Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2017 iihf wc

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ref72 View Post
    Congrats Sweden. Hate to lose in a penalty shot contest but at least in that contest, there was no question who performed it better
    If this was the Olympics, Henrik Lundqvist would have been Sweden's first string goalie, without a doubt.
    The same can't be said for Calvin Pickard.
    With all due respect to Mr. Pickard (who played well in this game and tournament) he wouldn't even be the 4th choice.
    So when the game went to a shoot out I thought it was going to be King Henry time and ultimately that's precisely what happened.
    It was nice to see Henrik play on a championship team with his twin brother Joel.
    After yet another Stanley Cup heartbreak, it was a great way to end the year for perhaps the best Swedish netminder ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Heatleysucks View Post
    Gold?
    Only in Trump's world you are awarded gold by winning the bronze medal game.
    Conesy's alternative facts: Russia didn't blow the game against Canada and thus won gold

Conesy's second alternative fact: he doesn't mistake gold with bronze and instead, this was testing your reading comprehension
    Twitter: @CSmeeth

Quote Originally Posted by Conesy View Post
    Conesy's alternative facts
    Well played, Conesy.

The hate of the shootout is popping up more and more but I suppose the important part is that means we are having more closely-contested games than before and that's the important part. The IIHF has changed overtime rules for next year as well so hopefully overtime will be enough.
    Bringing ice hockey to Northwest China!

I'm the hole formerly known as KazakhEagles

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trim View Post
    Well played, Conesy.

The hate of the shootout is popping up more and more but I suppose the important part is that means we are having more closely-contested games than before and that's the important part. The IIHF has changed overtime rules for next year as well so hopefully overtime will be enough.
    I'd rather have a ten minute 3 on 3 OT than any shoot out be it 3 shooters or five.
    The NHL's 3 on 3 OT is only 5 minutes long yet it has been effective in drastically cutting down on the number of shoot outs needed to decide games.
    If the IIHF would adapt a 10 minute 3 on 3 OT, surely it would do the trick.
    The nature of 3 on 3 leads to inevitable mistakes which leads to scoring opportunities you wouldn't get 5 on 5.
    Bottom line, everyone would prefer to see a championship game decided during game play.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information