Trstenjak Tomo (KHL Mladost)
    Fičur Bruno (KHL Mladost)
    Jarčov Luka (KHL Zagreb)
    Stančić Tibor (KHL Zagreb)
    Jović Leonardo (KHL Zagreb)
    Krikšić Hrvoje (KHL Zagreb)
    Gjoni Fran (KHL Zagreb)
    Pavičević Mak (HC Letci Letnany)

This is strong roster with players that are top players on Medvescak in junior EBEL, or at least very good complementary one's, and everything but saving status in this group would be major failure.

IHF Member
    Looks good hopefully enough to stay up

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oleg A View Post
    Estonian roster (unofficial) http://virusputnik.ee/u20-estonia.html
    Two interesting players missing. Mihhail Tugo (-96, WSHL) and Kristjan Kombe (-00, HPK).

Kombe has done lots of points in Finland's U16 league. Oleg, do you know has there thoughts that he could play in Estonian national team?

Games of the first day were:

CRO - NED 5 - 2 ( 1 - 0 , 3 - 0 , 1 - 2 )
    KOR - HUN 2 - 8 ( 0 - 2 , 1 - 2 , 1 - 4 )
    LTU - EST 6 - 5 ( 2 - 1 , 2 - 1 , 2 - 3 )

I watched all games yesterday via stream, so there are my impressions:

Earlyer I predicted an easy promotion for Hungary, and I'm not disappointed. Our boys played an excelent game, they will have no problem on this level with those teams. (Since some of them plays in MOL league or other European pro-leagues, they are the ultimate favourites). South Korea is my bronze-medal candidate, and I thik that in spite that this los, they can achiev it.
    Croatia surprised me a bit, but not too much - guess they collected their best players from EBYSL. Earlyer I tought Estonia, the Netherlands and Croatia has equal chances for relegation, and I still can imagine that a tie-braker will decide between them.
    Howewer, either Lithuania had a bad day, or Estonia had a good one, but the last game was a very close one (both the scores and the statistics are just a little bit in favor for Lithuania) - and I predicted Lithuania as the silver medalist of this group. So either they are weaker than it seemed and will probably not even get a medal, or Estonia is stronger, and will easily avoid relegation.

So, this group, except the far more superrior Hungarian team, seems quite balanced. Hope this series of close and entertaining games will continues (and indeed that Hungary will win as easily as I hope )

Oh, and there is the link for the stream: http://www.hockey.lt/index.php/nauji...deo-live/72698

What is going on with Hungarian goalies?
    This percent is amazing
    A-light-in-the-dark: Sofia Bulgaria, Skopje Macedonia, Sarajevo & Pristina :)

Now, that was probably the wrongest performance what I saw from Hungarian defence so far. Our goalies made a 50% and a 75% overall...wich is only good if you play golf... I don't know what happened - arrogance and/or underestimation of the opponent, a bad day...anyway, that performance was just terrible.
    Also, scoring...we scored 7 but at the first period, it was ridiculous...more than 20 shots on goal without goal, because everyone is just shooting without aiming...we made the Dutch goalie a hero today, as we did the same last year against Poland or Japan. Last year this shooting "efectivity" costed to a relegation - while the roster was capable for a medal, even for a fight for promotion. I see this as a major problem since many years in our youth NT-s. Our coaches must work on that our boys should score from les shoot.
    But at least the 3 points were collected.

IHF Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by MDani View Post
    Oh, and there is the link for the stream: http://www.hockey.lt/index.php/nauji...deo-live/72698
    Hi, I think, that that stream link doesnt works.

It's working for me...well, try it via the IIHF's site.
    Recap of the other two games.

EST - CRO 6 - 3 ( 0 - 0 , 4 - 1 , 2 - 2 )
    Croatians were like jesterday - good, their skating, puck-handling was good, I think they can avoid relegation if they play like at this two game. Estonian goalie Seppanen - just like in the past two tournament - won a game for his team. Also, Estonians were more concentrated at this game, used their opportunities well, and were good in defence. The game was decided I think when estonia shoot two quick goal only in half minute, near the end of the 2nd period. Also, Estonians seem to be well prepared, with excelent teamwork (seems playing some game at the home championship wasn't a bad idea. It shaked the guys together), so guess they will make hard games for the others as well.
    I hope Seppanen will find a good team for his senior career, and not stuck in the Estonian league - that would be a great lost of talent. Also Estonians should prepare for the times without him.

LTU - KOR 2 - 1 ( 0 - 1 , 0 - 0 , 1 - 0 , 0 - 0 , 1 - 0 )
    Lithuania was like Hungary - but while Hungary only paid with lots of goals, they paid with a point. They were faster and more skilled, even when a Lithuanian attacked, he could overrun-overcome two- or three Korean...but they were not a team. There were 20 player, but no teamwork, and especially after their equalizer, they all wanted to score the second one - so they even shoot from 0-angle, or not even passing when they were behind the net.
    Meanwhile, Koreans were solid, worked like a team, and again, it payed it's prize. Even when they were pushed into their zone for minutes (sometimes even at 5-on-5), they were calm, and everybody did their job. Also, they were more agile - at the last two minutes of the third period, - probably because the too many private-performances - Lithuanian players lost their power, slowed down and constantly moved to the bench after just seconds...not an acceptable attack from them at that time, while Korea were close at the final minutes to take all three points.

At the game, there were two major injury - one Lithuanian player was rammed by his teammate at the third period and reamined laying on the ice (don't know his name, sorry...), hope he is better now (Also, this again showed that there were no teamwork - the two guys just rushed after the puck without watching for anything else).
    Korean goalie Kim was injured in a collision five minutes before the end of 3rd period. Medicine staff treated him on ice and left on his own leg, but he was substitued. Hope he is okay, and both guy will be back at the next games.

What a stupid game by Koreans. Much better then Netherland, but once again from only two serious shots, they score two goals. Percent of goals from SOG from Netherland players are fantastic. Never ever see this, this is for ginis record book.

Koreans are too fast and combinate a lot when there are no need for that. I really can not believe what is purpose of that harakiri play sistem from Koreans. They cant score a goals, and that is the main problem.

Oh men, Korean team is the most stupid team which I ever see in ice hockey. What to say about flying like crazy speedy gonzales on ice without any purpose. The most useless team in this chamionship

Well, Korea a disappointment for me, too. I was quite sure - and after their games against Lithuania and Hungary I was more confident - that they can catch the bronze, and now, they are in the danger of relegation. Estonia, on the other hand, is a positive surprise - now they need only a single point for the bronze. Also, against, goaltending - Estonian was far better than the Korean, they even changed goalies twice, but it didn't help. So even if Estonia was outshoot again (not so badly than on earlyer games), they took victory with better efectivity.
    Hungary overcame it's problems and take an easy win against Croatia. If Croatia want to be sure, they have to catch Korea at today's game. Also, the Nedherlands have to do their best against Estonia - which will be not easy.
    Lithuania also played a solid game after the disappointing one against Korea, and take the three points from the Netherlands.

Earlyer I predicted an Estonia-Netherlands-Croatia fight against relegation, nw the two most endangered team is Korea and the Netherlands. Korea has probably the easier job - but still, lot of thrill in the last day. These games today are worth to watch.
    The gold medal game, for me, is decided - Hungary had an outstanding performance, except the game against Netherlands. Lithuania had to be beyond imagination and their skils showed so far if they want to win.

Results were:
    EST - KOR 11 - 8 ( 5 - 3 , 3 - 4 , 3 - 1 )
    CRO - HUN 0 - 7 ( 0 - 3 , 0 - 2 , 0 - 2 )
    NED - LTU 1 - 4 ( 0 - 1 , 0 - 1 , 1 - 2 )

Final ranking

RkCountryGPWOTWOTLLGF:GAPTS
    1 Hungary 5 5 0 0 0 36:9 15
    2 Lithuania 5 3 1 0 1 18:16 11
    3 Estonia 5 3 0 0 2 27:26 9
    4 Croatia 5 2 0 0 0 13:21 6
    5 Netherlands 5 0 1 0 4 14:23 2
    6 Korea 5 0 0 2 3 15:28 2

Hungary is promoted with a perfect record and full domination (expect the game against Netherlands). Lithuania, in spite that it's a good team,had no chance, only in the first period were close, and even that period was dominated by the Hungarian team. For me, last year's performance from Hungary was a massive disappointment, that team was a medal candidate at DivI B.
    Lithuania was not as dominating than the others. They better, but not so much than Hungary. Guess the defunct of their team at MHL B is a great stepback, also this year there is no Lithuanian team at Belarus U18 league. I'm curious how they can improve their home leagues - youth and senior.
    Estonia grabbed the bronze, which is nice performance, after some of these players have no team to participate (those who came from Viiking just played some preparation game at september, but nothing more, since the team is defunct), and because of the dropping of the number of the teams at Mestriliiga, young players have lesser ice time, and depending on the weak U20/U18 championships.
    Croatia performed well, they performance was not a surprise - good players from EBYSL made this team able for this good performance. If they can keep this level, or even improve, soon can be medalists, and probably sooner-later they can create a good senior NT without domestication.
    Netherland's agony in hockey continues - now they only survived because Korea was weaker than it seemed before or even after the first two game. Guess Netherland's federation needs to rethink their whole system, and improve their leagues on all level.
    Korea - a disappointment. After last year's performance, and even after the first two games, I expected a medal to them. Even so, they will be back at next year, if they'll play like they played on their first two games.

At all, it was a well-balanced and exciting tournament (except the games of Hungary), and a nice attitude from the Lithuanian federation that they broadcasted it via stream.
    Congrats to Hungary - the job is donne.
    Last edited by RexKramer; 21-12-2015 at 09:44.

P.S.: Hungary has 15 points indeed - my bad.

Thread Information