Thread: Suomi Sarja ranking

IHF Prospect

Suomi Sarja ranking

Good morning,
    I'm curious as to how good Suomi Sarja is compared to leagues such as Sweden Division 1, France Division 1, AIHL, FHL (North America), and ECHL (North America)
    How does it rank in terms of quality of players against these leagues?

I know guys who have played in Sweden D.1, Suomi Sarja, France D.1 and the ECHL, so I can help you a bit. The better Swedish D.1 teams are stronger....Suomi Sarja is similar to average Sweden D.1. It's better than France D.1 and WAAAAAY better than the FHL. It is much weaker than the ECHL. By AIHL I assume that you mean the Australian league. Tough to make a comparison there, as the AIHL is a summer league and its level depends upon the quality of the imports that it gets each summer.

IHF Prospect
    Do you think a Suomi Sarja player would be able to be an import in France Div1?

Maybe. As with any league, an import needs to be noticeably better than the domestic players available - otherwise a team won't waste one of its valuable import spots. Anyone who is an impact player in Suomi Sarja should be able to play France D.1 with no problem at all. A marginal player in Suomi Sarja might not be given a tryout, much less a roster spot.

IHF Prospect
    How do you think it compares to the SPHL

Thread Information