View Poll Results: Which team will move on to the next stage of the Olympic qulifiers?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • ITA

15 68.18%
  • GBR

3 13.64%
  • NED

1 4.55%
  • SRB

3 13.64%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Olympic Qualification Preliminary Round 2 (11-14 February 2016) GROUP G - Cortina/ITA

Respect to Arsa Rankovic, he is amazing (with Milance Lukovic I am sure every game will be disaster!!!).
    Thanks God that we have goalie like he is.

Zabarima zameram jedino jer nema live prenosa :(
    translate:
    I am surprised that we can't find live-stream :(
    Last edited by BASSA; 14-02-2016 at 03:51.
    Serbian hockey
    Senior 2A - U20 2B - U18 2B

Respectable effort so far! Go Serbia!

Nice translation Bassa

Real "war" on ice in second period

IHF Member
    British television is showing the match delayed. Maybe there is a chance to get some highlights afterwards...

Quote Originally Posted by fikret View Post
    I agree with you but i cant agree with the statement that we won first round totaly unexpected. Spain and Island are still on the same level with Serbia. So it was not so unexpected.
    It was unexpected in the way that the Serbian season hardly had started and that the Spaniards propably had preparations since they wre hosts. To me this should mean a slight advantage agains oponents that are moreless equals.
    Yet for me, based on what I saw in Rekyavik at WC, Serbia is a better team than Spain.

Italy beats the Netherlands 4-2. Not an amazing perfomance by Italy, but good enough to beat a pesky Dutch team.

Last edited by fikret; 14-02-2016 at 10:23.
    A-light-in-the-dark: Sofia Bulgaria, Skopje Macedonia, Sarajevo & Pristina :)

Interesting interview of our captain and president Marko Milovanovic to iihf

http://www.iihf.com/home-of-hockey/n...9a3b251679431e

If I understood correctly, tt seems that Bera is "history" and new blood is on the rise
    New coach ist there, few U20 players are pushed to NT....real future is regional league

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Pasic View Post

If I understood correctly, ----> real future is regional league
    Another on-going debate in Serbian hockey concerns the future of the domestic league. This season Crvena Zvezda Belgrade has entered the Slovenian league and there has been talk of Partizan Belgrade linking up with Russia’s second-tier VHL. That’s a pattern seen elsewhere in the region, with Medvescak Zagreb playing in the KHL and Slovenia having a team in the Austrian EBEL.

But for Milovanovic the future lies closer to home. He wants to see the Balkan nations form a joint league.

We need to develop a league in the Balkans, maybe with Serbia, Croatia and Slovenia,” he said. “I think that’s something all these countries need as a strong domestic league.”

In the questions we got the clear answer for the VHL!
    But,... for me well known from 1 months ago.
    Serbian hockey

yes, that story about VHL was funny from begining.
    The league of Balkan, it is good direction for future.
    Two clubs from Serbia, three from Croatia and five from Slovenia. 10 teams,27 or 36 rounds. Perfect
    A-light-in-the-dark: Sofia Bulgaria, Skopje Macedonia, Sarajevo & Pristina :)

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fikret View Post
    Not England.... it's Great Britain...
    Cheers, Franco

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Pasic View Post

If I understood correctly, tt seems that Bera is "history" and new blood is on the rise
    New coach ist there, few U20 players are pushed to NT....real future is regional league
    Well, we had the Sloliga just a couple of seasons ago and it finally broke down - even though the idea was well. If I remember well a restart was out of the question for several reasons and amongst them that the Croatian clubs couldnīt afford it. And then of course only Partizan could invest of the Serbian clubs.

I canīt see the situation beeing much different now. Everebody knows the needs but the hows. So: status quo comparing to the last, this and propably next season. Itīs all about finances and organization.

This level of hockey was really good.
    Italy, GBR, Hungary, Poland, Japan, Ukraine are 2nd part of Elite (or Elite) level.
    Lithuania, Estonia, Netherlands, Romania, Croatia, for me considering as C level (3rd).
    Serbia is still D (4th) level, maybe close to Croatia and Romania, but still too far.

Maybe, for 5 years, with better conditions, kind of of some Inter league, and more players in pro-leagues, we could reach the level of Romania, Estonia, Lithuania.. Maybe, but I don't believe! They are also improving, every year.

So, D level (4th) is our reality.
    Iceland, Spain, Belgium, Australia...
    Last edited by BASSA; 15-02-2016 at 06:46.
    Serbian hockey

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information