Thread: New Users: Read This

Alert New Users: Read This

Welcome to International Hockey Gang's message board.

On our homepage, you can learn more about who we are. In brief, we are (currently) about 350 hockeyfans from (currently) 43 countries who have come to know each other during the World Championships in the past years.

We communicate throughout the whole year, even in Summer, but it was only in late November 2003 that we decided to create a homepage and our own message board.

IHG's mission is to foster friendship, discussion and information exchange of international hockey among hockey friends from all over the world. When you have been here for a while, you will realize that this board is more personal than most other hockey forums you find on the net. And we are having a lot of fun.

Most of our private communications, however, take place in our Club House to which access is password restricted. You need to be a member of International Hockey Gang to get access.

We are always looking for new people, so don't hesitate to participate actively at this message board. Activity is what keeps it going. If you want to be a member of IHG - you don't have to - then simply post a message in the Welcome Board stating that you are interested in joining the gang. You can also send someone from the IHG Senior Staff (currently Dancan and Jazz) a private message, using that feature on the board.

Once enlisted, you will get more options. You usually get access to the club house after one month and min. 25 posts.
    Last edited by Jazz; 29-11-2007 at 21:23. Reason: link update

Looks like they shut down IIHF's fan corner.:ignore: :censored: :018:

This is the spot to be! :claphands :003: :smart: :bowdown: :drinker-g :653:

Don't forget to give some information about hockey in your country in the HOCKEY IS GLOBAL forum.

We are eager to learn about hockey everywhere!
    There is no such thing as a "Bad Hockey Market"
    There are, however, several markets with "Bad Hockey"

International Hockey Forums on Social Media:
    https://twitter.com/ihf_forums
    https://www.facebook.com/ihf.forums

*bump* - see first post above....

Btw, all you good people joining us from IHWC or IIHF sites, if you use different handle/nick here maybe you could also tell in your introduction post who you were at the other board? Quite a few of us have been reading those too, would be nice to see the familiar faces behind new nicks :023:

Quote Originally Posted by Master
    P.S. if you don't see your national flag on our front page, it's because we don't yet have any members from your country. In this case, don't hesitate to join us!
    Hmm. The flags have disappeared from the forum front page?
    Last edited by EveB; 17-05-2005 at 09:51.

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Yes, the flags have been removed. No more need for them now when nearly 50 IIHF countries are represented.

Here's a list of what countries are represented in our forum:

Europe
    Austria: 4
    Belarus: 3
    Belgium: 3
    Bulgaria: 1
    Croatia: 3
    Czech Republic: 9
    Denmark: 8
    Estonia: 2
    Finland: 22
    France: 7
    Germany: 9
    Great Britain: 11
    Greece: 2
    Hungary: 7
    Iceland: 4
    Ireland: 1
    Israel: 1
    Italy: 2
    Kazakhstan: 3
    Latvia: 8
    lithuania: 1
    Luxembourg: 2
    Macedonia: 1
    Netherlands: 2
    Norway: 2
    Poland: 5
    Portugal: 1
    Romania: 5
    Russia: 13
    Serbia & Montenegro: 1
    Slovakia: 9
    Slovenia: 6
    Spain: 1
    Sweden: 17
    Switzerland: 10
    Turkey: 6
    Ukraine: 1

North America
    Canada: 75
    USA: 35
    Mexico: 3

Asia, Pacific, Africa and Latin America
    Australia: 5
    Brazil (partily represented by Quebecois): 1
    Japan: 2
    New Zealand: 9
    South Africa: 1
    Taiwan: 1

countries missing
    Andorra
    Argentina (I think :005: )
    Armenia
    Azerbaijan
    Bosnia & Herzegovina
    Chile
    China
    DPR Korea
    Hong Kong, China
    India
    Korea
    Liechtenstein
    Mongolia (one member is coming up)
    Namibia
    Singapore
    Thailand
    United Arab Emirates
    Last edited by Karsten; 21-05-2005 at 18:27.

If your status has been set to IHG member and you havent received a password to the club house, then please contact one of the moderators (Jazz, Brimsek39, Québecois, Dancan, Bling, Roots and SharksAttack). :023:
    Last edited by Jazz; 15-12-2005 at 10:47.

**bump** welcome aboard to any new folks...we have noted that more than a few of our new names are spammers :nono: really no point in signing up if this is your mission. :devileek: .. we have no need to inflate our membership with mere numbers, instead we seek members who wish to bolster our stated mission.

'IHG's mission is to foster friendship, discussion and information exchange of international hockey among hockey friends from all over the world. When you have been here for a while, you will realize that this board is more personal than most other hockey forums you find on the net. And we are having a lot of fun.'

and again please make yourselves familiar with the board rules.
    It seemed like a good idea at the time officer

IHF Member
    I am a bit ashamed to say this, but this was the first time I saw this thread. I was looking for something very different.. (OK.. that would be how to quote somebody else's messages... Not to worry, I've seen those instructions before, I just need to re-find them.)

Back to the thing why I'm sending this message. Karsten, the post about who's on this forum is two years old. With some 2000+ members now, maybe an update? :-)

Edit: Come to think of it: the information about which nationalities are represented on this board might be of interest for many visitors. Perhaps a more prominent, a more visible, place for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin Hobbes View Post
    I am a bit ashamed to say this, but this was the first time I saw this thread. I was looking for something very different.. (OK.. that would be how to quote somebody else's messages... Not to worry, I've seen those instructions before, I just need to re-find them.)

Back to the thing why I'm sending this message. Karsten, the post about who's on this forum is two years old. With some 2000+ members now, maybe an update? :-)

Edit: Come to think of it: the information about which nationalities are represented on this board might be of interest for many visitors. Perhaps a more prominent, a more visible, place for this?
    Jazz is formally in charge of managing the forums so I refer these requests to him.

how I can edit my profile?

Quote Originally Posted by Forsberg View Post
    how I can edit my profile?
    In the red bar above the different forums you'll find a menu called user CP(the first one). Click this to get to the page where you edit your info.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    In the red bar above the different forums you'll find a menu called user CP(the first one). Click this to get to the page where you edit your info.
    I tried, but I cant access that page.

I tried, but I cant access that page.
    Do you get some kind of message?

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Do you get some kind of message?

this

Forsberg, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

this

Forsberg, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I get that message too (well, except my name instead of Forsberg's!!). Please help me! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Tim View Post
    I get that message too (well, except my name instead of Forsberg's!!). Please help me! :-)
    Try now.
    There is no such thing as a "Bad Hockey Market"
    There are, however, several markets with "Bad Hockey"

International Hockey Forums on Social Media:
    https://twitter.com/ihf_forums
    https://www.facebook.com/ihf.forums

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    Try now.
    All sorted now. Thanks! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Tim View Post
    I get that message too (well, with my name instead).

IHF Prospect
    I'm new here, who can help me? How do I edit or delete my post?

Nice Greetings from austria

your Eishockeyfreak

On the bottom of your post on the right corner is an "Edit" button. When you click it you will have an options "Save", "Go Advanced", "Delete" and "Cancel"
    Bo gdyby, ach gdyby wszystko na tym świecie dało się rostrzygać na lodowiskach, w trzech tercjach, kijem i krążkiem, to nie tylko wszak kanadyjskim zawodowcom z NHL, nie tylko wiarołomnym antysocjalistycznym Czechom, ale całemu światu, ba, nawet duszmanom z Pandższiru, Heratu i Kandaharu spuściłaby tęgi a druzgocący wpierdol hokejowa reprezentacja ZSRR, a w jej składzie Ragulin, Fetisow, Kasatonow oraz, bladź, Kapustin, Golikow i Malcew.

Andrzej Sapkowski, "Żmija"

IHF Prospect
    hello .. unfortunately I can not create new post .. but I can only say .. how can I do? Thank you.

Thread Information