Thread: Partizan in VHL ?

Partizan in VHL ?

Apparently Partizan submitted official application to join Russian VHL League. They submitted too late for upcoming season but can join in 2016

http://www.eurohockey.com/article/40...l-is-born.html

a good news!

The question is how many domestic players will take place in such Partizan? Or is it that the team will be filled with mainly foreign players? In that case the difference for Serbian hockey will not change at all and might remain within the limits of "difference" Medvescaks application to KHL did to domestic Croatian hockey.

Personally I would like to see Partizan in a regional League with mostly domestic players.

IHF Member
    Do you really think it as a good news? I'm a fan of russian hockey but i think this is one of the most pointless moves ever in the hockey. Serbian hockey have a lot of problems, I don't think that one team participating in the russian second tier and travel tens of thousands of kilometers per season by plane even to the Lake Baikal can bring things forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Davide View Post
    Apparently Partizan submitted official application to join Russian VHL League. They submitted too late for upcoming season but can join in 2016

http://www.eurohockey.com/article/40...l-is-born.html

a good news!

Quote Originally Posted by kerusz View Post
    Do you really think it as a good news? I'm a fan of russian hockey but i think this is one of the most pointless moves ever in the hockey. Serbian hockey have a lot of problems, I don't think that one team participating in the russian second tier and travel tens of thousands of kilometers per season by plane even to the Lake Baikal can bring things forward.
    I apsolute agree with you Kerusz. This is one of the worst future plan of any ice hockey club on the world.
    There is no need to explaine why, becouse it is like you said pointless.

If you have a milions euro to trow away, there is no other way then to give some Serbian club to play second Russian league.

Understand your point kerusz, I consider it a good news because it means there is a plan for future. Partizan seems having funds to compete in more decent league than Serbian domestic, as they showed in Slohokej league in the past. For reasons I don't know (and you certainly know) they aren't admitted in MOL Liga in the past (If i remember well, they applied a couple of years ago), so they try to reply the "Medvescak model". VHL has rigid standard in terms of economic guarantees and venue, so maybe it's a motivation also to raise the quality of club's structure. Will see....

That story of MOL league is one mistery for me after all these years....There were good will from both sides but eventually this story is dead for the future.
    You must know that there was a reason why Partizan played Slohokej league at the begining instead of MOL. In first two years it was just becouse of business. The main sponsor of Partizan wanted to invest a big money in Slovenian food industrie( Kolinska ) and the main reason was that future business in Slovenia. But, Croatin businessman was faster and with a lot more money in pocket( Emil Tedeski) who takes Kolinska and the story with Slovenians ended. After that( after playing 3 years of Slohokej league) Partizan wanted MOL league but it was crazy situation with ice in Belgrade and boykot few domestic players asking for more money and maybe the main sponsor just eventualy quit the plans with MOL( but the real and true reason we never known for sure...maybe he just dont want to spent any more time in hockey like in previous years..).
    Af course this is not a story from inside informations...just my point of view after several years of watching ice hockey in Serbia.

So after all, this story about VHL is just probably conected with business and nothing more.
    But I hope that this is just one big joke and that this is not a future for Serbian ice hockey.

Quote Originally Posted by partizanhk View Post
    So after all, this story about VHL is just probably conected with business and nothing more.
    But I hope that this is just one big joke and that this is not a future for Serbian ice hockey.
    This winter when the Russian legends were in Belgrade for celebrating 20 years from Olimpiade in Sarajevo(1984) in the game with our domestic veteren players the main boss from Partizan played the game in Russian roster. So...what to say

Partizan wants to play VHL because owner has some marketing, business, there in Russia ... I do not consider that as something good because such a league is too strong for Serbian standards.

MOL League is the best solution if they really want to do something for hockey in Serbia .. At the same time, the level of junior leagues are good, and the distances are not large between Belgrade and Hungarian cities.
    Serbian hockey
    Senior 2A - U20 2B - U18 2B

Thread Information