Thread: KHL Led Female Hockey League - new website

KHL Led Female Hockey League - new website

http://whl.khl.ru/

Starkovs, are you gonna be covering this?

Links to todays games also...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6jyMS9c1Hs
    Dinamo Riga, Manchester Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Garethw87 View Post
    Starkovs, are you gonna be covering this?
    No, I have enough to do this season plus majority of people on here wouldnt even know who the players are. Given how there are only about three-five of us who have conversations in the Womens World Championship threads. I did however watch the Tornado match and enjoyed it so Ill likely just follow along that way and comment as things go along.

We just have to bust out the photographs of Anna Prugova and Svetlana Kolmykova in their bikinis and lingerie...

... because that sells the "sport"?
    Bringing ice hockey to Northwest China!

I'm the hole formerly known as KazakhEagles

Quote Originally Posted by Trim View Post
    We just have to bust out the photographs of Anna Prugova and Svetlana Kolmykova in their bikinis and lingerie...

Sad but true!

Quote Originally Posted by Starkovs View Post
    No, I have enough to do this season plus majority of people on here wouldnt even know who the players are. Given how there are only about three-five of us who have conversations in the Womens World Championship threads. I did however watch the Tornado match and enjoyed it so Ill likely just follow along that way and comment as things go along.
    Well all appreciate your efforts though Starkovs!

I'll see if I can find out where they play in Moscow and try to go to a game or two. I'd definitely love to see them play.
    Twitter: @CSmeeth

Quote Originally Posted by Conesy View Post
    I'll see if I can find out where they play in Moscow and try to go to a game or two. I'd definitely love to see them play.
    They play up in Dmitrov, should have no problems getting up there, it would just be a bit of an adventure. Could even just go for the city if you wanted.

Well, it worked for the Lingerie Football League, didn't it? ...oh... wait... right.

In any case, I'm following the KHL's english-language info account on Twitter, which also passes on news on MHL and the women's league, so I'll at least know what's going on.

On a completely unrelated note, Trim, you know me and punk rock, right? I found a couple Kazakh punk bands the other day. They apparently even do a couple songs in Kazakh language. You're welcome in advance. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Steigs View Post
    On a completely unrelated note, Trim, you know me and punk rock, right? I found a couple Kazakh punk bands the other day. They apparently even do a couple songs in Kazakh language. You're welcome in advance. :)
    This forced me into a Barry Melrose laugh.

Bringing that point on topic, with the KHL behind the WHL (or ZHL?) and Barys supporting Tomiris, it would be good to see them compete in the league. If Pantera Minsk still exists, that would be a nice addition even if they were especially weak the one year they played in the EWCC. I noticed Biryusa Krasnoyarsk have a Belarussian on their roster. Back to the teams, it's not like they aren't already travelling so Astana would be easily linked with road trips to Krasnoyarsk.

Olga Sosina, UFA - Pretty sweet goal! http://gfycat.com/MarriedEntireAmericanalligator

If Pantera Minsk still exists, that would be a nice addition even if they were especially weak the one year they played in the EWCC.
    They unfortunately dont anymore, they ceased their operations in August of 2013 due to lack of funding. Kukushkin attempted to find sponsors for the club but nobody was willing and nothing from public sports and financial institutions. Grodno attempted to set up a club, got 25 girls to show up for a season but they as well couldnt come up with the money to stick around, believe right now only Soligorsk is left with an active womens clubs but its only for youth girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Garethw87 View Post
    Olga Sosina, UFA - Pretty sweet goal! http://gfycat.com/MarriedEntireAmericanalligator
    Weak defense but can't take anything away from Sosina. That was a nifty cut towards the slot to get around Mamatsashvili (Biryusa #2).

Thread Information