13:00 GMT-6 Round Robin, Game 16 BUL vs TUR Mexico City / Ice Dome
    16:15 GMT-6 Round Robin, Game 17 RSA vs NZL Mexico City / Ice Dome
    20:00 GMT-6 Round Robin, Game 18 MEX vs ISL Mexico City / Ice Dome

SUN 24 JAN
    13:00 GMT-6 Round Robin, Game 19 TUR vs ISR Mexico City / Ice Dome
    16:15 GMT-6 Round Robin, Game 20 ISL vs NZL Mexico City / Ice Dome
    20:00 GMT-6 Round Robin, Game 21 MEX vs RSA Mexico City / Ice Dome

IHF Prospect
    I think, Iceland will be heavy favorite, Bulgaria can be black horse of tournament I think...

IHF Member

Israel Israel Roster

Goaltenders
    Gokhberg, Maxim - Bat Yam Icedogs
    Werner, Raz - Lower Austria Stars St. Polten

Defence
    Aharonovich, Tomer - Rishon Devils
    Avraham, Marom - Maalot
    Chernin, Gital - Maalot
    Hoffman, Dan - Ak Bars Kazan
    Kafri, Ori - Hill Academy
    Kozev, Denis - Haifa Hawks
    Maaravi, Shai - MAC Metulla
    Vinitzki, Tomer - Lower Austria Stars St. Polten

Forwards
    Aharonovich, Roey - Rice Memorial HS
    Revniaga, Mark - Maalot
    Bash, Tomer - HC Metulla
    Boudnikov, Dani - Maalot
    Halpert, Yuval - Nes-Ziona
    Haver, Ben - Kfar Saba
    Merkulov, Daniel - Rishon Devils
    Natalchenko, Evgueni - HC Metulla
    Sever, Gur - Kfar Saba
    Spektor, Ilya - Kfar Saba

Is there any video feed ?

IHF Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by hudes89 View Post
    Stop music, please!!!

IHF Member

Friday Jan 15 games

I was at the rink today and can tell you all that it was a lot of adrenaline in the last game.

Nice new rink the Icedome

BUL VS NZL The kiwis make too many mistakes, Bulgaria just make them pay for those.
    TUR VS RSA At this moment Turkey is far away from South Africa
    MEX VS ISR What a game... they went from one side to the other all game long... At the end of second period and part of third, Israel was very tired because they were just playing lines 1-2, during the game I saw the thirth line only 6 times on the ice and I never saw the Israel 4th line coming in.

IHF Member
    Early surprises make the outcome hard to predict. Top seeds ( ISL and NZL ) have lost already. Surprisingly strong starts by TUR and BUL. Looks like MEX win over ISR might have decided who wins the group.

Geoff

Live stream is very unreliable

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nzice View Post
    Crazy it is horrible, is not the same company that did it last time, Terra, I don't know the new one but is surrealistic

Quote Originally Posted by Robocop View Post
    Crazy it is horrible, is not the same company that did it last time, Terra, I don't know the new one but is surrealistic
    I've seen less than 60 secs of game and were into 3rd period :-(

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nzice View Post
    I've also had issues with the stream, in that I can't get it to work at all. A shame, as I was really interested in taking a look at the quality of play here.

IHF Member
    Bad loss for ISR against NZL, I'll have to take BUL's chances more seriously !!

Geoff

Israeli goaltending has disappointed so far. Israel outshot both Mexico and New Zealand with nothing to show for it. The other issue for Israel is that they are realistically only two lines deep.....and of those two lines, nearly all of the offense is coming from Spektor, Revniaga and Aharonovich. The good news is that Israel is playing hard against higher ranked teams, and they are doing so with an average age of only 17 in a U20 event.

IHF Member
    For those interested in the Livestream, it appears the entirety of the final game from last night (New Zealand/Turkey) was streamed without issue. Hopefully this is a good sign going forward.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hudes89 View Post
    For those interested in the Livestream, it appears the entirety of the final game from last night (New Zealand/Turkey) was streamed without issue. Hopefully this is a good sign going forward.
    Indeed, it seems to be working for me right now. Though haven't checked the sound, as I'm unable to play it right now.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Brunengraber View Post
    Israeli goaltending has disappointed so far. Israel outshot both Mexico and New Zealand with nothing to show for it. The other issue for Israel is that they are realistically only two lines deep.....and of those two lines, nearly all of the offense is coming from Spektor, Revniaga and Aharonovich. The good news is that Israel is playing hard against higher ranked teams, and they are doing so with an average age of only 17 in a U20 event.
    Marc, I was at the games and the goalies make incredible stops, the problem comes when the D's are tired, all mexican goals came from second opportunities, 4 of NZL too and I can say same problem against Iceland.

IHF Member
    Today the USTREAM is working... hope continues like this.

IHF Member
    I want here insinuate anything, but how can it be that Turkey suddenly supposed to be so good? They have not made much progress in the last few years, for sure .... The whole seems to me very funny ...
    Cheers, Franco

IHF Member

Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I want here insinuate anything, but how can it be that Turkey suddenly supposed to be so good? They have not made much progress in the last few years, for sure .... The whole seems to me very funny ...
    I can tell you one thing... They can skate, they are fast, the coach had made a nice job with those kids. Still they have puck handling problems and only 4 of them have a decent shoot. Their defenders are short for the position but they are very agresive, fast and hard to beat. His goaltending has improving too.

They remember me China one year ago, but this team is still learning.

Are any of the Turks dual American or Canadian citizens? Regardless of what club each player is listed with, do any of them presently play for a North American club?

IHF Prospect
    There is no dual citizens and players are from Turkish Super League, players are mostly from Erzurum where also U20 coach is working. Added by couple players from Istanbul, Ankara and Izmir teams. Erzurum players are hard workers but what ive seen they lack on skills and vision for the game. Best players come from Istanbul and Izmir.

IHF Member

Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by antonp View Post
    There is no dual citizens and players are from Turkish Super League, players are mostly from Erzurum where also U20 coach is working. Added by couple players from Istanbul, Ankara and Izmir teams. Erzurum players are hard workers but what ive seen they lack on skills and vision for the game. Best players come from Istanbul and Izmir.
    Antop, they are a great surprise in the championship. I remember the Thurkish team with maximum 3 good players in theese tournaments, now, they have around 13 players almost at the same level.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yerdna View Post
    I think, Iceland will be heavy favorite, Bulgaria can be black horse of tournament I think...
    It was a big surprise to see the Iceland team full with U18 players. This ones is by far the youngest team that Iceland has presented in the last 6 or 7 years... But this team doesn't have the the same skils than the other Iceland U20 and U18 teams that I watched in the past.

IHF Member

Dallas NZL 1 - 2 MEX A gold medal game from Mexico returnind to div 2b after 6 years

In a very dramatic final, Mexico, with the PK unit on the ice maintained his lead against New Zealand that tried hard with an empty net and 6 players atacking. This win is the one to obtain the gold medal. Mexico has 12 points and two games to come against the two teams located at the botom of the championship (ISL 5 points & RSA). The followers, Bulgaria (9 points) has only one game left, Israel (8 points) one game left and New Zealand (6 points) with two games left, are done and will fight for the silver and bronce medals.

Mexico could lost both 2 games without changing the result because Mexico already beat the only two teams that could arrive to the 12 points (BUL & NZL).

Impressive of Mexico to win the promotion with two games to go... Congratulations to Mexico!
    Cum bibam cervisiam gaudeo.

IHF Member
    If only the Mexico-Israel game was later in this tournament. Smart scheduling by the organizers

Smart scheduling? Sounds like you're implying a conspiracy to keep Israel down (or to promote Mexico perhaps)?
    Cum bibam cervisiam gaudeo.

No conspiracy- just unfortunate for the Israelis that they lost a hard fought, 1 goal game to the hosts. Speaking of Mexico, congratulations to them. They have played great on home ice and deserve their victory and promotion. It's been a great tournament so far with some surprisingly good hockey. From an Israeli perspective, the game against Iceland was a killer. However, if they beat Turkey in regulation they have a good shot at a medal. I'm of the opinion that the refereeing has been excellent throughout the tournament as well.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennison View Post
    Smart scheduling? Sounds like you're implying a conspiracy to keep Israel down (or to promote Mexico perhaps)?
    Conspiracy is the wrong word. Maybe what Marc said, unfortunate for Israel, is more exact. My point is Israel always starts out slow in these tournaments, and had they played Mexico later on could have won that game. Even still, they barely lost the opener.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hckeyguy25 View Post
    Conspiracy is the wrong word. Maybe what Marc said, unfortunate for Israel, is more exact. My point is Israel always starts out slow in these tournaments, and had they played Mexico later on could have won that game. Even still, they barely lost the opener.
    The schedule is defined by the last year positions every year, no matter the world ranking or the host country.

1 Seed = Iceland (Sixth place in the U20 Div 2b 2015 in Jaca Spain)
    2 Seed = New Zealand (Second place in the U20 Div 3 2015 at Dunedin NZL)
    3 Seed = Mexico (Third place in the U20 Div 3 2015 at Dunedin NZL)
    4 Seed = South Africa (Fourth place in the U20 Div 3 2015 at Dunedin NZL)
    5 Seed = Turkey (Fifth place in the U20 Div 3 Div 3 2015 at Dunedin NZL)
    6 Seed = Bulgaria (This country was announced in Dudedin but didn't assist that's why they are the 6th seed)
    7 Seed = Israel (This country make his first trip to a U20 championship in several years for this reason is qualified as 7th seed)

The bad luck for Israel has been his seed, the last seeded teams always play against second and third seeded team in the first round.

Hope this clarify this point.
    Last edited by Marc Brunengraber; 25-01-2016 at 21:59.

IHF Member
    Well, I was at the game and still the Mexico D had several mistakes in that game since it was his thirth game together before to play in the championship. Every game they were improving their assignments, the games against Bulgaria and New Zealand were almost perfect only receiving one goal. Then I always thing that the "Ifs" in sports doesn't matter. It is what it is and nobody can change it.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Brunengraber View Post
    No conspiracy- just unfortunate for the Israelis that they lost a hard fought, 1 goal game to the hosts. Speaking of Mexico, congratulations to them. They have played great on home ice and deserve their victory and promotion. It's been a great tournament so far with some surprisingly good hockey. From an Israeli perspective, the game against Iceland was a killer. However, if they beat Turkey in regulation they have a good shot at a medal. I'm of the opinion that the refereeing has been excellent throughout the tournament as well.
    By the way, in the ISR - MEX game, Israel hit the post 2 times (one with 3 seconds in the clock in the third period) and Mexico hit the post 3 times... sometimes is luck, sometimes is destiny, still we are not gods to change it :)

IHF Member

In his last game Bulgaria beats Turkey 3-1

Bulgaria made the job for the medal beating Turkey today and finishing their participation in the championship, the color of the medal now depends on New Zealand last two games. One lost for NZL will open the door to Israel and will give the silver to Bulgaria.
    Last edited by Marc Brunengraber; 25-01-2016 at 22:00.

IHF Member
    Bulgaria made the job for the medal beating Turkey today and finishing their participation in the championship, the color of the medal now depends on New Zealand last two games. One lost for NZL will open the door to Israel and will give the silver to Bulgaria.
    Bulgaria has clinched second place as even if NZL levels on points, BUL won the game between them.

Geoff

IHF Member
    Yes Geoff, you're right, my mistake.

IHF Member

Mexico lost 1-4 to Iceland.

Without their first goalie Jaime Perez and giving a lot of minutes to their third and fourth lines, Mexico los his first game in the championship. Iceland played a smart game attacking directly the second goalie and taking advantage in their second chances.
    Last edited by Marc Brunengraber; 25-01-2016 at 22:00. Reason: Removed non-topic icon per forum rules

IHF Member
    The schedule is defined by the last year positions every year, no matter the world ranking or the host country.

1 Seed = Iceland (Sixth place in the U20 Div 2b 2015 in Jaca Spain)
    2 Seed = New Zealand (Second place in the U20 Div 3 2015 at Dunedin NZL)
    3 Seed = Mexico (Third place in the U20 Div 3 2015 at Dunedin NZL)
    4 Seed = South Africa (Fourth place in the U20 Div 3 2015 at Dunedin NZL)
    5 Seed = Turkey (Fifth place in the U20 Div 3 Div 3 2015 at Dunedin NZL)
    6 Seed = Bulgaria (This country was announced in Dudedin but didn't assist that's why they are the 6th seed)
    7 Seed = Israel (This country make his first trip to a U20 championship in several years for this reason is qualified as 7th seed)

The bad luck for Israel has been his seed, the last seeded teams always play against second and third seeded team in the first round.

Hope this clarify this point.
    I don't understand how the schedule is compiled with the rankings

IHF Member
    By the way, in the ISR - MEX game, Israel hit the post 2 times (one with 3 seconds in the clock in the third period) and Mexico hit the post 3 times... sometimes is luck, sometimes is destiny, still we are not gods to change it :)
    I'll stick to Israel would have beat Mexico later on in the tournament. Not taking anything away from them, (Mexico), well earned win and 1st place

The NZ Vs ISL game was high scoring - goal for goal most of the games, both teams took advantage of opposing teams penalties. NZ just sneaked home - with ISL fighting very very hard in the last few mins of the game

IHF Member
    Again, credit to Mexico for winning the group. My vote for top forward would have gone to Roey Aharonovich, not sure why he didn't get it

He should have. Israel had the top three scorers in the tournament. Hay was in fourth place.

Congrats to Mexico on the gold, Bulgaria on the silver and New Zealand on the bronze.

Overall a great tournament and some very hard fought, entertaining hockey.

Thread Information