Thread: Konstantin Mihaylov (finally) retires

Konstantin Mihaylov (finally) retires

Longtime Bulgarian national team goaltender has officially retired from the NT after this year's inline championship.
    Pretty amazing when you think of how well he's played even recently, at age 51(!). His first time putting on a Bulgarian jersey was for the 1982 U18 championship. He's played professionally through the strong years in Bulgaria, won games for Bulgaria against the likes of Great Britain, Japan, Hungary and Denmark, and continued through the amateur years more recently.
    IIHF.com has an interview with Mihaylov, a farewell of sorts.

http://www.iihf.com/home-of-hockey/n...710748d4e92104

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steigs View Post
    Longtime Bulgarian national team goaltender has officially retired from the NT after this year's inline championship.
    Pretty amazing when you think of how well he's played even recently, at age 51(!). His first time putting on a Bulgarian jersey was for the 1982 U18 championship. He's played professionally through the strong years in Bulgaria, won games for Bulgaria against the likes of Great Britain, Japan, Hungary and Denmark, and continued through the amateur years more recently.
    IIHF.com has an interview with Mihaylov, a farewell of sorts.

http://www.iihf.com/home-of-hockey/n...710748d4e92104
    Interesting and humorous interview with the Johnny Bower of Bulgarian hockey.
    For me, the best part of the interview was when asked why he played so long.
    He answered for the love of the game but then added "there wasn't anyone as good as me in Bulgaria"
    LOL, that's as good a reason as any.

When you consider his accomplishments and where he's from, where he's played... The NHL Hall Of Fame will never look at him, because . we know why.
    I hope the IIHF Hall of Fame gives him the respect I think he and his career deserve at the earliest opportunity.

Thread Information