Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Serbian league 2016/2017

Serbian league 2016/2017

This is interesting info because not so long ago Mr. Jakovljevic executive director SKHL Crvena Zvezda strongly denied that info on FB

Also on a club meeting 7 days ago there was no info about that. Management presented very ambitious plan
    for 2016/17 season. According to that, U12, 14 and 16 teams should play Slo league.
    U16 should also play Austrian junior cup. U18 will play ebysl and U20 should play junior EBEL

Club wants to bring back Serbian kids that play in SLO, HU or AUT. There were was nothing about
    forming 1 club from Serbian clubs that will play otside of Serbia

Situation with senior squad is not certan yet . SLO league or MOL are both still "in the game"

As usual all informations from serbian hockey are perfectly clear. There are no doubts that there are doubts!

Total lack of any co-ordination or maybe even worse: no WILL of any co-ordination.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Pasic View Post
    This is interesting info because not so long ago Mr. Jakovljevic executive director SKHL Crvena Zvezda strongly denied that info on FB

Also on a club meeting 7 days ago there was no info about that. Management presented very ambitious plan
    for 2016/17 season. According to that, U12, 14 and 16 teams should play Slo league.
    U16 should also play Austrian junior cup. U18 will play ebysl and U20 should play junior EBEL

Club wants to bring back Serbian kids that play in SLO, HU or AUT. There were was nothing about
    forming 1 club from Serbian clubs that will play otside of Serbia

Situation with senior squad is not certan yet . SLO league or MOL are both still "in the game"
    on same facebook page, the final information is that team from Serbia will not play MOL league. That is final decision, there are too much reasons for that.
    So, just Serbian league next year, like always
    A-light-in-the-dark: Sofia Bulgaria, Skopje Macedonia, Sarajevo & Pristina :)

Even if clubs passed their differences, request to have ice from 08. august is mission impossible

Even if clubs passed their differences, request to have ice from 08. august is mission impossible
    Maybe till August 20th they can accept ice conditions in Arena (and the rest of the rules by MOL standards).
    Basic problem with Serbian hockey, clubs, and people who are involved in hockey is mentality.
    Too much talk, too much promises... no results.

MOL is in front of your door :( .. but there are always excuses: money, ice, equipment, wether, clubs, players.
    Go and play Serbian league, soon be the D3A with Bulgaria, Mexico, etc, etc,..

As I am saying - House league (fun).
    Serbian hockey
    Senior 2A - U20 2B - U18 2B

IHF Prospect
    Bassa,

I've been reading on here for quite some time about your displeasure with Serbian hockey, always the first to criticize... Why don't you get involved and make a positive change instead?

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BASSA View Post
    Galati, Romanian team, wants to participate in MOL, and team Belgrade (some kind of Nt SRB).

My apologies to you Marc (i am so, so sorry), to all Admins, and to all forum Members!
    I respect forum rules, and I hope Worldwide audience can understand my good intentions.

I was convinced that I put my English part too, but obviously I forgot.
    My wife always bothers me when she see me on International hockey forum page.
    She is always pissed off, because of that.
    Yes, sometimes it happens, when you are so excited to announce information as fast as possible.
    Sometimes it's hard to be a hockey fan....

Quote Originally Posted by kerusz View Post
    Sometimes it's hard to be a hockey fan....
    Segitseg baratom.. (translate: Help me my friend)..
    Az igaz vagy nem igaz hogy Belgradi csapat akarja jatszoni Mol ligat (traslate: is it to be, or not to be, with aplication from Belagrade team?)..

Sok udvozlet.. (translate: Best regards from Toronto)!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Serbian hockey

Why did you left Subotica ?

Job opportunity, no jobs in Serbia, etc, etc.. so, i am in Canada almost 1 year..

p.s.
    Croatian team is gonna play Ebel 2 in 2016-2017, congrats!
    Serbian hockey

Job opportunity, no jobs in Serbia, etc, etc.. so, i am in Canada almost 1 year..

p.s.
    Croatian team is gonna play Ebel 2 in 2016-2017, congrats!
    Well, nice...hopefully your son is training hockey :)

Where did you get info on Croatian team ?

Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    Well, nice...hopefully your son is training hockey :)

Where did you get info on Croatian team ?
    1. He is Hungarian shcool (coach Jani, soon 11y.),.. (2 seasons in Szeged, now in Toronto, ~50 games)
    2. Almost done! ;)

http://siol.net/sportal/hokej/alpska...lovenci-416150
    Serbian hockey

IHF Member
    Segitseg baratom.. (translate: Help me my friend)..
    Az igaz vagy nem igaz hogy Belgradi csapat akarja jatszoni Mol ligat (traslate: is it to be, or not to be, with aplication from Belagrade team?)..

Sok udvozlet.. (translate: Best regards from Toronto)!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I've heard about it, but don't know how serious they are.

Megértem ;) (translate: I got it!).
    Serbian hockey

Update about requirements for MOL season 2016-17:

Source: http://en.icehockey.hu/hirek/hir/mol..._stay_the_same

MOL League requirements stay the same
    2016-05-27 18:02 - icehockey.hu

Despite what a Romanian news portal has reported the MOL League has not decided yet if Dunarea Galati will be joining the League for the upcoming 2016-17 season.

During the May 3rd league meeting requirements were placed that Galati would have to meet in order to enter the MOL League for the 2016-17 season. The League has yet to receive any feed back from the Romanian Ice Hockey Federation with regards to these requirements, whereas Galati responded by saying that they can not meet all of the requirements that have been stated. For any team interested in joining the League, they must pay an entrance fee by June 1st. The MOL League will make their next decisions on June 10th based on the information that has been handed in as well as the fees that have been paid. The final decision ultimately will be in the hands of teh Hungarian Ice Hockey Federation, based on what the League recommends.
    Time is ticking away!
    Serbian hockey

Update about requirements for MOL season 2016-17:

Source: http://en.icehockey.hu/hirek/hir/mol..._stay_the_same

Time is ticking away!
    Update 2:
    http://en.icehockey.hu/hirek/hir/all...stered_in_time

The following teams have handed in all the required paper work by the June 1st midnight deadline in order to participate in the 2016-17 season (this includes all requirements by the Romanian teams towards the Romanian Ice Hockey Federation as well)
    Don't see any "serious" club from Serbia :(
    Serbian hockey

Only year ago Serbian hockey club Partizan almost joined to the VHL:

http://www.eurohockey.com/article/40...l-is-born.html

Today, with new president of SRB Federation we have promises, dreams, expectations,.. let's say fun...
    Serbian hockey

Today, with new president of SRB Federation we have promises, dreams, expectations,.. let's say fun...
    I agree with you. Nothing new with new president. Old stories without any future. Very sad. I am a bit disapointed.

Serbian league 2016/2017

There is nothing to write about.....

Quote Originally Posted by fikret View Post
    There is nothing to write about.....
    Over and out!

Probably last update (3) about MOL league:

http://en.icehockey.hu/hirek/hir/gal...the_mol_league

The league debated the idea of the league expanding even more as well as what problems teams may face in the upcoming season with the addition of Galati as well as with Belgrade and Zagreb also showing interest in the league. The taking part in this discussion were the league members, leaders from both the league and federation as well as Levente Szuper who was representing Vasas SC. The biggest issue what teams look to have is the rise of travel costs, as teams have already have set budgets for the upcoming season. Ideas on how to manage this issue and the addition of Belgrade and Zagreb into the league will be discussed in the upcoming two weeks.
    June, 2016.
    Serbian hockey

Update (4) about MOL:

http://www.czbgtv.com/2016/06/15/hok...ionalnoj-ligi/

the bottom of the page:

'An interesting project of Serbian ice hockey Federation and two Serbian clubs about competition in MOL, the Hungarian league. It is a project which is goal the strengthening of National team. Best Serbian hockey players will have the opportunity to play with teams who play in the Hungarian championship. Our players will perform in a club with name "Belgrade". So, it would be a brand new hockey club with the professional organization and the management. At tomorrow's meeting the leaders of Red Star, Partizan and representatives of National hockey Federation are going to work on technical details of performances and registration of new club.'
    Serbian hockey

According to Red Stars facebook-site the team will play in the new regional league with slovenian clubs (exept Jesenice and Olimpija) and Medvescak who will compete with a team with only domestic players. All their U-teams up to U16 will play with the slovenes while the U18 waits for green flag to play junior-EBEL.

Rumours says the HK Belgrade (aka NT), that will join the MOL, also will find a couple of foreign players to be more compepetive.

Partizan will only play the domestic league.

All-in-all good news for serbian hockey.

According to Red Stars facebook-site the team will play in the new regional league with slovenian clubs (exept Jesenice and Olimpija) and Medvescak who will compete with a team with only domestic players. All their U-teams up to U16 will play with the slovenes while the U18 waits for green flag to play junior-EBEL.

Rumours says the HK Belgrade (aka NT), that will join the MOL, also will find a couple of foreign players to be more compepetive.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sloklo View Post

Can you give the link for that?

It is the information before 10 days...who knows what is the situation now...

The best players from Crvena Zvezda, Partizan and from Novi Sad who can play will be in team Belgrade, but Zvezda will also play Slovenian league with the rest of roster. I really dont know how it is possible...but we will see...

Quote Originally Posted by sloklo View Post

We are still waiting for an official confirmation same as for Galati:
    http://en.icehockey.hu/hirek/hir/dun...the_mol_league
    Serbian hockey

Quote Originally Posted by kerusz View Post
    Can you give the link for that?
    Hi Keusz.
    As I said the information came from Crvena Zvezdas site on Facebook on june 15.
    After presenting Zvezdas plans for the season Aleksandar Jakovljevic, sport director of CZ said following:

"Takodje , dobijeno je i odobrenje MOL madjarske prve lige o prijemu nase nacionalne selekcije u takmicenje pod imenom Beograd.
    To bi fakat bio potpuno novi hokejaski klub sa profesionalnom organizacijom i upravom.
    Znaci , profesionalna ekipa sastavljena od najboljih srpskih hokejasa pod pokroviteljstvom SHLS-a i domacih sponzora.
    Na sutrasnjem sastanku sa celnicima Partizana i Saveza cemo razraditi tehnicke detalje nastupa i registracije tog novog , profesionalnog kluba.
    Mislim i ubedjen sam da ce ovo biti veliki i kvalitativni pomak naseg hokejaskog sporta uopste."

I´ll try to translate it in short terms.

- An approval is recieved from MOL for the participation of the NT in the Hungarian league. The team will compete under the name HK Belgrade.

- The technical issues between Crvena Zvezda and Partizan will be settled with beginning on june 16.

- The team would in fact become a completly new team with a professional organisation and board and would consist of the best serbian hockeyplayers.

- The team will go under the Serbian Icehockey Federation and domestic sponsors.

Further its said that the team will play their games in the Pionir-rink and that it will be led by a foreign coach.

As I said this information is from the SKHL Crvena Zvezda site on June 15.

I hope this was good enough.

Hungary

I am gonna do an apologize to Mr. Marko Milovanovic, & Boka's friends, if MOL will accept Beograd!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fikret View Post
    I agree with you. Nothing new with new president. Old stories without any future. Very sad. I am a bit disapointed.
    Serbian hockey

I am gonna do an apologize to Mr. Marko Milovanovic, & Boka's friends, if MOL will accept Beograd!!!
    Agree with you. Me also big apologize if they bring MOL league in Belgrade.

If Beograd gets MOL team new president of serbian hockey done it more for sr hockey in less than a year than Medvescak for cro hockey with milions of euros in almost eight years....

Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    If Beograd gets MOL team new president of serbian hockey done it more for sr hockey in less than a year than Medvescak for cro hockey with milions of euros in almost eight years....
    We're still waiting for the last and official confirmation from Hungarian Federation, but yes.. you said true!

But, still... this is only the FIRST step, the step to save Serbian hockey from disaster.. OR, to secure the spot for players who have some talents,and to secure talents can play pro-league as pro-players.

Next SECOND step is development young categories (that doesn't mean just taking money from parents for monthly fee), and infrastructure - ice rinks.

So, with MOL Serbian hockey could bring fresh & positive vibrations, but second step is the most imortant thing..

Some simple examples from Toronto - Forest Hill Arena with 2 ice rinks (one is smaller, but excellent for practice), still today June 30., there is ice!:

Serbian hockey

This arena has 4 ice rinks, in the middle is restaurant (i took photo only from one side):

In this arena there are 5 ice rinks:

So, if Beograd can't afford 2-3 indoor ice rinks the new kids, the clubs, will not have room for development.

Also, the parents are always asked for fees, but not reasonable fees.. Serbia is full of talented children but parents are poor, or out of jobs.. and still new kids, and young categories, are force to pay serious money for Serbian conditions,.. and most of the money is going to coach's pockets.. that is shameful.
    Serbian hockey

So, if Beograd can't afford 2-3 indoor ice rinks the new kids, the clubs, will not have room for development.
    Future of Beostar ice rink is not very bright. Last season it had ice for 3 or 4 months. What will happen this year god knows.

This year U12,14,16 possibly 18 and Seniors will play domestic games in SLO league in Belgrade + domestic championship + MOL...+regular training proces of Zvezda and Partizan

I hope that Serbian hockey officials know how to put all that together

Probably some people are capable to fix the problem with Beostar arena.. specially this arena will be helpful for all selections, from learn to skate lessons to U18,.. Prime time in Pionir Arena are going to Seniors, I mean to Hk Beograd..

Serbian Federation is now much more supported by some of political structures in Belgrade, and by some sponsors too.. I don't see why they can't arrange ice conditions 6 months (from 1st Oktober - to 1st April).. Last time I was there I remember awful conditions in the dressing rooms :( (in 2011-12).
    Last edited by BASSA; 01-07-2016 at 06:12.
    Serbian hockey

Update (5) about MOL:

http://www.czbgtv.com/2016/07/01/hk-beograd-u-mol-ligi/

Is it final now?
    Serbian hockey

I don't see how HK Beograd will be a good thing for Serbian hockey as a whole. Sure, it will be good for hockey fans in Belgrade to see most of the best Serbs playing together along with some good foreigners in a strong league. But it will destroy what little is left of the Serbian national competition and eliminate the chances of that league building back to what it once was. It will diminish classic clubs Partizan and Red Star. And if the Serbian federation starts nationalizing foreigners the way South Korea and Croatia has, it will kill the ambitions of young U20 and U18 Serbs to one day represent their nation in ice hockey since they know some foreigner will come in and be handed a roster spot after 2-4 years of playing for the Beograd 'super club.'

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Brunengraber View Post
    I don't see how HK Beograd will be a good thing for Serbian hockey as a whole. Sure, it will be good for hockey fans in Belgrade to see most of the best Serbs playing together along with some good foreigners in a strong league. But it will destroy what little is left of the Serbian national competition and eliminate the chances of that league building back to what it once was. It will diminish classic clubs Partizan and Red Star.
    This part is very heavy for comment so I'am gonna leave other members do that..

And if the Serbian federation starts nationalizing foreigners the way South Korea and Croatia has, it will kill the ambitions of young U20 and U18 Serbs to one day represent their nation in ice hockey since they know some foreigner will come in and be handed a roster spot after 2-4 years of playing for the Beograd 'super club.'
    Marc, we have a lot of U20 and U18 players all over the world, in USA, in Canada, in Hungaria, in Sweden, etc.. so, if they have ambitions they will come under Serbian flag, and they will help Serbian hockey, and if they don't have doesn't matter, respect.. unfortunately lot of them don't have Serbian passeports, let's give the chance these kids (from Serbian families, mom and dad are Serbs too, of cours), to play for their country.

Dominik Crnogorac is player born in Canada, parents are Serbs/Montenegro. He wants to play for his mom and dad country/clubs. He speaks serbian language. He is not foreigner for me. He is Serbian who is born in Canada, for me. There are a lot of Serbs U20 and U18 as Dominik. There is no deference between Crnogorac or Katalina, and Podunavac or Brkusanin.. They are not foreigners, they are all Serbs.

Only deference between Crnogorac Serb player and Podunavac, Anic, etc Serb players are in conditions.. Crnogorac Serb player in Canada played hockey games in over 100 arenas, with over 100 teams, with over 300 games as he improved skills while Anic Serb player played games in max 3 rinks, with 3.5 teams, with 2 sticks, in max 10 games during 1 season.
    Last edited by BASSA; 03-07-2016 at 07:32.
    Serbian hockey

Update (5) about MOL:

Is it final now?
    Official web site of Serbian Hockey federation says that they are 100% ready, they have 7:2 votes "yes" from Mol clubs and untill 6th july Hungarian federation will give their answer

http://www.hockeyserbia.com/index.ph...ije-u-mol-ligi

I don't see how HK Beograd will be a good thing for Serbian hockey as a whole. Sure, it will be good for hockey fans in Belgrade to see most of the best Serbs playing together along with some good foreigners in a strong league. But it will destroy what little is left of the Serbian national competition and eliminate the chances of that league building back to what it once was. It will diminish classic clubs Partizan and Red Star.'
    Unfortunatelly Mark, there was not much of a League before so not much damage can be done in the future.

Vitez and Vojvodina are veterans clubs with few U20 kids, NS Stars is bit better and Spartak played "Mickey Mouse" Balkan league.

I see this move as a first step in long term process of healing Serbian hockey. Domestic league will be "junior league" for todays U20 players for next few years until they get old.

Unfortunatelly Mark, there was not much of a League before so not much damage can be done in the future.

Vitez and Vojvodina are veterans clubs with few U20 kids, NS Stars is bit better and Spartak played "Mickey Mouse" Balkan league.

I see this move as a first step in long term process of healing Serbian hockey. Domestic league will be "junior league" for todays U20 players for next few years until they get old.
    +1

Serbia must have minimum one full profesional club if they want something from future of ice hockey. This is the right move 100%
    I understand the question about foreign players, but maximum number is 5 and without them this HK BEOGRAD cant do nothing in MOL leauge in first years. But i hope that the mistakes like Medvescak did is not possible.

Future of Beostar ice rink is not very bright. Last season it had ice for 3 or 4 months. What will happen this year god knows.

This year U12,14,16 possibly 18 and Seniors will play domestic games in SLO league in Belgrade + domestic championship + MOL...+regular training proces of Zvezda and Partizan

I hope that Serbian hockey officials know how to put all that together
    Only with Beostar ice rink this all is possible. I hope that all relevant structure in federation, Zvezda and Partizan knows that.

Bassa - you misunderstand me. I'm talking about foreigners with no Serbian blood being given Serbian passports after two seasons with the 'superclub.' That can't be good for Serbian hockey.

A few years ago (5-10) Serbia had a pretty decent domestic league. Building this superclub ensures that we will never see that good domestic league competition return. That's sad (my opinion, of course). Serbian hockey should be more than Belgrade alone.

Bassa - you misunderstand me. I'm talking about foreigners with no Serbian blood being given Serbian passports after two seasons with the 'superclub.' That can't be good for Serbian hockey.

A few years ago (5-10) Serbia had a pretty decent domestic league. Building this superclub ensures that we will never see that good domestic league competition return. That's sad (my opinion, of course). Serbian hockey should be more than Belgrade alone.
    There were many many foreginers in "golden era" of Serbian league (2006-2009.) when almost all teams were professional and had several foregin players on the roster and yet only few (Jacobs, Perowne and Fournier) got Serbian passport, and one of them (Perowne) played in Vojvodina in begining of 2000-s...

And from what I understood this project is primarly for serbian players backed up by several foreginers. Hopefully for them they will first look at the players such as Despotovic and Trkulja, those players, with serbian origin, could be good PR for them(with on-ice quality) , could be for them what Hecimovic or Prpic were for Medvescak in EBEL time.

Marc, try to understand that times with good domestic league in country such is Serbia now it is impossible. Yes, it was good league, but then all clubs were almost fully profesional league and that was just strange coincidents. Now, that kind of league is mission impossible and the only way for Serbian hockey is to build one big club with the best domestic players. All the rest of teams , they can play hockey if they want and if they can. Beostar is gone, Spartak is gone, Novi Sad and Vojvodina is now again in some kind of new beginings and that is ok.....but it takes time for something more. Last year just Crvena Zvezda was full profesional club, Partizan was totaly amateur club just with foreing players in play off. The old players finish the carier last season( Gabric, Jankovic, Milovanovic, Kovacevic, Ogrizovic) and the future for Partizan was very bad.
    Believe me, that only games Partizan, Zvezda, Szeged and Novi Sad was ok, all the rest was awfull. Like in the time of Slohokej league when Partizan playing that, nobody was quilty why all other clubs were demolish. Now, it is the same thing, this HK Beograd will not be guilty if all the rest of the clubs shut down.
    Finally the good young players can see the future for playing hockey, the market is open wide for them and if they are good, all man.....MOL league is waiting for them.

For the last sentence of your post to come true, the other domestic clubs will need to survive on at least a youth level through U18 or U20. Not sure if a strictly U18 or U20 competition will satisfy the IIHF's requirements for a member nation to have annual national championships.

Marc, I appreciate your opinion, and I completely agree with you ;)

Slohokej during the 3 seasons was much more better story, and it is incomparable with 'your superclubs' in pretty decent domestic league, where we changed almost 100 foreigners for only 4 'super seasons'.
    Serbian hockey

Update (5) about MOL:

Is it final now?
    Update (6) about MOL:
    http://www.icehockey.hu/hirek/hir/az..._csatlakozasat

Final approval

Thanks to the people who worked on this project, Jakovljevic - Milovanovic, to Serbian hockey federation.. and Kerusz thanks to you too, for all your support, never mind how much it is :)
    Serbian hockey

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information