Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Benelux off-season

IHF Member
    sorry guys I'm not translating this much nonsense

edit: why did I post that twice?
    I may be losing my mind and all of this might not actually be happening
    Last edited by sp3c; 05-09-2014 at 14:24. Reason: losinit!

IHF Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by sp3c View Post
    sorry guys I'm not translating this much nonsense

edit: why did I post that twice?
    I may be losing my mind and all of this might not actually be happening
    Double posts with that span of time inbetween are highly unlikely to happen due to an IT problem, looks as you really did that yourself. Stay sane (and Eredivisie alive).

IHF Member
    here's some good news
    Vrijdag 05 september 2014
    AMSTERDAM - The icehockey eredivisie has a new team. The Amsterdam Capitols will play their homematches coming season in the Jaap Edenhal.

The former-internationals Ron Berteling and Alex Schaafsma will jointly taker care of the traing and coaching.

The foundatio Top Ijshockey Noord-Holland has been created for the new club. Bas Visser acts as president of Amsterdam Capitals whole work with mostly young players from Amsterdam.

Later on and with enough budget experienced (foreign) players could also be hired

Door: ANP
    http://www.nusport.nl/overig/2560932...ompetitie.html

had to translate this bit because it's bound to be taken offline for being one million years old, the capitals are dead and Ronnie B. now works in Leiden

the world is going crazy!!!

edit: NIJB seems to have taken an advance on this one month delay and is now posting articles dated 1-10-2014 at www.nijb.nl

anyone else seeing this stuff?
    Last edited by sp3c; 05-09-2014 at 15:30.

IHF Member
    quick recap: Dordrecht Lions has no money and are apperantly not interested in a possible bailout
    Eindhoven Kemphanen wont have enough money if theres only five teams, the president of the old Kemphanen suggests they wouldn't have money either way which is denied by the new organization who claim they do have the funds but that sponsors will withdraw if there are less then 6 teams

Geleen feels it wont be able to generate enough funds with only four participants and want the NIJB to use it's contributions to plug the whole left by withdrawing sponsors

Tilburg has for the time being dissolved their player contracts, a thinned out Trappers lost to Duisburg yesterday with 5-2

I doubt this thing is going to start anytime soon

IHF Member
    I'm sure something is happening atm but nobody is talking, PR is somewhat a problem in this hockey country, I've seen some rumours but not from anybody i trust

meanwhile an undiciplined Kemphanen was massacered by Moskitos Essen, could be a skeleton crew but I can't find the lineup anywhere
    only imports were Jeff Smith and goalie Brennan Poderzay, loads of goals, loads of penalties all against the Hanen ... result: 10

they aren't even mentioning it on the website

Heereveen and Tilburg give the other clubs in the league an ultimatum to make up their minds if they are playing in the league or not by Friday at 12h. They both want to have atleast 4 clubs in the league.

I get their frustration, but they dont exactly make any threats, what happens if come Friday night you still have clubs who dont know whats going to happen, what are you going to do? Cant leave now, the German leagues are already set, guess they could ask the RBIHF but they as well have their schedule starting in a few weeks.

http://www.ijshockey.com/item/4966/f...llen-ultimatum

IHF Member
    only thing they can do is not play hockey at all

it's a bogus threat and it's disrespectfull to once again not include our Belgian friends from HYC who have had their economics in the green since forever

really, really disrepectfull to not include them, to bunch them in with the other two and just plain disrespectfull to anyone around the board
    they have nowhere to go, nothing to say and they need to be silent about it from now on if you ask me

IHF Member
    I'm not normally this harsh but oh my f*****g god at all this nonsense

I'm starting to look at EIHL for my hockey if I can afford it

IHF Member
    RBIHF is not going to accept them

or they shouldn't as they will murder everybody with double digits with their current lineups

plus travelcosts to Heerenveen could be too high

IHF Member
    they are now talking about some kind of new tournament with some oberliga teams (new coupe der lage landen?) to spice up a 4/5 team season ... 2 to 4 teams seem interested ... talks are on monday

would've been a good idea 4 months ago

I thought that HYC Herentals folded. If they are still around, that would be a good thing.

IHF Member
    HYS the Hague folded
    HYC Herentals is still ready to go but I understand the confusion ;)

IHF Member
    Kemphanen is on board, now we are waiting on Eaters while Flyers will have a statement later today which is probably going to say exactly nothing but I'm still curious

http://www.ijshockey.com/item/4967/e...gen-eredivisie
    Last edited by Starkovs; 12-09-2014 at 16:22. Reason: Source

The league will be played with five clubs this season after Geleen has confirmed their participation.

The format of the league and Cup competition is unknown at the moment, those should all come together within the coming days. See how this meeting goes with bringing in Oberliga clubs into some type of tournament.

http://www.ijshockey.com/item/4968/e...met-vijf-teams

IHF Member
    watched Kemphanen beat Turnhout 6 : 1 last night

not a very good game but at least hockey is back at last, my guess is there were around 400 spectators including a surprisingly large Belgian contingent

Turnhout's goalie was the best man on the ice if you ask me, may well have prevented double digits but I don't know who got the start

IHF Member
    turnhout btw is icing a very talented but also very young squad with a croat, two swedes and no less then 6 Dutchmen including the (backup?) goalie

could be the team to watch in belgium coming season, Eaters play them next weekend

Luik (Liege) also seems to have beefed up but I don't speak the French

If their roster is updated, then yes, Jeukens is their back-up goalkeeper. They look like they added some good pieces but I believe we all expected them to be right back near the top again, after all they finished first in the Cup (standings) with little problems and then the regular season. The question is, can they get a big win in Wallonia.

Im having trouble judging Liège, they missed some of their test matches and their two results against Valenciennes are way too up and down. However, they havent really lost any of their key players who helped lead them last season and those they did add appear to bring real quality so they should be right back up there.
    I want to see how Leuven bounces back this season, I havent followed their transfer market that closely, in the start of the summer it looked like they brought in some quality guys, just dont know who they lost.

Turnhout's goalie was the best man on the ice if you ask me, may well have prevented double digits but I don't know who got the start
    If the goalkeeper was big, looked like his jersey was way too small for his chest protector, its Bruyninckx. haha (Unless he changed over the holiday)

IHF Member
    seems it was Bruyninx, looks very promising but Steijlen has left very big boots to fill!

an interesting story has been developing over the past week
    in order to prevent players from quiting hockey alltogether Amsterdam and Dordrecht will be promoted to the first division without having to earn it on the ice

Dordrecht's second team was relegated last season whil the Amsterdam squad was booted from the promotiedivisie (third tier) for repeated on and off ice antics (2 big brawls)

still has to be put to a vote but Groningen will vote against it if Heerenveen's second squad isn't promoted as well (proximity and rivalry of these clubs and cities is good for business)

both Utrecht (failed to make it to the promotion/relegetion round because they failed to show up a bunch of times) and Den Bosch (beat Heerenveen 2 in promotion/relegation) are against the plan because they fear several players they contracted will leave for the new team

the second squad of Kemphanen and what's left of NIJA will be merged because of a lack of players

this could mean that the eerste divisie will have ten teams coming season with Zoetermeer, Groningen, Nijmegen, Amsterdam, Den Haag, Dordrecht, Den Bosch and the second teams from Eindhoven, Tilburg and Heerenveen

the intention is to merge this competition with what is left of the Eredivisie and one or several interested Belgian clubs with Tilburg and Heerenveen leaving for Germany

nothing concrete yet but past months trouble may well become a blessing in disguise :)

IHF Member
    just too bad this all happened so close to the start of the season and not four months ago because the coming eredivisie season sounds like a year wasted to me which is not really something we can afford right now

the big losers seem to be Ronald Wurm and Joy Turpijn who were contracted by Dordrecht which folded at the last possible moment and will be hard pressed to find another team to play for ... it would be bad for dutch hockey if these guys quit or spend the year in the eerte divisie
    Last edited by sp3c; 19-09-2014 at 00:18.

IHF Member
    personally I am against Dordrecht promoting btw

actions need to have consequences and there are plenty of eerste divisie clubs in the region, move Utrecht to create more spaces if need be it can be reached from anywhere in the country in about an hour and the rink is good lookin

plus people actually show up (when the team does) even at third tied

IHF Member

Three clubs from the Oberliga West have shown interest in having a Cup competition with the Eredivisie clubs, those being EV Füchse Duisburg, ESC Moskitos Essen and Herner EV.

The unknown name for the Cup is suppose to have two Groups of 4 in which the winners of each Group will advance to the Finals but nothing is certain yet.
    As well, the NIJB will speak with new DEB president Franz Reindl about the possibilites of Tilburg and Heerenveen moving over next season.

http://www.ijshockey.com/item/4974/d...rs-krijgt-vorm

As of right now, its an interesting mix of clubs, you get the projected favourite in Duisburg though given the scheduling of the Cup, I might worry about their effort. Herne is talented and should be around the top of the league while Essen is your middle of the road type club.

Calendar and rules for this season have finally been posted, with no mention yet about the Cup competition with the Oberliga clubs. The league will begin on 14.November and will be broken up into three phases. In each phase, the clubs will play a home and away calendar, at the end of the phase, the club who is at the top is declared the winner and will qualify for the play-offs.

At the start of phase 2, all the clubs will start back at zero, the winner of phase two advances to play-offs. If the winner of Phase 2 is the same as Phase 1, the runner-up will qualify for the play-offs. Repeat this again for Phase 3, again, if the winner of this Phase and runner-up is the same, the 3rd place will advance.

To find the fourth club, the club will finishes fourth in the "overall" standings will advance. All play-off series will be a Best of 7.

The Ron Berteling-Schaal which pits Heerenveen against the Champions Tilburg will take place on 4-5.October.

Full calendar Eredivisie: http://nijb.nl/cms.php?Page=18&LevelID=1&CompID=667
    Calendar Cup: http://nijb.nl/cms.php?Page=18&LevelID=1&CompID=698

IHF Prospect
    It's sad to read this after having so much watching HYS when I lived in the Hague.

Who would I need to contact at the NIJB about a possible sponsorship of new teams for next season? I'm sure that by approaching the right sponsors, it would be possible to raise enough funds to support at least three semipro hockey teams in cities that currently don't have them.

IHF Member
    I would contact Joep Meijsen at www.ijshockey.com, he'll probably know to contact

redactie@ijshockey.com

As the Oberliga keeps looking to reform their Northern leagues, those being Nord, Ost and West regions, they again held a meeting this past weekend in Göttingen, attended the meeting were representatives from Heerenveen and Tilburg and their inclusion into the Oberliga for next season is "very likely."

Where the two Dutch clubs would play is unknown, either in the Nord or Mitte region.

http://eishockeynews.de/aktuell/arti...utschland.html

On Monday the RBIHF (Belgian Federation) and the NIJB (Dutch Federation) had a meeting to talk about forming a joint league for the 15/16 season. On the Belgian side, despite the progress the league has made, President Nuchelmans said they have come to the realization that Belgium is just too small of a country to promote the sport at a high level.
    On the Dutch side of things, the removal of its two best clubs, Tilburg and Heerenveen over to the German Oberliga is becoming more clear and would see their league reduced to just two Dutch clubs and a total of just three clubs.

The idea is to merge the Elite League, Eerste divisie and Eredivisie for a total of 19 clubs. The 10 clubs from the Eerste divisie, 6 from Elite League and the remaining three from Eredivisie. The rest of the information will remain unclear until the near future which will be the number of matches played, how many imports should be used and much more.

http://www.rbihf.be/node/4345
    http://www.ijshockey.com/item/5140/n...e-samen-verder

IHF Member
    Im quite curious to see what will happen here

to me this merger seems way too drastic or even desperate while it is not really needed or even really wanted at this point
    don't get me wrong I would love to see a benelux league with 20 or so teams playing home and away matches against each other bu the dutch eerste divisie teams just dont have the stamina for a 40 game season

we will end up with breaking these two functioning fun leagues up in order to cater to the three teams from both nations that still have money and to me it should be the other way around

I'd have Geleen and Eindhoven move down to the eerste divisie (no imports for either of them) while hyc needs to pick one or the other and be done with it for at least 2 seasons

that's assuming tilburg and heerenveen get to move to germany if not this thread will get crazy again over the next few months

im expecting some crazy

Or mob them all up into a 19 team league and play a 20 round swiss tournament, that should be fun

IHF Member
    EINDHOVEN - No less then sixteen clubs have expressed interest in joining the new Icehockey Eredivisie. Among those are six Belgian teams. This came to light after a meeting the Nederaldse ijshockeybond (NIJB) had with potential participants.
    According to Ruud Vreeman, chairman of the NIJB, the teams will be playing with a maximum of two foreigners. "Allmost all of the teams are positive about this new rule. This way the costs for the clubs can be kept in check. We want to assure that clubs go bankrupt less often."

About the setup of the competition that will start at the end of september, nowhere near everything is clear at this point. Vreeman does want to say that there will be a schedule with only one game per weekend. Right now there are two. "But clubs that have played in the eerste divisie do not really want that, they think one game per week is enough.
    translated from:
    http://www.gelderlander.nl/algemeen/...ckey-1.4844155

meanwhile in Leeuwarden:

starting to look like a rink

So nothing really new other than they decided on a max of two imports which I can understand their reason seems a little low in my opinion. But I guess now with added travel its a smarter way to go. If the Dutch are down to 10 clubs, wonder which ones are no longer interested, similar story on the Belgian side. Either Herentals doesnt know what they want to do or somebody from the Elite League isnt interested. Sadly that means Gullegem wont be making a return even though this seems like a better situation for them to come back despite the travel.

I dont know why but the one match a week thing kind of....annoys me. I know 15x2 is 30 and thats already more matches than both these leagues had last season but surely you could play any mix of Friday/Saturday/Sunday as long as your either home or have two opponents from the same country.

Ohh well, despite how Im not all that pleased, both Federations seem to be openly discussing with their clubs and making sure this doesnt harm either situation so thats still a positive that makes me feel better.

IHF Member
    I believe Flyers have allready stated somewhere they won't be entering a second team while Kemphanen will likely merge their eredivisie and eerste divisie teams so you'd end up with 9 eerste divisie crews and Eaters (or 8 eerste divisie crews plus Kemphanen and Eaters if you will) making 10 teams

don't know enough about the Belgian side of things to hazard a guess as to who is going to drop out there ... could also be that the writer mistakenly counted HYC as a Dutch club because they've been playing here for so long

additionaly like your Gullegem I would've liked to see Utrecht join up on the Dutch side of the border, they won the promotiedivisie this season and I believe they could be competetive at the level of play we are looking at since they do have some good prospects playing elsewhere (Wessel Copier @ Nijmegen and Justin Evers and Jerry Kinneging @ Den Bosch) if they can get some of their experienced old guys back ... not John Versteeg obviously as he needs to stay in Amsterdam

guess it's going to take another year which is a shame since the market does have potential

IHF Member
    RED Eagles in the picture for new eredivisie.

DEN BOSCH - Icehockeyclub Red Eagles is one of the sixteen teams that might possibly join the Eredivisie. According to coach Leo van den Thillart this new Eredivisie creates possibilities for the Bosche Bollekes.

"The budget will rise a little, but we are not going to do anything crazy. So don't expect to see foreign players with us. We are also going to be playing at the level we do now, but with more teams you will get a better competition. That is good for Dutch hockey."
    translated from:
    http://www.bd.nl/sport/ijshockey/red...isie-1.4845843

with Tilburg that makes two I guess

IHF Member
    Friesland Flyers and Tilburg Trappers have officially applied for the new german Oberliga Nord (tier 3). The number of teams in this league is however unknown, could be anything from 14 to 22.

http://www.eishockeynews.de/aktuell/...liga-nord.html

IHF Member
    AHOUD Devils join eredivisie

Thee AHOUD Devils Nijmegen will definately be taking the step towards the new eredivisie. This was announced by chairman technical staff Jeroen Bergen this afternoon. The talks between the Dutch and Belgian teams and federations NIJB and KBIJF have let to a beautifull setup for the season 2015-2016

The Nederlandse IJshockey Bond (NIJB) and the Koninklijke Belgische IJshockey Bond (KBIJF) will organize a joint competion on the highest level starting the season 2015-2016 gezamenlijk. They have reached an agreement to that and with 12 Dutch and 7 Belgian clubs.

As soon as the competition, technical agreements, importrules etc. have all been finalized, we will definately be publishing them here. That seems to be a matter of one or to weeks, but in the meantime the clubs are not sitting still.

Eredivisie- and eerste divisieteam
    The Devils will be entering the coming season with an eredivisie team and an eerste divisieteam. This team will form the bridge between the departure from the youth to the eredivisie. This means that future departures from the eredivisie will be filled up with players from the eerste divisie.

For the eerste divisieteam there will be a meeting on wednesday 22 april next week for potential players. The exact location and time will be announced as soon as possible. On the one side the Technical committee of the Nijmegen Devils will be actively approaching players. On the other hand the Nijmegen Devils will offer experienced players and former youth players the oppertunity to elist themselves at eerstedivisie@nijmegendevils.nl.

Are you an experianced hockeyplayer, did you perform well in youth or other teams and is it starting to itch again, we hereby invite you to be at this meeting, do not hessitate to apply youtself

Trainers and coaches
    At this moment talks are ongoing with several trainers and/or coaches for the variety of teams. As soon as definitive agreements have been made, we will publish these as soon as possible as well

Short term
    partly due to upcoming vacation it is very short term to organise this first meeting. This night will be led by Wesley Hendriks and Jeroen van Bergen. Keep an eye on this website for further information.

By Jeroen van Bergen en Wout van der Hoef
    translated from
    http://nijmegendevils.nl/ahoud-devils-naar-eredivisie/

that makes 3 ... 13 to go

I'm very close to getting excited about this

IHF Member
    Is there any chance for a team from Luxembourg joining this competition?

Quote Originally Posted by ElTres View Post
    Is there any chance for a team from Luxembourg joining this competition?
    Funny enough both me and sp3c have suggested seeing a club from Luxembourg join however neither Federation has brought up them joining and I havent read anything about one of them asking to join.

I dont see why one of them couldnt join, league is suppose to only take place on the weekend, given what Tornado puts up with now, their longest drive would be to Groningen which is about an hour and half longer than what they usually do now. Competitive wise dont see why they cant put up a fight against some of the lower Eerste divisie clubs, some of their higher ones and the top Belgian clubs might be a little out of their range but getting stiffer competition never really hurts. If I were to guess, as long as this project works out and after this season both Federations dont split up, I could see them atleast being asked to join.

IHF Member
    I'm still waiting to see this not happen coming season, it's a long summer and a lot of people make no sense whatsoever

either way I don't think a Luxembourg team joining is likely, hasn't been any rumours in that regard and if I where them I'd wait to see what happens next season ... in the end I'd love to see some kind of lowlands league with Luxembourg and maybe even teams from places like Neuss and Dunkirque but I don't see it happening anytime soon as it's going to be difficult enough to get the Dutch and Belgians cooperating on an even footing

Heerenveen Flyers has decided not to play in German oberliga.
    http://www.ijshockey.com/item/5177/h...f-van-oberliga
    Nederlandse IJshockey Bond
    www.nijb.nl

The final format for the new league should be coming up next week when the NIJB and RBIHF have a meeting on 30.April. From the sounds of it, both Federations are taking a very smart route, split the league up into Divisions which dictate how many matches you are playing against the other Division. Still seems like the import rule will remain at two but Belgians and Dutch dont count on either side of the boarder.
    I assume the Cup competition is only talking about the Dutch clubs which would be played with about 10 clubs.

The league should run for this season and then after this season the two Federations will meet to re-evaluate the structure of the league. I really have to give credit to both Federations, they are being very cautious and smart about this.

http://www.ijshockey.com/item/5178/a...visie-dichtbij

Quote Originally Posted by Betterman View Post
    Heerenveen Flyers has decided not to play in German oberliga.
    http://www.ijshockey.com/item/5177/h...f-van-oberliga
    Well interesting choice from them, if I understand it correctly, they are going to reduce their budget down to 175,000 euros and invest the rest of the money into youth development. Cant say I would be against that.

IHF Member
    Crazy .. every reason he gives for not going ahead has been known for at least six months

I hope this money for youth development actually exists but it sounds fishy

IHF Member
    Crazy .. every reason he gives for not going ahead has been known for at least six months

I hope this money for youth development actually exists but it sounds fishy
    I also think the "youth development money" sounds fishy but maybe you are wrong with the other statement. Some months ago it wasnt clear that there will be only three Oberliga divisions next season (most likely divided in east, west and south). Cause of this the west and east divisions will be stronger and you need to invest more money to be competitive. The pure amateur teams will leave the Oberliga and you need a pro or semi-pro team next season...

IHF Member
    But its a shame Heerenveen decided not to participate, I would have liked to see them playing in Germany.

Head coach of the Belgian National club, Paul Vincent, becomes the new head coach for Liège Bulldogs

http://www.bulldogs-hockey.be/club-n...-des-bulldogs/

IHF Member
    http://www.eliteprospects.com/staff.php?staff=2988

this guy will be coaching Eaters next season, a proper coach!
    If they can keep the gang together they may well be the team towatch coming season!

no decision has been made aboutthe setup though

Some clarity on the format of the league is starting to take place. There will be 18 clubs in the league which will be broken up into two Groups of Nine, within each Group, you play everybody in the form of a double round robin, the top four clubs in each Group will advance to the Play-offs. A cross play-off format, so number 1 from Group A plays number 4 from Group B and so on. However, the number of matches or format for the play-offs is not yet decided.
    For the clubs who finish in the 8th and 9th position in each Group, their send has come to an end, while clubs in seeds 5-7 will keep playing in their own competition to form a ranking so the league can be divided into levels.

Pool A
    Antwerp, Amsterdam, Den Haag, Dordrecht, Groningen, Heerenveen, Herentals, Turnhout and Zoetermeer

Pool B
    Den Bosch, Eindhoven, Geleen, Heist-op-den-Berg, Leuven, Liège, Nijmegen, Tilburg and Utrecht

Cup competition will once again be played by each country for a total of 12 clubs, the top four in each Group will make the play-offs with the rules being brought by each Nations Federation.

Belgium
    Antwerp, Heist-op-den-Berg, Herentals, Leuven, Liège and Turnhout

Netherlands
    Dordrecht, Eindhoven, Geleen, Heerenveen, Nijmegen and Tilburg

The number of imports will be locked at two players per a club. However, a Belgian or Dutch on either side of the boarder is not counted as an import. As well, a player who has played in either Belgium or the Netherlands since the age of 15, or who has spent four consecutive seasons in either country will be classified as a status player and no longer an import.

http://www.ijshockey.com/item/5184/d...r-nieuwe-opzet

Among the missing clubs from the list will be last years Elite League club Haskey Hasselt who have announced they wont be taking part in the new league and will be dropping back into the Belgian National League. The reasons being the club realizes they have a lot of work to do, their defeats during last years post season proves they are just not on the level of Antwerp, Leuven or Liège. Its not worth the risk at this moment to move into the BeNe league but will be looking to improve to the point they can join.

http://www.haskeyhasselt.be/home/nie...nationalleague

IHF Member
    ok I'm now officially excited (doesn't take much does it?), it's good to see Utrecht take the step up, bad to see Haskey take the step down and it has to stuck for the people at HYC to be back where they started after all that

I'm a bit annoyed at the fact that the Dutch teams weren't able to compromise on the amount of games to be played but I guess that is to be expected in Nederland hockeyland and I wish they'd just banned imported goalies for the time being but mostly it sounds good ... simple enough to work I guess :)

IHF Member
    http://www.hijshokij.nl/component/k2...de-ere-divisie

hijs hokij is officially on board now, doesn't really say anything new except that Manitas Demelinne is retiring and that they are looking at recruiting some players from the Hague that have moved elsewhere

doesn't specify anyone but I'm guessing Tony Demelinne and/or Ronald Wurm

IHF Member
    Hes Roelofs will coach Olympia Heist and they have attracted Naoki Kaneko from Haskey while D-menJentl Beulens and Thomas Neçpal (a slovak brother in law of Marek Ziarny apperanty) will join up as well

http://www.olympiaheist.be/v3/

Andy Tenbult will coach Turnhout

http://www.white-caps.be/cms/

edit: and rumours will have you believe that Jordan Paulus (HYC) will return to Liege while Alexander Verherstraten should move to Heist op den Berg
    Last edited by sp3c; 28-05-2015 at 12:16.

IHF Member

White Caps Turnhout has ceased to exist, the clubs youth side, Turnhout Tigers has taken control of the club and the name will be used from now on.

http://www.rbihf.be/node/4429
    http://www.turnhouttigers.be/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information