Thread: Starkov's absence and picking up the posting slack

Starkov's absence and picking up the posting slack

To all -

Starkovs has not posted in about three weeks. As you all know, he has done an enormous amount of work for IHF as a labor of love, which all of us hugely appreciate. We have not heard from him. We hope that he is OK and all is well with him. Perhaps he needed a break. Perhaps he has decided that it is time for him to move on.

Whatever the reason, IHF needs YOU. In order for this website to be a vibrant, current chat forum, archive/library, and just an interesting place to visit, we need people to post and participate.

Please consider participating by posting. You are free, in relevant threads, to post scores, stats, standings, videos/video links, pictures/picture links, and most of all just talking about those leagues, tournaments, teams, players, federations, etc. that are of interest to you.

Don't be shy. You don't have to be an expert to participate and enjoy IHF. If you are, that's terrific, but if you are simply a fan, or looking to learn, that's fine too.

If you have expertise on a certain league, or just are willing to keep the thread updated with scores, etc., please do so.

Please invite your family and friends to come and post as well. New blood is always good, and always welcomed.

Finally, we hope that we see Starkovs back here soon. If he does come back, IHF will be made better.

But it will be even bigger and better if everybody posts instead of just visiting and reading, and that would make things more enjoyable for Starkovs, yourselves, and everybody.

The owners of IHF do not make a dime from this website. Rather, it costs us money to maintain it. We do it because, like you, we love hockey, and talking about and learning about hockey all over the world.

Thank you for your continued support.

IHF Member
    Thanks for posting this Marc. Have posted some updated scores for the Elite League.

More importantly, I hope Starkovs is OK.

We all do. And we all hope that he returns and becomes active again.

Shefpie, Marras - thank you for stepping up and helping out. Thank you to everyone who posts.

As already mentioned on facebook I hope that Starkovs is okay. It's always sad to see such great contributors disappear, I would say that up to this day Karsten's presence on here is sorely missed.

I have been trying to keep up the Slovak lague thread up to date as much as I can.
    25th of June 2015 - Worst day in the history of modern hockey in Slovakia

See you in 2019...perhaps...

Much appreciated, Jaaa. You are the reason I follow Slovak hockey, for what it's worth. I am always interested to read what you have to say on the subject.

I am hoping Starkovs comes back, as I'm sure we all do. However, it has been basically a month now and he's never been gone this long.

If everyone can choose one league / tournament and really contribute to that thread, we should be fine.

Karsten is of course missed. His knowledge was unrivaled. He decided that he didn't want to own and run the site any longer, and declined to participate once he was no longer the owner. He's always welcome to come back and post if he chooses.

Are any of our other Latvian members in contact with Starkovs via email, or in person? Can anyone let us know if he is OK? We can respect if he has taken a break or chosen to move on for whatever reason (albeit it suddenly out of nowhere), but just would like to know that he is OK, as he has been a good friend of IHF for years.

An update, he posted today on IHF's Facebook page to let us know he is doing ok, but is dealing with a personal/family issue that is taking up his time right now. We'll see him back eventually but at this point in time I can fully understand this priority.

I'd ask you all to send a thought or prayer his way that everything works out for the best for Starkovs and his family.

IHF Member
    Thanks for the update, Steigs.

Would definitely like to echo your thoughts. Hope everything works out.

IHF Member
    sorry to hear this, seems like a fun dude ... hope things get better soon

I don't do prayers but I can spare a thought or two and I'll update the dutch/belgian side of things

I will say a prayer for whomever it is he is tending to. We will keep this place alive and waiting for your return, Starkovs!

I was going to add the IIHF events to the calendar, but couldn't as the calendar does not extend beyond Dec. 2015... A configuration setting in the forum software perhaps?
    Cum bibam cervisiam gaudeo.

Thread Information