in the one Forum that I know is beyond his reach, International Hockey Forum which has an Irish section at this address http://forums.internationalhockey.ne...php?58-IRELAND
    It is run by Canadians and Americans who care little about the personalities involved in our small hockey backwater and you will be free to speak your mind once your post is not libelous.

IHF Staff
    This forum is run by a New York based LLC, whose members are Candian, American, British, Italian and Austrian to be precise. We are happy to offer a platform for discussion of the state of icehockey in Ireland and related topics but emphasize that all postings etc. have to comply with our board rules as we do have to make sure no ones personal rights are infringed. Pls keep that in mind everyone, thanks!

Apart from that we hope that Irish hockey gets back on a better track. Maybe the discussion on our forum can even contribute a little.

Thanks Rex I am a long time poster here and plain speaking to put it mildly. If I can manage to stay within the boundaries you specify I imagine my compatriots will have no problems at all.
    Being unable to confer and debate openly is a huge hindrance and certainly does not aid the solving of our problems so I can only hope that this can be the new location for the exchange of ideas and the promotion of harmony.

IHF Staff
    Mick, I follow the discussion a little bit myself and have no doubt you know what goes and what not. Just wanted to remind everyone else.
    Hope Irish hockey will rebounce.

What do you know - the thread reappeared this evening. Copied from Facebook.
    "There it was .......GONE " Not sure what the hell is going on but this thread ended at September 29th. while I was watching from 1o'clock last night, was still gone this morning when i got up and is back this evening. I got someone out of bed to check last night and the conversation was also missing on their computer in the small hours of last night. Hopefully second thought prevailed but I would love to have been a fly on the wall wherever the conversation and decision to re-instate took place.

B/T/W Rex did you get your name from a character in the movie AIRPLANE??

Gag Order is no joke !!!

Justice Silenced.jpg

Some may have thought I was being over dramatic, in my attempt to persuade people to migrate their conversations to this forum, away from the the censorious reach of a certain past President of the IIHA. It has emerged now that this precaution was quite in order, as, I am sorry to report, on Monday Oct. 14th. I received a "Cease and Dessist" letter from a legal firm here in Dublin warning of dire consequences if I continued my Threatening and Abusive behavior towards their client a past IIHA president, in posts both here on the International Hockey Forum and on a Facebook page that concerns itself with the sport of ice hockey here in Ireland. This follows hot on the heels of an official complaint, made to his superiors, about an officer of the state, that put that persons career in jeopardy. To my mind these are two steps too far, and I'm sure many of you, if not all, support us in defense of our rights to freedom of speech, after all, we are the "cyber little guys " that are trying to stand up to "cyber bullies".
    I reject the accusation that either I, or anyone else that I am aware of, has made any threats to this person.
    At all times this person has had the right to respond to anything that was written about him, however he declined to do so over the last number of years, until now, when he chose to engage a legal professional to silence the rightful indignation of those he has wronged. I have strong suspicions that I am not alone in being n receipt of such a letter and I invite any others out there to join me in exposing the real abusive behaviour, and the real culprit in this sorry affair.
    I reject any claims that might arise, that I am dragging up old issues, after all it is not I, that has sought to impose a gag order, I am merely in the process of defending myself, and believe those people interested in our sport need to be aware of the caliber of person that has been responsible for the huge fall in the fortunes of our sport over the last few years. He took on a sport bounding from strength to strength, with three leagues in operation, financial stability, a membership increasing year on year, Learn to Play and Women's programs being embarked upon, the admiration of the World Governing Body and the goodwill and respect of other hockey nations. His only legacy is the tension, mistrust and shattered dreams that lie around us all.
    I wish to make it clear that I exonerate the legal firm in question that I believe were misled, and the IIHA 's current executive who were shamefully and duplicitously misused by that person for his own ends.Finally I would also like to thank the International Hockey Forum for their support at this worrying time.

I have every faith that in the long run, this gag order Will, like everything else he has set his hand upon, turn out to be a Faylure.
    Shut Up.jpg
    Last edited by Mick; 21-10-2013 at 21:56.

More evidence (were it needed ) of dirty deeds perpetrated by those voted out of office in the IIHA.

After querying how my posts were being systematically deleted from sites, specifically the IIHA Facebook site in this case, I received a call confirming that it appeared that long time Willy Fay accolite and supporter Martin Grant was responsible.
    It further appears that young Martin whose attempts at written communication on the ex-President's behalf, have long provided a source of innocent amusement, has seized the codes that control this facebook page and is using it at the behest of dissident Execs. recently removed from office.
    Quite apart from the issues of the disloyalty, the stealing, and sheer underhandedness of his actions, the matter of intellectual property theft also has to be considered.
    Legitimate posts, queries, comments and requests are being left without reply in order to portray the Association in a poor light it is believed.
    So much for those who claimed the high moral ground while trying to persuade people that they were under attack from abusive critics who should be ordered to cease and desist. Now that that discussion has been lost and free speech survives, they are attempting once more to remove the very means by which free thought is communicated. I say "once more because there have been many instances where the exchange of opinions, concerns and ideas have been ruthlessly trampled upon in the past.
    Further concerns about financial irregularities at the top of the previous administration are coming to light on an almost daily basis.
    Please feel free to confirm what I am saying by getting in touch with legitimate officials of the IIHA but not Martin Grant, Willy Fay, Barry O'Hanrahan or Gary Harvey whose rights to speak on behalf of the Association have been removed..
    Last edited by Mick; 26-02-2014 at 20:28. Reason: Clarification

Thread Information