Thread: Ice Hockey Tour in Germany Cologne,Krefeld,Iserlohn and Dusseldorf in December 2014

IHF Member Bulgarian_Hockey_Fan's Avatar

Ice Hockey Tour in Germany Cologne,Krefeld,Iserlohn and Dusseldorf in December 2014

Hello, friends. This year I plan to do hockey tour. I will travel from Sofia to Dortmund on 17th December and back to January 1, 2015.
    I planned to visit the following matches:
    Fr., 19.12.2014 19:30 Uhr Kölner Haie Thomas Sabo Ice Tigers
    So., 21.12.2014 14:30 Uhr Kölner Haie ERC Ingolstadt
    Di., 23.12.2014 19:30 Uhr Iserlohn Roosters EHC Red Bull München
    Fr., 26.12.2014 19:30 Uhr Krefeld Pinguine Düsseldorfer EG
    So., 28.12.2014 16:30 Uhr Düsseldorfer EG Augsburger Panther
    Di., 30.12.2014 19:30 Uhr Düsseldorfer EG Adler Mannheim OR
    Di., 30.12.2014 19:30 Uhr Krefeld Pinguine Iserlohn Roosters

Would you mind telling me which ones you need to buy tickets in advance.
    I would appreciate and additional information about the cheap hostels and pensions. I will be traveling with my girlfriend. I will be glad and information which cities deserve more attention in the region, except those in which we can watch games. We have planned to visit Essen, Wuppertal, Hagen, Duisburg.

I would be careful with those matches in Köln, they sell very well. Both the Iserlohn match and especially the Düsseldorf home matches you would be fine, the Krefeld v. Düsseldorf match I would buy in advance, thats the Straßenbahn-Derby.

Thanks friend!I will try soon to buy all tickets in advance via internet.

I wouldn't be too worried about the games in Cologne. Only the local derbies have good crowd attendance. I watched Wolfsburg play there and the crowd was only just over 4000. None of the games you plan to watch there are likely to be sell outs.

Graham.
    "It's very hard to talk quantum using a language originally designed to tell other monkeys where the ripe fruit is."
    ---
    "Night Watch", Terry Pratchett

Now I see that maybe I can watch this game:
    26.12.2014 18:30 EV Duisburg Neusser EV
    This is regional league.If I go to this game I miss Krefefd home game in 26,but I can go to their home game in 30.12.
    What is better?That's I can watch 6 games in 5 different halls,but I will miss Derby Krefeld-Dusseldorf . . . . .In 21.12 Duisburd also play home game . . but I prefer to watch final repied Koln-Ingolstadt. . .

I personally would pick the Derby match simply out of competitiveness. Last season, Duisburg was apart of the Frankfurt and Kassel rout of the league were they killed everybody but each other and this year Duisburg is suppose to run away with the league. The results last year were Duisburg winning 11:0 and 19:1.

If you want to watch an Oberliga West match....
    19.Dec 20h00 Moskitos Essen - Herner EV
    19.Dec 20h00 Lippe-Hockey-Hamm - EV Duisburg
    28.Dec 18h30 Lippe-Hockey-Hamm - EHC Neuwied
    28.Dec 20h00 Neusser EV - Löwen Frankfurt 1b
    30.Dec 21h00 EHC Neuwied - EV Duisburg

Hamm is located just past Dortmund, however, if you are not driving to Germany and taking the train, getting there for a 21h match might be hard since the arena isnt located by the train station, you would need a taxi or take the bus. However, that should be the most competitive and most talented match followed by the Moskitos Essen - Herner EV as they had some good matches last season. Hamm should beat Neuwied pretty easily as Neuwied just gained promotion and despite Frankfurt 1b gaining promotion, they as well should remain competitive with Neusser EV.
    I only put the Neuwied home match if you wanted to be a little adventurous as its an hour outside Köln.

*note: I skipped Oberliga matches on the 21st and the 26th as I felt seeing the Köln-Ingolstadt match and the derby would be way more interesting but I can post them if you just want the options.

Thread Information