Thread: Seeking information on Irish clubs

IHF Prospect

Ireland Seeking information on Irish clubs

Thank you for checking this post out.

A friend of mine might be moving to Ireland, coming from the USA. He played ice hockey in the past and would very much like to start playing again (would be a senior, I guess, as he is early 40s now).

I tried research for clubs where he might could play, but it seems only Dublin and Dundalk would offer such an opportunity, and being located in Leitrim, the world always seems to happen elsewhere o.O :P

Sligo I assume does not offer ice hockey? Dublin and Dundalk are both over 2 hour drive away, and for regular training, that's quite a journey :'/

Any chance to play closer to Leitrim then those two cities? *hopes*

At this point in time he'll be travelling to Belfast if he wants to play, as the rink in Dundalk is long closed and the one in Dublin is (last I heard) still looking for a more permanent location to move to. Neither is currently open. Some clubs in various locales train inline hockey, but that's as close as your friend is going to get.

http://www.flyersicehockey.com/ is a good spot to look, and they have good contacts throughout the country and might be able to help.

IHF Prospect
    Thank you so much, Steigs. I was afraid the news might be disheartening. Belfast is definitely out of reach, no debate there.

I shall forward this and let that friend of mine decide whether Ireland is still a place he wishes to move to, even if probably without the chance to play ice hockey again. Thank you again, also for the link :D

Thread Information